Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary (25369 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by sluch333: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
RIP Cynthia.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by pinozino: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
I hope its not d father,s rivals dat has pepetuated such evil act.may God deliver us from unforseen enemy.the wick most not go unpunished,they will certainly b caught and exposed..may are gentle soul rest in perfect peace amen.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by drzed: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
CCTV evidence led to arrest of suspects.
Well done to the hotel management for being up to date.

Can other hotels, businesses and the Nigeria Police learn from this and move us into the 21st Century?
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by dabrake(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
Trying so hard not to sympathize as her dad must have done worse but RIP beauty.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by tpia5: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
Rolly83: Lots of girls dissappear like this everyday in our campuses!its noting new, years ago when i was a student my friend's girlfriend disappeared like this when she followed her friends to an aristo's party all the girls that went never came back,it was months later that we heard they were all killed.

i've heard such stories as well.

lord have mercy.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by sharpshap(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=doctokwus]Lots of unanswered questions:how can she av agreed to meet wt strangers in an hotel.Was she so broke dat her ticket had to be paid for;did she actually go for a biz deal or was she into sth more dan dat.The truth may be bitter to swallow,but am not so inclined 2 bliv dat dis fine lady dat obviously came frm a well-to-do home was innocently lured into a hotel room.Just wish we had a very gud investigative agency to really dig out d mystery of dis murder.All d same may her soul RIP[my dear the thing taya me O! Even with that, her body was found at the morgue, how did it leave the hotel to the morgue?......... Too many questions to answer O!/quote]
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Koolking(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Information has it that she knew these skunks people on facebook and she was quick to trust them http://news.naij.com/6002.html
It's sad. Her death was avoidable. I am not always comfortable with people posting their personal details on social media sites. Stalkers look out for personal information and leverage on those info. Please, let us not be carried away by social media sites. Our identifies are our most priced possessions, let's protect same.

1 Like

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by proudlyafrican(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Quite a sad news and a painful loss not only to her family but the nation. RIP Cynthia...Wherever you are at this moment,i hope you will get that which you desire so much and never got here on earth that eventually led to your exit from the game of life...Good night Cynthia Osokogu.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Whymee: 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
Online chatting to e friendship, e business, e dating, e ticket, e booking, e reservation, e hotel, e transport, e meeting, all these without e telling ones parents end up in e killing, e depositing in mortuary for e police to e discovered.

This is a lesson to others who do e transaction without preparing for ICOU ( In Case of Unknown)

May her soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Fogman(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
RIP
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Oceemo(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
doctokwus: Lots of unanswered questions:how can she av agreed to meet wt strangers in an hotel.Was she so broke dat her ticket had to be paid for;did she actually go for a biz deal or was she into sth more dan dat.The truth may be bitter to swallow,but am not so inclined 2 bliv dat dis fine lady dat obviously came frm a well-to-do home was innocently lured into a hotel room.Just wish we had a very gud investigative agency to really dig out d mystery of dis murder.All d same may her soul RIP
mr who ar u askin? U shld as well go n brng her back 4rm d grave....B-)
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by wjxavier(m): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM MY COUSIN AND DECIDED TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL,MAYBE THIS CAN SAVE A SOUL.. THE PICTURE OF THE VICTIM WILL BE ON MY DP WALL FOR 1hr or MORE ...
My Dear friends, I am compelled to give u this information. I sent u a notice d other day of a frnd of mine "Cynthia Valerine Osokogu" who went missing abt a month ago. I just confirmed dat she was murdered by d same person/persons that sent her a ticket to fly from Abuja to Lagos. Her body parts were cut off, leg, hand, etc in a ritual killing. The person/persons involved have been apprehended, the really bad part is that they confessed that Cynthia was their 6th victim. This is not rocket science, there are many dangerous, desperate & evil men out there, u meet them in all kinds of places, bars, night clubs, parties, on line etc, they spend money like there's no 2moro just to bait girls. Pls advise girls u know who travel to meet men they hardly know for monetary reasons to desist, they may not live to enjoy d money they were promised. May Cynthia's soul rest in peace, Amen. Pls u can send it to ur sisters,girl friends,friends, etc. (From kristine)- her mutilated body was found in an hotel in Festac Town.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by blackbeau1(f): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
question 1:how did her body move to the morgue? anyway,may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Poolamy: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
maninmood:

With respect to the highlighted, despite the fact that your contribution is noble, I stand to correct you that such comment isn't worthwhile. Reasons, nobody goes beyond life lessons; do not deny the fact that you yourself had fallen for cheap shenanigans before! Nonetheless, this should be another lesson learned in your life archive. You should be a type of person that listens to his younger one rather than disrepute them. Cheers. RIP to the dead
hey do not misquote her, she was right afterall, wat would a beautiful girl of that age b transacting 'business' as claimed with strangers, wat is her level of intelligence. And for u pls learn from others mistakes. Hm
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by apache77(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
MAy her soul in peace.

