Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Square Records Drops May-D From Label - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Square Records Drops May-D From Label (21425 Views)

Square Records Unveils New Artiste - Muno / We Didn’t Sack May D, We Let Him Go – Square Records / May D Of Square Records Drops New Single, Ile Ijo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 22, 2012
4chi:
Shut the fk up! You dwarf. For your information yorubas made your yeye brothers p square or whatever the call themselves. It was bayo odusami (DJ Hawie T)who brought them to Lagos , clothed, fed and housed them in ilupeju with the intention of signing them on his label. Guess what? As soon as they were good to go they sent for their elder brother who apparently was jobless to come and manage them leaving bayo with nothing to show.I no blame them, I blame Bayo who foolishly thought he can work out an honest deal with an igboman.

Man is called Business..No wonder Yoruba people cant do clean business. My guy in business there is no friends
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 22, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: It is now Igbo vs Yoruba thing

Get this

Ibo songs has always remain in the east
If Psquare and Timaya didn't move to Yorubaland they will still remain local.

Yoruba land help secure brigther future for you Ibos.

If they do too much we banish them and the future will be over in a month.

Fellow Ibo man no dey buy cd,na to copy dem know.

Ajuwonlo Ijakadi Ko
Egbe isu ko niyan

Are you serious? Seems you are a kid well sha let me ask you igbos and yourobas who can chaste each other out of Lagos?
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:26am On Aug 22, 2012
gboss4sure:

Are you serious? Seems you are a kid well sha let me ask you igbos and yourobas who can chaste each other out of Lagos?

Who be this one?
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by ossaii(m): 3:46am On Aug 22, 2012
May-d did not attend their late mother's burial.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by ossaii(m): 3:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Not a single musician attended the burial most especially may d and I think that's where it all started.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by chino11(m): 6:27am On Aug 22, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: It is now Igbo vs Yoruba thing

Get this

Ibo songs has always remain in the east
If Psquare and Timaya didn't move to Yorubaland they will still remain local.

Yoruba land help secure brigther future for you Ibos.

If they do too much we banish them and the future will be over in a month.

Fellow Ibo man no dey buy cd,na to copy dem know.

Ajuwonlo Ijakadi Ko
Egbe isu ko niyan

Shut up, which yorubaland? So why didnt you ediots excel since yorubaland is synonymous with success? My friend get it right Igbos excel wherever they go because they are hardworking people just like the Jews. Infact we have more Igbo Millionnaires in the East that else, go to Onitsha and confirm what telling you.
Yorubas has continue to do boi boi for their Igbo masters no be today. We house them, feed them employ them even in their own backward region. Beside lagos particularly is not yorubaland, deal with the bitter truth boi.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by chino11(m): 6:35am On Aug 22, 2012
ossaii: Not a single musician attended the burial most especially may d and I think that's where it all started.25edc8b8

This is the picture of Peter of Obi governor of Anambra state at the burial. It was a high profile burial, they needn't musicians and huge fans of Psquare to flood the place.

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by chino11(m): 6:47am On Aug 22, 2012
veraponpo: When the Ibos want to hear the history of their geneology,they would always say rubish to the most advanced and sophisticated tribe in Nigeria. Who among the Ibos is more handsome than Wizkid,Lkt,D'banj even Femi Kuti when he was younger? In the history of showbiz in Nigeria and even every good area u see us first- Film industry hubert Ogunde started it, to Adelove etc. Music Fela is the Legend, Femi Kuti has 3 grammy nominations aready, King Sunday is the first grammy nominee,Asa is connquering Europe and America, Sade has numerous Grammy and MTV awards already,D'banj is coming up. Pls compare yourself with Hausas and not the blessed Yoruba pple. The fact that we dont boast does not equate us with u.Idiot.

All the bunch of yuoroba juju musicians you mentioned cannot even equal Timaya or Nigger Raw, not to talk of the African giant Psquare. Psquare can afford to employ and pay salary of all those quacked and hacked yorooba musicians. Thats the truth bro
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by chino11(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2012
Here is the full gist, yoroobas are parasites, they do not contribute anything,the same way they run down Nigeria without nothing to give back.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/97213-psquare-announce-split-with-mayd.html

Psquare and MayD path ways and ‘friends’ think MayD was not economically viable to the record label.

Christabel Abiodun

After a well publicized ‘musical union’ that barely lasted a year, Square Records - Psquare’s label, have announced a separation from their first sign-up, MayD.

