Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage (35517 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by mrperfect(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
Good to read this from a man of God like Adeboye.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
dplordx: My closest friend, an extremely financially lucky dude working as plant engineer in Guinness, every woman he seems to run into since the past 6 years, arent the choice of his pastor, until the pastor's daughter returned from London, only to become the "Choosen One" according to the "Holy Spirit".
Their wedding is this December and the guy has caught her cheating on him twice. When he told me, I just chuckled, and SMH. Hes definitely phucked if he ends up with that girl, or who knows, he might reform her. I just dont know why someone would live his life according to another man interpretation and whims.
God help all these young xtain and moslem couples sha. As for me, I pray, pray, pray and do my best to keep my eyes open. Like they say, whoever your wife is will determine 80% of your happiness or sorrow; so no one is gonna choose MY SOUL-MATE for me.

that pastor na very badt sharp guy
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
religion and christianity sef dey tire person oh. mama said she will know my husband when she sees him but i've been in love with ladies all these years. how that one go work? ehn grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by otokx(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
people give these pastors too much respect than they ought to as if the pastor no dey ka ka

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Tudor6(f): 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
When will daddy GOat Adeboye return his part of the loot Pastor Erastus Akingboola gave him to buy jet? Or he thinks we have forgotten? angry Shameless old thief pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
stagger: God removed his hand from matchmaking after Adam told him "it was the woman you gave to me that gave me of the fruit and I did eat".

Now it is a man's job to go around, look for a woman, toast her and marry her. Simple.
indeed. just as samson did and failed?
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
abeg i have seen my wife oh.. pastor please pray for me if na god choice grin
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Walexy10: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kokoye. Wats d beef?
kokoye: Most people leave their brains in the car park on their way to church. They know what is right but still they cant do it because they have turned their pastors into god.

Pastor Adeboye did not speak bible english here. He spoke with common sense..which God gave every single person on this earth.

As far as some are concerned, he was just whistling dixies - they will not do ANYTHING until their pastors tell them to.

We all have a direct channel to God thru our savior Jesus Christ. Not thru anyone or anything else.

Ignorance.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by kokoye(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^^

I aint beefing no one o. Just speeaking my mind. My opinion. You dont have to agree with it.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
ariyebaba: Do it yourself ( D.I.Y )
u think its easy? how can an unspiritually minded folk have a communication with God?
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by excellencies: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
God won't let his children to miss that aspect in life because it determines destiny.

Just trust him for the best.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Hilox15: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thank God 4 pastor, yong men be wise
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by OmoTier1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
See how people are rejoicing simply because they think what Rev Adeboye have said confirms what they have been doing secretly! The question is: Do you have the right standing with God to hear from Him so His Spirit can guide you in making the right choice? If not, then you are doomed in your choice and God has no hand in it!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Krest247: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by deleo16(m): 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Omo_Tier1: See how people are rejoicing simply because they think what Rev Adeboye have said confirms what they have been doing secretly! The question is: Do you have the right standing with God to hear from Him so His Spirit can guide you in making the right choice? If not, then you are doomed in your choice and God has no hand in it!
well said thats why people make the wrong choices in life not only in marriage it reminds me of the late kenneth hagin he ask God first before making any step God wants to guide you in all you do not some.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by EagleNest(m): 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
CrazyMan:

http://www.facebook.com/pastoradeboye/posts/10151194688928488

Very insightful and honest truth. Only three people are critical when it comes to marriage - the two people involved and God.
The role of Family and/or Pastor is to guide, counsel and support in line with the Word of God. Their counsel can be palatable or unpalatable, but the decision must ultimately come from the two people involved whether to marry or not.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by tpia5: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
when it comes to marriage, i dont believe common sense should take a back seat.

butterflies in your tummy do not substitute for common sense, imo.

if more people understood this, they wouldnt rely on extra-terrestrial sightings in order to choose a partner.

not knocking the role of spirituality or romance in relationships, but at the same time,dont be d.aft. Nothing in the bible supports that.

the most a pastor can do (a serious pastor that is), aside from praying, is to conduct discreet background checks on your "suitor/s", and even that isnt necessarily a pastor's job, but your family members, as it were.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by etchel(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
women of this generation. wanting to eat their cake and have it all. smiling.......
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Integrafamoo: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
anukulapo: In as much as this admonition is good,I find these statements(which I quoted below) so baseless but from ppl who (can be liken to) be bearers of rumors and false teachings.

Ignorant and baseless genearology from unbiblical sources who just say things to get undue attention. Prove your position scripturally.

