Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! (10255 Views)

State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - / Amazing Video Of Abuja-kaduna Railway Construction / Mambila Hydroelectric Power, Abuja-kaduna Railway Projects, Makes Top 100 Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by UnimkeAk(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: when other countries are building rockets and travelling to mars,we are here clapping our hands for gej for repairing some molue trains.
_
THunder fire u- which other countries And who traveled to mars?? The curiosity rover that NASA sent to explore mars is unmanned_ Ode!
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2012
Mr man,train do function in Niger and Kaduna since 2009,u can ask anyone dat live in Minna and Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by dedeike: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: Railway is the one ministry I know has been working since 2009. This is one ministry that ought to get kudos when it comes to getting work done.

Must you advertise your ignorance? Can't you just keep quiet over issues you don't understand?
Which railway ministry? The one you created and appointed the minister? Haba! Kobojunkie, you should know more than this.

From this post, it's obvious you don't live in Nigeria. You are also paid heavily to derail this government from abroad.

1 Like

Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by thelastPope(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2012
dedeike:

Must you advertise your ignorance? Can't you just keep quiet over issues you don't understand?
Which railway ministry? The one you created and appointed the minister? Haba! Kobojunkie, you should know more than this.

From this post, it's obvious you don't live in Nigeria. You are also paid heavily to derail this government from abroad.

I believe she is a relative of a prominent member of the opposition living in the US. With Nigeria's money of course. Yet she disdains us like roaches. You can see by the amount of time she spends online that she is living off free money and from her posts, she is always trying to ridicule nigeria and Nigerians from her "high" seat somewhere in washington DC. God go catch am one day!
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Charles.nerd:
To those who always ask how political decisions affect the price of garri,below is one of my favorite quotes from Bertolt Brecht ,but I have to paraphrase it to fit into the Nigerian context.

"The worst illiterate is the political illiterate.He hears nothing,sees nothing ,takes no part in political life and always asks how political or economic issues affects the price of garri in the market.He doesn't seem to know that the price of garri,the cost of living,the price of beans ,of flour,of rent,of medicines all depend on political and economic decisions.He even prides himself on his political ignorance,sticks out his chest and asks how events affect the price of garri in the market.He doesn't know,the slowpoke,that from his political non-participation comes the thieving PDP politicians,the crook-in-waiting ACN politicians,the religious bigots at the CPC and the lackeys of exploitative multinational corporations"

So next time you want to ask how political and economic news affect the price of garri,think again.

Young man,you are a slow spoke, are u claiming dat you don't eat garri and eba
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by EPOMA(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2012
Mai-suya:
It was actually never down, so I wonder what we are celebrating. Just that The cabins/capsules were so dilapidated u would think it's for transportation of circus animals in India, yet people still travel on it that way. So unless new lines are built or new engines acquired claiming to rehabilitate those train is like rehabilitation of a MOLUE BUS instead of getting a new BRT BUS.
well said
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Mandelaguy(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2012
Good news. Very good news
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Joetimbs(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2012
Wonder what the Lagos †̥ Kano fare would be ? By the way ℓ̊ hope its a †̥ n fro thng eg Lagos -kano, kano-lagos.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by xyztus(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2012
[quote author=musKeeto]And when southerners say their oil is being used to develop other parts of the country, people go talk say na lie...

you are a tout.ateke tom,and asari dokubo are being paid billions of naira for the rehabiltation of their pockets and you are here talking about southern money.go and tell asari and tompolo to use the billions there are being paid to develop their communities.and please get a life
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Madam, why are you always trying ro derail threads? Are you sure you are not a spambot? Which railway service has been operating since 2009? The one in your village. Since I was born in Nigeria, I have never entered a train because trains don't exist except in Lagos. And the Lagos train has never being my route.

So don't come here spreading lies. This is a new and welcome development and I hope it works well because the impact would be immense. The old rail track ran from Lagos to Kano via Enugu, PH, Maiduguri. I hear the Enugu/PH track will soon be up and running. The FG announced last week they have taking delivery of some number of coaches. Fingers crossed.

um . . . first you would need to tell me exactly where I said railway [b]SERVICE [/b]has been in operation since 2009.

