Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant (23032 Views)

Un Declares Nigeria As An Open-air Mental Asylum! / USA President Barack Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next Economic Giant / Obama Declares Nigeria As World’s Next Major Economic Giant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by dtemidare: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
President Obama In his recent statement he says that the west aftican country will be the

1.world's next economic success story, stressing that the discovery was one of the major reasons why his government is committed to helping the country build strong democratic institutions and as well remove constraints to trade and investment through the African Growth and Opportunity.

2.furthermore he that that his country invests in Nigeria's success because it recognizes Nigeria-s as a strategic center of gravity, stressing that the country's success will as well be Africa's success if the US can help Nigeria chart a secured, prosperous, and democratic course.

3.He also continued that the US government will also work to strengthen Nigeria's agricultural sector, which employs nearly 70 percent of the country's population, by encouraging improvements to infrastructure that would facilitate agricultural growth.

4.He also said that his government will help Nigeria to iberalize trade policies to foster regional trade, reform the customs system to bring it in line with global best practices, and as well encourage policy reforms to enable private investment in agriculture.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/33522/2012/08/27/obama_declares_nigeria_worlds_next_major_economic_giant.html

My question is this on assumption into Power he label Nigeria to be corrupt and that he was ready to work with Ghana And South Africa.
it baffles me that over the night he is willing to work with our people to improve our economy and make it the NEXT WORLD'S MAJOR ECONOMIC GIANT. 'HELELUYA'

Am happy with the developments but there is more to it. There is something that is going on that the US has failed to tell us. IS THIS A NEW FORM OF IMPERIALISM and cunning way to cater away our Natural resources.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by pato405(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2012
sweet consolation!
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Dee60: 9:25am On Aug 28, 2012
They have their eyes on some new contracts perhaps! That notwithstanding, we indeed pray that Nigeria becomes what we desire. Our trust is in God.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by mayowaeh: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Let keep praying for the Country so that all these world power will not destroy Nigeria for their selfish reason.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by lilvonz(m): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Na wash

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Lordave: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2012
What is Obama?
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Macky2(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2012
Obama, is upto something but if it bad it will definitely not workout for Him.

8 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by tunapawizzy: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2012
WASH OF THE CENTURY

4 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2012
Lordave: What is Obama?
obama is a specie of homossapiens called presidents...we also have other speies..e.g GEJS,MOBUTUS,IDI AMINS etc

18 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by ayox2003: 9:31am On Aug 28, 2012
Its not new.

Foreigners have always said Nigeria is the most blessed country in the world. (Thats why you see them migrating in flocks into this country)

Do our leaders have the same view? NO. (Thats why they spend bogus amount on allowances and rip-off her fortune making youths incapacitated. They cant even make sacrifices.)

Do Nigerians believe in Nigeria? NO. (Thats why an average Nigerian would look for every channel to leave the country)

How can a country that has natural gas, petroleum, tin, iron ore, coal, limestone, niobium, lead, zinc, bitumen, aluminium, cocoa, cassava, oil palm, rice, fish, sugar cane, maize, sorghum, groundnut, rubber, timber, cotton, arable land and good weather, not be the next economic giant?

Infact we have everything to dominate the whole world!!!

And until we ALL believe and tap into the potential that lies therein, Nigeria would be on economic decline.

God bless Nigeria.

Frawzey

40 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Super1759: 9:31am On Aug 28, 2012
I think something cooky is about to take place between obama and gej. Obama that was tagged us names,no hyping our morales
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by MMM2(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2012
undecided No be 2day we begin hear dat story
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Rich4god(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2012
Nigeria is blessed, just that we the citizens have the eyes to see the bad side of the country than the good side. Am still baffled how some of our youth can raise more than 500k and take the risk to apply for visa, but if there is a menial business opportunity in their locality that require a capital of less than 100k, they will claim that they dont have money and are not willing to take the risk.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Skywalker5(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2012
Was this not one of the things Bush said back then?
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by free2ryhme: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2012
...facade

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by mikuz(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2012
I lost confidence on Obama long ago. So i aint surprised.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by miteolu(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2012
WHICH OF THE OBAMAs?
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by chyzoo4u(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2012
Something must have triggered this. "No smoke without fire".
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by xtremeidea(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2012
miteolu: WHICH OF THE OBAMAs?

My point Exactly!!! the right question! Therez sometin fishy about this statement!!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2012
He hasn't told us what we don't already know. We must get rid of our corrupt, thieving and visionless leaders for that to happen.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Apesin001: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2012
obama is a specie of homossapiens called presidents...we also have other speies..e.g GEJS,MOBUTUS,IDI AMINS etc what a sweet consolation
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by odomanis: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2012
It is only Nigerians who are yet to see where Jonathan and his team are driving the country to. Obama can say this now because he has seen that GEJ and his team mean business and know what they are doing. He wants to tap in and take part of the glory. The whole world is now rushing to nigeria to invest and be part of the success story which the Transformation agenda is telling. You guys should just watch and see. Just be courageous enough to appologise to GEJ when we get there.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by tunapawizzy: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2012
na wa o...so because obama wan chop beaf, e come dey call cow bros....

5 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2012
I just want USA to come chase French, Italian and British companies out of Nigeria. cool
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by dloy(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2012
No weapon fashioned against NIGERIA shall prosper!!!

7 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Apesin001: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
no be today we don they hear hear all this stories. ... Oya let me begin my own story,,,,, i will become nigeria president come 2015. Abi u no believe. Till then enjoy fresh air

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by 2gbasky22(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
NA WASH!

Come to thing of it who cares?
I see dis as a plot to meek dis sorry nation dry like neva b4. And i knw our so callee leaders will to happy to accept it without thinking.......smh

GOOD BLESS MY HEAD!
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Presidentcarter: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
this is called political and neo-colonialism brouhaha.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Series22(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
Price of garri on my mind

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by newacca: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
dem get dem way and dem style. Make dem free Naija nah. We know that already. Mr.Obama go and manage America and leave Africa and Nigeria for us. angry
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Talk2naija(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2012
I believe Him that we are going to be better soon.. But we don't need his damn speech.. He condemned us to visit Ghana..... God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by CeaserB: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2012
[size=17pt]Na Today?
On To The Next One O Jare![/size] grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? / Tribunal Grants Ize-iyamu And PDP Order To Inspect Election Materials / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Intercepted Close To An IDP Camp In Borno.Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.