The separation was announced Tuesday by the label’s boss, Jude Okoye, in a terse statement that blamed “irreconcilable differences” with MayD, real names Akinmayokun Awodumila.

“I, Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye of Square Records Limited and Northside Entertainment Limited hereby announces to the general public that Mr. Akinmayokun Awodumila, otherwise known as MAY D is no longer an artiste under the aforementioned outfits due to irreconcilable differences,”

The Genesis

The announcement comes as a rude shock especially since MayD appeared to be enjoying the privileges and opportunities that accrue to being signed on to the label. At various times, the lanky singer has been sighted driving the Hummer SUVs, owned by Psquare and frolicking with the twin pop stars all around the world.

The University of Lagos Mass Communication graduate, also featured on two singles in Psquare’s fifth album Invasion. He was also very prominent in Chop My Money track which had a remix and video featuring American super star, Akon.

Recently, the label also shot two videos for him – Soundtrack and Ile Ijo - which were both directed by Clarence Peters.

Although earlier in the year, rumours of an imminent breakup were rife, both parties debunked the claims as mere speculations.

Close friends of the artiste say the contract may not have been as financially rewarding as earlier envisaged, as he was always broke.

Prior to his contract with Square Records, MayD has been an underground artiste and is best remembered for the hook on Kel’s Too Fine, Show Dem Camp‘s Farabale. He was also a rapper on Alaye’s Ice Cream Records.

“We at Northside and Square records wish him all the best in his career and life,” Jude said.

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by lordkrato(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2012
hardbody: Oh ok. Some news to occupy my time. Mtchewwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Sylverbox(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2012
MayD suppose don knw say na family biz nau. Anyways, I think he has great singing skills n dats Y they signed him on in d 1st place so he surely will float on his own!

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by veraponpo(m): 9:30am On Aug 22, 2012
chino11:

All the bunch of yuoroba juju musicians you mentioned cannot even equal Timaya or Nigger Raw, not to talk of the African giant Psquare. Psquare can afford to employ and pay salary of all those quacked and hacked yorooba musicians. Thats the truth bro

I can vividly see that you are a small boy. You dont know when a business person is trying to package himself and when he is established.
Who is P square? You mean because they are trying to brand themselves as an established singers which is apparently fake you have believed they are rich truly> I wil give you a short analysis.

In 2009, P Square were still renting houses in Lagos until they were sent out of that house they never had a plot of land, agreed? But you gullible Ibos would always believe they had money in those days. Now because they have deceived you that they have a private jet, you have sheepishly believed too. Until some body will come out to say they have owed him 2 yrs lease of that jet, then you will no that dodo and ipekre na same, only because of packaging.

How many shows have they attended this yr, home many tours have they had? That was what Don Jazzy was doing until there was a quarel and we knew it was actually D'banj that housed Don J. You people are children. When People like Tuface, Femi Kuti, Asa, Nnneka are not talking then you are talking about PSquare. You have to learn better. CNN does not even recognize them in the 2011 rating among the 1st 10 in africa. In the shows and concerts they were far behind Femi Kuti,Tuface, Asa, Nneka, etc
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by touchmehard: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2012
Can somebody please define " irreconcilable differences" for me. Is it a name of a person, animal, place or thing?
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Uchbebe46(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2012
cashcpt: grin grin grin

grin
cashcpt: grin grin grin

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by cooltony: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2012
May D rocks...his 1 smal head is beta dan psquare headz..ride on sure boi
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by oneeast: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2012
veraponpo:

I can vividly see that you are a small boy. You dont know when a business person is trying to package himself and when he is established.
Who is P square? You mean because they are trying to brand themselves as an established singers which is apparently fake you have believed they are rich truly> I wil give you a short analysis.

In 2009, P Square were still renting houses in Lagos until they were sent out of that house they never had a plot of land, agreed? But you gullible Ibos would always believe they had money in those days. Now because they have deceived you that they have a private jet, you have sheepishly believed too. Until some body will come out to say they have owed him 2 yrs lease of that jet, then you will no that dodo and ipekre na same, only because of packaging.

