Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN (10348 Views)

Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. / Protesters Storm INEC Office, Demand Postponement Of General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by decrox199(m): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
vire: people are so stupid....you protest for a new denomination but donot protest when they sell billions of BONDS angry angry angry the real thing that causes inflation is BONDS..............until people wake up we will always be taken for a ride angry angry angry
wia were you τ̅☺ lead the protest?

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by IYANGBALI: 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2012
ayobase:

Even, if na Boko Haram im be....he is being reasonable to represent, and he did it successfully!
A Rebel does the job better than a ''compromising'' Nationalist!
God bless you man
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by somebodybobo: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
M M M: 5000 + 1 BAG OF GARRI =

Sanusi L angry

With one bag of gari, u don hammer be dat
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Ijebulogic(m): 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
naturalwaves: When d new 5000 naira notes is intriduced,Sellers are going to automatically round off goods whose prices are above 4500 to 5000 and d buyers will bear d brunt.The introduction of that note is definately going to lead to inflation. The protest is highly appreciated.

I dont understand the reasoning behind the "rounding up" issue. People have been selling goods for N4500 for years, why round up to N5000?. Why dont newspaper sellers round up papers to N200 instead of N150? Since we have a N200 note and no N150 note? why is a bottle of coke/fanta N70 and not rounded up to N100? The list is endless. We need to think through some of these assumptions with clarity.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Cleanman(m): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
Hmmm....the protest is fully welcomed
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by loneytunes(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
I just don't understand why SLS is so adamant. My boss said if the CBN really wants to discourage corruption, they should convert all the high currencies to coins i.e. N100 to N5000 should be in coins while the smaller ones should in notes. Let's see who will go party and be spraying N5000 coin undecided

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Shaw007(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
Leboska:
If thats the way all politicians behave we would have a better place. Even if is for polical interest or for personal interest at list he represented our interest. So ride on man i'm solidly behing you.
yeah well i guess so. . .at least he's working for it and affecting the nation positively at the same time. . .but i doubt if that man they call sanusi yields,that man is a dissapointment,someone i used 2 respect!!
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by emmykk(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
WHERE IS THE NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS.WHERE THERE IS NO MONey they dnt protest

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Shaw007(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2012
vire: people are so stupid....you protest for a new denomination but donot protest when they sell billions of BONDS angry angry angry the real thing that causes inflation is BONDS..............until people wake up we will always be taken for a ride angry angry angry
so what are you saying exactly?? That they shud go on and devalue the currency more or wha?
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by noobsaibot2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
I fit buy G++ for N5000? undecided
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Remii(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Honestly speaking, Naira needs to be re denominated somehow, either by removing some zeros as attempted by Soludo or printing higher denomination as currently being proposed by Sanusi. Soludo style seems better. N1000 is equal to 6USD or 4PDS at that value, N100 is about 65cents. We all know that UK has 2PDS coins. If the higher denominations are created with N50 coins, as being proposed, it should not lead to inflation. Nigerians need to work on attitude of spending higher denominations too. 50PDS and 100USD are not freely spent in UK and US respectively. CBN should be careful not to flood the system with proposed N5k notes too.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by airfinance(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Dino melaye is a rebel.......not a nationalist
Mr. Man you are very stupid for making such comment. Why are you so daft and lack basic education. Calling someone who is organising and leading a peaceful protest against the introduction of 5K note REBEL. Seems you do not know the motives behind the propose introduction of the denomination.

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Ameboperoo(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
I beg 2 disagree. Bonds are sold to mop up cash from circulation and thereby, reduce inflation.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by http(m): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
loneytunes: I just don't understand why SLS is so adamant. My boss said if the CBN really wants to discourage corruption, they should convert all the high currencies to coins i.e. N100 to N5000 should be in coins while the smaller ones should in notes. Let's see who will go party and be spraying N5000 coin undecided

Subcribing...
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by profola2be(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
Gabriel_sylar:
What do we call a person that talks to NOTHING.......?a mad Witch

What do we call a person that talks to a MAD WITCH.......? A SUPERIOR MAD MAN WITCH.
Honestly,you need to see a ps*chiatrist.

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Remii(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2012

that is a real problem my guy, SLS has more killing and anti growth policies that the populace and elite say nothing about. Just last month CBN issued directives that make interest rates when up by almost 5% more. At a time when UK and US are almost lending money at 0%, Nigerians are borrowing at almost 35%, these guys are not protesting that. Very sad.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by andyanders: 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, The Intelligent Millennium Thief of The Century. The corrupt Apex Bank Thief.