I am likely older than you are since I have actually used the Nigerian Railway Service trains in that same Nigeria. I used to go to school on that train from Lagos to Kwara back when things still worked, and made many summer trips on the same trains, and I can tell that you probably know little of your Nigeria than I do. So, might not be in your best interest to attempt this one.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: Railway is the one ministry I know has been working since 2009. This is one ministry that ought to get kudos when it comes to getting work done.

^^^Kobojunkie, i think someones hacked into your nairaland account undecided.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by joshuakume: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2012
Mai-suya:
It was actually never down, so I wonder what we are celebrating. Just that The cabins/capsules were so dilapidated u would think it's for transportation of circus animals in India, yet people still travel on it that way. So unless new lines are built or new engines acquired claiming to rehabilitate those train is like rehabilitation of a MOLUE BUS instead of getting a new BRT BUS.
Critics never change the world.

1 Like

Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by thelastPope(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . first you would need to tell me exactly where I said railway [b]SERVICE [/b]has been in operation since 2009.

I am likely older than you are since I have actually used the Nigerian Railway Service trains in that same Nigeria. I used to go to school on that train from Lagos to Kwara back when things still worked, and made many summer trips on the same trains, and I can tell that you probably know little of your Nigeria than I do. So, might not be in your best interest to attempt this one.

You know Nigeria and you call Railway a ministry? Ministry of Railway ko, Rilwan ni. You are nothing but a sponsored critic and a relative of a prominent opposition politician sitting in your apartment in Yankee, doing your sponsors bid.

You have no clue of Naija as you have shown in many of your posts. I did say clearly the reason I haven't used Railway in Lagos is because it is not in my route. There are many that use it daily. But for the rest of Naija, railway has been practically dead for centuries. The key routes are Lagos-Enugu, Lagos-Kano, Enugu-PH, Kano-Maiduguri, Enugu-Kano. Am glad most of these routes are being worked on and Nigeria will surely be great again. People like you who don't wish us well, can suck it!

The way you quickly jump into a thread to "make sure" credit doesn't go to GEJ is so hilarious. Like a frightened 7 year old full of jealousy. And to think people don't notice your stup1d hypocrisy and bad belle is even more hilarious! LMAO!
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Josh316(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope: Wow! Minna-Kaduna railway service has taken off finally after like centuries. Hmmm. The Lagos-Ibadan-kano fast rail contract has been signed with chinese firm CCECC. There's something really going on in the country. Its like the GEJ 2013 comment really holds a lot of promise.

Source: AIT news. They even showed the trains and the inside looked really cool. The passengers were very happy about the service

Good news but lets stop deceiving ourselves!
1. the coaches are NOT cool, but really an embarrassment to our Nation. we could do FAR BETTER... this is 2012 not 1967
2. Until Govt Auctions this routes and makes NRC solely a REGULATOR not an operator, all we will get is Mediocrity... we deserve the best.

Having said this, a step forward is still a step but we must demand better quality cos we deserve better wink
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by joshuakume: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: when other countries are building rockets and travelling to mars,we are here clapping our hands for gej for repairing some molue trains.
I dont seem to understand why you seem to fancy negativity,those who make use of the trains are happy,so wats your headache.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Kobojunkie, i think someones hacked into your nairaland account undecided.

Nope . . . . my purpose for that was to make it clear that I was not referring to the ministry as a whole but the particular agency/department of it in charge of the Railway i.e the NRC
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 11:37am On Aug 29, 2012
Josh316:

1. the coaches are NOT cool, but really an embarrassment to our Nation. we could do FAR BETTER... this is 2012 not 1967
2. Until Govt Auctions this routes and makes NRC solely a REGULATOR not an operator, all we will get is Mediocrity... we deserve the best.

Having said this, a step forward is still a step but we must demand better quality cos we deserve better wink

Those coaches, and refurb engines, cost you about 1 billion dollars back in 2009 so you better be happy with those locomotives oo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . first you would need to tell me exactly where I said railway SERVICE [/b]has been in operation since 2009.

I am likely older than you are since I have actually used the Nigerian Railway Service trains in that same Nigeria. I used to go to school on that train from Lagos to[b] Kwara
back when things still worked, and made many summer trips on the same trains, and I can tell that you probably know little of your Nigeria than I do. So, might not be in your best interest to attempt this one.

