Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (29803 Views)

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by computaangel: 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
God frowns at d use of jewelries and ornaments,d point here is whateva will cost u ur salvation sacrifice it
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ Christemmabassy,

I believer many had been "programmed" to believe such. What we need to do is keep teaching the liberating truth. The same way these erroneous teachings grew, they same way people will be liberated sooner. It's a matter of time.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
computaangel: God frowns at d use of jewelries and ornaments,d point here is whateva will cost u ur salvation sacrifice it

Do you mind showing us scriptures where God frowns at the use of jewelries and ornaments. And how does jewelries and ornament cost you to loose your salvation? Do you mind telling us?
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: @ Christemmabassy,

I believer many had been "programmed" to believe such. What we need to do is keep teaching the liberating truth. The same way these erroneous teachings grew, they same way people will be liberated sooner. It's a matter of time.
AMEN
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
CrazyMan:
What point exactly are you trying to prove with that passage you put up there? Are trying to tell me that the children of israel never put on earrings again?

Please if you don't understand the bible, don't try to misinterpret it...

Earring has nothing to do with christianity. Any pastor who spends time laying emphasis on it should be considered a joker. Because Jesus last words on earth to his disciples was to spread the good news and win souls and not to debate whether or not earring is good.
True
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
computaangel: God frowns at d use of jewelries and ornaments,d point here is whateva will cost u ur salvation sacrifice it
What you should say is that anything you love too much and which takes your attention of God to yourself should be done away with. There are many women/ladies who are so in love with jewelries and bodily ornaments. But to say that God directly frowns at the use of jewelry is completely false. Where's your Biblical backings for what you typed up there?
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ifyx: Wøw,different views..døn't knøw which 1 2 believe
Go and study your Bible for yourself. It's all about what the Holy Spirit of God convinces you of.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ sister Vanneni,

I once said it before to our brother christemmbassey, and will say it again to you - There will come a time when church folk will begin to confront their pastors whenever they teach falsehood because the Spirit of God is spraying a wave of truth across the globe and the truth is prevailing.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: @ sister Vanneni,

I once said it before to our brother christemmbassey, and will say it again to you - There will come a time when church folk will begin to confront their pastors whenever they teach falsehood because the Spirit of God is spraying a wave of truth across the globe and the truth is prevailing.
I pray.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by OmoAlata(f): 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
Vanneni: What you should say is that anything you love too much and which takes your attention of God to yourself should be done away with. There are many women/ladies who are so in love with jewelries and bodily ornaments.

I agree. I remember sometime last year when we had an event in the church. I asked a 'sister' if she would be attending. Her response? "That's the day I do my hair ojare. My hair is very important to me. I spend a lot of money on it" True story.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo Alata:

I agree. I remember sometime last year when we had an event in the church. I asked a 'sister' if she would be attending. Her response? "That's the day I do my hair ojare. My hair is very important to me. I spend a lot of money on it" True story.
You can see that kind of thing. sad
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by AdeniyiA(m): 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
possessing possessions is not a sin,but when your possessions start possessing you,it becomes idolatry-which is a sin.
God is only interested in a sin-free life,one devoid of fornication/adultery,coveteousness,pride,arrogance,lies,and all forms of ungodliness.not what you put on that do not make others to fall.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by jcross19: 1:42am On Feb 01, 2013
Goshen360: @ Christemmabassy,