That siad tho, this shd be a lesson for all these young girls.but do they ever listen? In life there are always scapegoats and cynthia was one.

She was prolly a runz girl,somene paid for her flight she went to meet him ina hotel room,for which he also paid for.it was no legitimate biznes she went for,just d quest for dubai shopping,blackberry porsche, living a life of indulgence all paid for by men.

Even as. I write this, there r girls all over Nigerian airports goin to meet men they hardly know, or returnin to meet men they knew in similar circumstances as cynthia.

70% of the young girls you meet in any local Nigerian airport hold tickets paid for by men. They all want to live lavida loc with all expenses met by men.so sad.

'Buy me ticket, I'l cum'- dats dia mantra.two days after meeting dem, they r even d ones to suggest.

One deleted me off her bb cos I started hedging about fulfillin my promise of buying her a ticket so she could cum visit frm PH.

Another has been harassin me for not wantin her to come visit frm Owerri.I even had to lie at a point I was not in d country forgetting that my location\time zone settings on my bb profile wwere visible. She took offence.

3oda ones are in various levels of posting by me.if I was a ritualists? These girls r gooners naa.

So its a bout seeing a new city to dem and flying 'aeroplane'.it doesn't matter if they have done so countless times in d past.so long as they r not paying and dey feel they r gonna catch fun and ccum bak wit ' Thanks for Comingg'.

Imeediately I saw her broadcast on bb last week, I just knew.she don fall victim. I understand all diz Runz girls very well and dia mentality,and wen I say Runz girls, I mean almost 70% of the young unmarried female population.

I was talking to one the other day and she had this to say; 'Guy, any girl wey don comot her mama house enter street to find money na winsh.she don see things.even if she dey 15yrs old,no b small girl again.she don see.'

Cynthia too been don see,unfortunately, she never lived to tell us what she had seen.

Young girls be cAreful

4 Likes

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by nkenu(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
The truth has not been told what took her to lagos!
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
wjxavier: I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM MY COUSIN AND DECIDED TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL,MAYBE THIS CAN SAVE A SOUL.. THE PICTURE OF THE VICTIM WILL BE ON MY DP WALL FOR 1hr or MORE ...
My Dear friends, I am compelled to give u this information. I sent u a notice d other day of a frnd of mine "Cynthia Valerine Osokogu" who went missing abt a month ago. I just confirmed dat she was murdered by d same person/persons that sent her a ticket to fly from Abuja to Lagos. Her body parts were cut off, leg, hand, etc in a ritual killing. The person/persons involved have been apprehended, the really bad part is that they confessed that Cynthia was their 6th victim. This is not rocket science, there are many dangerous, desperate & evil men out there, u meet them in all kinds of places, bars, night clubs, parties, on line etc, they spend money like there's no 2moro just to bait girls. Pls advise girls u know who travel to meet men they hardly know for monetary reasons to desist, they may not live to enjoy d money they were promised. May Cynthia's soul rest in peace, Amen. Pls u can send it to ur sisters,girl friends,friends, etc. (From kristine)- her mutilated body was found in an hotel in Festac Town.

cry cry cry
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by truely: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Its just so unfortunate for her to fall victim to somthing like this..... I am surprise at some peoples comments...its just a normal thing for to want to meet up with a guy in lagos since she usually come to lagos for her business... dose it now mean she is a sex.... as some people are presuming.... most do compel ladies to do the first visit even in the same state not to talk of other states.... my happiness is that the guys have been cut..... may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace....

1 Like

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by truely: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
nkenu: The truth has not been told what took her to lagos!

What truth are you talking of sir? .... some many women do that... travelling a long distance to meet an unknown friend... is she the first person?...her case was just unfortunate for me....
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by monex(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
why would peeps term her as a "runs girl". the op said she is into business (botique's and stuff) and came to transact business

the story suggests that she might have been "not too careful" but does not imply "runs".

