Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request (23743 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Storm NASS Over DSS Invasion / Former House Of Reps Members Storm NASS, Beg For Jobs - Punch / Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by MrNL(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
The request sent to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari for approval of a $75 million loan request by Edo State may be running into turbulent waters, as protesters, on Wednesday, stormed the National Assembly, urging legislators not to approve the request by the Edo State government.

President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday, August 4, 2015 written to the National Assembly seeking the approval of the loan being the second tranche of the $ 225 million World Bank granted the Edo State government under the 2012-2014 external borrowings.

The protesters displayed placards at the main entrance of the National Assembly, with some of the placards reading: “Don’t approve the loan”, ” We don’t want loan” and ” We want action”.

They stormed the assembly at about 10.a.m. when Senators were going in for the day’s legislative duties.

In the same vein, the Senate, on Wednesday, referred the request to its Standing Committee on Local and Foreign Debts.

The motion for the loan request was moved by the Senate leader, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, and it was seconded by Senator Philip Tanimu Aduda of the FCT.

Ruling on the motion, the Senate President, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki, granted Ndume’s request and referred it to the committee on debts.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/05/protesters-storm-nass-over-buharis-edo-loan-request/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by MrNL(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by ELTON123(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
0K cheesy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by kossyablaze(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nawa o...Chineke bikozienu napu ekwensu ike ka anyi zuo ike maka nwuo mmiri togbo iko n'obodo anyia bu Nigeria.
I'm SORRY if u can't understand what I wrote.Itz just a prayer hommie.
KOSSYABLAZE.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Uncleodi(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Why is the April 2015 Nigerian law school examination results not out?

They keep postponing the release of the results keeping a lot of students in morbid tension.

We want change, not delay. Haba!!

Pls the relevant authorities should look into this as a matter of urgency.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
I don't know why a mad man wif just less dan a year in office will wanna eat d star(future) of d people of Edo wit dat his foreign ekwensu called laila

I want to change my state, I know Rivers state will accept me.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by RichDad1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Enemies of progress. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by dunkem21(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
They already know that the governor is suffering from numerical diarrhea grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by onomeasike: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I don't know why a mad man wif just less dan a year in office will wanna eat d star(future) of d people of Edo wit dat his foreign ekwensu called laila
grin grin See beef shocked

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by sigiyaya(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Oshe baba waz up now.........

ROCHAS keenly waiting for the outcome, sure he needs loan too grin grin grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by kulobyno: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
PDP has cooked banga soup for APC.hope there's eba abi na agidi.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Edo state is yet to clear the backlog of loans granted them before and yet the President wants another approved? For what if I may ask Well, no one holds them accountable hence the carefree attitude they always display.

36 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by tola9ja: 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Ekiseme(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ok na
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by einsteino(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
May we learn to live within our means, may we amass wealth for generations unborn and not debts.

Peter obi suceeded in doing this for Anambra, thus providing Gov obiano a solid base for the giant strides he has been making. Thats why i say obiano owes his performance to peter obi.

In my state, our foolish Uduaghan left a debt of 600+billion naira, leaving the incoming govt bankrupt. Now our old bendel brothers(Edo) are abt to tow the same line. We need to enact a law to curtail this.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by tola9ja: 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Erosion money
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Richie0974: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmm...sometimes you read some things and you just sigh....this is one...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by naijaxplorer: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ok

Just came here to advertise my signature
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by sweetfordays(f): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Iara are you there sis?

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by AutoCarTracker(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmm, and they think they can change anything with their movement?
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by bencobenz(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sponsored protesters. PDP will never change!

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by luvinhubby(m): 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Approving more loans for the "GO & DIE" governor to squander on more frivolities.
These governors like Oshiomhole should be made to account for the funds they have received so far before granting them access to more funds to waste.

16 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by enkay2go(f): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ok na
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by iykejohn(m): 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
d propagada game don start i no pdp go lik go against tins lik dis
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by gbrown(m): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
see jealousy
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Pearlyakin(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
akin
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
After the Raggae comes the Blues
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Loan again?
seems Nigerian politicians never learn.
Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by mandax: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lol, Adam Oshiomwhole could not even hold citizens of his state contented, instead he runs his mouth against people who served and had to withstand local and international pressure as they served Nigeria.

Roguish? With just one year left in office, why must Oshiomwhole go for such a jumbo loan?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by funkybully(f): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

The ugly midget in Edo govt house is looking for money for next year election. It's obvious this is d reason he was attacking NOI recently.

I pray the Senate turn down d loan request before this goat of a governor hand unpayable loan to generation to come in Edo

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by kodlins(f): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
bencobenz:
Sponsored protesters. PDP will never change!

Even when the truth is glaring to you?
Come to Edo and see the plight of the people.

How does he hope to pay back?
Ge os,sue to leave office in less than a year with no plan on how to service the loan yet you shout sponsored protesters.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request by ultrazone2(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
asdffsd

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governors Plan To Float New Party / "Osinbajo Is Better Than Buhari, Take It Or Leave It" – PDP Youths / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.