Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,793 members, 7,956,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (346097 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovethyhair: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Check out my hair crushes at the moment :-)

darkchildlovethyhair..com/2013/09/the-best-way-to-comb-your-natural-hair.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by babyaida: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
@reineviolet
I want this pic cry
I've tried n tried but I can't save it.
I'm somewhr between the awkward stage and medium afro.
grin
I LOVE my hair. For some reason its curly, thick and ridiculously healthy and I'm grateful for it.
I can't wait t get t the big ass afro stage. I hated the twa stage cos I don't hv the bone strycture t pull off short hair
Its been a year since my last perm.
I just dyed my hair with a moisture rich organics dye that did NOT leave my hair dry and depleted. I'm stocking up on hair products but mostly I use raw shea butter, raw cocnut oil, olive oil, and recently wild growth hair oil.
So far so good
I want t get some carols daughter shipped in so I can give them a try
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
babyaida: @reineviolet
I want this pic cry
I've tried n tried but I can't save it.
I'm somewhr between the awkward stage and medium afro.
grin
I LOVE my hair. For some reason its curly, thick and ridiculously healthy and I'm grateful for it.
I can't wait t get t the big ass afro stage. I hated the twa stage cos I don't hv the bone strycture t pull off short hair
Its been a year since my last perm.
I just dyed my hair with a moisture rich organics dye that did NOT leave my hair dry and depleted. I'm stocking up on hair products but mostly I use raw shea butter, raw cocnut oil, olive oil, and recently wild growth hair oil.
So far so good
I want t get some carols daughter shipped in so I can give them a try

I got the picture from tumblr...I don't know, are you using a phone, if you are using a laptop then saving will be better.

Lol, I can't wait to get bodily engulfment grin grin. Its been 6 months since my last perm but considering the fact that I cut my hair twice because of it was uneven and all, I'm stuck in TWA again sad.

I love my hair also. What I do everyday is that I put ultra gro super growth hair cream mixed with honey, olive oil and coconut oil. My hair is really thick but really soft at the same time smiley

Moisture rich organics?? Hmm, I've been meaning to dye my hair, maybe I should check this out smiley

Hey! Don't be a product junkie though grin! Just find out what works for you and stick to it BUT if your hair is tired of that product, you can change. For now H,CO and EVOO is the way to go grin cool

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 30, 2013
According to this girl.. pros and cons of long natural hair..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7syZhxxqQ
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 5:07am On Oct 01, 2013
Running a series called 'Nigerians Got Good Hair Too!!!".....Featuring Nigerians with beautiful Natural and relaxed hair. If you're Nigerian and you've got beautiful hair or know anyone that fits, show and tell us how you/she achieved this. To be featured, send a mail with a pic of your hair to nappilynigeriangirl@gmail.com

nappilynigeriangirl..com

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by babyaida: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Using my bb sad

Ooh honey sounds like a great idea!!
Thanks hun

ReineViolet:

I got the picture from tumblr...I don't know, are you using a phone, if you are using a laptop then saving will be better.

Lol, I can't wait to get bodily engulfment grin grin. Its been 6 months since my last perm but considering the fact that I cut my hair twice because of it was uneven and all, I'm stuck in TWA again sad.

I love my hair also. What I do everyday is that I put ultra gro super growth hair cream mixed with honey, olive oil and coconut oil. My hair is really thick but really soft at the same time smiley

Moisture rich organics?? Hmm, I've been meaning to dye my hair, maybe I should check this out smiley

Hey! Don't be a product junkie though grin! Just find out what works for you and stick to it BUT if your hair is tired of that product, you can change. For now H,CO and EVOO is the way to go grin cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 1:52am On Oct 02, 2013
hiya. Erm, well it's been 10months(well almost) since I initially cut my hair with trims colouring here and there.

ok, my hair is constantly tied up or under wigs so I have not been able to style my hair and do a "photoshoot". I want to give it a year before I can finally let it out.

I had mentioned that with my hair you can't really tell whether it's grown because it curls underneath rather than outwards. The last picture shows the length.

(Don't mind the pictures. I took them when i was in my comfort zone) grin

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 02, 2013
Omg you have the cutest fro, even at that stage i could have never gotten a nice one like that sad smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 4:13am On Oct 02, 2013
caribchic: Omg you have the cutest fro, even at that stage i could have never gotten a nice one like that sad smiley

lol, it was a struggle to get it like that. You know how guys' hair recede from each side? I have something like that but with thin baby hairs on each side, if I hold my hair back you will notice it if the baby hairs are not properly brushed to make it look fuller so I brush the hair back to front.

My hair line is sort of like this but instead of being bald it has baby hairs covering them.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 05, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 05, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 05, 2013
awe!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 05, 2013
^^ this last one...

I LOVE it.. But my daughters hair looks a hot mess when its like that
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 6:07am On Oct 05, 2013
these women r just too fly for words. and the baby is adorable
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2013
I've been consistently using the Indian oiling method for the past two months to retain length in my hair and thus grow it long and the result is amazing.

I noticed how Indians had impossibly long hair and wondered why their long hair didn't break despite the fact that the longer your hair, the older it is and the more prone it is to breakage!

I got in touch with some Indian/Malay bloggers and this oiling method stands out!

- Daily rituals Warm a few tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave or palms and massage it on your scalp.
Then thinly coat your hair from root to tip.

