Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Hating My Job. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hating My Job. (10368 Views)

My Job Interview Experience Today / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. / Help Needed, I Just Lost My Job Recently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hating My Job. by Sijo01(f): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2012
I don't know what went wrong; i don't enjoy my job anymore. Waking up every morning with the thought of going to the office gives me migraine, i am always reluctant in discharging my duties (though i do it but not as fast as before), not willing to help my colleagues anymore, cant even stand/tolerate their attitudes.

The only option on my mind now is to resign my appointment, but the fear of going back to the labour market is the beginning of wisdom.

Please, has anybody been on my shoe before? How did you overcome the situation?

Fellow employee, your advise/counsel will be highly appreciated.

Please, be free to put any question across.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by MMM2(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2012
Sijo01

Don't worry everything will be all right when u resign. wink

Just quit ur job, I will employ u & give u a better job in my bedroom undecided

5 Likes

Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2012
What do you do?

Don't ever quit a job, unless you've another one to wake up to. Why don't you start looking for another? But don't quit.

Why is resigning the only option? What don't your like about your current job? How can you change it/them?

BUT if you feel you really have to resign, then by all means do what you have to do. Your sanity is much more important than any job.
I assume if you're thinking about resigning you've enough savings to hold you down for a while, until you find another.

4 Likes

Re: Hating My Job. by obowunmi(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2012
Change your mindset and attitude about your job.

Take on more challenging roles. Also, what is going on in your personal life, making you tired or bored. Change comes when you are honest with yoself.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by sweetcocoa(f): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2012
shocked Ah Sijo mama,you want to stop my scholarship ni?please o i still enjoy the weekend nkwobi choping on your head,abeg don't kill my mojo sad.

Bet y do you hate the job really?i guess something must have happened, it would help people give more reasonable advice if you throw more light.

Abi your boss wan nyash you ni you no gree, him come reduce your salary?tongue
Re: Hating My Job. by Sijo01(f): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2012
M M M: Sijo01

Don't worry everything will be all right when u resign. wink

Just quit ur job, I will employ u & give u a better job in my bedroom undecided

dont let me unlash my anger on you, boy!
Re: Hating My Job. by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2012
That's really bad. You just have to love your job. Hating one's job is counter-productive.
Re: Hating My Job. by obowunmi(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2012
Be specific:

What is it about the job that you don't like at this stage. Pls let us know.
Re: Hating My Job. by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2012
seeing this post on romance section makes me wonder the kind of job you do.

2 Likes

Re: Hating My Job. by MMM2(m): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2012
Sijo01:

dont let me unlash my anger on you, boy!

Pls unleash d dragon baby :-/
Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
sexkillz move this thrash to its bin .
Or are you tired of impressing Mr.seun ?
Re: Hating My Job. by Sijo01(f): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Yield: What do you do?

I head the secretariat section of d coy.

Yield: Why don't you start looking for another? But don't quit.

Hmmmm, easier said than done.. ok i wont quit.

Yield:
Why is resigning the only option?

just tired, lost the joy of doing the job

Yield: What don't your like about your current job? How can you change it/them?

hate the rush (sometimes), hate the fact that after training a new staff, they transferred him/her living me to start all over again, hate the over confidence they have towards me, hate the fact that they call my phone on not sighting me on my seat. infact, the list is endless....... how can i change it/them....... which i can.
Re: Hating My Job. by Sijo01(f): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
sweetcocoa: shocked Ah Sijo mama,you want to stop my scholarship ni?please o i still enjoy the weekend nkwobi choping on your head,abeg don't kill my mojo sad.

Bet y do you hate the job really?i guess something must have happened, it would help people give more reasonable advice if you throw more light.

Abi your boss wan nyash you ni you no gree, him come reduce your salary?tongue

Babe, u nor well o......well some of the reasons are above.
Re: Hating My Job. by tpapi: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sijo01: I dont know what went wrong; i dont enjoy my job anymore. Wakeing up every morning with the thought of going to the office gives me migraine, i am always reluctant in discharging my duties (though i do it but not as fast as before), not willing to help my colleagues anymore, cant even stand/tolerate their attitudes.

The only option on my mind now is to resign my appointment, but the fear of going back to the labour market is the beginning of wisdom.

Thanks.
r u married n do u av kids
Re: Hating My Job. by Sijo01(f): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
tpapi: r u married n do u av kids

non of d abov, sir/ma.
Re: Hating My Job. by Willzkid(m): 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
I can relate with you otemwen
the fact is against popular belief, job satisfaction is least affected by monetary considerations..at least research suggests that..
you might not be gaining fulfilment in your present job, especially if it does not fit into your career goals..
You could try getting more certifications and making the best use of your spare time..D'eke n'u ye vbe edo?
Re: Hating My Job. by slimming: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Quiting may be an option.
Re: Hating My Job. by Acidosis(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Its your mindset ma. . .Try and change it.
Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
The excuses you mentioned above are too flimsy, I'll suggest you read more books on human relation charisma and if it fails then, try the option of transfer either intra/inter to another branch. I'm forced to think that your motive of applying for the job in the 1st place is not for centered around the passion rather, for the things you stand to gain, non-the-less, if there's any form of competition between you and your co-workers, I'd advise you shun it and just discharge your duties. My two cents.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by SpaceAngel: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
You r not alone!! Try and setup something by the side and see if it will sustain you if you resign else don't reign. If you still get another job, after sometime you will still get bored especially if you are doing same thing over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sijo01: I don't know what went wrong; i don't enjoy my job anymore. Waking up every morning with the thought of going to the office gives me migraine, i am always reluctant in discharging my duties (though i do it but not as fast as before), not willing to help my colleagues anymore, cant even stand/tolerate their attitudes.

