Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

GEJ And His Government Have Failed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ And His Government Have Failed (1089 Views)

Federal Government Have Started Paying February Salary And First 28days. / Should Our Local Government Have Autonomy? / Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Taiw(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2012
Ever since Jonathan was sworn in,Nigeria has never seen peace.We all thought he was going to be better than Obansanjo and Abacha but we were wrong.He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.Below is a list of sum of the areas he has failed.
SECURITY:There has been a sharp increase in bombings and shootings since he resumed office.Thousands have lost their lives to the hands of Boko Haram and yet GEJ is so speechless about this.
2.Fuel Increase:suddenly he increased fuel price telling us to endure for a while n he promised this and that.Has he kept to his promises?NO.
3.Devaluation Of our Naira:SLS has introduced 5000Naira notes thereby turning 10N,20N to coins.The implication of this is gross Inflation.E.G A bikeman that charges N60 for a trip will now charge N100.Then i wonder how one will be able to change N5000 notes in a bus.Not possible
4.MASS UNEMPLOYMENT:The implication of this is there will be increase in car thefts,killings,rituals,kidnappings,prostitutions,armed robberies e.t.c The funniest thing is that the elites who think they are save from all this will be victims of this.cos man must chop.
5. CORRUPTION N EMBEZZLEMENT OF FUNDS in the government:we all know what is happening in d oil probes n other sectors.They want us to sacrifice yet they keep enjoying fat salaries,bribes,and illegal benefits.
6.EDUCATION IS COLLASPING
7.RE-INTRODUCTION OF TOLL GATES
8. Nigeria's debt increasing day by day.
d list goes on and on.From what i see, This government is out there to exploit her citizens thanks to ooga GEJ.
The next two years will be hell 4 nigerians.MAY GOD HELP US OO.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by hardywaltz(m): 11:26am On Aug 25, 2012
#yawns#
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Bukkyade: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2012
It would be so lame, to conclude that the government has failed,cause even people on this forum can bear witness of its success stories. I would assume that you are not in Nigeria, or you have refused to notice the developments going on around you. I totally believe in GEJ, and he is doing the best.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Gbawe: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2012
Taiw: Ever since Jonathan was sworn in,Nigeria has never seen peace.We all thought he was going to be better than Obansanjo and Abacha but we were wrong.He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.Below is a list of sum of the areas he has failed.
SECURITY:There has been a sharp increase in bombings and shootings since he resumed office.Thousands have lost their lives to the hands of Boko Haram and yet GEJ is so speechless about this.
2.Fuel Increase:suddenly he increased fuel price telling us to endure for a while n he promised this and that.Has he kept to his promises?NO.
3.Devaluation Of our Naira:SLS has introduced 5000Naira notes thereby turning 10N,20N to coins.The implication of this is gross Inflation.E.G A bikeman that charges N60 for a trip will now charge N100.Then i wonder how one will be able to change N5000 notes in a bus.Not possible
4.MASS UNEMPLOYMENT:The implication of this is there will be increase in car thefts,killings,rituals,kidnappings,prostitutions,armed robberies e.t.c The funniest thing is that the elites who think they are save from all this will be victims of this.cos man must chop.
5. CORRUPTION N EMBEZZLEMENT OF FUNDS in the government:we all know what is happening in d oil probes n other sectors.They want us to sacrifice yet they keep enjoying fat salaries,bribes,and illegal benefits.
6.EDUCATION IS COLLASPING
7.RE-INTRODUCTION OF TOLL GATES
8. Nigeria's debt increasing day by day.
d list goes on and on.From what i see, This government is out there to exploit her citizens thanks to ooga GEJ.
The next two years will be hell 4 nigerians.MAY GOD HELP US OO.

You forgot to mention one of the biggest indicator that signifies how GEJ is an abject failure. Sports always united Nigeria and we always managed to record some degree of success in it that accorded us respect - even under the worst, most autocratic and most dictatorial leadership.

Under GEJ, our sports is now comatose and we have recorded our worst Olympic outing in recent history that saw us not win a single medal. Such disgraceful results, for the biggest black nation on Earth , shows objective folks, able to rise above bias and sentiments, that we are currently led by those who are totally inept and undeserving of their positions. There is no point attempting to spin abject and unmatched failure.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by truth4meal(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2012
Bukkyade: It would be so lame, to conclude that the government has failed,cause even people on this forum can bear witness of its success stories. I would assume that you are not in Nigeria, or you have refused to notice the developments going on around you. I totally believe in GEJ, and he is doing the best.
the Govt has nt failed neither passed...its just on a clueless and stagnacy ride. Failed state? We will get there soon...wish Nigeria goodluck
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Taiw(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2012
what developments are u talking about?is this not d same country we all are in?when i said he has failed, i dont mean d same patching/construction of roads that u call roads.i'm talking about the economy,job creation,i'm talking about tackling corruption from the grassroot.how many of these corrupt governors/ ministers have gone to jail?i'm sure you witnessed OBJ rulership.how many of this probes have been implemented.IS this too much to ask?The callibre of people that could not steal money during OBJ time are stealing it massively.I dont know why Nigerians like u are so blind and gullible.This guys have sold away ur future and are giving u peanuts(u call developments) in return and u say dats all?Please go and check the amount of money they this government has borrowed within the past months.How will they pay back?The hugh debts OBJ managed to solve is what is resurfacing.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by dedeike: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
Usually, I don't dignify these kind of tantrums with a response but I am moved by your ignorance to offer a measure of response.

