Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (58440 Views)

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by semid4lyfe(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
Tony Tetuila - I really liked some of his old stuff like "Jigijigi", "Omode meta" ft 2Face, BlackFace, ruff, rugged & Raw and "fefenefe" featuring Tic-Tac but the guy has always been wack. Good thing he keeps a low profile and is not so much in our faces these days.

Kenny Saint Brown - No musical talent, her voice irritates me to death, her songs no be am (even Ice Prince & Dagrin collabo's didn't cut it) and I can't stand her pious born-again attitude. Imagine that old mama youngie feeling like one better chic? cool She should thank Egbon Kenny for being on radio and TV at all.

Davido - Hin Paale get kish and fit settle all the tv & radio stations, radio OAP's, DJ's & TV presenters/VJ's but dude is still wack and needs to get a day job like last year.

Elajoe - Dude can't rap to save his life. Little or no rhyming skills, poor lyrical content, bad delivery, poor breath control etc. He's spoilt the few tracks he's been featured in. Jimmy Jatt's "Style" and Thoroughbred's "Streethop" readily come to mind. Funny thing be sey the guy come dey feel like rapper becos hin dey roll with Modenine. grin

Goldie - Heard she was a sorta contractor before and she'd done some work for some telecom companies. She'd better get a 9-5 job ASAP cos she no go make am with music. No be curse but na FACT! smiley
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Leefem: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
What of Tuface and D'banj ?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
JUST COS U DISLIKE SOMEONE DOESNT MEAN HE'S WACK..ICEPRINCE WILL DO FAR MUCH MORE BETTER THAN ALL DS YANKEE ACTS...HE'S GOT BRAINS THAN U
AND I DISAGREE WITH THE REST OF UR LIST
Chedarking: Most Nigerian 'artistes' should be on that list.
So many of them lack actual talent...

Ice Prince is just a Wack Rapper, I strugle to understand why he is allowed to represent the Choc city brand.

Dr Sid is another wack artiste. And so is D'banj. Yes I said it...D'banj and his Oyato Wackness.

A lot of these guys would never be heard if they didn't bribe Nigerian Radio DJs... undecided
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Abeg wat about 2face
untouchable!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by yme1(f): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
Naeto c lipsrsealed
And I think the tuface idibia hype is too much abeg
W 4: make that dude relax him market go sell wella for roll on promo
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
akraym: If others won’t say it, we will. We are tired of wack artistes being embraced as the real deal. Some acts who parade themselves as the next best thing are really people with no talent who are hell bent on being famous and blocking the way for talented people in an already over-saturated industry.

These artistes can have meaningful day jobs. Not everyone can be a singer, rapper or entertainer. These guys we have listed below need to do us a favour and drop the mic and leave music to the folks who have talent.

1) Flowssickk:
Don’t let the pretty boy looks fool you; Flowssickk knows much about music like our first lady knows about the English language. His debut single “Lowkey” was based off a Wizkid line and didn’t pop until the Clarence Peters video came out. His follow-up single “Ringtone” is languishing in nowhere-ville. Flowssickk doesn’t really offer much musically. When his wack bars couldn’t cut it he switched to pop music. With lines such as “she dey use MTN but I give her the Glo” Flowssickk should quit the music scene go back to school and come out with a degree, hopefully.

2) Tunde Ednut:
When this dude came on the scene, he “claimed” to be a comedian who had won several awards in the UK. The funny thing is that Mr. Tunde hasn’t pursued his stand-up comedy trade in Nigeria which has a more lucrative industry. The young man has decided to pursue a career in music. Well the good news is that his songs will crack your ribs. They are funny (and wack) as hell! Clearly we can all see Tunde Ednut is a struggle artiste but yet he remains hell bent on making Nigerians suffer. Don’t be fooled by “Catching Cold” remix, Tunde Ednut cannot crack a joke and crack the music charts. My guy you need a day job, we heard Dangote is hiring with good pay too.

3) Sina Rambo:
OMG! Sina Rambo is the epitome of wackness in rap music. Kids in kindergarten classes have better rhymes. His delivery is poor and wordplay is non-existent. This guy shouldn’t be labeled as a rapper. His level of wackness is yet to be qualified. The only reason why this guy has a record deal is because he is related to the minimally talented Davido. I fear for the worst in that family. Sina go back to school, get a degree and run of the companies in your rich family’s portfolio.

