Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis (745 Views)

Arms Scandal: Former PDP Chairman, Son In EFCC Net Over N600million / Jonathan Beats Buhari In Rivers With Over 1.4 Million Votes- PUNCH / Humiliating Photo Showing Baba Suwe Excreting In Ndlea Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis by Rhino5dm: 4:39am On Sep 04, 2012

My regrets, by man in NDLEA net over N7.4 million worth of cannabis
September 4, 2012 | 1:29 am
Metro

By Suzan Edeh, Bauchi

Many are still reeling from shock as they ponder over the implication of 498kgs of Cannabis, otherwise known as Indian hemp, entering the drug market in Bauchi State. But this was fortunately averted, thanks to eagle-eyed operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, who had risen to the occasion by impounding it at Azare, a local government area of the state.

The belief is that if this huge consignment of drugs had not been detected and impounded, there was a possibility that it could have triggered an increase in crime rate in the state.

Vanguard Metro, VM, gathered that on August 17, 2012, the command made a seizure of 489kgs of Cannabis Sativa worth 7.4 million concealed inside a truck with registration number XP 67 MUS. The owner of the truck, who happened to be the driver and major conspirator in the illegal deal of the Cannabis, was arrested.

The suspect, Olisaemeka Wilson Chinedu, aged 27 years, is an indigene of Delta State, but resides in Akure, Ondo State where he sources for this product of death and distributes it in the North East political zone of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/my-regrets-by-man-in-ndlea-net-over-n7-4-million-worth-of-cannabis/
Re: My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis by dowjones(m): 9:13am On Sep 04, 2012
This will definitely affect the price of cannabis smiley
Re: My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis by sheyguy: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2012
Now we can see why Ondo state has become the most potent and prominent Marijuana Axis.
The King of Commercial . . . Ooops! Evil Activities have made it their Favorite Farmland and Warehouse. . . Lol
Re: My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis by Gbawe: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
Nigerians !! Why are we so keen to expose our childish fears and ignorance publicly? How is Cannabis a "product of death"? Fearing drugs does not mean we should embrace childish scaremongering also. Cannabis is not heroine and it is important our press don't mis-educate and 'dumb-down' the public by playing on their fears and belief-system. Doing this only renders Africans unable to cope in a globalized world where we must always be tolerant and respectful of the adult choices others make. Why, for example, should a grown adult consider anyone who smokes Cigarette a Villain?

Yet we see tonnes of Nollywood movies peddling ignorance with how they portray those who smoke cigarettes as bad/evil guys and automatic villains. It is sometimes depressing to see so much crass ignorance that reveals how backward Africa is.

but resides in Akure, Ondo State where he sources for this product of death and distributes it in the North East political zone of the country.

1 Like

Re: My Regrets, By Man In NDLEA Net Over N7.4 Million Worth Of Cannabis by sheyguy: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ondo State where he sources for this product of death and distributes it in the North East political zone of the country.
Wait a sec . . are they trying to link the guy's case to BH or what? we all know BH is strongest in North-Eastern part of the country. I hope not.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Sends 25 Students For Overseas Training In Marine Engineering / "United States Closes Embassy In Nigeria"? / Gcon???mike Adenuga Should Be Given An Award For The Biggest Failure Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.