Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. (2128 Views)

Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? / Does Pregnancy Affects Job Appointment For Government Work? / Does Pregnancy Affects Job Appointment For Government Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by abiodunni: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Between government work and private work which one do you prefer.
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by Freiburger(m): 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
none of the above, i wish i can can employ myself, but i'm working towards that right now.
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by sweetjummie(f): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Well I believe it all depends on the situation and circumstance u find yourself, because jobs are not that easy to come by so most people settle for any job they get.

But from my own perspertive, it's better to start form the private sector, then move on later to the public sector to retire because most public sector jobs have job security and It's not as stressfull as working in the private sector.

I did my nysc is a federal Govt parastatal, and I can tell u that I didn't learn anything throughout the whole year, I was more or else like an errand girl, all I did was just to move around with files from one office to another and buy recharge card for my boss whenever he needs it, to say that I was so jobless in the agency is an understatement.

Even the staffs too that work with the agency were as equally jobless and lazy as the corpers too, all they do from morning till evening is gist and read newspaper, then plan our they can go for internationla or local training, because of the allowances attached to trainning.

3 Likes

Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by ishmael(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
Freiburger: none of the above, i wish i can can employ myself, but i'm working towards that right now.
What if u're offered a job as a truck driver in Dangote's company with a salary of N100,000 per month? Won't u accept the offer?
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by Freiburger(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
ishmael: What if u're offered a job as a truck driver in Dangote's company with a salary of N100,000 per month? Won't u accept the offer?
N100,000 a month cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by ishmael(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Freiburger:
N100,000 a month cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes bro.
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by duality(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
ishmael: What if u're offered a job as a truck driver in Dangote's company with a salary of N100,000 per month? Won't u accept the offer?

Una don start again? ok, show me the payslip of a dangote truck driver first.

one thing people forget is that, any industry paying unsustainable wages is a time bomb waiting to explode.

if you work in an organization because they pay cleaners and drivers 1.2 million per an um, when profit diminishes you'll be fired; coz labour, especially unskilled labour is cheap. people need to be wise.

I'd rather do a highly skilled job for less. if you gat offers i'm available sha...

1 Like

Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by AjanleKoko: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
duality:

one thing people forget is that, any industry paying unsustainable wages is a time bomb waiting to explode.

if you work in an organization because they pay cleaners and drivers 1.2 million per an um, when profit diminishes you'll be fired; coz labour, especially unskilled labour is cheap. people need to be wise.

I'd rather do a highly skilled job for less. if you gat offers i'm available sha...

You are quite smart, judging by that remark you made.
You should not be unemployed. It's a shame on our country that someone like you doesn't have a job.
I will be in touch soon. I believe you emailed me already.
Re: Between Government Work And Private Work Which One Do You Prefer. by ishmael(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
duality:

I love ur sense of reasoning. Some nairalanders with HND/Bsc/BEng/BA/BEd/BTech are already attending interviews with Dangote company for positions as graduate trainee truck drivers. I kicked against it but some were trying to make me see reasons why there is nothing wrong with graduates being employed to drive trucks by Dangote. Some even asked me to provide a better and skilled job for them if it's easy.

(1) (Reply)

Graduates Deficiency In Writing Or Expressing Themselves In English Language / Bank Or Mersk / Unbelievable! Oppurtunity To Make Good Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.