Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ (1338 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / I’m Most Criticised President In The World – Jonathan / I Am The World’s Most Criticised President – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Idokojimmy: 5:11am On Aug 28, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday said he was the most criticised President in the whole world and vowed to become the most praised before he left office.
Jonathan however absolved himself of any blame for the country’s problems for which he said he had become an object of criticism.
“I think I am the most criticised President in the whole world, but I want to tell this audience that before I leave I will be the most praised President,” he said at the opening of the 52nd Annual General of the Nigerian Bar Association at the International Conference Centre in Abuja.
He added, “Sometimes, I ask, were there roads in this country and Jonathan brought flood to destroy the roads?
“Was there power and Jonathan brought hurricane to wipe it out?
“If Boko Haram is that of poverty in the North, were there farms and Jonathan brought tsunami and drought to destroy them? Within two years – is that possible?

“But what I can tell Nigerians is, ‘let those talking keep talking, time will tell.’”
The keynote speaker at the event, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese, had earlier picked holes in the 1999 Constitution and said the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was the most powerful President in the world.
Kukah also said a messiah was needed in the country, but he emphasised that the identity of the messiah was still unknown.
The President’s spokesman, Reuben Abati, had in an article in The Guardian newspaper on Sunday defended Jonathan against insinuations that he was a drunk and glutton.
Abati wrote, “We are not allowed to touch alcohol. Alcohol is not served during official duties. Yes, when there is an international function, wine is served, but nobody gets drunk around here (Presidency). That will amount to an act of indiscipline.
“The President himself does not allow alcohol to be served at his table. But when you go to social network media, they tell you something else. Lies. Lies. Lies.”
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Aug 28, 2012
This man is way too concerned with what people say and less on getting the job done. sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Pysam(m): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Time ll tell if gej is our messiah
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by PrettyRita(f): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2012
I believe Gej is trying, within 1yr, he has studied and addressed some key issues like improved power supply, electoral reform, aand so on. I feel if he enjoys our goodwill, he will be poised to do more. Let's be patient. We Women are gradually having our pride of place in governance too. It will be Wellwith nigeria
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by otunbaneyo09(m): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2012
Na so you talk say you go capture boko haram for almost 3months na wey you talk am you never capture dem.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by badlucky: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2012
Some of us are still hopeful. Gej carry go. My people say between. Two farm land, the most fertile is always known at harvest Season. We shall see
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by badlucky: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2012
Some of us are still hopeful. Gej carry go. My people say between two farm land, the most fertile is always known at harvest Season. We shall see
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Israelmossaic: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2012
To be fair to him, Gej is trying. Even though I belong to a diffrent group, I feel he will do better than the rest. But we will be the best
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2012
Israelmossaic: To be fair to him, Gej is trying. Even though I belong to a diffrent group, I feel he will do better than the rest. But we will be the best
sorry which group do you belong? Boko Haram?
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Biggyd2: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2012
That might go into the Guinness Book of Records. GEJ is famous. Seriously, just Do the job and see what will happen. I wonder what Mr. G. Bush will have to say to GEJ's statement.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by tennyalad(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2012
All the best
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Olaolufred(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2012
Work! Work!! Work!!!
And earn that love.
Talks don't work,
But works do talk.

1 Like

Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Idokojimmy: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2012
otunbaneyo09: Na so you talk say you go capture boko haram for almost 3months na wey you talk am you never capture dem.
But him d try sha, u dey on Generator again? Na GEJ handwork. U no hear say OSHIOMOLE win election as opposition, na GEJ reform. Leave am jare
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2012
Kobojunkie: This man seems way too concerned with what people say and less on getting the job done. sad sad sad sad sad

Thats simply the way of the Retardeen.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by HammedSodiqq: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

Watch it, IBB has threatened to expose your Boss and his allies, very soon we will know who the retardeen is. Wonder why people can't be objective for once. In no time he has fixed certain things, yet ingrate won't clap that filthy hands.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
Watch it, IBB has threatened to expose your Boss and his allies, very soon we will know who the retardeen is. Wonder why people can't be objective for once. In no time he has fixed certain things, yet ingrate won't clap that filthy hands.

