Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Square Records Drops May-D From Label - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Square Records Drops May-D From Label (21424 Views)

Square Records Unveils New Artiste - Muno / We Didn’t Sack May D, We Let Him Go – Square Records / May D Of Square Records Drops New Single, Ile Ijo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Henrick007: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2012
psquare is a family business as u can see their bro engees did not shot may d videos frm sound track to ile ijo.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by sweetcocoa(f): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: Go and learn your spelling, lexis and structure.
Duh! I too sabi when you obviously no sabi anything,mstcheew.

Any sensible person who knows how its done here, understands what Ranosky wrote and knows its on purpose,agbaya like youtongue

2 Likes

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by koolJ1(f): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Apart from his outing in 'chop my money', everyother thing he's done is W-A-C-K! Good they dropped him
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Jadela(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
But why? I was just crediting Square Records crew for signing an outsider, not knowing that it won't even last. Why are they just eccentric? The wealth only circulates in the family, no external beneficiaries. Na wa o. May D, I know u'll go places with ur voice. I wish u all the best

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Ugosample(m): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
I don't think so! He's a good artiste to me #Justsaying...
kool J: Apart from his outing in 'chop my money', everyother thing he's done is W-A-C-K! Good they dropped him
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Hobbynarh: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
no mind am jahree
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by basher(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
I know say May D spirit no go rest until him join db records.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
tellwisdom: I'm yet to know who these people are..pricck square and may doom.

grin grin grin
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Lordave: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
sweetcocoa: Duh! I too sabi when you obviously no sabi anything,mstcheew.

Any sensible person who knows how its done here, understands what Ranosky wrote and knows its on purpose,agbaya like youtongue
hahahahahaha....Chei! ITK NO GOOD @times
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Lordave: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
sweetcocoa: Duh! I too sabi when you obviously no sabi anything,mstcheew.

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by inspbado(m): 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Another label is gonna snap him up fast!!! I've been following the guy's works since he sang the hook on SDC's "touch my body",I think the boy has got the ish factor to make it in the 9ja music scene
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by ACM10: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
Jadela: But why? I was just crediting Square Records crew for signing an outsider, not knowing that it won't even last. Why are they just eccentric? The wealth only circulates in the family, no external beneficiaries. Na wa o. May D, I know u'll go places with ur voice. I wish u all the best

You are mad! What is wrong with wealth circulating in the family? That your talentless May D should be grateful to Square Records for providing him with the springboard to stardom. We shall wait to see his success as a solo artist.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by abbey37(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
kool J: Apart from his outing in 'chop my money', everyother thing he's done is W-A-C-K! Good they dropped him

Aboki!!! If not for May D's contributions to psquare last album it wouldn't av made much success cause lot pple confess to like his contribution.

The truth is Psquare can't just work with non-member of there family,They never knew May D could be a huge success he his now,they only want it to revolve there family
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by bittyend(m): 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2012

The guy made 'chop my money', and he had the best verse on that track..

Soundtrack has to be one of the greatest afrobeat tunes to ever come out of naija, and ile ijo is alright.

You're just a jobless hater with no damn talent. Fvck off!!

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by LesbianBoy(m): 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Henrick007: psquare is a family business as u can see their bro engees did not shot may d videos frm sound track to ile ijo.
shocked WTF!! *faints*

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by bittyend(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
Basically, I think they don't want the guy to outdo them, and he's more talented than the both of them, anyway.

I always knew he won't be there for too long, and what the heck was he doing in a family business, anyway? He was like an intruder, and the chemistry wasn't really there in the first place.

May-D is definitely going to be successful, the guy is super talented! cool
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
One man's thrash is another man's treasure.
May-D is good and gifted dude . I see him going places even without being on the label of Square Records.
I wish him all the best.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by fankasibe: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
I just heard dat MayD used the toilet without flushing and dis got d twins angry.

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by ACM10: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
ACM10:

You are mad! What is wrong with wealth circulating in the family? That your talentless May D should be grateful to Square Records for providing him with the springboard to stardom. We shall wait to see his success as a solo artist.

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ԑ и̣̣̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ even concern M̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣ Ş̲̣̥
ε̲̣̣̣̥
ƒ.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2012

Not true, mayD and tiwa really did a good job on the "do as I do" song.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by MrGlobe(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Inasmuch as am not a fan of Nigerian music but soundtrack by mayD has one of the greatest beat by any Nigerian music ever!!!!!!!!! however I think ethnic differences might have something to do with his dropping. Maybe he didn't show enough loyalty to his masters
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
From the little I know abt the music biz, Mayd must have done something major for them to drop him. Because square record makes money from him, the more sucessful he becomes the more money they get.square records must have also paid for his videos too, cos that is what is in a standard contract. People that are saying sharing formula are wrong because the sharing formula is always stated in the contract with majority of what the artiste makes going to the record label. So the most logical argument is mayd leaking alingo.

3 Likes

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by ibrobell(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Eeya
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Generalpipe1: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
NA U KNOW PASS. English proff. ITK
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by debosky(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Does this mean May D won't be performing in London with P-Square this coming weekend? Dem London girls go vex oh! grin
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Chanchit: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
ACM10:

U are the crazy one here, first of all, he's a solo artist, he has two hits out already, he's also a good dancer, i love watching that Ile Ijo video and with what i've seen D'banj or M'records won't mind signing him on, cos i knw he has what it takes to make it in Nigeria's music industry, addinmean its artists like Essence or ksb u can say all d rubbish u jst said...

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by koolkamzzy(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
bittyend: Basically, I think they don't want the guy to outdo them, and he's more talented than the both of them, anyway.

I always knew he won't be there for too long, and what the heck was he doing in a family business, anyway? He was like an intruder, and the chemistry wasn't really there in the first place.

May-D is definitely going to be successful, the guy is super talented! cool

I quite agree with you. I even heard he wrote the "CHOP MY MONEY" track. All he needed was a platform to get to fameland and they (square record) have helped him to gain the needed publicity. I know he will do well as a solo Artiste. Best of luck to him
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Valto(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Inasmuch as am not a fan of Nigerian music but soundtrack by mayD has one of the greatest beat by any Nigerian music ever!!!!!!!!! however I think ethnic differences might have something to do with his dropping. Maybe he didn't show enough loyalty to his masters
that might true... anyway good luck to him
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by odizzy: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
sweetcocoa: I really hate it when people say "due to irreconcilable differences"

Tell us wetin happen instead of using grammar to cover the talk, english is a very nonsense language, mstcheww. angry
initially it was a recordin deal btw square records n may d, wen it was time 2 be signed officially 2 square records, may D came up wit a demand dat p2 wasnt ok wit, den dey decided 2 part ways
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by odizzy: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
sweetcocoa: I really hate it when people say "due to irreconcilable differences"

Tell us wetin happen instead of using grammar to cover the talk, english is a very nonsense language, mstcheww. angry
initially it was a recordin deal btw square records n may d, wen it was time 2 be signed officially 2 square records, may D came up wit a demand dat p2 wasnt ok wit, den dey decided 2 part ways, go 2 notjustok n read abt it
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by queensmith: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
is mayd the tungba gba singer? Aww- the guy is very promising I hope this story isnt true.

but jesu kristi the guy is worwor, kilode! can we not have at least one fine yoruba artist, just one is all i ask one! one! oneeeeeee! ah ah!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Music Album: Download I Used To Know Her: The Prelude – EP Alnum - H.E.R. / Top Most Listened Radio Station In Ibadan / Top Five Hottest Dance Styles In Nigerian Music Industry 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.