Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! (2764 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
If the any of the following describes your pastor(s), Infact, you are On Your Own(OYO).
1. Pastors who preach 90% tights and offering telling you how God will bless you bountiful but preach less of salvation. OYO
2. Pastors who will use their images of themselves on hand bills, bill-boards, and so many media outlets. They are only selling themselves and not christ. OYO
3. Pastors who will tell you to fast and pray for 7 days and 7 nights without even telling you that you should address your own shortcomings. OYO
4. Pastors who will tell you to bring along people for revival or any other service. That's they way network marketers do or those who are in 419 business do. Eg like all those forex scamers etc. Well, OYO
5. If your pastor is the one who will choose partners for you, well, that means you have already substituted your pastor for a God and you no longer trust your instinct or trust yourself. OYO. Tell me how many pastors satisfied marriages are still holding up today?
6. Pastors who will tell you that you have enemies everywhere. This is just to create fear in you and let you increase your attendance in church so that you can pay more money. OYO
7. Pastors who will tell you that you will go broke if you do not pay your tithe. Why did they not tell you to pay into charity or give to the poor instead of tight? You are OYO
8. Pastors who will turn the bible upside down and say that psalm 23 means war, instead that it only meant normal confessions. OYO
9. Pastors that will make you to compete to buy material things for him. He will indirectly tell you that the more you take care of the man of God, the more you will taken cared of by God. If God truly sent those men, God will truly take care of his own and not through corporate begging.
Many people have been deceived and so will more be. It is unfortunate how church has spun into maga business and a mega tool for satan. The bible says,:many are called but few are chosen
Please you can add more of your types of pastors...
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Are you a Christian? If yes, stop going to church if you like because all the pastors did at least one of things you stated above.

1 Like

Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
D sage: Are you a Christian? If yes, stop going to church if you like because all the pastors did at least one of things you stated above.
I do not bliv in any religion. But God exist as far as I am concerned
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
solidbroda: I do not bliv in any religion. But God exist as far as I am concerned

Since you are not atheist or agnostics,how come you know God exist when you can't attributes his existence to a particular religions?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 27, 2012
God did not create religion. Man did. Religion was a elitist movement born out for the control of the lower classes

2 Likes

Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2012
Fine,if God didn't creates religions, what makes you conclude that he actually exist? Remember there must be something responsible for your acceptance of his existence, what are those factors?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 12:26am On Aug 27, 2012
D sage:

Since you are not atheist or agnostics,how come you know God exist when you can't attributes his existence to a particular religions?
It depends on the type of god the op is talking about...
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by maryswags: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
solidbroda: If the any of the following describes your pastor(s), Infact, you are On Your Own(OYO).
1. Pastors who preach 90% tights and offering telling you how God will bless you bountiful but preach less of salvation. OYO
2. Pastors who will use their images of themselves on hand bills, bill-boards, and so many media outlets. They are only selling themselves and not christ. OYO
3. Pastors who will tell you to fast and pray for 7 days and 7 nights without even telling you that you should address your own shortcomings. OYO
4. Pastors who will tell you to bring along people for revival or any other service. That's they way network marketers do or those who are in 419 business do. Eg like all those forex scamers etc. Well, OYO
5. If your pastor is the one who will choose partners for you, well, that means you have already substituted your pastor for a God and you no longer trust your instinct or trust yourself. OYO. Tell me how many pastors satisfied marriages are still holding up today?
6. Pastors who will tell you that you have enemies everywhere. This is just to create fear in you and let you increase your attendance in church so that you can pay more money. OYO
7. Pastors who will tell you that you will go broke if you do not pay your tithe. Why did they not tell you to pay into charity or give to the poor instead of tight? You are OYO
8. Pastors who will turn the bible upside down and say that psalm 23 means war, instead that it only meant normal confessions. OYO
9. Pastors that will make you to compete to buy material things for him. He will indirectly tell you that the more you take care of the man of God, the more you will taken cared of by God. If God truly sent those men, God will truly take care of his own and not through corporate begging.
Many people have been deceived and so will more be. It is unfortunate how church has spun into maga business and a mega tool for satan. The bible says,:many are called but few are chosen
Please you can add more of your types of pastors...

Remove d log in ur eyes before u remove the speck in others, if ure guiltless then cast d first stone, who made you a judge? These words are excerpts from the bible, just as u quoted many are called but few as chosen, dwell on these words, leave God 2 judge those who are not among His chosen who claim 2 be, face ur own life!