First, you talked about insecurity. It must be acknowledged that this govt is facing a peculiar security challenge in the history of our nation. None other has had to grapple with the harsh reality of fighting suicide terrorism by a section of the country who feels betrayed in the political dynamics of the preceding elections. That notwithstanding, the president has managed to contend with them and keeps Nigeria moving as one free secular state contrary to their will.

Secondly, you talked about fuel increase. It beats me hollow that even in the face of obvious realities, massive corruption and NUPENG/Oil Marketers conspiracy, you still harbour the illusion that fuel subsidy is sustainable. Kpele.

Jonathan's govt seriously wants to reform the oil sector. They seek to achieve this by deregulating the downstream sector. For deregulation to commence, subsidy must go and govt will cease to regulate prices. In a deregulated market, forces of supply and demand will determine pump price. Not govt. In a deregulated market, there will be private sector participation in refineries. When private refineries come on board, importation will end. When importation ends, fuel pump price will not exceed 50 Naira. A deregulated market is competitive and customer is king. Above all, it offers massive employment opportunities

Thirdly, you said the introduction of 5000 Naira notes will devalue our Naira without offering any logical economic reason in support of your claim. I am not an economist but I have a sense of history. I recall that this argument has always been put forward each time a policy like this props up but it doesn't add up later.

Fourthly, you said unemployment. You and I know that unemployment for our teeming 150 million population has been a problem ever before GEJ took over power as elected president. There is no statistics to show that it has worsened. But we can attest to sincere efforts of this govt to curb it. First, The recurrent expenditure profile of 2012 budget was cut by 12% to fund capital projects which is intended to curb unemployment. Secondly, some of these capital projects are visible in the refurbishment of 6 power stations under the NIPP which has boosted power generation to an all time high of 4,477 megawatts. The significant improvement in power is a catalyst for job creation and the growth of SME's.

I don't want to talk about YOUWIN projects because you will say its all politics until you benefit from it. I don't want also to talk about the massive recruitment going on in Civil Defence, police, navy, air force, immigrations because you will say its only for GEJ's Godsons. But I will surely talk about the agricultural reforms, the cassava bread revolution, the fertilizer distribution voucher system, which has eliminated the fertilizer cabal, and increased access to fertilizer in open market to farmers. I will talk about the 400 billion CBN agricultural Loans being currently accessed by genuine farmers across the country. These are policy directions which any unemployed can key into if not for our crase for white collar jobs.

The ongoing PRIVATISATION of PHCN holds serious prospects for employment of our ypuths too. Foriegn investors have besieged Nigeria to participate in the process. Already, there is SEIMENS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, BRASILIAN ELECTROBUS etc

Fifthly, you said corruption. It is on record that this govt took the first bold step in Nigeria's history to self probe the oil sector. For the first time in history, Nigerians are seeing the prosecution of oil thieves and exposure of the oil cabal. Even sons of influential members of the ruling party are not spared. This govt passed the FOI to increase public access to information about govt. our budgets are everywhere for everyone to see and discuss. Subsidy claims are no longer drawn on first line charge basis but captured in the budget. Nothing is secret. NNPC IS NO LONGER A SECRET CULT. Right from the prosecution of Speaker Bankole in the early days of this administration down to the Trial of Akala, Gbenga Daniel & ex governors to police pension suspects and now subsidy suspects, the EFCC has been busy. It's now left for the judiciary to live up to its duty.

In Education, GEJ has increased funding to an all time high of 400 billion. In addition to this, he has in one year fulfilled his promise of establishing 9 new federal universities.
He has also constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law school in Yola and Yenagoa.
He has set up a state of the art Almajiri school for Muslim pupils in Sokoto and more are to be built across the North.
Settled all outstanding issues and disputes with ASUU hence the relative absence of strikes.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by BlackMamba2: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
Dedeike,why are you wasting ur time replying dis guy Taiw.he is just lazy and seeking attention.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Mandelaguy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2012
dedeike: Usually, I don't dignify these kind of tantrums with a response but I am moved by your ignorance to offer a measure of response.