4) B-Red:
It’s hard to believe that two brothers can be on the same level of wackness. It happens every 9,000 years. B-Red and Sina Rambo are the one in every 9,000 years. No need to write much on B-Red. The same applies to him to. He is as wack as his brother.

5) Dencia:
We ain’t even going to front, Dencia is eye candy. The only problem is that her songs make you want to cut your ears. No female artiste blatantly uses sex appeal to further her career like Dencia. There is nothing wrong in this if her songs are good. They are not! Career advice Dencia, the video vixen industry is popping in Nigeria, we feel your talents are required there. Singing is not in your foreseeable future or in any future for that matter. Please leave the mic alone

lol never heard of them but their names alone make me laugh. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Saintsquare(m): 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
rozayx5: Viewing this topic: tunnamaniah(m), Alim.toheeb, teeboss(m), bily, teeo(m), Chinedu Nlem(m), abbeymighty(m), Toya_tc, Ifloxy(f), buty, Gidisbug, midasfx, Hobbynarh, spako4(m), Az-creativ, Paulego(m), ikiller, topazjosh, elo thaddi(m), MizEmerald(f), sureboykris(m), ayo jango(m), omo-nla(m), olenyi(m), makizee(m), ijawkid(m), Jayloy, Yujin(m), pistol, punta(f), meedx, sapien(m), tundelomo, rozayx5(m), dr slem, ichommy(m), danitolelemoi(m), Mastino, lurojohn, Jarnik, Richiy(f), zaachi, peggycious(f), gudnex22, Eking, Julesbloom, Hardeyoye, chiketee(m), fregur, Bright...(f), vinibabe, Coefficient(m), sheedy407(m), Loveaflame(m), dhudhex(m), sample042(m), speeder(m), yungmullah, gaby(m), Jiggyronnie, meekas(m), 6fut+, amygreat24(f), Fraba(m), ifeness(m), noblefrank31(m), mruknaijaboy(m), oluplus, Ekwy Omalicha, Taiwo20(m), wizzyduru, rusher14, dopeJemi(m), Mayydee(f), Josh090, mmadueze(m), CECOM, Chuks84(m) and 85 guest(s)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ See Ladies and Gentlemen at this time of the night, i personally will not call any musician wack cause i know the guy that started this thread cant even write one line of lyrics and turn it into a song, so mr thread starter what is the name of your album, and how many people did you beg to buy a copy, before i accept your so called wack musicians, if this is what is paying them, let them do it, how many jobs did your so called Nigeria Create for them, dont you know that some of them are there for the money hence the are wack but they achieve what you cant achieve from their wackness, stop beefing and get a job bro, we already have a long line on the minimum wage grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Its good to know there s still some straight up dude in this forum,I was shocked when I heard the critics on Naeto C.He had a tough time mixing music with his Msc in a reputable university and still came out tall.Some comments are purely on hatred and not about talent.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by slimghost(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
All I can is thank God for letting me witness the era of good music in Nigeria. No wonder I still prefer my Onyeka Onwenu,Edna Ogholi,Christy Igbokwe,Mike Ejeagha,Okonkwo Asah e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ayobase(m): 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
Leobreezy: You forgot 2 mention Maleke'(wat d hell is mini mini wana wana?!), Terry G(bcuz screaming like a deranged cow is nt music), bracket(one-hit wonders), and idris abdul kareem(is he still alive sef?!)

Among them...Terry G sabi what music is all about....no try the guy for score-sheet o.....that guy is damn good.....forget abt those akapako tinz!
Idris Abdulkareem will always remain a pace-setter.....he should be awarded for a life-time achievement!
Naija, all we need is party jamz....beatz , but lyrics!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Willzkid(m): 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
I stopped paying attention to secular Nigerian music the moment styl-plus stopped making hits...I think the industry is designed to stifle real talents....now it's just about dance and beats, no deep lyrics, no appreciation of rich vocals
We still have some good guys like praiz,timi, asa (even though I think she's a bit over-hyped), and some few others. 2face, MI are also good, but I won't buy their albums..some of their songs are too suggestive.

