Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. (4256 Views)

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Bible Says That Yahweh (jehovah) Is Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by MrAnony1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: In the exact same way you know what you claim to know, through his "Words" aka the bible. wink grin
That's interesting because I didn't come to know God through the bible. I started reading the bible after I had known God.

Anyway, if the bible you have been reading tells you that God is not omnipotent, then I am afraid, what you have been reading is not the bible.

1 Like

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
obadiah777: another angle http://bibleexplainer..co.uk/2011/07/can-you-comment-on-judges-119-bible.html

Bible explainers ,or bible translators?
Are bibles not translated into simple english so that everyone who can read and write english should be able to understand it?

If the bible is the verbatim word of god, then the explainers themselves must also devine or semi-devine humans.
If explaining the bible has is now a seprate discipline, then something is clearly not right with the bible.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
obadiah777: another angle http://bibleexplainer..co.uk/2011/07/can-you-comment-on-judges-119-bible.html

Are bibles not translated into simple english so that everyone who can read and write english should be able to understand it?

If the bible is the verbatim word of god, then the explainers themselves must also devine or semi-devine humans.
If explaining the bible has is now a seperate discipline, then something is clearly not right with the bible.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
plaetton:

If explaining the bible has is now a seperate discipline, then something is clearly not right with the bible.
obtuse way of thinking. i guess if a midget cant climb on a chair because he is too short, then something is wrong with the chair undecided
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
plaetton: We have all been made to believe that the bIblical god Yahweh was an omnipotent god upon whose power, the the ancient Isrealites destroyed al their enemies.
Well, sorry to burst your bubble. Not me, but this obscure biblical verse that is never ever read out in church shows that Yahweh is not as omnipotent as we have been intimidated to believe.

In this verse,it clearly states :

And the Lord was with Judah: and he slew and drove out the inhabitants of the mountains; but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron. . Judges 1:19

This is a very significant bombshell. It means that the lord was with Judah to drive out the weaklings of the mountain, but when confronted with superior firepower and iron chariots of the valley dwellers, the omnipotent power of the Lord could not prevail.

Any comments?

did the vas say that it was God that was hand fighting or it was the tribe of Judah that was doing the fighting?

But that the lord was with him/them that they will not be defeated, or that they will succeed in getting the land

If it was the lord himself that was doing the fighting with his own hand was it that the men body was iron that the lord that is a spirit person cannot kill them?

Or is it that there chariot was iron and that made them immortal that the lord that is a spirit can not see them or be able to kill them?

Did you think Yahweh just enjoys killing people?

I think that scripture is simply reporting honest history without adding or sugger coating it.

Meaning that the lord was with Judah, but that Judah for reasons best known to him decided not to confront them since their chariot is of iron chariot.

Was it that he went back to prepare his men for the challenge the scriptures did not say.

What if he had concluded that they are not of imediete threat?

DID you also see Vers 22 ? It also said that the lord was with them though another tribe?

Did you also see Vers 27 they did not also drive those inhabitant away.

That chapter is filled with the record of town that the other tribes did not drive out though the lord was with them, till Vers35.

The lord being with them was not a reference to individual but to the different tribes that made up the 12 tribes of israel.

maybe the lord being with them help them to identify the nations that will be of eminent threat.

Did you feel that Yahweh is unreasonable that he kills arbitrary?

Yaweh allows killing only when it is justified/ has reason and absolutely necessary even though some verses may not go into detail.

If not killing them will still Guarranties them the land in question why then take chances with the life of his men?

It was usually a confrontation with casualties on both sides.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by jayriginal: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I am not being crafty at all. I am just trying to get you to argue properly. God did not fail. That a person did not do something doesn't mean that he cannot do it.

You must distinguish between being unable to do something and refusing to do something.

What difference would "iron chariots" make to a god ?

Your explanation doesnt work yet. You need to tweak it a little more.

1 Like

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: Hahahaha! That is all angles covered, eh, anony. Give up and accept that your god is a nothing, a nobody pretending to be what he is NOT and will never be. Omnishege! cool

guy,
is this you?

If this was a weekend i would have concluded that you are browsing with some bottles.

However, what ever you are on pass it round naa! grin
Jenwitemi: Hahahaha! That is all angles covered, eh, anony. Give up and accept that your god is a nothing, a nobody pretending to be what he is NOT and will never be. Omnishege! cool

guy,
is this you?

If this was a weekend i would have concluded that you are browsing with some bottles.