1 Like

Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Niflheim(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2012
@solid broda,long time,!!!...........................your post is very accurate,the belly of the beast(greedy christianity) is being exposed for what it truly is,a temple of lies and deceit!!!
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Niflheim: @solid broda,long time,!!!...........................your post is very accurate,the belly of the beast(greedy christianity) is being exposed for what it truly is,a temple of lies and deceit!!!
cheesy
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
mkmyers45: It depends on the type of god the op is talking about...

I knew you're atheist who believes not in existence of God/gods, how comes you talking about existence of various Gods here?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
D sage:

I knew you're atheist who believes not in existence of God/gods, how comes you talking about existence of various Gods here?

How do you know i am an atheist? Ever heard me say that?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by EazyJ(f): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Op,I dnt agree totally wif ur post.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by EazyJ(f): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Op,I dnt agree totally wif ur post.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
Eazy J: @Op,I dnt agree totally wif ur post.
so, how much do u agree?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
mkmyers45:

How do you know i am an atheist? Ever heard me say that?

Sorry if you are not, your username looks like that of a notable atheist in this section. Beside, did you believes in existence of different type of Gods? If yes,how did you arrived into such conclusion?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
D sage:

Sorry if you are not, your username looks like that of a notable atheist in this section. Beside, did you believes in existence of different type of Gods? If yes,how did you arrived into such conclusion?

From a global worldview there has to be a lot of gods to cater for all religions that want to follow one god or the other meanwhile....in reality there may no god at all

The God perception is invariably proportional to views...many see,believe in him as many and it works...so see him as one and its works for them but the 'God' perception has to be wrong because every religion claim divine signs from their god so the question is from who do those signs come?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
mkmyers45:

From a global worldview there has to be a lot of gods to cater for all religions that want to follow one god or the other meanwhile....in reality there may no god at all

The God perception is invariably proportional to views...many see,believe in him as many and it works...so see him as one and its works for them but the 'God' perception has to be wrong because every religion claim divine signs from their god so the question is from who do those signs come?

From one true superior/supernatural being GOD.

Actually each religion in the world claims divine signs to their God, but if you can do more research, you will realize that all of them are interwoven and originated from MIDDLE EAST. Even our own traditional African religions/practice.

On that basis,it's possible we called the same God in different views/ways and understanding.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by MacDaddy01: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
D sage:

Actually each religion in the world claims divine signs to their God, but if you can do more research, you will realize that all of them are interwoven and originated from MIDDLE EAST. Even our own traditional African religions/practice.

On that basis,it's possible we called the same God in different views/ways and understanding.

You are freaking mad. What kind of uncle tom/slave are you? Who told you that African Traditional religions come from the middle east? Better gerrout with that nonsense. Can you explain how my local Niger-Deltan paganism came from the middle east?

Even Asian religions are older than most if not all middle eastern religons

The first people in the world were from Africa.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You are freaking mad. What kind of uncle tom/slave are you? Who told you that African Traditional religions come from the middle east? Better gerrout with that nonsense. Can you explain how my local Niger-Deltan paganism came from the middle east?

Even Asian religions are older than most if not all middle eastern religons

The first people in the world were from Africa.

Your first paragraph is quite insultive and lacked basis for constructive criticism/argument. If you were not agreed with my comments, the best thing you ought to do is to prove me wrong with your and not by using abusive word on me.

Remember this's religion section and not jokes, romance/sexuality sections where we can just say what suits our feelings when commenting.

And one more thing you must know is that, no sensible NL members would comment in this section without any source of information. We all depends on various histories/sources to obtain fact, which might be true/false.

@ The first people were from Africa and most far asian religions were older than those of middle east.

Were you part of the said first people? Does any religions actually started in the generation you're part of? Since you and I were not there then,how do we know the truth?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by EazyJ(f): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Concerning d issue of tithes,It is written in Malachi 3:8 dat we rob God if we dont pay tithes & offerings but if we do,God said He will rebuke devourers 4 our sake. I agree partially wif u on d 3rd point but dere r problems dat dnt require addressing shortcomings but fasting &praying. There's nofin wrong in inviting pple 2 revivals and programmes.What can u say abt some1 who was invited 2 a revival and got saved?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 11:11am On Sep 01, 2012
Eazy J: Concerning d issue of tithes,It is written in Malachi 3:8 dat we rob God if we dont pay tithes & offerings but if we do,God said He will rebuke devourers 4 our sake.Pastors images on hand bills doesn't mean they r selling demselves. Iagree partially wif u on d 3rd point but dere r problems dat dnt require addressing shortcomings but fasting &praying. There's nofin wrong in inviting pple 4 revivals and programmes.What can u say abt some1 who was invited 4 revival and got saved?