what ever you put on the skin is not a sin provided that those cause you to sin or others to sin because bible says in mtt 18 vr 7 that...woe unto the world because of the offenses for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe unto that man by whom the offense cometh
.in other words jewelries can be demonic possess . the main point of it is that do not let what you put on yourself control you if you not you are free to use because all are vanities
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by seyistjones: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
If some male pastors can even wear jerry-curls, why would they not support the wearing and paintings of all sorts on the female visage, I tell whoso ever care to listen. Heaven is not for modern -day-lukewarm- christians. Take it or leave it.The judgement of God on that day will be fierce. Mercy and grace would cease.The accuser of brethren would be at the gate of Heaven to accuse believers,using the same Bible. When the Bible says "if your eyes,hands,or ears would make you miss Heaven,cut it off", you think Heaven is a child play. The Bible also says in Revelations 21:27...."There shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth... Cosmetics are defilement of the highest order to the believers. It is meant and produced for "Jezebels". And, since there will be no cosmetics in the kingdom of God,who dares put it on there? It is the invention of the agents of dark kingdom. The issue of earrings,gold,bracelet,cortex,mascara,lipstick,eye-lashes,hair-fixing etc were not given serious attention in the church, until God started taking people to witness all that is happening in Heaven and Hell and bringing them back to earth to tell believers why many would miss Heaven.Several books have been written by this people. Prior to this ,i myself never believed the adornment of all these artificial apparel could take believers to Hell until i heard staggering expository messages on why Heaven is scanty and Hell is full. Brethren, Heaven and Hell is real! ..."and scarcely shall the righteous be saved..." It is never too late to make amendments. Think it yourself, why would it be too difficult and unacceptable to get rid of cosmetics for God? Something sinister is underneath. I pray, "had i known" will not be our portion on that day. Jesus is coming soonest!
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
@bro Seyi st jones, Christ said "if you know the truth, the truth shall make you free" (jn8:32 KJV) Now the question is, what is the TRUTH? And untill one is able to answer this for himself his case will remain like the case of Paul who sincerely believed that he was serving God by persecuting christians. Pls my beloved brother use this passion u've put into this ur wear this dont wear that rather to preach the gospel-goodnews. Now there's a story by Jesus in Math25:31-46, the ppl that will go to Heaven and or Hell is mention there, i just checked and i notice that Christ did not mention ppl with wrong/bad dress sense or make-up, unless you want to say Christ forgot to mention them. We dont support uncladliness but it has nothing to do with christianity. God bless.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
christemmbassey: @bro Seyi st jones, Christ said "if you know the truth, the truth shall make you free" (jn8:32 KJV) Now the question is, what is the TRUTH? And untill one is able to answer this for himself his case will remain like the case of Paul who sincerely believed that he was serving God by persecuting christians. Pls my beloved brother use this passion u've put into this ur wear this dont wear that rather to preach the gospel-goodnews. Now there's a story by Jesus in Math25:31-46, the ppl that will go to Heaven and or Hell is mention there, i just checked and i notice that Christ did not mention ppl with wrong/bad dress sense or make-up, unless you want to say Christ forgot to mention them. We dont support uncladliness but it has nothing to do with christianity. God bless.

As I was reading from behind, your statement underlined made me quickly log in a give a BIG HUG to you. Our brothers and sisters need to understand what New Creation is all about. God bless you! Lemme leave our brothers and sisters with these scriptures,

New International Version
Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment. - John 7:24

King James 2000 Bible
Do you look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trusts to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. - 2 Corinthians 10:7

This does not mean however that Christianity supports na.kedness in dressing.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by seyistjones: 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
@christembassy,thanks for your discourse! The Bible talks about those that wrest the scriptures to their own destruction in 2Peter 3:16. And again,we know the churches where there is nothing wrong for the male pastors to wear perming and jerry-curls; the ladies paints their faces, and are half-naked with hair- attachments. And we know the no-nonsense churches where the god-fearing ministers ordered their ladies not to wear trousers, jewelries,hair-attachments,cortex etc.I don't want to mention names,and i am neither a member of these denominations. My conclusion is "He that is unjust,let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,let him be righteous still: and he that is holy,let him be holy still. And,behold, I come quickly;and my reward is with me,to give to every man according as his work shall be.Rev.22:11-12. And, I repeat again,"..there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth....Rev 21:27a. Truths are revealed to the humble-hearted and not the high-minded. If the non-adornment of all these would mean or do no harm,then why are we adamant for its use? Again, if our God-the Alpha and Omega could mold the hole in our nostrils,and the hole that leads to our eardrum, did He then forget to pierce the ears wherewith we put earrings? The piercing of the ears is the tradition of men which He warned us against. I rest my discourse.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by solomon111(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2013
Holes in the ear are marks used to identify slaves in the ancient times(I will post the bible verse soon).
People should research on things before doing them.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2013
Romans 8:1 there is therefor nmw no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after flesh, but after the Spirit. 2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath make me free, from the law of sin and death. (KJV) I WISH THOSE THAT ARE PRACTICING JUDAISM IN CHRISTIANITY WILL UNDERSTAND THIS.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2013
@Seyi st jones, my point is about this proclivlity of 'throwing away the baby with the bath water', and i dont like mixe-up, we should stop practicing judaism in christianity, Christ said we should preach the gospel, now tell me, can you tell a prisoner to stop wearing prison clothes while still in prison? No sir, first you have to work for his freedom and actually set him free, then you dont need to advice him, on his own he will obviously discad the prison clothes, having said that, the bible has clearly told us what defiles a man iln Matt 15:10-20, pls study Roman 8, i dont know why you are so concern about the flesh, but even when Paul wrote about the wrath of God against the Gentiles 'n Rm 1:24-32, pls read, you will see that he was very clear. Christ in his teachings never bordered so much on dressing amd eating/drinking, maybe ur no nonsense church/pastor sabi pass am, bytheway, most of those ppl who claimed that God has taken them tn see what is hapening in heaven and hell are fake-they are decieving you and smiling to their banks. Finall, you remember the story of the lady who poured designers perfume on Jesus? See Jn12. God bless.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
christemmbassey: Romans 8:1 there is therefor nmw no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after flesh, but after the Spirit. 2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath make me free, from the law of sin and death. (KJV) I WISH THOSE THAT ARE PRACTICING JUDAISM IN CHRISTIANITY WILL UNDERSTAND THIS.