RIP Cynthia.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by baslone: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
RUNZ sef nah bizness
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by phemi01(m): 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sad story!!! All these gals with wide mouths, many of u will also follow this part if u don't slow down. U want to wear shoes that look like war ships and carry big rubbish bags that can contain 10 human heads. U want to snap pix in hotel rums and upload on FB to deceive ppl ur are living large. Abuja on point! PH on my mind! Club tins! And all tht trash! When the worst happen, they'll always be a funny story to cover up. If una like mke una no change. RIP Cynthia and I hope her killers are killled as well. No long court stories.

1 Like

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by tpia5: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
U want to snap pix in hotel rums and upload on FB

hmm
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Ninapha(f): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
RIP, RIP, pple dey finish for 9ja. Na wah. Who will save us from all these unnecessary and suden 'RIP' jagon!
May you killers find no peace!
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Nastyclown: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
I went to the same high school with Cynthia, didn't know her too well but she was decent and from a respectable family.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
truely: Its just so unfortunate for her to fall victim to somthing like this..... I am surprise at some peoples comments...its just a normal thing for to want to meet up with a guy in lagos since she usually come to lagos for her business... dose it now mean she is a sex.... as some people are presuming.... most do compel ladies to do the first visit even in the same state not to talk of other states.... my happiness is that the guys have been cut..... may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace....

At least her death saved lots of lives. If not these ritualists would have continued their slaughter.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by vannypwetty: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
boyendowed: We always see girls travelling hundreds of kilometers to meet up with guys they met online.I pray this wasn't the case here
anoda report I read said d guys dat killed her were are facebook frnd nt biz partners or wateva her main intention was to do biz in lag bt agreed to see her fb frnds dat lives in lagos. http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/08/21/rip-cynthia-young-nigerian-women-cynthia-udoka-osokogu-murdered-by-facebook-friends-in-lagos/.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Digriz(m): 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nasty-clown:
I went to the same high school with Cynthia, didn't know her too well but she was decent and from a respectable family.
that may b then my dear.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Next2Bezee(m): 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
R.I.P to the deceased girl and condolences to her family. I live in Festac and its hard to imagine something like that happening here, You'll never know people.
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Ivynwa(f): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2012
apache77: MAy her soul in peace.
That siad tho, this shd be a lesson for all these young girls.but do they ever listen? In life there are always scapegoats and cynthia was one.
She was prolly a runz girl,somene paid for her flight she went to meet him ina hotel room,for which he also paid for.it was no legitimate biznes she went for,just d quest for dubai shopping,blackberry porsche, living a life of indulgence all paid for by men.
-----------
Imeediately I saw her broadcast on bb last week, I just knew.she don fall victim. I understand all diz Runz girls very well and dia mentality,and wen I say Runz girls, I mean almost 70% of the young unmarried female population.
I was talking to one the other day and she had this to say; 'Guy, any girl wey don comot her mama house enter street to find money na winsh.she don see things.even if she dey 15yrs old,no b small girl again.she don see.

Cynthia too been don see,unfortunately, she never lived to tell us what she had seen.

Young girls be cAreful

In the bolded part of your post above, you painted yourself as a myopic person with some limiting mentality about how far the girl child can dream or spread her wings and fly to the best of her potential.

If this girl is your sister, will you come online and call her a runs girl?
She is somebody's sister and daughter dearie. You can't even give it up to a 24 year young girl that is up and about running her business and carrying her shoulder high. A girl that has left her parents to struggle and make a life for herself is now a runs girl. If she stays strapped to her parent's apron, tomorrow somebody with the kind of mentality some are exhibiting here will come and marry her and enslave her because she is woman that must never work hard and succeed in life. WTFr*ak!
Re: Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary by Ivynwa(f): 12:51am On Aug 22, 2012
berem: Hmmm! Very sad indeed.what a beauty! RIP babe.this is a lesson we must all learn embarassed

Yeah, that girl is Beautiful. Why on earth did they kill her? Huh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Drug Manufacturers Arrested By Police In Lagos, Materials Recovered (Photos / Man Arrested In Ogun For Raping His 13-Year-Old Sister-In-Law / I Killed Sick Man To Free Him From Pains, Used Body Parts For Rituals — Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.