Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation (1158 Views)

Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical / Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa / CBN To Inject More Lower Naira Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by werepeLeri: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2012
Excuse me. How does large currency denominations cause inflation? I need to have some reasonable economists tell me. I am not one to shout when others shout without reason.

Reasonable and logical answers please.
Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by blacksta(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
change your username - do you know the meaning in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by werepeLeri: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
blacksta: change your username - do you know the meaning in Yoruba

Old line - please say something better and reasonable.

Go ask anyone the meaning of werepe in yoruba. Why am I even answering? Even if its Were. Whats your damn business with what I chose to call myself?

Busy body in other people's matter. Mtcheewwww/
Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by BlackMamba2: 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
Yes mee too am waiting for explanations o! Cos I don't even know sh*t on the disadvantages of dis N5000 naira nor the advantage sef.
Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by dedeike: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
Exactly my mind too. I don't know jack about the economic anatomy of this introduction of 5000 Naira note and it's relationship with inflation.
I need tutorials seriously. I urge those crying foul to come and explain so we can understand.

I'm not an economist but a good student of history. Nigerian history is replete with this pre currency introduction criticisms but they turn out to be inconsequential to the value of the Naira at the long run. we heard it during the introduction of 100, 200, 500, 1000, and now 5000 Naira denominations.

There is no tangible proof that it is responsible for the growth or otherwise of our economy.

Tutorials please!
Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by Charlesnerd: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
The only benefit to be gained in issuing out new currencies is convenience and nothing else.
However,the downside to this is that it might inadvertently affect our pricing structure and drive lower denominations out of circulation.
Re: How Does Large Naira Denominations Cause Inflation? I Need A Logical Explanation by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
Here's my Take on This, I Hope it Helps out

1st of all according to news 10,20 et all would be replaced by coins and also the introduction of 5000 note

Putting Nigerian Factor into play.

There would be a creation of an illusion on Money and thus people would mix up the nominal and real values of money.

Good Example: the coins although having the same purchasing power as notes would be valued at a lower level...and thus encouraging people to push up prices(Not proven yet). The Bus conductor would have a hard time coaliating coins from passangers if u ask me.

On the other hand,The CBN Gov gave examples like countries such as Singapore, Germany and. Japan, the highest denominations are 10,000 SGD, 500Euro and Yen 10,000 and inflation is not an issue for them.

Finally people may say the 5k notes would encourage money laundering,but with the daily cash limits and other check by the CBN...indicators would come to play on the flow of cash from individuals et all.

(1) (Reply)

Asaba Massacre / Buhari Caught In Money Laundry, Returns 53 Suitecases Of Money To Nigeria / The New Libya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.