First, you talked about insecurity. It must be acknowledged that this govt is facing a peculiar security challenge in the history of our nation. None other has had to grapple with the harsh reality of fighting suicide terrorism by a section of the country who feels betrayed in the political dynamics of the preceding elections. That notwithstanding, the president has managed to contend with them and keeps Nigeria moving as one free secular state contrary to their will.

Secondly, you talked about fuel increase. It beats me hollow that even in the face of obvious realities, massive corruption and NUPENG/Oil Marketers conspiracy, you still harbour the illusion that fuel subsidy is sustainable. Kpele.

Jonathan's govt seriously wants to reform the oil sector. They seek to achieve this by deregulating the downstream sector. For deregulation to commence, subsidy must go and govt will cease to regulate prices. In a deregulated market, forces of supply and demand will determine pump price. Not govt. In a deregulated market, there will be private sector participation in refineries. When private refineries come on board, importation will end. When importation ends, fuel pump price will not exceed 50 Naira. A deregulated market is competitive and customer is king. Above all, it offers massive employment opportunities

Thirdly, you said the introduction of 5000 Naira notes will devalue our Naira without offering any logical economic reason in support of your claim. I am not an economist but I have a sense of history. I recall that this argument has always been put forward each time a policy like this props up but it doesn't add up later.

Fourthly, you said unemployment. You and I know that unemployment for our teeming 150 million population has been a problem ever before GEJ took over power as elected president. There is no statistics to show that it has worsened. But we can attest to sincere efforts of this govt to curb it. First, The recurrent expenditure profile of 2012 budget was cut by 12% to fund capital projects which is intended to curb unemployment. Secondly, some of these capital projects are visible in the refurbishment of 6 power stations under the NIPP which has boosted power generation to an all time high of 4,477 megawatts. The significant improvement in power is a catalyst for job creation and the growth of SME's.

I don't want to talk about YOUWIN projects because you will say its all politics until you benefit from it. I don't want also to talk about the massive recruitment going on in Civil Defence, police, navy, air force, immigrations because you will say its only for GEJ's Godsons. But I will surely talk about the agricultural reforms, the cassava bread revolution, the fertilizer distribution voucher system, which has eliminated the fertilizer cabal, and increased access to fertilizer in open market to farmers. I will talk about the 400 billion CBN agricultural Loans being currently accessed by genuine farmers across the country. These are policy directions which any unemployed can key into if not for our crase for white collar jobs.

The ongoing PRIVATISATION of PHCN holds serious prospects for employment of our ypuths too. Foriegn investors have besieged Nigeria to participate in the process. Already, there is SEIMENS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, BRASILIAN ELECTROBUS etc

Fifthly, you said corruption. It is on record that this govt took the first bold step in Nigeria's history to self probe the oil sector. For the first time in history, Nigerians are seeing the prosecution of oil thieves and exposure of the oil cabal. Even sons of influential members of the ruling party are not spared. This govt passed the FOI to increase public access to information about govt. our budgets are everywhere for everyone to see and discuss. Subsidy claims are no longer drawn on first line charge basis but captured in the budget. Nothing is secret. NNPC IS NO LONGER A SECRET CULT. Right from the prosecution of Speaker Bankole in the early days of this administration down to the Trial of Akala, Gbenga Daniel & ex governors to police pension suspects and now subsidy suspects, the EFCC has been busy. It's now left for the judiciary to live up to its duty.

In Education, GEJ has increased funding to an all time high of 400 billion. In addition to this, he has in one year fulfilled his promise of establishing 9 new federal universities.
He has also constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law school in Yola and Yenagoa.
He has set up a state of the art Almajiri school for Muslim pupils in Sokoto and more are to be built across the North.
Settled all outstanding issues and disputes with ASUU hence the relative absence of strikes.

You get strength to talk o! Look at his English first,this is not worth your energy.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by dedeike: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
Black Mamba: Dedeike,why are you wasting ur time replying dis guy Taiw.he is just lazy and seeking attention.
grin I was touched by his ignorance so I decided to spare sometime to educate him.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Camilia247: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
@poster U hav a very shallow argument, I think u need to go and play with counters... After 3yrs u can say dis if things don't change, haba...we r all waiting
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Joeadamu86: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
That is not true,I didn't vote for the PDP during the last elections,but the picture you have painted abt this administration is not fair,you are not objective at all,we should not be allowing sentiment and shallow minded ness to be be clouding our judgements....this govt has just spend a year,let's wait and what they have for us,I think there are changes somewhere not as you it Mr.I hope you are not paid to do this cos it will be very sad...
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Taiw(m): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2012
@DEDIKE.I didnt finish ur post cos i have no time to waste nonsense(cos 4 ur mind u don make sense b dat oo).Thank God u mentioned that the issue of this insecurity has never been recorded in history before.(thats a point against u). Why now? Secondly i did nt sat N5000 wil devalue our currency.i only talked about it.Talking of devaluation how are u saying that d naira has not weakened d more since ur man came in?Lastly u talked about refineries, Why do Nigerians like living on promises.This man has been promising u with bread and butter and yet has not provided anytin to show 4 it.Wake up from ur dreams man.I dont see dis jonathan giving ways for refineries to be built.GEJ is not a man of action.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by maclatunji: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: You get strength to talk o! Look at his English first,this is not worth your energy.

