Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit (17505 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Using A Woman As Your Best Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by omoilewa(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
A newly married woman, Mrs. Ify Anyanwu has arrested and charged to a Lagos court her husband’s bestman, Chris Abasuonu for assaulting her when she demanded the suit he wore as her husband’s bestman during their wedding.

The 31- year old Chris was charged before Apapa Magistrate’s court where he was remanded in prison custody.

Trouble started between the couple and Chris on their wedding day.

P.M.NEWS learnt that Chris started demanding N11,000 from Ify’s husband, saying that was the amount he spent on sewing his suit for the wedding.

When the woman heard it, she felt embarrassed and shocked over Chris’ attitude just as the couple was settling down after the wedding.

She reportedly gave him the money and asked him to return the suit since he had collected the money.

Though Chris said he collected the money, he did not return the suit.

According to Ify, after the wedding, Chris started telling neighbours that her husband borrowed money for their wedding.

She said Chris later started demanding from them the money he used to sew the suit on their wedding day, threatening to embarrass them publicly.

“We raised the money and gave him and asked him to return the suit,” she said.

She said after waiting in vain for him to return it, she went to his house at 74, Yaya Crescent, Olodi Apapa, Lagos to collect it.

Ify said when she knocked and entered his room and told him her mission, he locked her inside his room and held her neck and pushed her to the wall.

She said she started shouting for help before their neighbours intervened.

In his defence, Chris told P.M.NEWS that he had an agreement with Ify’s husband that he will pay him the money after the wedding.

He said he only demanded his money before the wife got angry and came to his house to demand for the suit.

The action of Chris landed him in court where he is facing a three-count charge of assault, false imprisonment and stealing.

The offences he committed are contrary to Sections 166, 171 and 285 of the Criminal Code Law of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.

After he pleaded not guilty, the Magistrate, Mrs. A. K. Shonubi, granted him bail in the sum of N30,000 with one surety in like sum.

The matter was adjourned till 25 September, 2012, while Chris was remanded in prison custody until he meets his bail condition.

—Cyriacus Izuekwe
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/28/couple-sends-bestman-to-prison-over-wedding-suit/

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by jonath0012(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
hmmmm......... wedding palava
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Chanchit: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Awon ASHIARABA the senior brother of ASHIERE... Anyway make the magistrate add 3k to the money, then give the guy the 33k contract of getting him 3 suits..

4 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by slimyem: 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
lol.
Ends shall never wonder...
The silly Chris will end up spending times ten of what he refused to pay before getting out of this mess..
...and the couple would curse him any and everytime they flip thru their wedding album and see him in the pictures!
Goodluck to them all!

12 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by cindyrella(f): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
Na wao!
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Mynd44: 6:18am On Aug 29, 2012
The fool should have just returned the darned suit

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Flygeriana(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
Som pipu no get sense shaaa!
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by itiswell1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
I laugh in swahili. I believe this is a rented bestman.

5 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by sunnshyn(f): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
How come its the woman handling the issue? Where's the head of house(husband)?

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by BabaEleko(m): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chanchit: Awon ASHIARABA the senior brother of ASHIERE... Anyway make the magistrate add 3k to the money, then give the guy the 33k contract of getting him 3 suits..

I don die oooooo o o o o o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by free2ryhme: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
sunnshyn: How come its the woman handling the issue? Where's the head of house(husband)?

e don reach money matter you dey look for the head of the house abi... you did not say anything near expenses concerning the wedding. She is defending her husband. What can you do she is your age .. Abeg park well
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by miteolu(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
Act 1 scene 3
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Cleverley(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
There is something missing in this story. Chris got issue with the bride even before the said wedding.
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by NobleAngell(f): 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Much ado about nuffin! undecided
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Enoquin(f): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
ROTFLMAO...talk of foolishness to the core...30k plus court appearances when the suit should just have been returned...

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Emerald120(f): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
chris, if dey teach u lesson one u ll leearn lesson two by urself... by d way dis iyawo no dey carry last at all.

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by alaoeri: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thought best man used to be some1 close to the couples or why 'll the best man acted like this, na wah oh orisirisi.
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by buoye1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
you stole the news from naij.com@poster
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by ebamma(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
when the best man becomes the bad man

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by tessyade: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
What a funny story! The same man who could not let go of 11,000 for suit will pay 30,000 for bail for force. SMH
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by aduje(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
Aunty Ify, pls be careful. your marriage is just too young to begin to go into legal tussles. I believe the bestman is a friend to you, your husband or both of you. Why not look at the past with the future in mind. The cost of the suit is much more than the undue publicity your marital life is getting. DO NOT FORGET WE ARE STILL AFRICANS.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by freecocoa(f): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mstcheew.

So people still dey borrow money take do wedding?Abi i no understand wetin the tori talk ni?

Btw what kinda best man is that one? i thought someone's best man is usually his good friend or brother as the case may be, this one get as e be sha undecided
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by cama: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
See proverty

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
Good for him. Dis is just a typical naija man, not having respect for a woman. Even wen d lady is a married woman.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by snthesis(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
some women can be so troublesome- instead of letting her husband handle d matter, she dey form wonderwoman undecided

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by bonna4u(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
Why did the lady take it personal? Abi is she the groom? I pity her husband. He is in for a rough ride.

1 Like

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by proudlyafrican(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
It`s quite a sad news.Think before you act and not act before you think..Life has thought me how to let things go especially when my existence does not depend on it.Chris was quite immature and inconsiderate,i hope at the next hearing of the case his lawyer will give the court a reasonable explanation why he did not return the suit after he has been paid for it.The Nigerian Psyche.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by basisop(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
That woman is the problem. She had the guts to enter the man's room to demand for the suit in this era of loose rapist. I can imagine what she spewed out while asking for the suit. I pity the husband because this woman is a trouble maker. She will take the fight to her in-laws soon.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Exponental(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
Greed re-defined!
Re: Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit by Sijo01(f): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
buoye1: you stole the news from naij.com@poster

doz it mata?

@topic, i thought bestman was suppose to be a right hand pal to the groom before he is choosen to best him....... I guess the groom know's nothing about the bestman @all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Dislike About Yourself....come In & Share.... / Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.