Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? (1252 Views)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / See What A Girl Posted About Sex, Spirituality & Marriage On Facebook / Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by medulah07: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2012
hello NL, i believe a good number of you will have an advise for me on this;
i love this gal so much like 've never loved before but for my guidiance in entering into marriage contract with her i have been told alot of things by different spiritualist during consultation not me involve direcly but my parent, my aunt,and sister. they said their spiritual consultant told them top tell me that we are not compactible some even said she would die after five years. and i cant fanthom all this things together an really confused and i need advise fro mature adults.

pls. help,
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by kennz(f): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2012
well evryone has wat he/she believes. bfore i gt marid,i was tld dat two guys wer madly in luv wit me bt im contemplatin maryin d wrong one nd dat if i marry hm,i wil regret. bt i cant scater my plans cos we've alredy strt evry preparation. So i prayd to God abt it.
Dou we do av prblems bt i tek it normal marital prbs.
So its ur choice as to wat u want. If u can cope wen prbs cum,fyn bt if u tink u cant,den back off.
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by 2mch(m): 8:27am On Sep 02, 2012
God gave you gifts to survive in this life.God made you, you are his creation and none of us is more special than the other. So why would you think he will go through someone else to tell you about your future and life? 5yrs with the right person is better than 100yrs with the wrong person. Make your own decisions in life and stop asking people for devilish consultation. You are old enough to decide you want to marry, and old enough to know who will make the best partner for you. All these consultations are very dangerous. I once had a pastor that made a "prediction" about a friend's fiancee. This prediction was based on the high level of chances of it occurring. But the pastor was exposed because unfortunately for him, the fiancee does not fall into that statistic. The fiancee passed with flying colors. This was a test that I would have failed.These guys are psychologists and well trained scam artists.A lot of people have been scammed into marrying the wrong person. The pastor out of selfishness may have someone he can remote control in mind for you. Give yourself brain and be a man. If you want to know what God thinks, you have direct contact with him. You can go on your knees and pray. Never let anyone choose your life partner.

2 Likes

Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
2mch: God gave you gifts to survive in this life.God made you, you are his creation and none of us is more special than the other. So why would you think he will go through someone else to tell you about your future and life? 5yrs with the right person is better than 100yrs with the wrong person. Make your own decisions in life and stop asking people for DEVILISH CONSULTATIONS. You are old enough to decide you want to marry, and old enough to know who will make the best partner for you. All these consultations are very dangerous. I once had a pastor that made a "prediction" about a friend's fiancee. This prediction was based on the high level of chances of it occurring. But the pastor was exposed because unfortunately for him, the fiancee does not fall into that statistic. The fiancee passed with flying colors. This was a test that I would have failed.These guys are psychologists and well trained scam artists.A lot of people have been scammed into marrying the wrong person. The pastor out of selfishness may have someone he can remote control in mind for you. Give yourself brain and be a man. If you want to know what God thinks, you have direct contact with him. You can go on your knees and pray. Never let anyone choose your life partner.
u really got me lafing wit dat.lol.by d way cant people sit in dia bedrooms and pray til dey receive ansas,must dey consult one prophet,herbalist or pastor bfor dey know who mr or mrs wright is.hehehehehe.oro pesije o,oro di hun
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2012
2mch: If you want to know what God thinks, you have direct contact with him. You can go on your knees and pray. Never let anyone choose your life partner.

Na wa ooo. If God cannot tell me directly, then isn't that a sign that either he is not god enough or something is wrong from my end? Either way, one shouldn't listen to another person's take since there is obviously a problem there.
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Jesus was tortured for hours, bled and died so you can be free and have diirect access to God
Jesus Taught you how to pray
Jesus gave you the Holy Spirit as a guide (not the vengeful "holy ghost' a lot of you have turned it to)
The disciples risked death and died violent deaths so me and You can have the bible as a guide in our journey through life
Jesus came to set us free and let us freely walk with him
If at your age (marriageable age) you still choose to take your free will which Jesus came to give you for free and dash it to some "consultant" then you deserve what you get.
How can you be free and go and buy handcuffs for your self and keep paying someone to keep you in chains when your freedom and free will has already been given to you at no cost to you?
Its hard to reason with some " Nigerian Christians', what we do is live in sin and get someone to bribe and pay hoping to hear clearly from God, The only way to God is through Christ and who Christ has set free is free indeed. Except you accept the free gift of Gods, Live right, walk with God and take care of the least of your brethren I am sorry you are living in chains.
Consultant ko , so painful when i see somethings

1 Like

Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by chiteny(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
medulah07: hello NL, i believe a good number of you will have an advise for me on this;
i love this gal so much like 've never loved before but for my guidiance in entering into marriage contract with her i have been told alot of things by different spiritualist during consultation not me involve direcly but my parent, my aunt,and sister. they said their spiritual consultant told them top tell me that we are not compactible some even said she would die after five years. and i cant fanthom all this things together an really confused and i need advise fro mature adults.

pls. help,

[size=17pt]MMMTTTCCHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by CrazyMan(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
By Spititual consultant...there are two kinds of pepole that by this identity. Since I have little knowledge of them you're referring to, I would reply you with both.

If we looking at a herbalist as the spiritual consultant...

I believe we've passed the age where we run to dirty looking old men in bushes for solution to our problems.

You're a grown man...if you feel you love your girl, then propose to her...if your family members frown at your decision as you mentioned, then ask them to present reasonable facts why you shouldn't continue that union.

If they begin to refer to the prophecy or vision seen by an illitrate, poverty stricken, misguided and fraudulent person bearing the name tag spiritualist...then I believe you wouldn't need a prophet to tell you to end such conversation and go on with your choice.

I believe your success lies in your ability to make the right choice and not in a self acclaimed spiritualist vision.

If the spiritual consultant is a pastor...

Then this thread should put you back on track.

https://www.nairaland.com/1024534/pastor-adeboyes-message-young-singles-marriage

Good luck.
Re: Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Threat Of Kidnap In Lagos / Baby Daddy...... / The Development Of A Child: Could Environment Factors Be A Great Influence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.