Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, (10325 Views)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Abadsheddy(m): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, through the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, has reminded electricity consumers not provided with prepaid meters, to stop paying electric bills presented by Distribution Companies, DISCOs, on the basis of estimated billing methodology.
The Commission also ordered the DISCOs not to disconnect any of such customers that refuse to pay the bills, and further advised such customers to report to the Commission, if disconnected.
NERC gave the directive on Wednesday, in a statement on its website, and said it was part of its sanctioning of defaulting DISCOs, who failed to provide meters for its customers, before the March 1 deadline.
In line with its mandate of protecting the rights of customers, NERC had in June 2016, after consultation with the operators, directed DISCOs to conclude metering of all customers before November 30, 2016.
According to NERC, the Commission at the expiration of that notice, granted three months moratorium, which expired on March 1, to enable the DISCOs effectively execute the metering deployment plan for MD customers.
According to the statement, the sanction was sequel to the expiration of the initial directives by NERC, and the moratorium period given to

http://www.weeklypostng.org/2017/06/breaking-nationwide-jubilation-as_12.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Shelloween(m): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
Osinbajo, ma real nigga from day one.

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Abadsheddy(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
Shelloween:
Osinbajo, ma real nigga from day one.
The guy is more competent than his master.

23 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
Welcome comment from an active president, though they always act like they have the interest of the masses at heart until they grab power.

I won't applaud osinbajo until he's the president.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Iamwrath: 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nationwide jubilation as Osibanjo speaks the mind of an average Nigerian

It has nothing to do with Humbling or beefing Fashola

He's (Fashola) the minister of Power , he does not own discos , Last i checked Jonathan sold NEPA to family and friends

But yes, Osinbanjo spoke like a true Nigerian , Discos have been scamming us more than NEPA

If it helps , Jonathan and friends also promised to give us( every household) free Energy saving bulbs , My uncle used to work for National Orientation Agency , that's all he talked about before he retired , up till now i have not seen any free energy bulb , the energy bulbs i've been seeing is only from Ndubuisi's shop , and that one kaputs in 30 days

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by HisSexcellency(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
grin grin
Na today?
No pay your bill and watch your light disconnected right in your face

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by SuperSuave(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
Chai! this man strong o. O de ma ma sebi eniti kole j'eko kan tan

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by coolebux(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
I just de laff, mek Dullardo come back first we go know gringringrin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by mekaboy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Another Buhari approach. When they refuse to give those with and without prepaid light u go beg. Na so buhari dry force people wey he no give dollar to sell fuel 96.

Find out what the issue is before giving such order. You have such authority and u did not arrest those giving quit notice.

This one na gra gra.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Shelloween(m): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Abadsheddy:

The guy is more competent than his master.
Nigeria would be a lot better with Osinbajo at the top. Buhari is not fit to manage a secondary school in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Shelloween(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
mekaboy:
Another Buhari approach. When they refuse to give those with and without prepaid light u go beg. Na so buhari dry force people wey he no give dollar to sell fuel 96.

Find out what the issue is before giving such order. You have such authority and u did not arrest those giving quit notice.

This one na gra gra.
wetin this one dey smoke?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Oxalic(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
The Estimated Billing System is a fraud. But i don't think Fashola is responsible. The Discos are actually robbing the citizens without proper power supply.
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Abadsheddy(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Shelloween:
Nigeria would be a lot better with Osinbajo at the top. Buhari is not fit to manage a secondary school in Nigeria.
lol. do you mean he can not be secondary head master
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
grin i have come to laugh as usual. This comments funny die. Hehdhehehehehehe
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by fineboynl(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
estimated billing is what is creating this laziness, I don't care attitudes and no electricity.

if u don't use don't pay as simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by wristbangle: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
The title of the thread is misleading. However it's a good measure because those Discos are baraus. Useless thieves!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by ettybaba(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
And how did he humble Fashola?
After ipob failed in their quest for Biafra the next step is sowing seed of discord.
Shame.
NB: Nice one from Prof Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by ettybaba(m): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
wristbangle:
The title of the thread is misleading. However it's a good measure because those Discos are baraus. Useless thieves!
Igbos are shameless.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by DanseMacabre(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
So how did he humble Fashola

Anyway thank the gods he commonised the gesture, because the last article I read on this issue made it sound like the measure was obtainable for large-consumers alone.

God punish NEPA. angry
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by DanseMacabre(m): 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
ettybaba:
Igbos are shameless.

How does this asinine comment relate to this thread now

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Ventura1: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
See the way the blog twist the story
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Toosure70: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
I only need the YouTube to make trouble.
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by dustmalik(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
This is only for MD customers, not everyone.
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by chymer(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
@OP, thank you for misinforming the forum, I wonder what some of us gain by disseminating fake news.

Its not for residential consumers, But for MD customers alone!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by greymiles: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
Laziness and illiteracy is killing dz country.

Some mumu Igbos will still come here and condemn dz.

Simple instruction: do not pay and if any disco disconnect your power, report them to NERC.
Simple as dat... I wonder wat will satisfy dz people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by supereagle(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
Action President that has the interest of our people in mind.
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Rhesusmonkey(m): 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Iamwrath:
Nationwide jubilation as Osibanjo speaks the mind of an average Nigerian

It has nothing to do with Humbling or beefing Fashola

He's (Fashola) the minister of Power , he does not own discos , Last i checked Jonathan sold NEPA to family and friends

But yes, Osinbanjo spoke like a true Nigerian , Discos have been scamming us more than NEPA

If it helps , Jonathan and friends also promised to give us( every household) free Energy saving bulbs , My uncle used to work for National Orientation Agency , that's all he talked about before he retired , up till now i have not seen any free energy bulb , the energy bulbs i've been seeing is only from Ndubuisi's shop , and that one kaputs in 30 days
u mentioned the name Jonathan twice in your write up and i am still trying to figure out the correlation btw "Jonathan" and the Op or are you trying to say that just as jonathan promised and fail, so will be osibanjo? cos i was tinking dt d essence of ur comment was to correct the false impression being made by the headline, so wetin concern oga Jona here?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
Buhari please don't come back.
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by vinchee: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2017
You just gotta love Osibanjo. He is smart and has a good heart. Not distracted by silly politics.

Fashola, do your bleeping job!
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by omniwater: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
way to go!
Re: BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, by Uchexxy(m): 12:18am On Jun 13, 2017
This is the best news ever........wish they'd really roll out the prepaid meter fasy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iroju Ogundeji Impeached As Ondo State Deputy Speaker, Replaced By Aderoboye / Timeline: Nigeria’s Alarming Trend Of Mass Abduction Of School Children / Enugu Monorail Nearing Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.