How many shows have they attended this yr, home many tours have they had? That was what Don Jazzy was doing until there was a quarel and we knew it was actually D'banj that housed Don J. You people are children. When People like Tuface, Femi Kuti, Asa, Nnneka are not talking then you are talking about PSquare. You have to learn better. CNN does not even recognize them in the 2011 rating among the 1st 10 in africa. In the shows and concerts they were far behind Femi Kuti,Tuface, Asa, Nneka, etc

You are typing trash. Who be CNN? Have they suddenly become the Rating International? The guys were already rich enough to own their own property even when they were in a rented apartment. You can hate all you can, but the fact remains that all the Yoruba musicians cannot equal one PSQUARE. They are the only African mega singer that owns their personal private jet. You are the 15years old boi here, get a life boi. As far as Africa is concern PSQURAE are presently NO.1, go figure it out. Go back to your google if you don't have the economic capacity to move around the globe to see things for yourself. Psquare moves more crowd around the world than all the Yoruba musicians put together. Go find out boi
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2012
I'm Igbo but I find all dis tribal bashes quite pitiful.
However, on the topic, I feel d plain 'dismissal' of May D from the record is unprofessional. I really liked dat guy; I still remember backwarding the "Chop my money" song jst to keep hearing his hook. But it is not surprising; a business owned by 3 brothers with 2 being twins? One can't xpect less.
I wish May D luck and if he strive hard enough, he will make it on his own and the "Okoye group of enterprises" would see too!
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by PaulMozez(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
mikuz:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/21/may-d-p-square-split-irreconcilable-differences/

men c f**k up 4 mayd side ooo but anywayz i wish him d best of luck sha....
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by pingo(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
May D good Lord guide him! Poko
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by truelovecom: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
veraponpo:

please dont be foolish. 2face ,
and those bunch of talentess and poor musicians u mentioned cant even afford a ferrari, let alone buying a private jet. you mentioned nneka, but nneka is not yoruba , she is ibo. the fact that don jazzy lived in d banj house,doesnt mean that don jazzy doesnt have enough cash to buy a house. lets talk of Lemar obika(uk r&b singer and grammy award winner). Lemar obika is an ibo man.how many yoruba musicians can u compare with lemar obika and psquare, in terms of money and fame.

1 Like

Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Guess May D has had enough of the Free Flights to the States grin grin
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by marianazme(f): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
im sure ur all grown ass men and women, dunno why ur here talking like stupid children. This is the reason why nigeria is the way it is today, everyone is divided, from a simple topic to a tribal war. No one is perfect so stop judgin, only God knows what you would have done if you were in their shoes n u dont even noe the whole story. You ppl nid to relax
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by marianazme(f): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
i meant grown a*s men n women bt I guess this is what NL does
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by Flakeey(f): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
General pipe: NA U KNOW PASS. English proff. ITK

no mind am, na English teacher he be
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by lawizle(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
strangest: Heard he leaked Alingo, not sure though

U̶̲̥̅̊ got a point dere, cos d song wack gaan.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by lawizle(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
basher: I know say May D spirit no go rest until him join db records.

How yu take know? U̶̲̥̅̊ may be ryt, but definitely wrong.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by crislyn(f): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
sweetcocoa: I really hate it when people say "due to irreconcilable differences"

Tell us wetin happen instead of using grammar to cover the talk, english is a very nonsense language, mstcheww. angry
Lwkmd
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by shawn5ng(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
From reliable source May D and Jude are not in good terms and his demand is that square record shld buy him house in a choice location, give him a brand new car and record his album but he was asked to chill but never wants to listen and he was shown d way out.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by adelagoon(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Jude Engees Okoye is someone I have never met, but I believe will be a very useless person who rides on the fame of his brothers. If truely he knows how to direct music Videos, why hasn't he atleast shot a video for other Nigerian Musician? All he does is Get some Southy or Yankee directors do the d Job and he takes d glory eventualy! U guys can love to sack whoever...d only thing I liked is dat u wished him well..peace undecided
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by lawizle(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
ObiomaA: Nice move p square..yoruba people r very greedy and diabolical,,the boy might have taken their luck if they didn't act fast

Just wanted τ̅☺ laugh @ppls comment, but am forced τ̅☺ comment on ur primitive thought pattern.
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by JohnnyDreams: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
CastleandGreen: wen una bin dey chop moni una no call d public
now wahala don burst una dey call us, make una
respect una sef.

exactly.....
Re: Square Records Drops May-D From Label by reportnaija(m): 12:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Lordave: Heard he stole a N500 note Jude left in the studio.
Maybe him no go their mama burial ceremony

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Music Album: Download I Used To Know Her: The Prelude – EP Alnum - H.E.R. / Top Most Listened Radio Station In Ibadan / Top Five Hottest Dance Styles In Nigerian Music Industry 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.