Firstly, Buhari is no boss of mine.
Secondly when has the words of the Retardeen's father, IBB himself the great maradonnaa been held in high esteem by you?
cant u see that u are an hypocrite.
Again, Expose buhari for all i care if there is anything to expose. You dont even need to say it before u do it. JUST DO IT. Just like the retardeen that will talk first before he acts, i now know here the traits comes from.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by HammedSodiqq: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

Firstly, Buhari is no boss of mine.
Secondly when has the words of the Retardeen's father, IBB himself the great maradonnaa been held in high esteem by you?
cant u see that u are an hypocrite.
Again, Expose buhari for all i care if there is anything to expose. You dont even need to say it before u do it. JUST DO IT. Just like the retardeen that will talk first before he acts, i now know here the traits comes from.
You support Buhari with all vigor and still not call him boss, shameful. You don't find fault in him even when you claim that you have the interest of this nation at heart. He threatened blood shed, you praised him, when the post election violence orchestrated by CPC claimed lives and destroyed properties, you were at his feet chanting the warrior anthem. Jonathan is fixing power, no thumbs up, has fixed electoral matters, no Welldone, he is working on infrastructure, and exposing crooks, no praises yet Boko Harams will be here peddling falsehood. Aproko people
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
You support Buhari with all vigor and still not call him boss, shameful.

Actually, u should be shameful of ursef because u just told the whole world that u dont know the meaning of Boss. ODE.

You don't find fault in him even when you claim that you have the interest of this nation at heart.

Prove that i regard Buhari a saint in any of my previous post or else keep shut and spare me ur rants

He threatened blood shed, you praised him,

He WARNED of crisis if elections are rigged and that i believe is in line. A killer member by name Atiku was the one that declared that he will make the nation ungovernable during PDP primaries

when the post election violence orchestrated by CPC claimed lives and destroyed properties, you were at his feet chanting the warrior anthem.

You seems to know who orchestrated the violence that led to the death of those innocent corpers. The Retardeen's security agents are yet to even prosecute one single soul for the carnage. Share ur intelligence with the authorities or else those corpers will die in vain. Even if its Buhari, let him face justice and spare me ur thrash

Jonathan is fixing power, no thumbs up, has fixed electoral matters, no Welldone, he is working on infrastructure, and exposing crooks, no praises yet Boko Harams will be here peddling falsehood. Aproko people

EEdiot, i noticed marginal increase in my area as regards power and its on record i still gave kudos as appropriate (though maginal) however recent events sugest that the little progress we have seen so far is dependent on rain so anytime from now i will be withdrawing my kudos.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by HammedSodiqq: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]
It is shameful that you have straight jacketed yourself to perhaps one meaning, even in the face of linguistic dynamism. In Logic, there is what is popularly known as stipulative definition. This reminds us that language assumes non static posture. Consequently, linguists use a particular word to mean so many things. This again opens up another important issue in Language called contextualism, which basically tells us to look at the context of usage and get our meaning. Heheheheehe
If you really want to know what Boss means, it refers a politician who controls a party or party machine( free online dictionary), this is just one meaning of Boss, and it suits this context.
I used it within this context because you appear to defend what Buhari represents. if you are denying his philosophy, do that maturedly. Must we use abusive words? Hmmmmmm.
Nlanders, can't we have people that will just approach issues based on their merit? Logicians will say fallacy of Argumentum ad hominen
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by bubadaniel13: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

I think you need to see a psyche,cos you are suffering from paralysis of analysis....
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by bubadaniel13: 10:53am On Aug 28, 2012
GEJ just work and ignore the criticisms,Nigeria's problems didn't start from your tenure,u just inherited them,do your best and leave the rest to God...
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
[s]It is shameful that you have straight jacketed yourself to perhaps one meaning, even in the face of linguistic dynamism. In Logic, there is what is popularly known as stipulative definition. This reminds us that language assumes non static posture. Consequently, linguists use a particular word to mean so many things. This again opens up another important issue in Language called contextualism, which basically tells us to look at the context of usage and get our meaning. Heheheheehe
If you really want to know what Boss means, it refers a politician who controls a party or party machine( free online dictionary), this is just one meaning of Boss, and it suits this context.
I used it within this context because you appear to defend what Buhari represents. if you are denying his philosophy, do that maturedly. Must we use abusive words? Hmmmmmm.
Nlanders, can't we have people that will just approach issues based on their merit? Logicians will say fallacy of Argumentum ad hominen[/s]

All these madness display because i believe u dont know the meaning of boss (i still dont think u kno sha even in this context). Anyway, it seems as if u have no issues with my other comments. grin grin
Lets get back to topic and if Buhari is guilty of anything, let the Retardeen put him in jail, simple cool he is just lamenting unnecessarily
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
bubadaniel13: I think you need to see a psyche,cos you are suffering from paralysis of analysis....

and to u, u have spoken right? ODE.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by badlucky: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