Thanks.
women always lament about their jobs, when i was still taking a bus from island to the mainland...i had the misfortune of always listening to ladies ranting about their bosses...all the way from the island to abule egba in the traffic...it was quite depressing, all those hours...i didnt envy their husbands or boyfriends...go to park n shop adeola odeku, those mall attendants always complain, complain...as in...its endless really
Re: Hating My Job. by bloggz: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
the 1st question should be how much is ur salarycos i know ppl working in LNG without job satisfaction and they make millions yearly. :othe 1st question should be how much is ur salarycos i know ppl working in LNG without job satisfaction and they make millions yearly.
Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2012

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Hating My Job. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nothing like CEO

Do your own thing,you will get the peace you wanted.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
sanb: what exactly is it that you don't like in your current role please tell us. I once found myself in the same problem once but what helped me was to gain extra qualifications and that helped me to while away the time. eventually it was too much for me and i did resign and was out of work for 8 months but i had enough savings to carry me through before i got another job that am currently enjoying now. even if i were out of work for 2 years it still would have been okay. my advice to you would be if you don't have enough savings to carry you through until you get another job then DON'T TRY IT instead look for another job now whilst you are still employed at least you can still pay your bills and don't forget, JOBS ARE HARD TO FIND.
you can also watch the movie...horrible bosses...though american...good for laughs
Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
only perfect job may well be earning more than you really need
Re: Hating My Job. by AmakaO1: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
I had a similar problem. To add pepper to d wound I'm married wit little kids. I liv home b4 they wake up in d morning & get back wen they αяє asleep due to d hrs of d job plus Lagos traffic. On top ♍Ɣ boss is a 52 year old spinster wit no kids. When i took in for ♍Ɣ 3rd issue, she started picking on me 4 no reason. The nx thing i did was to resign. I'm happy now, will look 4 a job wit reasonable time & distance or go into biz.

1 Like

Re: Hating My Job. by blank(f): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Same here. My job is very challenging, in fact, too challenging. The stress is what is killing me. Want a more laid back job with the same or higher pay. grin
Re: Hating My Job. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sijo01: I don't know what went wrong; i don't enjoy my job anymore. Waking up every morning with the thought of going to the office gives me migraine, i am always reluctant in discharging my duties (though i do it but not as fast as before), not willing to help my colleagues anymore, cant even stand/tolerate their attitudes.

Thanks.

About 30% of employed people are in your shoes so you are not alone. You do not love what you do and no amount of inspirational talk can change it. You need to first of all figure out what exactly you want to do with yourself. What drives you, what keeps you motivated. If you cannot answer that, you will be moving from one sad job to the next. So my first advice is find out exactly what you want to do and how you plan to achieve that.

Second and equally important is what is your current financial state. If you quit your job to pursue your dreams, a business or another job, can you sustain yourself financially and for how long? If you are ok financially, then you should not be in a dead-end job that you hate. My advice to you then is to quit the job and pursue your dreams. If you are not bouyant financially, then I'd advice you start looking for another job/ start planning a business while still keeping this job. You need to pay your bill my sister.

Lastly, if you believe in God, do pray for guidance and direction. But sit down, weigh your options and do what's best for you.

2 Likes

Re: Hating My Job. by aniffy4eva(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2012

Thanks.

Hi. I was in your shoes a few years ago. I HATED my job. Sad part was that it was ONE that people were willing to die for! It was with one of the "Big 4" accounting firms. I woke up one morning and decided it was time for me to resign. People thought they were following me from the village. grin Well. i resigned and took time to discover myself. I worked pro bono with a small firm focused on human capital development. I read books on self-discovery, financial freedom, wealth creation, multiple streams of income etc I changed my network of friends because you can never rise above the power of your network. i basically re-invented myself tongue

Today, i have a job that i enjoy doing (i could do for free) and pays me quite well cheesy , i have multiple streams of income and i'm basically living the life that was a mirage a few years ago. My questions are:
1) Where do you see yourself 5 years from today?
2) Are you willing to pay the price to get there?

Part of paying the price may be staying with your job while you develop other competencies OR stepping out and conquering your FEAR of the unknown.
Either way, AS you lay your bed........ so shall you lie on it.

You can send me a PM if there's a need to discuss personally. Otherwise, here is fine as well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent Job Opportunity At Jacobs High School, Ogun / Viewpoint Publication Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Job Interview Questions And Answers Series (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.