From all indications, he is an agent of government.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Sealeddeal(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
The poster is an agent of Boko Haram.he thought that the fire he set up has consumed the govt.unfortunately for him,the govt is moving fine and nigeria will get better with GEJ's manner of leader which is based on Honesty,Transparency and vision. Poster,u thought we are not aware of many reforms going on in nigeria economy? Actually,immediately i saw where u mentioned OBJ,i knw u will write nonsense and it continue to demonstrate that alot of nigerian hate good thing.i dnt want to say that they are from SW bt if u say so,na u sabi.Abacha tried bt not OBJ or can u list what OBJ achieved in 8years 2geda with nature of criminality he engaged in?
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Bukkyade: 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
Taiw: @DEDIKE.I didnt finish ur post cos i have no time to waste nonsense(cos 4 ur mind u don make sense b dat oo).Thank God u mentioned that the issue of this insecurity has never been recorded in history before.(thats a point against u). Why now? Secondly i did nt sat N5000 wil devalue our currency.i only talked about it.Talking of devaluation how are u saying that d naira has not weakened d more since ur man came in?Lastly u talked about refineries, Why do Nigerians like living on promises.This man has been promising u with bread and butter and yet has not provided anytin to show 4 it.Wake up from ur dreams man.I dont see dis jonathan giving ways for refineries to be built.GEJ is not a man of action.
. Now I see that it was a waste of time replying to your post.....go get something to do.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Bukkyade: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
My Broda free this guy, he is not worth the explanation.

dedeike: Usually, I don't dignify these kind of tantrums with a response but I am moved by your ignorance to offer a measure of response.

Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Fadenitan(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
On what basic is dis gov‘t failed,this present administration is just one year plus and i can tell you without any fear that whether nigerian like it or not,Goodluck is a God‘s project and he has been destiny to successed. Just wait and see,by 2013- 2014,Goodluck projects and plans for substainable development shall manifest.I rest my case.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
@OP,you are mad.gej is de best thing to have happend to naija.go and tell your northern brodas to allow the man to perform....yawns and spits on OP...
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Mandelaguy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
jchime: @OP,you are mad.gej is de best thing to have happend to naija.go and tell your northern brodas to allow the man to perform....yawns and spits on OP...
U de vex o! Hahahahahahahah.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Taiw(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
@jchime For ur information i'm not a northerner.ur post has already said alot about u therefore i wont waste my time insulting u.@all i dont know how u all see things but only time will tell
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Desola(f): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2012
OMG!!!! Check out the influx of the 40 laptops against one sane person.

You lot, bar the OP and Gbawe are insane!!! Bloody ants! They rush in and attack a grain of sugar on the kitchen table.

Awon oloshi jatijati! May your lives progress the way Nigeria is progressing under GEJ. Say amen, muther4kers!
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Demdem(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
I agree with the Op. the Retardeen is currently failing like he did miserably in Bayelsa when he was governor. So far am rating hin just 7%
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Desola(f): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
Demdem: I agree with the Op. the Retardeen is currently failing like he did miserably in Bayelsa when he was governor. So far am rating hin just 7%

How generous of you. He deserves nothing but -50%!

The worst leader to be ever foisted upon the sane people by a dumb and clueless feudal majority!
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sadly most Nigerians fail to recognize the fact that it is not our leaders that have failed this nation - WE HAVE.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Demdem(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
Desola:

How generous of you. He deserves nothing but -50%!

The worst leader to be ever foisted upon the sane people by a dumb and clueless feudal majority!

Actually that 7% is for the cassava bread and energy bulb initiative. grin
Av also factored in the maginal screwed improvement of power.
If he gets it right as per security, that will shoot him up to 30%.that's a joker.
Re: GEJ And His Government Have Failed by Zutchy: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
The writer of this article is so dumb and such an attention seeker I dunno think he is worthy of the energy and time being expended on him here.

(1) (Reply)

Ekwueme: Additional State In S’east, A National Imperative / Governor Sullivan Chime Of Enugu State Allegedly Dies In India / War In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.