However, what ever you are on pass it round naa!
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by ijawkid(m): 12:36am On Aug 23, 2012
cyrexx: this may come as a surprise to some people that nowhere did the bible say God is Omnipotent.Infact, not all Christians believe God is omnipotent. Surprisingly, the Bible explicitly says He isn't-- it says that God CANNOT (not just WILL NOT) lie. God having omnipotence is probably not an authentically Christian idea, it is mainly philosophical, even though many may be deceived about it.

it is human beings that describe him and give him such qualities.

other qualities humans give God that you cant find in the Bible includes the concepts of Trinity, Omniscience, Omnibenevolence and Uncreated Creator.

you cant find a specific chapter and verse for these qualities of Christian God.

Ur kinda correct ....

Also GOD cannot die....:-).

There are certain things that are impossible for GOD to do.........lieing and dying...............

Oboy have sent me d request??
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by MrAnony1(m): 1:25am On Aug 23, 2012
jayriginal:

You must distinguish between being unable to do something and refusing to do something.

What difference would "iron chariots" make to a god ?

Your explanation doesnt work yet. You need to tweak it a little more.
Too bad for you. If you really can't tell the difference between choice and ability, then I honestly can't help you.
Besides, I have not given any explanation. I have only pointed out that the conclusion he drew does not follow from the verse he quoted.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Saxophemsy: 1:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Just like saying God was with moses but moses dint enta d promised land, dat makes God at fault?...God was with judah but the dude did nt maximise God's presence...is dat hard to undastand. I give 2buckets to get water, ur strngth cud only cary one, am i at fault?
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 2:40am On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

did the vas say that it was God that was hand fighting or it was the tribe of Judah that was doing the fighting?

But that the lord was with him/them that they will not be defeated, or that they will succeed in getting the land

If it was the lord himself that was doing the fighting with his own hand was it that the men body was iron that the lord that is a spirit person cannot kill them?

Or is it that there chariot was iron and that made them immortal that the lord that is a spirit can not see them or be able to kill them?

Did you think Yahweh just enjoys killing people?

I think that scripture is simply reporting honest history without adding or sugger coating it.

Meaning that the lord was with Judah, but that Judah for reasons best known to him decided not to confront them since their chariot is of iron chariot.

Was it that he went back to prepare his men for the challenge the scriptures did not say.

What if he had concluded that they are not of imediete threat?

DID you also see Vers 22 ? It also said that the lord was with them though another tribe?

Did you also see Vers 27 they did not also drive those inhabitant away.

That chapter is filled with the record of town that the other tribes did not drive out though the lord was with them, till Vers35.

The lord being with them was not a reference to individual but to the different tribes that made up the 12 tribes of israel.

maybe the lord being with them help them to identify the nations that will be of eminent threat.

Did you feel that Yahweh is unreasonable that he kills arbitrary?

Yaweh allows killing only when it is justified/ has reason and absolutely necessary even though some verses may not go into detail.

If not killing them will still Guarranties them the land in question why then take chances with the life of his men?

It was usually a confrontation with casualties on both sides.

Do you really want me to answer your questions in bolded?
The answer is YES.
I could open an entire thread just to prove it to you.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by cyrexx: 5:24am On Aug 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur kinda correct ....

Also GOD cannot die....:-).

There are certain things that are impossible for GOD to do.........lieing and dying...............

Oboy have sent me d request??

yes, i sent it immediately i saw your email address. i'm the one waiting for your reply. Take care.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2012
It was the bible, alright. When a book chronicles the sheer wickedness of a deity, it is showing and telling you something significant about that deity. wink
Mr_Anony:
That's interesting because I didn't come to know God through the bible. I started reading the bible after I had known God.

Anyway, if the bible you have been reading tells you that God is not omnipotent, then I am afraid, what you have been reading is not the bible.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by MrAnony1(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: It was the bible, alright. When a book chronicles the sheer wickedness of a deity, it is showing and telling you something significant about that deity. wink
I fail to see how your comment is relevant to this thread. The thread is about God's omnipotence as relates to a particular verse.
If you have a problem with God's behaviour, vex and go and create your own universe.

2 Likes

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I fail to see how your comment is relevant to this thread. The thread is about God's omnipotence as relates to a particular verse.
If you have a problem with God's behaviour, vex and go and create your own universe.

My own bro, I feel you wella. I no know wetin dem de tear cloth for o lol grin grin
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

Do you really want me to answer your questions in bolded?
The answer is YES.
I could open an entire thread just to prove it to you.

the issue of Yaweh and is action is what people dont seems to understand.

People will expect Yahweh to explain to them every reason for what he did.

Consider the discussion between Abraham and Yahweh recorded in the book of GENESIS 18:22 to 33.
This is concerning Lot and the destruction of sodom and Gomorah. Pls read.

Lets say you are the president of a country will you be so humble to entertain so much questions from your slave on an issue you very well know you have all the facts and that your slave is on the wrong?