Another display of misinterpretation of scripture.
He who finds a wife does not mean that the man was the one that (by his own choice) just took anyone (without God's consent) and married her. He who finds a wife means "he who has seen a wife"
Find means seen while seek means looking/searching for.
The man you're quoting,king solomon,also said that God still (from this scriptural indication) choose wife for men.Read prov 19:14.
apply common sense
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hmmm, today toay o, my friend went to one pastor's place in Akute with names of 3 guys, d pastor chose d guy that sleeps around with gals and has even bleeped 2 of her friends. He maintained and stood his ground that d guy is d best. One of d guy's on d list is one dat she has been dating 4 3yrs and d guy completed his 3bderm flat this year and is seriously planning to marry my friend by next year. But mehn Pastor has spoken o, my frind said she'll wait 4 d promiscous guy o who told her dat he still wants to "jaye ori e" even till d next 2yrs.....he won't be ready....SMH 4 my dear friend!
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Baraac(f): 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tudór6: When will daddy GOat Adeboye return his part of the loot Pastor Erastus Akingboola gave him to buy jet? Or he thinks we have forgotten? angry Shameless old thief pastor.

you must be very stupid.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by luluosas(m): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Glory be to God. May God bless Pastor Adeboye for revealing this wonderful truth.
I am grateful to God that, the time I was to marry, my pastor then though LATE now, only confirms my personal conviction about the leading of the Holy Spirit in my life, towards the woman I was to marry, who is today my wonderful WIFE.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by luluosas(m): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tudór6: When will daddy GOat Adeboye return his part of the loot Pastor Erastus Akingboola gave him to buy jet? Or he thinks we have forgotten? angry Shameless old thief pastor.
May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by bencobenz(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
pat077: That's why God says he who find a gud wife..... And not he who pastor finds a wife for.
He who finds a wife......not gud wife. Read ur bible well bro.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
pathetic that pple are actually misrepresenting baba just to soothe their lustful acts.

One thing papa said which is clear is that people must pay the price to hear from God.

what does paying the price mean? simple. the bible described God as a spirit and those that will worship him must do so in truth and in spirit.

how can a fornicator hear from God? How can an unrepentant sinner hear from God? look at it this way. u are dating someone and u are already having lustful $ex with each other and u now decide to enquire from God after sleeping with ur partner for months, how can u get clear and unambiguous signal from God? u are already disconnected from the source.

U are the pple papa is talking to, that needs to pay the price.

Before u have $ex with him or her, go seek the face of God, if not, u'll get unclear signal

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Ninapha(f): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2012

God please hv mercy. Help us in our weaknesses even when our tongues betray our reasoning. Amen
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by manugbo(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
THIS IS A REAL MAN OF GOD TALKING
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by otodeluxe(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Whatever! Its only ignorance that would make someone do such a thing
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 1:02am On Aug 22, 2012
Isn't this common sense? A lot o Nigerians have become candidates of Yaba left because a lot o them cannot use their brain to think properly. How on earth can someone allow a pastor to choose their spouse all in the name of "will of God". Your will is God's will.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by bliss750: 1:20am On Aug 22, 2012
marriage is a spiritual game and we nid spiritual tools to play it. believe me or not der is always a thing in each and everyone lives dat is bigger dan u. uncountable times counsel failed or is not what d person who want to counsel av ideas on they counsel, what if dey don't av d ideas sometimes and all of us can not been hearing from God so now what is d essence of prophets and pastor? So sometimes no matter ur prayer you still nid ppl dat seen more dan u spiritually to continue a journey in life, if not why did so call big pastor demsef still look for mentor to guide dem?
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by jawjaw1: 2:34am On Aug 22, 2012
tessyade: @op i read it in the open heaven yesterday and i was like 'how i wish our people will listen to this.' It's so sad that some people will marry someone they do not love just because their pastor told them to.

Really? Does dat really happen?
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by tpia5: 3:01am On Aug 22, 2012
pfii: Hmmm, today toay o, my friend went to one pastor's place in Akute with names of 3 guys, d pastor chose d guy that sleeps around with gals and has even bleeped 2 of her friends. He maintained and stood his ground that d guy is d best. One of d guy's on d list is one dat she has been dating 4 3yrs and d guy completed his 3bderm flat this year and is seriously planning to marry my friend by next year. But mehn Pastor has spoken o, my frind said she'll wait 4 d promiscous guy o who told her dat he still wants to "jaye ori e" even till d next 2yrs.....he won't be ready....SMH 4 my dear friend!

i think by "pastor' many of you mean "alufas" ie "ministers" (for want of a better word), not "pastors" per se.

I've often wondered about this issue of "alufas" who choose partners for people when asked. Oftentimes, i feel they conduct investigations into the couple's background, culture and history, and base their premises on their findings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.