Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,041 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

This Is The Real Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Real Nigeria (718 Views)

The Real Nigeria Problem / What Virtual Nigeria Says About Real Nigeria / What Virtual Nigeria Says About Real Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Real Nigeria by prettyboi1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
I'm not trying to wash anybody or get preachy. I'm just going to be honest "Nigeria is a beautiful country." Beautiful in the sense of all the potentials God has given us,all we have to do is get over sentiments,love ourselves PASSIONATELY,believe in ourselves & love our neighbours as ourselves (afterall,both Holy books of our 2 major religions preach this.) Nigeria & Nigerians are these:
1. A land full of culture,a great people of so many beautiful tribes (a lot of people don't realize how beautiful this particular feature is. This is supposed to be one of our greatest feats as Nigerians.) A lot of people outside Africa find this particular feature interesting & beautiful. It's like having a work of art with different colours & comparing it to another work of art with just one colour. You know for sure,that the artwork with the different colours would definitely be more beautiful. I have been to at least 1 state in all the geo-political zones of Nigeria, & I can CONFIDENTLY tell you that "WE ARE A BEAUTIFUL & POTENTIALLY GREAT NATION." We just need to realize this & CAPITALIZE on it,shun religious & ethnic sentiments,shun tribalism, respect & tolerate each others religious faiths & ethnicity & live in perfect harmony & that alone already can sell us a great tourist ground.
2. Nigerians are a dogged people. We are rugged & can adapt to almost all kinds of conditions & environment. This is also 1 of our greatest strength/feature as Nigerians. On the other side of this, we haven't really realized how great this particular feature is & we are not really using it well yet. I said so because even though we are dogged & tough, we need to think outside of the box. We rarely think outside the box,we all want to be the same. The average Nigerian wouldn't want to take a risk to start something,but soon as someone else starts it & becomes successful in it,ALL NIGERIANS would start wanting to do that same thing. For instance,we also believe in certificates & "office jobs" too much when on the other hand, our doggedness can actually create an environment filled with total division of labour which would enrich us & our citizenry.
3. There are a lot of resources in this country (I'm sure the word "resource" or "resources" is already very synonymous with Nigeria.) Both human resources & natural resources. Believe me, North,East,South,West,Central Nigeria are all superbly endowed with different things. My only problem is that many of these resources are not being tapped into & the few our so-called "leaders" tap into are usually abused & looted for personal gains.Contrary to what a lot of unexposed Nigerians think, Northern Nigeria is actually quite endowed. Although endowed with resources quite different from the normal "oil." Northern Nigeria is endowed with so much agricultural,mining,wildlife & tourism resources. Which are barely tapped into. The middle-belt is a home to food,more food & more food.Western Nigeria is very known with intellectuals & academicians,Eastern Nigeria is known for business-minded people,Southern Nigeria is very known for oil,fish-farming & ancient historic buildings. Why's majority of our population still poor with all these resources at our disposal? We have to get up & hold our leaders to ransom.
4. Even though the country's presently in shambles, a lot of Nigerians just haven't realized that Nigeria always pulls through hard times. We would get over all of these problems: bad leadership,bad leaders,corruption,stealing,bombings,insecurity,etc one day,but it starts with you & me. Running away from our problems or fighting each other won't take away our problems. We just never realize how much we love our country until other countries mess with us. We need to realize we are BROTHERS & SISTERS & WE ARE NIGERIANS. Nigerians shouldn't give up, It's not in our nature to give up. We are beautiful,we are black (which is something to be very proud about) & we are a potentially great people & can only actually become great when we put our country first regardless of tough times. God Bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Forbes’ Top 100 Of World’s Most Powerful Women / Police Kill Four Robbery Suspects In Lagos / Unbelievable!!LAGOS Doctors DEMAND Salaries For Period THEY WENT ON Strike!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.