Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments (9549 Views)

Buhari And APC Chiefs Stealing N25B Via TSA. / First Bank Seize Ibori's Oil Rig Over N25B Debt. / Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by billante(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2012
The Federal Government on Tuesday said it paid atotal of N25billion to contractors handling various projects under the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme fund (SURE-P) in various locations across the country.
The beneficiary contractors include, Dantata & Sawoe Construction Nigeria Limited, which is handling the Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja road (Abuja-Sheda Junction) and the 510 kilometre Kano-Maiduguri (Kano-Wudil-Shuarin) road dualisation scheme; and China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) for the railway projects on Idu-Kaduna and Jebba-Kano rail line rehabilitation.
The Programme’s Office in Abuja said other companies paid for the SURE-P projects in variousparts of the country include Reynold ConstructionCo. for work on East-West Road section 3 (Port Harcourt-Eket) and Benin-Ore-Shagamu section 1;Esser West Africa for the Eastern rail line projects from Port Harcourt-Makurdi; Niger Construction Limited for Enugu-Onitsha road dualisation; Costain West Africa for railway rehabilitation from Jebba-Kano; and Messr Gitto Construzioni for workon Abuja-Lokoja road.
The SURE-P office disclosed further that the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme Committee has approved the appointment of workers supporting the programme on Maternal and Child Health in some states.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/99018-dantata-others-receive-n25billion-sure-p-payments.html
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by karlmax2: 10:15am On Sep 05, 2012
At least we know who the FG is paying and what project they are handling.can the publisher of this aticle tell us what his state and local govermnent area are doing with their own share of the subsidy?.

1 Like

Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by inspirenet: 10:38am On Sep 05, 2012
karl max: At least we know who the FG is paying and what project they are handling.can the publisher of this aticle tell us what his state and local govermnent area are doing with their own share of the subsidy?.
undecided
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by hillsate: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
How many times do they want to award this same abuja-abaji-lokoja road? Haba!

@OP, do you have any document that proves any such payment?
We just even heard another story of oil marketers denying any payments from FG.
I have since learnt to take any word for FG with a pinch of salt.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by billante(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
hillsate: How many times do they want to award this same abuja-abaji-lokoja road? Haba!

I should give u documents dat prove the goverment's payments Are u high on gas fumes?!

That abuja-lokoja road has been awarded before doesn't mean it has been reawarded again with the sure-p program...FG is just using their sure-p savings to fund the contracts they have awarded since!! FG Mostly award contracts with mobilization fee! They remaining part of the money most times enters voicemail! That's why abandon projects full everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by sped1oro(m): 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
SURE-P programme,i hope it stood the test of time anyway.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Tlake(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Let's see hw dis ends,there s always fund disbursement,na garri una go soak at d end of una lyf if u abandone dis projectsz
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
[size=13pt] Holly Molly. I guess most of the funds have gone into funding Jaiz Islamic Banklipsrsealed[/size]

1 Like

Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by alaoeri: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Coming back from a day ban just bcuz i mention that essential commodity that shouldn't be mention 'na wah for the mods'
@topic op haven't u heard that SURE P is not SURE, all these contracts awarding 'll still boils down to same old story.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by ujukala: 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
dantata??
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by adconline(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Never ending Enugu-Onitsha expressway RE-AWARDED!
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by yankidelta(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
billante:

I should give u documents dat prove the goverment's payments Are u high on gas fumes?!

That abuja-lokoja road has been awarded before doesn't mean it has been reawarded again with the sure-p program...FG is just using their sure-p savings to fund the contracts they have awarded since!! FG Mostly award
contracts with mobilization fee! They remaining part of the money most times enters voicemail! That's why abandon projects full everywhere.

@ Billante, share the views of Hillsate. For Instance that contract for PH-Eket rd has been awarded RCC for not less than 3yrs ago. So does it mean that without SURE-P the contract wouldn't be completed. Something's amiss guy.Make we dey watch dey go.sounds like NOT SO SURE-P
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by acidtalk: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
This time next year they will award THE VERY SAME CONTRACT TO DIFFERENT CONTRACTORS AT TRIPPLE THE AMOUNT.

Jonathan and his government are just to confused. It is obvious they spend their entire time on Social Media Platforms watching out for what Nigerias are saying about them instead of working hard to make the lives of Nigerians better.

Because we were asking some few days back what they have used the so called Sure-P money to do, now they are here with some crappy tales.

You all can buy all the jewerries and properties on earth but you can never buy two things which are LIFE and HEAVEN.

