Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards (1337 Views)

INEC Reschedules Assembly Poll In Eight Bayelsa Constituencies / Anambra Election: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards To Sunday / Anambra: INEC Reschedules Voting In 65 Wards To Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has rescheduled election in 65 wards in Obosi in Idemili North Local Government Area for Sunday.

Voting could not hold in the wards due to late arrival of materials and other logistics challenges.

Electoral Commissioner (REC) Prof Chukwuemeka Onukogu made the announcement in a statement issued in Awka on Saturday.

The statement, signed by the Public Relations Officer Frank Egbo said the rescheduling was due to “challenges of logistics” in the areas.

“Any inconveniences are highly regretted,” the statement added.
Onukogu said the rescheduled election will hold at Obosi Registration Area, Ward 07.

The election will hold between 8am and 12.30pm.

INEC urged all parties to get ready for the poll.

The disenfranchisement of voters marred the election in Idemili North and South Local Government Areas due to lack of voting materials, incomplete voters’ registers, and lack results sheets.

In centres where over 600 people registered, only about 100 or less found their names in the registers.

Some of the voters were told that additional list containing more names of registered persons would be brought, but none came.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=132232
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Harmvirus(f): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
Better.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by thinkdip(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
It's not over yet. It's a fight to the finish.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Sunofgod(m): 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
The drama continues . . .
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
thinkdip: www.nairaland.com/1520178/inec-reschedules-anambra-election

angry Bad formatting and no media source.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Osbem(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
That is good news for the people of Idemili and a show incompetence on the part of Onukogu and co. We pray it is not a way to balance the result for his principals'. Anambra people make Una shine Una eyes wells
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hmmmm.... Rigging things on my mind!

Ngige all the way! tongue
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by thinkdip(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
shachris:

angry Bad formatting and no media source.
Should u copy and paste my post?
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
thinkdip:
Should u copy and paste my post?

wink Osun defender post. Check out the link.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by UyiIredia(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
Very interesting. Eis Anambra election tough I swear. Unlike oda elections eg Edo and Ondo (If I recall right) the winner was clear. Oshiobaba in Edo and Mimiko in Ondo. But I hope Ifeanyi Ubah wins, I am not as knowledgeable of the candidatesand their character, but Ubah stands out for me.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Very interesting. Eis Anambra election tough I swear. Unlike oda elections eg Edo and Ondo (If I recall right) the winner was clear. Oshiobaba in Edo and Mimiko in Ondo. But I hope Ifeanyi Ubah wins, I am not as knowledgeable of the candidatesand their character, but Ubah stands out for me.

from results strolling in, Ubah is very far behind. Its between APGA, APC and surprisingly, PDP.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by thaoriginator: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
berem: Hmmmm.... Rigging things on my mind!

Ngige all the way! tongue
My sister we don win dis election, no fear! Their winch is very small dem never upgrade. Make dem try to rig, na there dem go knw say garri don cost for market.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by grandpoh(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Incompetent fools-INEC
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
grandpoh: Incompetent fools-INEC

They just had Anambra polls to contend with and it is like this. I'm imagining how 2015 would be like.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
I no trust osun defender.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by Kingsley1000(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
I perceived something fishy...They should cancel the whole exercise for the errants...Imagine apga giving out{2k}just to compel people vote for them.Very appaling!
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by UyiIredia(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
shachris:

from results strolling in, Ubah is very far behind. Its between APGA, APC and surprisingly, PDP.

So it seems. I'll check AIT to confirm. One thing is clear APGA, quite sadly given its legacy, is losing, this seems to me to lend credence to FreeGlobe's assertion that Gov. Obi didn't perform well.
Re: Anambra: INEC Reschedules Election In 65 Wards by OAM4J: 12:22am On Nov 17, 2013

(1)

Anambra Guber Aftermath, Ngige Unveils Plans. / Omisore’s Canvassers In Trouble Over Fund…as He Issues Ultimatum For Refund. / CJTF: We Will Deal With Shekau, Soldiers Still In Bama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.