All these madness display because i believe u dont know the meaning of boss (i still dont think u kno sha even in this context). Anyway, it seems as if u have no issues with my other comments. grin grin
Lets get back to topic and if Buhari is guilty of anything, let the Retardeen put him in jail, simple cool he is just lamenting unnecessarily
Hehehehehe, Demdem don run from grammar. E be like that guy fit u o.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by usmanyaro17: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

and to u, u have spoken right? ODE.
Haba Demdem,can't you be positive for once,must you always see things from the negative sides?pls don't be abusive,let's look at issues not personalities and abuses...Nigeria is for all of us,let's be hopeful
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by usmanyaro17: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Work hard and prove them wrong GEJ..your actions will go a long way in turning your fortunes around...
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
PrettyRita: I believe Gej is trying, within 1yr, he has studied and addressed some key issues like improved power supply, electoral reform, aand so on. I feel if he enjoys our goodwill, he will be poised to do more. Let's be patient. We Women are gradually having our pride of place in governance too. It will be Wellwith nigeria

Please stop disgracing womanhood(Assuming you are a female, and you are not one of the newest members of the 40-laptop touts as I see you moniker is already all over the suspect threads on here)

a) Jonathan Goodluck has had more than 2 1/2 years to work.

b) Improved Power supply on the back of Power plants by the Obasanjo administration

c) There are no indications that the 35% women in Government promise has been achieved or even worked on. Jonathan made that promise without telling exactly how it would be done. Women in Government would mean that the Nigerian people would have to vote these women in or was his plan to FORCE/RIG them into office or something? If he meant women in positions in government offices, then, would that then mean all of them would be brought in at the federal level(something that is yet to happen given the percentage we are talking of here) or is he going to force the states to employ 35% female force into high office? Again, the man never explained exactly what he meant by that and how exactly he was going to achieve it. So unless you have good indicators showing that he has accomplished it or has actually worked on it, I suggest you stop disgracing womanhood by spreading these unverified tales.

1 Like

Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
badlucky:
Hehehehehe, Demdem don run from grammar. E be like that guy fit u o.

grin grin grin

To be honest, i didnt even finish reading the dolt's post. wettin we dey discuss and the guy just dey yarn unnecessarily. Abegii, dis na politics section, no be grammar class jare. grin grin
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
usmanyaro17: Haba Demdem,can't you be positive for once,must you always see things from the negative sides?pls don't be abusive,let's look at issues not personalities and abuses...Nigeria is for all of us,let's be hopeful

Nothing in my comments so far suggests pessimism bro. The retardeen isnt the first leader to be criticised and he will surely not be the last. I dont even expect it to affect his giving democracy dividends to Nigerians. Its only results that will shut the mouth of critics not lamentation. The earlier the retardeen knows this the better.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by usmanyaro17: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2012
Demdem:

Nothing in my comments so far suggests pessimism bro. The retardeen isnt the first leader to be criticised and he will surely not be the last. I dont even expect it to affect his giving democracy dividends to Nigerians. Its only results that will shut the mouth of critics not lamentation. The earlier the retardeen knows this the better.
maybe your suggestions can work,what do u think GEJ should do to get it right?since criticism is not working?
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
usmanyaro17: maybe your suggestions can work,what do u think GEJ should do to get it right?since criticism is not working?

Are you certain criticism is not working? So far, it seems Jonathan is paying attention . . . maybe too much attention as he seems to be distracted now by what the critics says(something that happens to everyone who takes up a leadership position). But what would one expect from a man who has most all of his life never really exuded any of the qualities of a good leader.

The man seems to be dealing with(looking out for) one distraction(something to blame his lack of action on), or another - anything to keep him whining about why the job is hard for him, even with all the resources available to him. First it was that he was not elected,and that the "CABAL" was making things hard for him, then he got elected, and it became Boko Haram. Boko Haram has now become the norm for many Nigerians, but our President has quickly found for himself a new distraction -- critics.
Re: I'm The World's Most Criticised President But Will Become The Most Loved- GEJ by Demdem(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
usmanyaro17: maybe your suggestions can work,what do u think GEJ should do to get it right?since criticism is not working?

Bro, Criticisms is perfectly working and it reaches him perfectly. If not dogs like Okupe wont be hired of recent. he wont even be making the comments he is making. besides, criticism is normal and not peculiar to naija alone.

In my on little way, i have made suggestions and will continue to but who am i that the retardeen will listen to. besides, suggestions are being proffered daily by the political class and the question is how much of these suggestions do the Retardeen take note of? A man that surrounds himself with liars, thieves, murderers and killers etc will never have any respect or spot any good suggestion.
Bet u me, Criticms works better than suggestions in this regard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exporting Nigerian Culture To Asia.(what Do You Think About This Picture?) / Air Force Jet Hit By Boko-haram Missile In Borno... / Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.