Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. (4257 Views)

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Bible Says That Yahweh (jehovah) Is Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

i hope your common stance is not due to conveniences due to inherent weaknesses?

I no understand that grammar o.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

Peace indeed.
As long as we can maintain peace while dealing with plurality of opinions, let peace reign.

what is plurality of opinion when you subtract from the bible at will and add to it at will?

Why not say you are given your personal opinion?

Deceit!
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
@truthislight
seems you deviated from the topic. Ill reply you shortly but i gots to see Obama at the white house (toilet)
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

what is plurality of opinion when you subtract from the bible at will and add to it at will?

Why not say you are given your personal opinion?

Deceit!

What?
What have I added and subtracted from your bible? I only quote what is clearly written. Perhaps you are irked because you find the particular bible quotations embarrassing. That is your problem.
Blame the word of your god, not me.

Every single day and every single hour , we have bible thumpers quoting this and that from the word of god and expecting everyone to swallow, hook line and sinker, without questions.

But once in a while, when those of us not gifted with scriptural reasoning(appologies to Ijawkid) exercise our right of reply, then you all go on your silly tantrums, much like spoilt little brats.

The Right of Reply; that is what we non-religious people are exercising on this religilous,sorry, religious forum.
Our right of reply is inviolate.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by ijawkid(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

What?
What have I added and subtracted from your bible? I only quote what is clearly written. Perhaps you are irked because you find the particular bible quotations embarrassing. That is your problem.

Every single day and every single hour , we have bible thumpers quoting this and that from the word of god and expecting everyone to swallow, hook line and sinker, without questions.

But once in a while, when those of us not gifted with scriptural reasoning(appologies to Ijawkid) exercise our right of reply, then you all go on your silly tantrums, much like spoilt little brats.

The Right of Reply; that is what we non-religious people are exercising on this religilous,sorry, religious forum.

Lol....

I go beat u o......lol....

If ur missing my comments better tell me.....
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by truthislight: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton:

What?

please excersis your right o.

But dont/never hide under a cover that you love the bible to deceive people.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by plaetton: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

I go beat u o......lol....

If ur missing my comments better tell me.....

lol. ok o. grin grin grin
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
There are many spots in the Bible were the Israelites were defeated ; even places where God Himself fought & defeated the Israelites before they battled their enemies. That verse doesn't mean that God is omnipotent. It is an isolated incident.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by UyiIredia(m): 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
There are many spots in the Bible were the Israelites were defeated ; even places where God Himself fought & defeated the Israelites before they battled their enemies. That verse doesn't mean that God is not omnipotent. It is an isolated incident.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by Jenwitemi(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oh, it does have relevance. If your god is so omnipotent, he would not have wasted his omnipotence trying to show it to humans of the time through wicked deeds against them just to impress... and of today like yourself for instance who is obviously greatly impressed by the misuse of power by this psychopath you call your god.

Moreover, if your bible god were so omnipotent, he wouldn't have had to be so afraid of losing the loyalty of humans to other gods so much. "Thou shall worship no other god but me".Does that sound familiar? That is the sign of a very insecure deity who knows that he is anything but omnipotent.
Mr_Anony:
I fail to see how your comment is relevant to this thread. The thread is about God's omnipotence as relates to a particular verse.
If you have a problem with God's behaviour, vex and go and create your own universe.
Re: This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. by jayriginal: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Too bad for you. If you really can't tell the difference between choice and ability, then I honestly can't help you.
Besides, I have not given any explanation. I have only pointed out that the conclusion he drew does not follow from the verse he quoted.

Mere bluster. You've said nothing. Thats ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Challenge To Nairaland Atheists / PHOTOS: Shrine At The Source Of River Ethiope In Umuaja, Delta State / Consciousness: Posers For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.