Our people (Christians) need to understand the law of sin and death is simply the law of Moses. The law of Spirit of life in Christ is Grace and Truth. Mixing Christianity with Judaism is most dangerous to Christians. We have a lot of work to do within the body of Christ as you always say. The truth is, the Christians we're talking to will NEVER even check to see whether what we say is right or wrong from the word of God. They'll outrightly conclude we are wrong and they are right.

@ seyi st jones,

I challenge you to do a study on your own and find out the difference or sort out the difference between Christianity and Judaism. I think you will be glad you did. Look the whole scripture of the laws of Moses, whenever you find or read the phrase, "These covenant shall be between me (God) and the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL". You must understand that, THAT IS JUDAISM - The religion of the JEWS and of period of time when God was ONLY dealing with NATIONAL or PHYSICAL ISRAEL - This truth is also confirmed by this scripture,

New Living Translation
That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The first ·agreement [covenant; contract; given to Israel through Moses; 8:7, 13] had ·rules [regulations; requirements] for worship and a ·place on earth for worship [ earthly sanctuary/holy place].

Hebrews 9:1

Since the law was a type and shadow of good things to come BUT not the very reality (Hebrews 10:1); the NATIONAL Israel was a type and shadow of the Spiritual Israel of God (The chosen ones) - The Church of God. The New Covenant doesn't operate by the laws given to the Jews through Moses. The New Covenant operates by the law of Spirit IN Christ Jesus. There's need to STOP mixing Christianity with Judaism and this need is VERY URGENT.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
christemmbassey: @Seyi st jones, my point is about this proclivlity of 'throwing away the baby with the bath water', and i dont like mixe-up, we should stop practicing judaism in christianity, Christ said we should preach the gospel, now tell me, can you tell a prisoner to stop wearing prison clothes while still in prison? No sir, first you have to work for his freedom and actually set him free, then you dont need to advice him, on his own he will obviously discad the prison clothes, having said that, the bible has clearly told us what defiles a man iln Matt 15:10-20, pls study Roman 8, i dont know why you are so concern about the flesh, but even when Paul wrote about the wrath of God against the Gentiles 'n Rm 1:24-32, pls read, you will see that he was very clear. Christ in his teachings never bordered so much on dressing amd eating/drinking, maybe ur no nonsense church/pastor sabi pass am, bytheway, most of those ppl who claimed that God has taken them tn see what is hapening in heaven and hell are fake-they are decieving you and smiling to their banks. Finall, you remember the story of the lady who poured designers perfume on Jesus? See Jn12. God bless.

On the issue of mixing Christianity with Judaism, I've tried to open our brother and challenge him to study for himself perhaps not take everything his/her pastor says and just shallow it.

On the issue of people telling Christians they see what's happening in heaven. I don't know if that's a new waves of teachings or not. However, I'll to say EVERY REVELATION AND TRUTH IS COMPLETE IN CHRIST. When Christ taught on the parable of the rich man and Lazarus and the rich man said someone should be sent to tell his brethren so as to avoid where he, the rich man was. What did Christ tell him? Every truth and Revelation is complete in Christ and anyone who claim to go t heaven and bring any contradictory revelation to scripture is false!

The following scriptures will do the word ministrations,

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." - John 20:29

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled [/b]with an inexpressible and glorious joy, - [b]1 Peter 1:8

Expanded Bible (EXB)
1 In the past [long ago] God spoke to our ·ancestors [forefathers; fathers] through the prophets ·many times [or in a fragmentary/partial way;  in many parts] and in many different ways.

