Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,307 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Gov Amechi And Okporo Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amechi And Okporo Road (1216 Views)

I Was Betrayed By Tinubu And Buhari - Ex-gov Amechi / Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family / GOV. Amechi Escape Death. Breaking NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Nuzo1(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2013
Before all ya sentimental bigots jump in to yarn rubbish as usual, I want to quickly remind you that this thread has nothing to do with the ongoing GEJ and Amechi brouhaha. angry tongue

I lived in portharcourt city for about three years before relocating to my present place of residence.

While living in PHC, I was opportune to witness first hand the governmental strides of Amechi of which a few are Greater PH City, constructions of major and dilapidated roads like airport road Rukpoku. I also witness some of his shortcomings/scams like the monorail project.

Before I left PH last year, I placed a bet with my friends that okporo road would've been completed before easter this year and they all laughed. To my greatest surprise, I was in PH last 2 weeks for a friend's wedding and noticed that the road was still in that sorry state.

We are fast approaching the rainy season which was the same reason the govt gave for not completing the road last year.
What actually is the problem as over 70 percent of the project which is the underground sewage system has been completed about a year ago.

Did the white contractors scam the Rivers state government as I heard?
Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by abagoro(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2013
Nuzo':
Before all ya sentimental bigots jump in to yarn rubbish as usual, I want to quickly remind you that this thread has nothing to do with the ongoing GEJ and Amechi brouhaha. angry tongue

I lived in portharcourt city for about three years before relocating to my present place of residence.

While living in PHC, I was opportune to witness first hand the governmental strides of Amechi of which a few are Greater PH City, constructions of major and dilapidated roads like airport road Rukpoku. I also witness some of his shortcomings/scams like the monorail project.

Before I left PH last year, I placed a bet with my friends that okporo road would've been completed before easter this year and they all laughed. To my greatest surprise, I was in PH last 2 weeks for a friend's wedding and noticed that the road was still in that sorry state.

We are fast approaching the rainy season which was the same reason the govt gave for not completing the road last year.
What actually is the problem as over 70 percent of the project which is the underground sewage system has been completed about a year ago.

Did the white contractors scam the Rivers state government as I heard?

The road is 90% completed but I hate everything about the road. The design looks very much like what Ohakim did at Orlu road in Owerri. The road should have been left as a single lane.
Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Nuzo1(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2013
abagoro:

The road is 90% completed but I hate everything about the road. The design looks very much like what Ohakim did at Orlu road in Owerri. The road should have been left as a single lane.

That 90 percent has been over a year now.

And given the legendary traffic jam at 2nd artillary, RD and Rumudara juction...I think the double lane contruction was well thought out.
There's also a two way pedestrian walk way at each lane.
How else would you have wanted it?
Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Dejohnbull: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Pls remind Amechi to add flyover to Rumuodara & estend the two lane t Eneka.

Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nuzo':

That 90 percent has been over a year now.

And given the legendary traffic jam at 2nd artillary, RD and Rumudara juction...I think the double lane contruction was well thought out.
There's also a two way pedestrian walk way at each lane.
How else would you have wanted it?

What is a double lane? A double lane is more or less an intra-city highway that allows at least 2 cars with a space for a 3rd in case of vehicular breakdown on both sides of the road. Okporo road is not wide enough to be demarcated with concrete. Aggrey road should have taught Amaechi the advantages of wide undemarcated roads.
Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Abagworo(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dejohnbull: Pls remind Amechi to add flyover to Rumuodara & estend the two lane t Eneka.

Actually the Phase2 of the road is from Eliowhani to Eneka and Phase3 from Eneka to Etche. I think the next administration will do those ones as Amaechi is focused on completing Ada George and Rumuokwurusi-Igwruta Road. The truth is that legal actions stalled the spate of works on the roads as villagers challenged Government over planned demolition of ancestral homes and Obiris. Some were resolved by making the Roads narrower while others accepted higher compensations.
Re: Gov Amechi And Okporo Road by Nuzo1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Abagworo:

What is a double lane? A double lane is more or less an intra-city highway that allows at least 2 cars with a space for a 3rd in case of vehicular breakdown on both sides of the road. Okporo road is not wide enough to be demarcated with concrete. Aggrey road should have taught Amaechi the advantages of wide undemarcated roads.

You partly got it wrong sir.
A double lane is not only meant for intra-city highways. I've seen it constructed inside city roads and it works for the users.

Until the demarcation is up and the road tared, we can't conclude now that okporo road can only contain one car in one lane.

The demarcation is also necessary to prevent lousy drivers from making U-turns in the middle of the road. And to the best of my knowledge, that's the major cause of traffic jams.

Problem with Aggrey road is that the demarcation took a lot of space coupled with cars that cue for fuel and market.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Al Mustapha Visits TB Joshua Immediately After Release / Igbos Should Forget 2015 Presidency – Arthur Nzeribe / How Jonathan Will RULE ( May Not Win Election Though) Nigeria Again In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.