May you NEVER live to enjoy the N5,000 Sanusi if you go ahead to print it.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by jimino(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
Even a baby born 2dy nos dat introductn of 5k note wil cause inflatn bt according 2 d report, d CBN cheif said it wil nt. IMAGINE!
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by profola2be(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
my brother,na for which UNIVERSITY you study your own Economics?
the last time i check,selling of Bond is to mop up money on circulation so as to reduce inflationary rate.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by profola2be(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
my brother,na for which UNIVERSITY you study your own Economics?
the last time i check,selling of Bond is to mop up money in circulation so as to reduce inflationary rate....

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Yacubes(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
obicentlis: Now, Nigerians can see the big difference between Soludo and Sanusi.
What the hell is the objective of this man. For a day, I never trusted this fellow. Soludo still remain the best the country has ever had. Take a look at his management of the economy, it was robust but what have we now?

In ur own view, the best! Maybe you made a mistake usin d superlative adjective cos am sure two thing are in comparation here.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by freshdew: 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
Opoki: I used to think SLS was vibrant in economic policies that improves standard but i was dead wrong, Soludo is far more better, keeping USD @ bay of #120 ad well as other currencies. Why shuld SLS decided to thread d old path Soludo throded? Soludo introduced Coin and was generally rejected! Even banks reject it!
Opoki: I used to think SLS was vibrant in economic policies that improves standard but i was dead wrong, Soludo is far more better, keeping USD @ bay of #120 ad well as other currencies. Why shuld SLS decided to thread d old path Soludo throded? Soludo introduced Coin and was generally rejected! Even banks reject it!
[quote author=Opoki]I used to think SLS was vibrant in economic policies)monetary policies.lol
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by profola2be(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Remii:

that is a real problem my guy, SLS has more killing and anti growth policies that the populace and elite say nothing about. Just last month CBN issued directives that make interest rates when up by almost 5% more. At a time when UK and US are almost lending money at 0%, Nigerians are borrowing at almost 35%, these guys are not protesting that. Very sad.

my brother,the thing no comot you na,you fit lead the protest,we go follow you.
if them no protest,you will still complain,now that they protest,you are complaining.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by yohannazack(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Wat do u xpect frm sombody who is supos to be teachin almajiris kur'an, is made CBN chief? Dats 9ja fo, anytin goes. Howerver, may GOD bless dino malaye fo sendin a message to (satanic/sadist) sanusi lamido sanusi dat, nigerians are not fools. If he has charmed gej to be tongue-tied, the masses can never be victims too. Where are the CNPPs, and other civil society grups, i urge u to join hands wit dino malaye to fight dis monster called sanusi lamido sanusi until he changed dis unpopula and people unfrendly so called international best practice (satanic and anti-christ) plan of his. There is a need fo all nigerians to make sanusi lamido sanusi knw dat he is notin and he cannot impos on nigerians wat we dont want. And pls, its not everybody dat is attention seeker. If others are, i beliv dino is not. Mor grease to ur elbo dino.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by ochallo: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
can you throw more light on that?
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Remii(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ijebulogic:

I dont understand the reasoning behind the "rounding up" issue. People have been selling goods for N4500 for years, why round up to N5000?. Why dont newspaper sellers round up papers to N200 instead of N150? Since we have a N200 note and no N150 note? why is a bottle of coke/fanta N70 and not rounded up to N100? The list is endless. We need to think through some of these assumptions with clarity.

bros, ask them oo. If the supplies don't increase price of pure water to retailers and your income remains the same, would you buy pure water for N100 just because N10 is in coins?
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by oubi: 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2012

Ūя̲̅ papa weh b nationalist has added what contribution.. undecided

1 Like

Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by charzyn: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
Abeg make im introduce the coin so that goldsmith them go dey melt am dey design correct pendant.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by yohannazack(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Vire can u pls tel me wats hapenin to swiss economy rite now? With reference to swisbank.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Remii(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
profola2be:

my brother,the thing no comot you na,you fit lead the protest,we go follow you.
if them no protest,you will still complain,now that they protest,you are complaining.

lol grin grin grin. my bros those guys are always playing to the gallery. You will never see them calling masses attention to salient govt actions like increase in price of diesel or aviation fuel or kerosine or increase in VAT or multiple tax, etc. You will always here noise when obvious issues are being discussed on the media so that populace will think they are on their side.
Re: N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
You guys blame Sanusi, I blame the man that appointed him!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Nyibango & Muduhu In Adamawa, Many Feared Killed / Gunmen Abduct Four INEC Officials In Bauchi / Sagay: "I Asked Oshiomhole To Contest Presidency Against OBJ In 2003, Not 2023"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.