Just imagine that you are the universal sovereign, will you be so patient to xplain to Abraham befor taken action?

If it is obvious That such kind banter with Abraham was a west of time you think that the universal soverign should continually get into such explanations right?

How large then will the book the bible be?

The example we learn from Yahweh dealing in the past is there to give reason that he is a God of justice in whom there is no unrigtheousness.

The thing that escape people notice is the fact that satan has always been Around and ready to thwart the plans of Yahweh.

Satan has allways been on this to prevent the arrival of the seed(masaiah).

Up till the time that Jesus appeared on earth he still made effort to detail him.

The bible is not dedicated to the story of satan but to the plans of God but only discuss satan when it is absolutely necessary.

If satan was not always around why will the book of Revelation dwell on how satan will be removed?

That Yahweh that know how satan is trying to thwart his plans and takes proper measure and not taking chances you will called him to questioning.

Can a man be on the right while Yahweh is on the wrong?

May God forbid such.

Imagine the vessel calling the vessel maker foolish

Most actions in the bible is written with the ideal that one will learned from Yahweh past dealing and put trust in him.

If one that cannot even add a year to his few years on this earth but wish to duel on his persive fault on Yahweh when he does not have all the facts it is not an issue to Yahweh.

But he wish that people should have an humble heart to read inbetween the lines and where he does not understand he should know that it is this Yahweh that kickstarted all this at the first place all for the betterment of man.

If someone says he does not want, fine and well it is never compulsory, it is only meant to serve as a witness that is all.

The trick star here is satan that has ever hidden his true identity from man but not Yahweh, Yahweh knows him well and simply wants humans to trust him like an infant will trust his earthly father.

Come to look at it who had given Adam all the good?

He wants to put satan out of the way and restore us back to his earlier plans but satan wants to remain incharge of what he got by arm twisting Adam.

(I notice that you brought Elijah's issue up on another thread, same principle applies.) Yahweh cant explain
all the time like he did with Abraham about the part satan plays.

The bible is no fancy book doctored to meet your fancy.

When satan engineered that herod should kill all kids of two years to get the masaiah you wont see it but calls it a "fairytells"
(sheen your eyes)
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:

This is a good one. cheesy
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

the issue of Yaweh and is action is what people dont seems to understand.

People will expect Yahweh to explain to them every reason for what he did.

Consider the discussion between Abraham and Yahweh recorded in the book of GENESIS 18:22 to 33.
This is concerning Lot and the destruction of sodom and Gomorah. Pls read.

Lets say you are the president of a country will you be so humble to entertain so much questions from your slave on an issue you very well know you have all the facts and that your slave is on the wrong?

Just imagine that you are the universal sovereign, will you be so patient to xplain to Abraham befor taken action?

If it is obvious That such kind banter with Abraham was a west of time you think that the universal soverign should continually get into such explanations right?

How large then will the book the bible be?

The example we learn from Yahweh dealing in the past is there to give reason that he is a God of justice in whom there is no unrigtheousness.

The thing that escape people notice is the fact that satan has always been Around and ready to thwart the plans of Yahweh.

Satan has allways been on this to prevent the arrival of the seed(masaiah).

Up till the time that Jesus appeared on earth he still made effort to detail him.

The bible is not dedicated to the story of satan but to the plans of God but only discuss satan when it is absolutely necessary.

If satan was not always around why will the book of Revelation dwell on how satan will be removed?

That Yahweh that know how satan is trying to thwart his plans and takes proper measure and not taking chances you will called him to questioning.

Can a man be on the right while Yahweh is on the wrong?

May God forbid such.

Imagine the vessel calling the vessel maker foolish

Most actions in the bible is written with the ideal that one will learned from Yahweh past dealing and put trust in him.

If one that cannot even add a year to his few years on this earth but wish to duel on his persive fault on Yahweh when he does not have all the facts it is not an issue to Yahweh.

But he wish that people should have an humble heart to read inbetween the lines and where he does not understand he should know that it is this Yahweh that kickstarted all this at the first place all for the betterment of man.

If someone says he does not want, fine and well it is never compulsory, it is only meant to serve as a witness that is all.

The trick star here is satan that has ever hidden his true identity from man but not Yahweh, Yahweh knows him well and simply wants humans to trust him like an infant will trust his earthly father.

Come to look at it who had given Adam all the good?

He wants to put satan out of the way and restore us back to his earlier plans but satan wants to remain incharge of what he got by arm twisting Adam.

(I notice that you brought Elijah's issue up on another thread, same principle applies.) Yahweh cant explain
all the time like he did with Abraham about the part satan plays.

A whole lot of baloney
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

A whole lot of baloney

suite yourself.

IT is not compulsory.