I think the poster was talking about those pastor who scared/demanded tithe from their congregation by telling them the false consequence of not paying.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2012
Eazy J: Concerning d issue of tithes,It is written in Malachi 3:8 dat we rob God if we dont pay tithes & offerings but if we do,God said He will rebuke devourers 4 our sake.Pastors images on hand bills doesn't mean they r selling demselves. Iagree partially wif u on d 3rd point but dere r problems dat dnt require addressing shortcomings but fasting &praying. There's nofin wrong in inviting pple 2 revivals and programmes.What can u say abt some1 who was invited 2 a revival and got saved?
do you know what d book of exodus 22 says?? Hmmmm. That's where most pastors would not reference because it doesn't correlate with malachi
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2012
D sage:

Sorry sir i dont agree with you....ATR have been with us before our fathers set eyes on foreigners...Please get your facts right...and it cant be the same God worshipped the same way because this 'god'(s) characteristics differs and if you attempt to put it together you will get a catastrophe...
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by MacDaddy01: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2012
D sage:

Your first paragraph is quite insultive and lacked basis for constructive criticism/argument. If you were not agreed with my comments, the best thing you ought to do is to prove me wrong with your and not by using abusive word on me.

Remember this's religion section and not jokes, romance/sexuality sections where we can just say what suits our feelings when commenting.

And one more thing you must know is that, no sensible NL members would comment in this section without any source of information. We all depends on various histories/sources to obtain fact, which might be true/false.

@ The first people were from Africa and most far asian religions were older than those of middle east.

Were you part of the said first people? Does any religions actually started in the generation you're part of? Since you and I were not there then,how do we know the truth?

Sorry, for the abuse!

However, there is nothing I hate than when a Nigerian gives credit to foreigners while neglecting and insulting his forefathers. How one can claim that African traditional religions came from the middle east is beyond me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_religion
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by PastorAIO: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2012
christianity, Islam, Judaism (baha'i) came from the middle east. These 3/4 are not all the religions in the world.

How can we say all religions came from the middle east. Where we there when the religions were being invented?

If religion is a natural activity to man then wouldn't it make sense that man would find a way to practice religion wherever he was regardless of whether or not he is in contact with the middle east?

What are your evidences that a religion like Ifa had it's origin in the middle east?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by MacDaddy01: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Pastor AIO: christianity, Islam, Judaism (baha'i) came from the middle east. These 3/4 are not all the religions in the world.

How can we say all religions came from the middle east. Where we there when the religions were being invented?

If religion is a natural activity to man then wouldn't it make sense that man would find a way to practice religion wherever he was regardless of whether or not he is in contact with the middle east?

What are your evidences that a religion like Ifa had it's origin in the middle east?

Fire on, brother!
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
Pastor AIO: christianity, Islam, Judaism (baha'i) came from the middle east. These 3/4 are not all the religions in the world.

As regards to IFA you mentioned in your comment, according to history Yoruba people were believed to be descendant from middle east(s.Arabia). He Oduduwa along with other people/servants migrated from Mecca and were eventually settled in Ile-Ife. So,If these were true, from where did they brought the ideas of IFA?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
D sage:

As regards to IFA you mentioned in your comment, according to history Yoruba people were believed to be descendant from middle east(s.Arabia). He Oduduwa along with other people/servants migrated from Mecca and were eventually settled in Ile-Ife. So,If these were true, from where did they brought the ideas of IFA?

from where did you get this version of the story?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by mkmyers45(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
What of the Akan,Odinani,Serer...do they also come from middle east?
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by Dsage1: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sorry, for the abuse!

However, there is nothing I hate than when a Nigerian gives credit to foreigners while neglecting and insulting his forefathers. How one can claim that African traditional religions came from the middle east is beyond me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_religion

Sir, I don't know where in my previous posts I gave credit to foreigners,neglecting or insulting our forefather.
Re: These Categories Of Pastors Are Fake! by MacDaddy01: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
D sage:

Sir, I don't know where in my previous posts I gave credit to foreigners,neglecting or insulting our forefather.

You did so when yo claimed that african traditional religions came from the middle east! Most that I know of a rooted in their tribes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden's Mistress Kola Boof Says ''there Is No God'' / Is Having An Erection A Sin? / The Absurdities Of Free Will.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.