Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa (8592 Views)

South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - / Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2012
World Bank President Visits Africa, Shuns Nigeria

New World Bank President Jim Yong Kim heads to the Ivory Coast and South Africa next week on his first trip to Africa since taking the reins of the global development lender two months ago.

The visit comes at a time when African economies are among the fastest growing in the world although their development is constrained by shortages of roads, ports, power supply, water and sanitation.

Despite high rates of growth, rising youth unemployment and inequality are a growing concern. "Africa is truly taking off and I look forward to hearing directly from governments and people on the continent on how the Bank can help drive more inclusive development throughout Africa," Kim said in a statement. During his trip to the Ivory Coast, starting on Tuesday, Kim will meet President Alassane Ouattara and his economic team, which have managed to turn around a stagnant economy within a year since the end of a civil war that claimed more than 3,000 lives.

The government has launched several major infrastructure projects and restored security across most of the cocoa-growing country. He will also visit an industrial park for small and medium-sized agribusinesses, which will highlight the push for more investment in agriculture amid increasing volatility in food prices.

On Thursday, the World Bank said global food prices had jumped 10 percent in July as drought parched crop lands in the United States and in Eastern Europe, and it urged governments to shore up programs to protect the poorest. Kim will end his trip in South Africa where he will hold talks with South African President Jacob Zuma and Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan, as well as local entrepreneurs.

A wave of labor unrest and violence in South African mines has highlighted frustrations over rising poverty, inequality and stubbornly high unemployment. "South Africa is a key factor of African growth and a leading voice for the African continent in the G-20 and other global forums. It is also an important driver for trade and investment," said Kim, former president of the Ivy League college Dartmouth in New Hampshire.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/world-news/43700-world-bank-chief-visits-africa

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2012
And who needs his attention in my dear country?...

8 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by duni04(m): 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Must everybody come to Nigeria? Useless thread
angry
News flash: Obama's dog shuns Nigeria during African tour

7 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Beef..

The biitch arse knew he only defeated Okonjo based on Americas Influence..

6 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Am back. I was banned for days.. Am sorry if I offended anyone sha. We must all strive to ensure that the price of ga*** gets back to 1 naira like the old days!

12 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by pdone: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
duni04: Must everybody come to Nigeria? Useless thread
angry
News flash: Obama's dog shuns Nigeria during African tour

Are you sure you are not my missing twin. How did you know what I was thinking!!!!!! Must Everybody Come To Nigeria!!!!

3 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
They offer nothing except sovereign loans. We do not need World Bank, we are not Greece!!!!

1 Like

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Aizebioje(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
Who needs him? Sme1 called this guy Obama's lapdog I wonder why it is such BIG news when these whites don't visit Nigeria!THERE ARE OVER 160MILLION PEOPLE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY 4 CRYING OUT LOUD!

1 Like

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by duni04(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
pdone:

Are you sure you are not my missing twin. How did you know what I was thinking!!!!!! Must Everybody Come To Nigeria!!!!
who knows grin
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Kim Kardashian shuns Nigeria on her African tour to teach women how to grow their arse and be sluts!
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by fankasibe: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
i can't blame him, the poor guy don hear alot of intresting things about us grin grin
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by PapaBrowne(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Wait. Whats his name again?? I thought Jim Yong and Kim is the name of the president of North Korea who died last year. Like, really who cares!!

Please help me tell him that Rick Ross was in Nigeria last week and we prefer hip hop to the world bank!! Hip hop makes us dance and the world bank brings us debt!

We rather dance than wallow in debt. He should watch the new coca cola advert and take a cue!!

16 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by ariyebaba(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
Will his visit improves our well being ? I beg d price of common man food don reduce for market ?

1 Like

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by DonaldGenes(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
SimonAndal: Kim Kardashian shuns Nigeria on her African tour to teach women how to grow their arse and be sluts!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Donalð Genes:
bros make some NL no hear you ooo or na dye 4 u ooo

No be small thing brother. I don really hear am for their hand, all because I ask how it affects the price of ga*** in the market? ''Garri'' is now a contraband word on NL. Na wa

3 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Kpac(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Deliberate Division
Why would there be increasing cases of bad journalism in this country,why wount we just learn for heaven's sake, do we take pride is causing caios, hatred and bad motives.
What do you stand to gain,why are u degrading this society and hitting our heads against eachother. Why ?
World bank boss visits any continent for their reasons and must he come to Nigeria ?
Just some few minutes ago, someone posted that south east leaders endorse GEJ ! Is it the south easterners that sent you a communique that those spokespersons speak on their behalf ?
The greater percentage of the active members of this forum find their fulfilments, excitements and competions in posting a noble story and giving it a tribal, political or misguided cap.
You make posts,make it tribal,cause people to insult themselves,some not sparing their parents,the bitter ones curse themselves to their unborn generations,these usually continue for days,new hatreds are born on this forum eachday,bitterness,curse and insults litter all the posts,your post hits 40 pages,its taken to the frontpage,the post had more than 100,000 views.....and so what ? What do u gain ?.....Vanity upon Vanity.
Its such a pity.

8 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
This might mean an increase in the price of Garri o

1 Like

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Olaone1: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Good news.

Missold loans avoided. Hurray!
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by DonaldGenes(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
Billyonaire: They offer nothing except sovereign loans. We do not need World Bank, we are not Greece!!!!
Tell 'em o! Honestly you earn my espousal for what you just said my Brother. As if we depend on their silly foreign grants or loan like-forever indebted Greek people .like, who gives a flying f*** about where he visits?
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by DICKtator: 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju: Beef..

The biitch arse knew he only defeated Okonjo based on Americas Influence..

My thoughts exactly. Okonjo Iweala gave him a run for his money b4 his b.itch f.aggot a.rsse. Was opened for Obama and his cohorts to drive home their points(pun intended) so that he could win.
Can't even believe after winning, he still hold this grudge against Nigeria. Stewpid d.iick rider. If not for our stewpid so-called leaders who forever impoverish their zombie-followers, who dt phuck needs World Bank?

P.S: @ his picture, don't mean to sound racist and no offence meant, is he sleeping? I mean look @ his eyes!
grin grin grin grin
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
HNosegbe: World Bank President Visits Africa, Shuns Nigeria

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/world-news/43700-world-bank-chief-visits-africa
see him face like white ape. He can rot in limbo for all i care.
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Buh buh I thought Barack Obama said the other day that nigeria is the fastest growing economy in africa? Abi na dream I dey dream?
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by Tos87(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]would his visit influence ЂΞ fort coming #5000 Note Ţ☹•◦ a stop.Huuuhh??
Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by dasparrow: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Post

As others have said, must everyone come to Nigeria? What kind of inferiority complex is this? People go to people's country if they have a need for it. Ivory coast just came out of a civil war. Of course Jim yong kim is going there to talk President Alassane Ouattara into taking a world bank debt with 300% interest rate that will leave Ivory Coast forever enslaved in debt to the world bank. Africa does not benefit from IMF, world bank and western foreign policies so it is a blessing when these foreign leaders from thee western world don't step foot on our soil.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa by SamMilla1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
We didn't even know or care when our own Okonjo Iwela was working there let alone a Korean.
Someone should remind him that we are not expecting him. We are not even expecting Obama himself. We are fine here with our GEJ.

When GEJ asks for loan and you refuse, then our idle neighbours who cant assemble their nations orderly will suffer it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Navy Seals, The Special Force Having The Most Brutal And Deadly Training. / African Military Commanders[both Positive And Negative Forces]. / Name and Shame Your African Heroes,Losers and Traitors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.