When your satan got herod to kill all children of two years you considered it a "fairytells"

you cant even or knew who was behind it

the bible says that stan blinds people, so watch yourself 2corinths 4:4
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by mkmyers45(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
frosbel: Yet again my brothers will engage these God obsessed mockers and scoffers.

Take your antics to the islam section

thanks
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

suite yourself.

IT is not compulsory.

When your satan got herod to kill all children of two years you considered it a "fairytells"

This is no record of such a monumental event ever tooking place.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by mkmyers45(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

suite yourself.

IT is not compulsory.

Who's satan? from where did this satan come into the equation?
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

suite yourself.

IT is not compulsory.

Satan here, satan there, satan everywhere. lmao
Dont you ever think that it is just tooo convenient that satan is always there to take the blame for all our human failings?
Think about it.
Satan is always there as the fall guy for your god's inadequacies and inconsistencies.

Whenever the word "satan" comes into the picture, I just know the notion of god is running on exhaust fumes.

1 Like

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by mkmyers45(m): 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

Satan here, satan there, satan everywhere. lmao
Dont you ever think that it is just tooo convenient that satan is always there to take the blame for all our human failings?
Think about it.
Satan is always there as the fall guy for your god's inadequacies and inconsistencies.

Whenever the word "satan" comes into the picture, I just know the notion of god is running on exhaust fumes.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I am not being crafty at all. I am just trying to get you to argue properly. God did not fail. That a person did not do something doesn't mean that he cannot do it.
God was always with the isrealites in victory and in punishing them. So he didnt fail in both aspects. This means the isrealites didnt need his consent to be with them all the time, he was with them even against their will and when they didnt even want him. Coz you would ask why didnt God just leave them when they followed other gods?. Please reason with commonsense. Judah's victory or punishment or failure wasnt a result of his freewill but a question of Gods omnipotent. If he choosed isreal as the choosen people, God had a major role to play in keeping that promise right? So Judahs failure is a question of Gods omnipotent abilities. It wasnt Judahs freewill but God couldnt drive the iron chariot people out, also consider your old testament isrealite way of life with their God. Hope you reason with commonsense
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

If explaining the bible has is now a seprate discipline, then something is clearly not right with the bible.
i verily ADMIRE the way you REASON. Accept my kisses. muaaah
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati:
i verily ADMIRE the way you REASON. Accept my kisses. muaaah

I gladly accept.
wink
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

This is no record of such a monumental event ever tooking place.

what then is called "cherrypicking"

you simply wish to believe whatever you want why should that be my problem?

My replying you on this thread is to prevent you that cherrypicks from the bible from using you lies to deceive people,.

You know that satan use something as normal as bread to try to deceive Jesus, and that is exactly what you are doing right now.

The inexperience will imagine they are learning something new from you not knowing that you and the bible are enemies.

Talk on what religion does that is wrong and is not even base on the bible and stop twisting what you dont even understand the way it operate.

Peace
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

what then is called "cherrypicking"

you simply wish to believe whatever you want why should that be my problem?

My replying you on this thread is to prevent you that cherrypicks from the bible from using you lies to deceive people,.

You know that satan use something as normal as bread to try to deceive Jesus, and that is exactly what you are doing right now.

The inexperience will imagine they are learning something new from you not knowing that you and the bible are enemies.

Talk on what religion does that is wrong and is not even base on the bible and stop twisting what you dont even understand the way it operate.

Peace

Peace indeed.
As long as we can maintain peace while dealing with plurality of opinions, let peace reign.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati:
God was always with the isrealites in victory and in punishing them. So he didnt fail in both aspects. This means the isrealites didnt need his consent to be with them all the time, he was with them even against their will and when they didnt even want him. Coz you would ask why didnt God just leave them when they followed other gods?. Please reason with commonsense. Judah's victory or punishment or failure wasnt a result of his freewill but a question of Gods omnipotent. If he choosed isreal as the choosen people, God had a major role to play in keeping that promise right? So Judahs failure is a question of Gods omnipotent abilities. It wasnt Judahs freewill but God couldnt drive the iron chariot people out, also consider your old testament isrealite way of life with their God. Hope you reason with commonsense

your questions shows lack of dept.

Why did Yahweh not leave the Isrealite?

Answer = he did not leave the israelite that are Abraham seed since he had promise to produce the masaiah through Abraham's seed, QED.

And that is because whatever Yahweh says must come to past. Isaiah 55:11

the rest of what you said is not worthy of my effort.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

I gladly accept.
wink

i hope your common stance is not due to conveniences due to inherent weaknesses?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Jesus Created Or People Misunderstand The Bible? / Prosperity Without Sorrow / Challenge To Nairaland Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.