One day you will account to your Lord how you improved the lives of those who you were made to govern.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by ijebugarri1: 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Its a nice move by the government but I believe it will be of more benefit if they invest the money in staple food providers like garri
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
When did they bid for these contracts and I have been looking at the pages of News Papers so I can bid for any of these contracts. This is crazy, how can I swim in a river and soap enter my eyes. I got to make some calls.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by gentlegg(m): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
billante: The Federal Government on Tuesday said it paid atotal of N25billion to contractors handling various projects under the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme fund (SURE-P) in various locations across the country.
The beneficiary contractors include, Dantata & Sawoe Construction Nigeria Limited, which is handling the Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja road (Abuja-Sheda Junction) and the 510 kilometre Kano-Maiduguri (Kano-Wudil-Shuarin) road dualisation scheme; and China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) for the railway projects on Idu-Kaduna and Jebba-Kano rail line rehabilitation.
The Programme’s Office in Abuja said other companies paid for the SURE-P projects in variousparts of the country include Reynold ConstructionCo. for work on East-West Road section 3 (Port Harcourt-Eket) and Benin-Ore-Shagamu section 1;Esser West Africa for the Eastern rail line projects from Port Harcourt-Makurdi; Niger Construction Limited for Enugu-Onitsha road dualisation; Costain West Africa for railway rehabilitation from Jebba-Kano; and Messr Gitto Construzioni for workon Abuja-Lokoja road.
The SURE-P office disclosed further that the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme Committee has approved the appointment of workers supporting the programme on Maternal and Child Health in some states.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/99018-dantata-others-receive-n25billion-sure-p-payments.html

Is it the same Enugu-Onitsha road i know in the east or the Enugu-Onitsha road in the north
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by taharqa: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
acidtalk: This time next year they will award THE VERY SAME CONTRACT TO DIFFERENT CONTRACTORS AT TRIPPLE THE AMOUNT.

Jonathan and his government are just to confused. It is obvious they spend their entire time on Social Media Platforms watching out for what Nigerias are saying about them instead of working hard to make the lives of Nigerians better.

Because we were asking some few days back what they have used the so called Sure-P money to do, now they are here with some crappy tales.

You all can buy all the jewerries and properties on earth but you can never buy two things which are LIFE and HEAVEN.

One day you will account to your Lord how you improved the lives of those who you were made to govern.
My frnd Shut yr Mouth and stop spitting Ignorance in public- am sick of some Nigerians doing dis and wot is worse, wit 'swagger'. The award of a contract is diff 4rm payments. Only Mobilizatn fees are paid immediately afta the award of a contract(which is just paper work), provisions for other payments are sequenced over d life span of d project, usuali yearly cos we operate annual budgets. For a 3 yr project 4 instance, there may be payments d 1st yr and none or little d 2nd yr, which is one of d reasons(apart 4rm corruptn of course) we hv arguably d highest no of abandond projects in d world. No body is (re)awarding d listd projects since all of dem are actuali ongoing(some of dem like d railways are in fact almost complete); additional payments are just bn made 4rm anoda source(SURE-P) in orda to fast track d completion... Whether they wud all be actuali completed and d role dat Corruptn will play in all of dat, is anoda matter. It is now left for us to monitor both d contractors and govt to mk sure d projects are completed(it is actuali a good tin dat d govt is beginning to publish who they pay monies to like they also recently did wit Oil Marketers; it is a small beginning, we must demand 4 more nd act appropiately)
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by billante(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
gentlegg:

Is it the same Enugu-Onitsha road i know in the east or the Enugu-Onitsha road in the north

It Is the same you know! Niger-cat construction company is doing some part, CCC is doing the other part
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wat of zerock construction company,has it gone extinct? Just asking o though i know is not a casaflakes (G unit) mata
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by billante(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
yankidelta:

@ Billante, share the views of Hillsate. For Instance that contract for PH-Eket rd has been awarded RCC for not less than 3yrs ago. So does it mean that without SURE-P the contract wouldn't be completed. Something's amiss guy.Make we dey watch dey go.sounds like NOT SO SURE-P

When a contract is awarded the complete contract money is not lying some where in d bank for the d contract! As work progresses govt funds d contract from its diffrent source of income! East-west road contract is huge and captial sapping! I think d FG is funding it as it earns revenue, not forgetting that other sectors and projects likewise need their own funding.

I think d problem is govt awards too many contract they don't really have the sufficient finances to excute! Just because they have to satisfy political promises they made without thinking....FEC meetings are always a contract awarding bazzar.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by dedeike: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
Governance is not an oral exercise. It is easy to criticise from the comfort of your bedroom. But when it comes to performance, it's a different ball game.
When as president, you are confronted with several memos and proposals begging for attention and funding you will then know why roads are reawarded due to funding.

At the moment, govt is battling to meet up with its subsidy payments, security funding, diplomatic expenses for its missions abroad etc.
In the midst of these, they have an increased minimum wage bills to offset. So many new projects including the refurbishment of the international airports. Rehabilitation of railways, refurbishment of power plants, port reforms and commissioning,

While you are contending with these projects, your attention is drawn to the stoppage of work on roads awarded before your tenure. Meanwhile, you had clearly set out to do some other roads earmarked in the budget by your minister of works. For example, this govt gave priority attention to the much neglected Benin-Ore-Sagamu road and awarded it to Reynolds construction and co. They also awarded the Apapa-Oshodi to Julius Berger with a mandate for expansions and drainages.