Kwara...care if i ask which school

UNilorin?
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by thelastPope(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2012
Josh316:

Please try and watch the news item on AIT. The coaches were very nice. They have refurbished the old coaches and provided some new ones. Its step by step. That the route is alive again is such a big step.

The FG has just signed a deal with the chinese for Lagos-Kano. Let's pray it all works out well. Fingers crossed
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2012
mdsocks:

Kwara...care if i ask which school

UNilorin?

I won't reveal that much grin
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
Saddist will never see anything good in what has happened.

Mission; Good or Bad, GEJ must be Condemned. This is Saddism.

Funny enough, Sahara Reporters, don't ever get to report news like this.

I Still believe, we can all make Nigeria work as one.

1 Like

Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by luluosas(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
musKeeto: And when southerners say their oil is being used to develop other parts of the country, people go talk say na lie...
Stop this rubbish of your mouth right now. What stops the government from putting to reality their promised Lagos - Calabar coastal railway line since time immemorial
www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41440:fg-develops-transport-masterplan&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
"He stated that a coastal railway line is being developed from Lagos through Benin, Yenagoa,
Port Harcourt, Aba, Uyo and Calabar, as part of government post amnesty intervention programme".
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by DisGuy: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2012

AGAIN, the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has postponed commencement of train services between Lagos and Kano to “either end of September or first week of October 2012”.

The train services earlier scheduled for take off during the first quarter this year, were postponed to July, then [b]this month (August) [/b]before the new date was revealed to The Guardian yesterday.

The management of the Corporation, while speaking with The Guardian yesterday, attributed the postponement to construction and rehabilitation challenges along the Lagos-Kano rail route.

Specifically, the NRC Assistant Director in charge of Public Relations, Mr. David Ndakotsu, explained that during a pre- commissioning inspection recently, it was discovered that Maikukele bridge, about 10 kilometre from Minna, Niger State was in a bad shape.

According to Ndakotsu, the management of the corporation is doing everything possible to rectify the problem and kick off the train services as scheduled.

Cant wait, seems someone is not following the time line in their contract or not punitive measures for unecessary delays

Actually wanted to take the Lagos-Ilorin train earlier this year, just didnt fit into my schedule, so i took the Ebutte Metta-Agege line cheesy
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by linearity: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Was it upgraded or they built a new railway?

I remembered in the early 90s when I was doing IT aka SIWES in Kaduna while schooling in Minna; I use to take the train between both towns...it was cheap, dirty and dangerous..
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
linearity: Was it upgraded or they built a new railway?

I remembered in the early 90s when I was doing IT aka SIWES in Kaduna while schooling in Minna; I use to take the train between both towns...it was cheap, dirty and dangerous..

Not upgraded. Most like it was reworked took loans from the Chinese to do it.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by faboulicious(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
musKeeto:
the whole country is just a conglomerate of greedy theiving bastards especially the south.. truth be told, those who have benefitted the most have been the Yorubas..
the YORUBA's have benefitted immensly from d sovereing wealth of d nation like u rigthly said because they are deep thinkers and have their plans well worked out always steps ahead of people from your end.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Rossikk(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
A LOT OF THINGS ARE FINALLY GETTING UP AND RUNNING IN THE COUNTRY, NOT JUST THE RAILWAYS. ELECTRICITY IS ANOTHER. KUDOS TO JONATHAN GOVT ON THESE LAUDABLE DEVELOPMENTS.
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by basisop(m): 6:13am On Aug 30, 2012
With the locomotive trains,how many days journey is it from Minna to Kaduna?
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by jpphilips(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
How many railway routes are operational at the moment?
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I won't reveal that much grin

Why not?

Let the guard down please....Or aren't you proud of the school?

Just wanna know if i got a fellow alumnus..
Re: Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Aug 31, 2012
mdsocks:

Why not?

Let the guard down please....Or aren't you proud of the school?

Just wanna know if i got a fellow alumnus..

Definitely not UNILORIN . . . I was in high school then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, / Buhari: My Visit To South-east, Strong Expression Of My Belief In One Nigeria / Chika Nwoba: Umahi’s Complaints About Injustice In PDP Laughable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.