For now I can stay all day listening to my home boy Nosa Omoregie the talented gospel singer that gifted us "always pray for you", "A star", "I go stay", "No worry" and now, "open doors"...This guy is a complete package
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
My problem with him is that he takes himself too seriously. . . . . . . . And do you think he has a problem with that? If you dont take yourself seriously, i wonder who will!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
Chedarking: And so is D'banj. Yes I said it...D'banj and his Oyato Wackness.

I guess U just wanted to make unnecessary trouble with this silly post of urs,so,av fun kid.Okay?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by cblue: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
I agree wit ur post but wen u mentioned necto c am finkn der iz h8trd in d air bro
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by cooltony: 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: (1) SERIKI

(2) OMO AKIN

(3) SHINA RAMBO

(4) B-RED

(5) K.SWITCH

Seriki sucks..but I dnt knw y I av most of his songs on my fone...talent-nil,rhymes-my rummates re far beta dan him..but I lyk him sha...i wonder hw persn fit stupid reach dat level wey d guy dey...
'omode yii njo bi eniti ejo san je'...
buh he s d hero in my rum..
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
1. That mumu Goldie of a girl, the girl no know work at all...she shuld spend more time in prezzo's kitchen.
2. Iceberg Slim: should hawk gala
3. Olamide: Him jazz don dey clear small small
4. Mode 9: this dude still doesn't get it that the hardcore thingy doesn't work in 9ja
5. KSB: Werin oldmama dey find for playgroud?
I just remembered some silly artists of the early 2000's... Has anybody heard news from Azadus and Jazzman Olofin?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
flanrey: 1. That mumu Goldie of a girl, the girl no know work at all...she shuld spend more time in prezzo's kitchen.
4. Mode 9: this dude still doesn't get it that the hardcore thingy doesn't work in 9ja
I just remembered some silly artists of the early 2000's... Has anybody heard news from Azadus and Jazzman Olofin?
iceberg slim, wtf shocked 2 me he z d best rapper in 9ja, d guy's accent z wow, d guy gud abeg
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by timilehin007(m): 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seriously you guys need 2get a lyf oo..i remember my pastor gave us a prayer point one day dat we should pray that what ever God has destine us to become for good in lyf no matter or we do it we should prosper in doing it. You guys are here hating and posting trashes. Those people doesnt even know if anyone of you exit, they are all out there making fame and money. Imagine one idiot says Pasoma is Wack mtcheeee he is famous around the world more than each and everyone of you state governors. You will all end like story for beefing others glory. Just imagine in Western world, what is Lil wayne, Drake, Eminem, Nicki Minaj and the likes, what are they singing yet they are well known by you and I and there peeps cherish them and you retards are here beefing your own peepz...one punk even amazed me by saying D'banj self-service and another said Ice prince..you guys need thorough orientation you still reason with the little head btw your legs.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by GetOvaMe: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
some Naija dudes don't give a sh1t 'bout lyrics, all they wanna hear is a beat and thats it.. . 4 me 2face Idibia is the greatest thing dat happend to music in Africa. . 11years and still unstopable, He's talent is undisputable, being the only nigerian musician whose song was used as a soundtrack for an american m0vie (Phat Girls) dats en0ugh to sh0w his worth. . . .Asa, and Mi are grt , . VECTOR is insane, Bez is d future, brym0 's got a great voice, Skales gotta do more. .. As 4 The aforementioned guys, i cant believe so many pple could knw them and i've never heard of dem.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by obowunmi(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
flanrey: 1. That mumu Goldie of a girl, the girl no know work at all...she shuld spend more time in prezzo's kitchen.