But work on East-West, Abuja-Lokoja awarded by Obj are stalled due to paucity of funds. The FG had to review the basis and terms of the award and has resolved to re award same under the SURE P. is that not responsive leadership? Why is it so difficult for some people to understand this?

There were challenges facing the completion of those roads awarded under OBJ. The East West road was abandoned at the peak of the Militancy in Niger Delta. The companies also complained about the terrain and demanded for an upward review.

1 Like

Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by enm(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
taharqa: My frnd Shut yr Mouth and stop spitting Ignorance in public- am sick of some Nigerians doing dis and wot is worse, wit 'swagger'. The award of a contract is diff 4rm payments. Only Mobilizatn fees are paid immediately afta the award of a contract(which is just paper work), provisions for other payments are sequenced over d life span of d project, usuali yearly cos we operate annual budgets. For a 3 yr project 4 instance, there may be payments d 1st yr and none or little d 2nd yr, which is one of d reasons(apart 4rm corruptn of course) we hv arguably d highest no of abandond projects in d world. No body is (re)awarding d listd projects since all of dem are actuali ongoing(some of dem like d railways are in fact almost complete); additional payments are just bn made 4rm anoda source(SURE-P) in orda to fast track d completion... Whether they wud all be actuali completed and d role dat Corruptn will play in all of dat, is anoda matter. It is now left for us to monitor both d contractors and govt to mk sure d projects are completed(it is actuali a good tin dat d govt is beginning to publish who they pay monies to like they also recently did wit Oil Marketers; it is a small beginning, we must demand 4 more nd act appropiately)

Thank you. i hope other will learn from you and comment sensibly or beter still ask question if confused as some of us are doing.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by DeGenius3(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
the thing is the companies that have gotten this contract should

at least do it with all honesty and sincerity.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by werepeLeri: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
hillsate: How many times do they want to award this same abuja-abaji-lokoja road? Haba!

English Language is a problem - the award is different from payment. Haba.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by emmatok(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
werepeLeri:

English Language is a problem - the award is different from payment. Haba.

Why pay twice for thesame project.
I smell Fraud.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by enm(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
emmatok:

I smell Fraud.

The FG is not paying twice but the money due the contractor for job done, that is after the job must have been certified to be ok and worth the money to be paid.

Note this certification is done by an official of the ministry responsible for the project (pls correct me if am wrong ) but the onus is on us to make sure that the contractor actually did a good job and whether the money paid worth the job done and we can start by visiting this project site and post our finding here with irrefutable proof.

1 Like

Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by coded777: 1:34am On Sep 06, 2012
Betta for them.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Dpeacemaker101: 1:47am On Sep 06, 2012
dedeike: Governance is not an oral exercise. It is easy to criticise from the comfort of your bedroom. But when it comes to performance, it's a different ball game.
When as president, you are confronted with several memos and proposals begging for attention and funding you will then know why roads are reawarded due to funding.

At the moment, govt is battling to meet up with its subsidy payments, security funding, diplomatic expenses for its missions abroad etc.
In the midst of these, they have an increased minimum wage bills to offset. So many new projects including the refurbishment of the international airports. Rehabilitation of railways, refurbishment of power plants, port reforms and commissioning,

While you are contending with these projects, your attention is drawn to the stoppage of work on roads awarded before your tenure. Meanwhile, you had clearly set out to do some other roads earmarked in the budget by your minister of works. For example, this govt gave priority attention to the much neglected Benin-Ore-Sagamu road and awarded it to Reynolds construction and co. They also awarded the Apapa-Oshodi to Julius Berger with a mandate for expansions and drainages.

But work on East-West, Abuja-Lokoja awarded by Obj are stalled due to paucity of funds. The FG had to review the basis and terms of the award and has resolved to re award same under the SURE P. is that not responsive leadership? Why is it so difficult for some people to understand this?

There were challenges facing the completion of those roads awarded under OBJ. The East West road was abandoned at the peak of the Militancy in Niger Delta. The companies also complained about the terrain and demanded for an upward review.

Same thing happened with the Abuja Lokoja route. Work was suspended for insufficiency of financing. I think it's a problem of continuity in government generally. When a government exits, the successor has problems in reconciling pre existing terms of the contract with the contractor.it is commendable that the incumbent FG is reviving these projects via SURE P.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 06, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by werepeLeri: 4:06am On Sep 06, 2012
emmatok:

I smell Fraud.

Where is your proof the Govt is paying twice? The project is still ongoing - payments are made as per milestones achieved. Abeg - lets think before we talk.
Re: Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments by lurvy: 5:25am On Sep 06, 2012
if this money isnt embezzled but rather injected into the Nigerian economy, it will greatly reduce the price of commodities like 'rriga' in the market...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorists Kill 22, Kidnap 67 In Katsina, Zamfara, Set Houses Ablaze / BREAKING: Peter Obi Won 2023 Presidential Election — Wike / The Biggest Problem The Yoruba Have In This World Is The Igbo Problem - Marcus K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.