Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Am Tired - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Tired (789 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" / I Am Tired Of Bombing Stories - Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tired by lumideezle(m): 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hello everyone, i dont know about u but i am tired of staying in the dark, i am tired of power continously being interupted expecially when u need it the most. i am sick of having to eat my dinner in the dark or in dim lights, and most importantly i am tired of wanting to come online and not being able to because NEPA says so.
i have always blamed everybody from the govt, for not doing a good job, to my family for not fueling the generator, the school for not even having a generator at all, and so on. but yest when there was blackout again n as usual i started blaming everybody something kept on ringing in my head which was"what can i do to make this situation change ones and for all" At that point i realised that i have failed, i have failed my people, i have failed my country i have failed even the leaders i blame so much, and most importantly i have failed myself. i say this because i am a a 300l student in the faculty of science and technology and i have refused to utilise my God given talents to change my surronding. even if i dont suceed, i should know that i have tried, and one day i would be remembered for trying to gear a change.
For heavens sake why re we in school, why bother to go to school at all if you cant empower a change, why go through all the reading,the flogging, the stress of thinking of one assigment or the other,,,,, the whole thing just dosent make sense to me any more. think about it, we have ALL failed(talking about the young people of this nation)we have refused to solve our problems, we have continously passed the blame around. im talking to you, yes you! mr"i graduated with a two1 engenierring" yea right! and what a great engineer you have been.u have not been abel to look into the very problem that toments u day and night, you have not been able to fight the physical problem u have yet u pray to cast out demons everyday. even the spritual rem laughs at us. i am talking to everyone that is or has seen the four walls of a university
look u all i am not here to start another debate but all i want us to do is to profer PRACTICAL solutions about the power problem we have in this country i am not guranteeing us sucess, the govement might not listen to us people, might even fighs us for making moves, but my joy would come from one thing and that would b the fact that I TRIED.and we would all be remembered for stamping out foot down to say "Nomore, we want a change" we deserve a change.
i am calling out to who ever knows how it is done in other countries, tell us. WE can do this. heros are just normal people who decided they deserved better than they weregetting and fought for that which they wanted.our repies can b sent to the president himself and everyone who is a stake holder in this bizness.we can make them listen to us.we just have to get ourselves into one voice not complaining this time but proffering solutions.
Re: I Am Tired by clemcykul(f): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2007
ure ryte man am feelin you!

(1) (Reply)

If We Are Honest About Anti-corruption / Corrupt governors should face full wrath of the law / Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.