Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. (1991 Views)

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence / ***The Art And Science Of Getting A Good Car From US Car Auction*** / I'm a driver I'm looking for a driving job Please Help me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by Aro007: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2012
Just yesterday evening on my way to my house coming from the newly erected bridge at Cele at the junction where we are to join people going to Ijesha. My car was seriously damaged inspite of the fact that I had successfully join the lane. I was really shocked when a Nissan pathfinder hit my car by the left with a great impact, as if that was not enough, the driver kept driving almost dragging my Camry along with him thereby causing more damages to my car. I had to rush down from my car to go and pound on whoever the driver was, unfortunately for me when I got to the driver who was even as at that moment still dragging my car with him, I was speechless and couldn't take an attacking action as I would definately have done if it was someone of my age or slightly older or younger. All I could do at that moment was to remove his key from his ignition before he totally crush my car. Then the driver came out unapologetic saying who are you and what can I do. Knowing who I am and my normal temperament I would have either slap him or we enter a fight immediately but honestly, I had to really restrain my reaction and re-echo his question in my mind, what can I really do to someone that is obviously drunk and in his late 70s or perhaps early 80s.
Before I know it, a lot of area boyz came out and started begging as they saw what actually happen. They kept saying he is old and drunk I should just let go of him and thank God am alive. After all the pleading I had to painfully leave the man with my damaged car that I am so sure N120K can not fix.
This incident now promted a lot of question rushing through my mind. I know at late 70s/early 80s the mental alertness of such driver would have diminish.
Isn't there an age bracket where people are not allowed to drive again. Please I need some input from Nairalanders' and perhaps any road safety personnel In the house.
Re: Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by eduson33(m): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2012
And you think it works in naija?
Madam,Abeg mix peper soup and beans
:add two kpomo
:one goat intestine
:and enough okporoko
spray some ofe akwu on top if possible.no time
Aro_007: Just yesterday evening on my way to my house coming from the newly erected bridge at Cele at the junction where we are to join people going to Ijesha. My car was seriously damaged inspite of the fact that I had successfully join the lane. I was really shocked when a Nissan pathfinder hit my car by the left with a great impact, as if that was not enough, the driver kept driving almost dragging my Camry along with him thereby causing more damages to my car. I had to rush down from my car to go and pound on whoever the driver was, unfortunately for me when I got to the driver who was even as at that moment still dragging my car with him, I was speechless and couldn't take an attacking action as I would definately have done if it was someone of my age or slightly older or younger. All I could do at that moment was to remove his key from his ignition before he totally crush my car. Then the driver came out unapologetic saying who are you and what can I do. Knowing who I am and my normal temperament I would have either slap him or we enter a fight immediately but honestly, I had to really restrain my reaction and re-echo his question in my mind, what can I really do to someone that is obviously drunk and in his late 70s or perhaps early 80s.
Before I know it, a lot of area boyz came out and started begging as they saw what actually happen. They kept saying he is old and drunk I should just let go of him and thank God am alive. After all the pleading I had to painfully leave the man with my damaged car that I am so sure N120K can not fix.
This incident now promted a lot of question rushing through my mind. I know at late 70s/early 80s the mental alertness of such driver would have diminish.
Isn't there an age bracket where people are not allowed to drive again. Please I need some input from Nairalanders' and perhaps any road safety personnel In the house.
Re: Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by Areaboy2(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2012
eduson33: And you think it works in naija?
Madam,Abeg mix peper soup and beans
:add two kpomo
:one goat intestine
:and enough okporoko
spray some ofe akwu on top if possible.no time

WTF!!! Although I wouldn't mind having some of that meal tongue, but finish it first before you comment.

At post, having a maximum age limit is not practical for one very important reason: Not everyone ages uniformly. I've seen a 90 year old man who drives better than plenty 25 year olds. Again a 65 year old man that can barely turn the wheel of his car.

The main issue I picked up from your post is that he was drunk. Drunk driving is a crime no matter the age, but with Nigeria and our silly "respect elders" culture will always mean people like that get away with silly things.

All I can say is take heart, accidents do happen and thats the price we pay for driving on the roads of a lawless country (Or should I say poorly enforced laws)
Re: Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by Exponental(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2012
Nigeria learners driving system is faulty. Some drive well while many are terrible. What FRSC is doing now is a way of correcting. I fear our corrupt minds cos soonest, it shall be "oluwoled"(manipulated).
Not until the politicians have no immunity, not until d corruption is tackled from d top, policies will remain faulty.
Living in nigeria is @ owner's risk!
Re: Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by Aro007: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
Thank you all for your responses. Especially the constructive response from eduson33
Re: Age Limits Of Getting A Driving Licence. by ned4Ify(f): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2012
yep,the guys is good...i think am joinig his squad.
Madam,Abeg give them two two kpomo each.
spray some stew on top if possible.no time
Aro_007: Thank you all for your responses. Especially the constructive response from eduson33

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!!SOLD!!VERY CLEAN REGISTERED TOYOTA RAV4 (4WD) 2002 MODEL / A Nigerian Used 2003 Model Toyota Camry Le Forsale..............780k / So Cheap Tokunbo Peugeot 406 Prestige Body(730k)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.