2 But now in these last days God has spoken to us through ·his Son [or a son; 1:3]. God has ·chosen [appointed] his Son to ·own [be heir/inheritor of] all things, and through him he made the ·world [universe; ages;  comprising both space and time; John 1:3].
- Hebrews 1
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by ARareGem(f): 4:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by computaangel: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
God is against d use of jewelries and ornaments, ezekiel 7:19-21,1 peter 3:3, isaiah 3:16-24.wateva wi
ll cost u ur eternity pls sacrifice it.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 1:14am On Feb 06, 2013
computaangel: God is against d use of jewelries and ornaments, ezekiel 7:19-21,[size=20pt]1 peter 3:3[/size], isaiah 3:16-24.wateva wi
ll cost u ur eternity pls sacrifice it.

^
v

Goshen360: King James Version (KJV)
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: - 1 Peter 3:1-5

Erroneous believe and teachings that women cannot wear gold, women cannot plait their hair etc. Where do you people get all these interpretation and teachings from? So you are saying women cannot take care of their hair or what? They cannot use jewelry? Why can't you people leave scriptures the very way it is rather than reading religious interpretation into it. If you are telling us the scripture is saying woman should not wear gold and women should not plait their hair, you're also saying or teaching women should NOT put on cloths because same scriptures says, "OR OF PUTTING ON OF APPAREL"

What that scripture is saying is that, women should not EXALT their OUTWARD adornment than their INNER beauty. It's saying, It is not the  external things like fancy braided; elaborate hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful or  be your adornment but rather, your beauty should come from within your inner self;  the hidden/secret person of the heart — the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed fade; perish and is very valuable; of great worth to God.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by debosky(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2013
Omo Alata:

You people sitting in judgement need to be careful - that someone chooses an activity like making her hair over attending a 'church event' is no indicator of anything. It is the heart that matters.

The truth is that at every hour of the day there is a 'church event' going on - be it on TV, or in a church somewhere - does that mean we should abandon every other activity and spend every hour inside a 'church'?

The bible says whatever you do should be done to the glory of God - be it making hair or anything else - you don't need to be present at each and every church event to show you are a Christian or that you have your priorities right.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by debosky(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2013
seyi st jones: If some male pastors can even wear jerry-curls, why would they not support the wearing and paintings of all sorts on the female visage, I tell whoso ever care to listen. Heaven is not for modern -day-lukewarm- christians. Take it or leave it.

The requirement of heaven is faith in Jesus alone and nothing else - not conformance with rules of men like 'do not jerry-curl your hair'.

Now don't take that to mean I support people taking all sorts of liberties in the name of faith, but neither do I support human beings trying to enforce their own opinion on others.

Let God judge each man - for me I may be able to wear earrings because I don't make them into an idol, while for others it is an issue because it is elevated above God in their hearts.

Beware of those who create human rules (Colossians 2):

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Like Paul said, they lack value in restraining sensual indulgence - there are those advocating no trousers and no earrings and still engage in sexual promiscuity and other vices.

We are Christians - we live by faith and by the guidance of the Spirit - let us focus on living a life that glorifies Christ and less on this obsession with 'do's and don'ts' that may appear 'humble' but do nothing to cause a change in the spirit nor draw us to God.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by OilIndustry(m): 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
A true Child of God, a born again believer, living a holy life will never put on earring or paint mouth
If you take a good look at the people doing it, even some that called themselves women pastors you will find out that they have not personal relationship with Christ, the Holiness is not there, the bible make us to understand that not every one that say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of God, Salvation changes one outwardly & inwardly
I heard of a lady praying for Salvation in a particular church the moment she got connected with the saviour Jesus Christ, She remove her earring and another cut off her attachment hair at the alter of prayer
Don't be deceive without holiness no man, no pastor, no preacher shall see the Lord
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by yinkajewole: 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
Read these convincing reasons you should put off earrings and attachments if you care to make it to heaven.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by jcross19: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
yinkajewole:
Read these convincing reasons you should put off earrings and attachments if you care to make it to heaven.
christians don't use their brain to reason at all or no sense in their skull. go and read exodus 32:1-2 And exodus 35:22 now tell me where did they get ornaments after they gave up their ornaments in previous chapters.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by yinkajewole: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
jcross19:
christians don't use their brain to reason at all or no sense in their skull. go and read exodus 32:1-2 And exodus 35:22 now tell me where did they get ornaments after they gave up their ornaments in previous chapters.
Did God told them to use it on their bodies?
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by jcross19: 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
yinkajewole:

Did God told them to use it on their bodies?
and there is no where God said they should not use on their body. but. the same ornament in form of crown was used on David?did God complain? Ezekiel 16:8-10 go and read it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dominion City Lagos Adopts Woman Delivered Of A Baby Under Ajah Bridge, Lagos / Pastor Chidi Okafor "Strikes Woman With Blindness", Accuses Her Of Witchcraft / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.