The day before wash day, apply a heavier layer of coconut oil, braid your hair and put a towel on your pillow or cover with showercap.
Shampoo it out the next morning.
Your hair will be softer and stronger in weeks.
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid which helps prevent hair loss.
Palmkernel oil is also rich in lauric acid.

I actually use a mix.

- Weekly rituals in India takes the form of the 'head bath' every Sunday.
More oil, this time castor oil. Let it soak in for at least an hour before it would be washed away with 'seegekaayi' or 'shikaikai', mixed with water.
I substituted with sulfate free shampoo and washed biweekly instead since my hair is curlier.

For more check out my blog nappilynigeriangirl..com

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
^Love it! Your texture looks 'smooth' I can't hold my hair back without loads of flyaways and crinkles. Is it due to the oils?

I actually bought some coconut oil and jasmine oil(not quite sure how this one works) in march but never really use them. I will start this method and see. I have neglected my hair for too long.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
NappilyNigerian: I've been consistently using the Indian oiling method for the past two months to retain length in my hair and thus grow it long and the result is amazing.

I noticed how Indians had impossibly long hair and wondered why their long hair didn't break despite the fact that the longer your hair, the older it is and the more prone it is to breakage!

I got in touch with some Indian/Malay bloggers and this oiling method stands out!

- Daily rituals Warm a few tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave or palms and massage it on your scalp.

The day before wash day, apply a heavier layer of coconut oil, braid your hair and put a towel on your pillow or cover with showercap.
I actually use a mix.

More oil, this time castor oil. Let it soak in for at least an hour before it would be washed away with 'seegekaayi' or 'shikaikai', mixed with water.
I substituted with sulfate free shampoo and washed biweekly instead since my hair is curlier.

shocked..Is that their secret ? ?.I must belong lol
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
lepasharon:

shocked..Is that their secret ? ?.I must belong lol

NappilyNigerian: I've been consistently using the Indian oiling method for the past two months to retain length in my hair and thus grow it long and the result is amazing.

I actually use a mix.

Same here mehn! I musssitoooh belong! grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Nappilynigerian wow u hve beautiful hair..
I envy u shaaaa..
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
I wish I could use coco oil on my kids hair more, but as soon as it gets cold in this damn country, the oil hardens up. It does not look very nice wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
^^ this last one...

I LOVE it.. But my daughters hair looks a hot mess when its like that

OMG NOT YOU TOO!

WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING? cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
kandiikane: ^Love it! Your texture looks 'smooth' I can't hold my hair back without loads of flyaways and crinkles. Is it due to the oils?

I actually bought some coconut oil and jasmine oil(not quite sure how this one works) in march but never really use them. I will start this method and see. I have neglected my hair for too long.

Thanks.Yes, the oil play a part in taming flyaways especially the castor oil.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
JallowBah: I wish I could use coco oil on my kids hair more, but as soon as it gets cold in this damn country, the oil hardens up. It does not look very nice wink

Perhaps you can substitute the coconut oil with palm kernel oil. They both have similar conc. of lauric acid. If you want to mask the coffee like scent of PKO, you can use any essential oil of choice.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Braidz: Hey nappily nigerian, your hair looks awesome. I'm a silent follower of your blog and I can say from experience that this oil treatment works. I do it before my wash day and i notice minimal breakage (next to zero) and hair feels softer for longer almost a week before i need to condition again.

Thank you. Yes o! The Indians know what's up.....see their hair!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Recently run out of CON Argan Sulfate free poo and thankfully was gifted Keracare Cleansing Cream by Twentysix85.com and with shikakai,amla,neem oil and argan oil as the main ingredients, it's a perfect cowash for the Indian oil method for length retention.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 07, 2013
NappilyNigerian, I love your hair! Good to have you in this thread! MzD, love those pics. The little girl you posted is sooo adorable cry and she's got gorgeous skin!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2013
Yield: NappilyNigerian, I love your hair! Good to have you in this thread! MzD, love those pics. The little girl you posted is sooo adorable cry and she's got gorgeous skin!

Awww...thank you!
I'm happy to be part of this thread and learn and share tips.
She does have gorgeous skin. Digging out cultural skincare practices worldwide. Will get back to you guys soon.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2013
I have a weakness for women with their natural hair and I've been trying to convince my vanilla to give it more chance

How can i make my cutest start taking care of her real hair more? She complains that its too weak and 'tiny', hence she can't go natural.

I'm thinking of getting hair products that encourage natural hair upkeep as a gift, any recommendation? I need products sold in the Nigerian markets.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2013
honeric01: I have a weakness for women with their natural hair and I've been trying to convince my vanilla to give it more chance

How can i make my cutest start taking care of her real hair more? She complains that its too weak and 'tiny', hence she can't go natural.

I'm thinking of getting hair products that encourage natural hair upkeep as a gift, any recommendation? I need products sold in the Nigerian markets.

I design natural hair kits containing all you need to care for your natural hair. Perhaps you can send me an email nappilynigeriangirl@gmail.com and I'll send you a simple questionnaire so I could put together a gift NappyGirl Kit.

On the other hand, I have listed Natural hair products I've discovered work really well for our natural hair type ( African hair type...really...since whether you hair is relaxed or natural, our hair strands are different from those of other races).
You can find them here on www.nappilynigeriangirl..com

I've also listed vendors in Nigeria you can easily purchase the products from.

Hope this helps!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.