Hehehhehee....
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
timilehin007: Seriously you guys need 2get a lyf oo..i remember my pastor gave us a prayer point one day dat we should pray that what ever God has destine us to become for good in lyf no matter or we do it we should prosper in doing it. You guys are here hating and posting trashes. Those people doesnt even know if anyone of you exit, they are all out there making fame and money. Imagine one idiot says Pasoma is Wack mtcheeee he is famous around the world more than each and everyone of you state governors. You will all end like story for beefing others glory. Just imagine in Western world, what is Lil wayne, Drake, Eminem, Nicki Minaj and the likes, what are they singing yet they are well known by you and I and there peeps cherish them and you retards are here beefing your own peepz...one punk even amazed me by saying D'banj self-service and another said Ice prince..you guys need thorough orientation you still reason with the little head btw your legs.
guy exit dis thread, u r sooo outta point,,
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
Get_Ova_Me: some Naija dudes don't give a sh1t 'bout lyrics, all they wanna hear is a beat and thats it.. . 4 me 2face Idibia is the greatest thing dat happend to music in Africa. . 11years and still unstopable, He's talent is undisputable, being the only nigerian musician whose song was used as a soundtrack for an american m0vie (Phat Girls) dats en0ugh to sh0w his worth. . . .Asa, and Mi are grt , . VECTOR is insane, Bez is d future, brym0 's got a great voice, Skales gotta do more. .. As 4 The aforementioned guys, i cant believe so many pple could knw them and i've never heard of dem.
u've said it all my broda
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Adanyebe(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
here is more of the list
1. Shina Rambo 14. Jaywon
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
5. D Prince 19. Mc Collins
6. Terry G 20. Muna
7. KC Presh 21. Mallam Spicey
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee
12. Rock Steady 26. Maleki
13. Skales 27. Basket mouth
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
and the list goes on and on
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dejijohns(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2012
I tink I'l jst beg u guys 2 lif al dis supose wanna be artist alone in d industry, cos if u add dem 2 d numbas of unemployed graduate on ground alrdy, I tink we ar headed 4 disaster. Nd do u tink dey ll mak it elsewhr if dey cnt even mak it in our wack music industry dat jst nids beat nd nt meaningful lyrics?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Saintsquare(m): 12:07am On Sep 02, 2012
Adanyebe: here is more of the list
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
6. Terry G 20. Muna
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
Eldee ?I disagree.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2012
10 artist off the track.
1.Eddriz
2.Clever jay
3.Ajasa
4.Olu maintain
5.Jay 1
6.Tony tetula
7.Davido
8.D'price
9.K switch
10.azadus
........Dbanj ll soon join the list.....
Thank God,I never get to know the Shina rambo you re all talking about....another reason for thanksgiving.....I hate listening to dump ass and music with no content...
That's why I ll rather listening to Danfo driver rather than Dbanj....
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Vansnickers: 12:10am On Sep 02, 2012
phemi01: Don't 4get to add
olamide- stupid, noise making, Lazy second sch drop-out.
Mr koni koni luv. With his cross eye.

Da suspect is 1 stupid arrogant wack animal.

Maleke shud be jailed 4 doing music.

Tunde nut head has been desperate 4 fame since his UNI days. He'll do any rubbish 4 cheap fame.

Dokinta SID is d least talented of d Mavin group.

Chidinma of project fame is another rubbish musician. She won't last at all.

Not 4getin aunty sasha P. - yea I'm going to d river! yea! to fetch sme water! Cme check me out. U go tire 4 round 1! Na rap be that?

What makes this Girl Whack??!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nmeri17: 12:11am On Sep 02, 2012
Esss:

Free SKY B abeg..

That guy was the definition of fluke.. That his jam 'Ma babe' pronounced 'Man bay bay', was a fluke that would have slipped under the radar until he decided to make a video and put out an album.. Jesus.. His video snapped people out of the foolish trance that Ma babe had put them in..

Anyways, the nigga is no more

lwkm4h o!i tort that sonq xisted only on my street
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 12:14am On Sep 02, 2012
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
6. Terry G 20. Muna
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee i totally disagree with u 4 skales,eldee,muna n ikechukwu
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by cantell(m): 12:15am On Sep 02, 2012
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
6. Terry G 20. Muna
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
Eldee & Nigga Raw shouldn't be on that list. Pls remove them.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by sleekydot: 12:24am On Sep 02, 2012
mruknaijaboy:

I agree no talent what so ever

my next three I would add to the list in order are:

3. Naeato C - I think he absolutely sucks as a rapper

2.Vic.O - I dont even need to justify

1.Speed Darlington - This guys saves Vic.O from being the worst nigerian artist ever! check the video below to see what im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uh24FxyB-4

OMG this darlington guy is the wackest of the most wackest of all time.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by sleekydot: 12:27am On Sep 02, 2012
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
6. Terry G 20. Muna
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
Nonsense. . . . If Eldee is wack, then u have a problem with ur hears.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.