Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People (37076 Views)

Things Successful People That Differentiate Them From Ordinary / 15 Surprising Ways Rich People Think Differently / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by a1solution: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
The person that wrote this belong to my school of thought.
I like it!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by rightlagos: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nice 1. Thank u brother. I wrote them down and will meditate over it.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by AjanleKoko: 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Isn't the bolded what "I gonna-wanna Americanism" is all about? cheesy

Nah.
I admire Americans because they create more stuff than anybody else. Microsoft, Apple, Disney, etc. They're a nation of makers and doers.
However, not all the makers get paid. A good number of riches were made by smooth-talking smart alecks, off the back of true hardworking innovators.

Imagine a Mitt Romney saying 'I didn't go to Vietnam because I was too important' and the average American sees nothing wrong with that
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by solid3(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
How do you take action on the ideas you have without money to so u cld be rich? Or better still how wld u use money in other peeps pocket to achieve ur money spinning ideas?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
I am satisfied that 100% of those rules plus extra ones had always ruled my life. Little wonder I crossed that mark at just 25yrs of age, never to go back again.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by schorlbone(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis:

No! He gives riches to those who are ready . .

I REFUSE TO JOIN THE RAT RACE!
I hear you grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ebamma(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
,what about our politicians and ex militants who have stole from us and become rich do the also follow the points made in this author's article?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by schorlbone(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: I am satisfied that 100% of those rules plus extra ones had always ruled my life. Little wonder I crossed that mark at just 25yrs of age, never to go back again.
how old are you now sir? I'm guessing 57, I'm I right? grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by schorlbone(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: I am satisfied that 100% of those rules plus extra ones had always ruled my life. Little wonder I crossed that mark at just 25yrs of age, never to go back again.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by AjanleKoko: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2012

Yeah. On the Internet, you can be anything grin

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
schorlbone: how old are you now sir? I'm guessing 57, I'm I right? grin
No, you are left!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
LinkedIn is for the people you know, Facebook is for the people you used to know, Twitter is for people you want to know, Nairaland is for people you'd rather not know .......991

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
What drives the rich to make more money is different from what drives the rich, the poor man sees making money as a struggle or calls it hustle as the case may be whilst the rich see it as fun and derive pleasure in doing what it takes...shikina

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
991: LinkedIn is for the people you know, Facebook is for the people you used to know, Twitter is for people you want to know, Nairaland is for people you'd rather not know .......991
Funny but yet, so true!

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okija_juju: Another Way Rich People Think Differently from ordinary People is their Eating Habit: A rich man is concerned about things like table manners, using the right cutlery for the appropiate food. eg is the Spoon settings at a rich mans restaurant. There are 5 spoons and 5 forks for different foods and non can be used for the other.. While a Poor Man would eat Garri with his bare hands, A rich man would use fork and Knife.
I totally beg to disagree with you. I can choose to eat eba or pounded yam with my bare hands and will most definitely not affect my ability to get rich or stay richer. That, in my opinion is basic cultural diversity and has nothing with being rich or poor.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
millionairemind: What drives the rich to make more money is different from what drives the rich, the poor man sees making money as a struggle or calls it hustle as the case may be whilst the rich see it as fun and derive pleasure in doing what it takes...shikina
not too coherent sir. Give it one more shot.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Okijajuju1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
miredia: I totally beg to disagree with you. I can choose to eat eba or pounded yam with my bare hands and will most definitely not affect my ability to get rich or stay richer. That, in my opinion is basic cultural diversity and has nothing with being rich or poor.

WHAT!!!! Did you read the threads title?!

WAYS RICH PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM THE POOR.

When I was poor, I never could quite understand why I had to hold my fork in my left hand (as I obviously wasnt left handed and my knife in my right) and the case wasnt reverse for lefty's.. I never understood the difference between a salad fork, a dinner fork, a fish fork, a soup spoon etc.. Why not just use the same darn spoon for all.? The rich call it table manners, the poor call it unneccessary gra gra.

Now I am in a restaurant and see this guy eating GARRI with Ogbono soup with his bare hands. that shiit was just ghetto!! Like nigga get a GARRI spoon or GARRI fork for christ sakes!! Thats how the rich differ from the poor eating habit wise.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
miredia: not too coherent sir. Give it one more shot.
What he wrote made sense to me, but I can understand why it doesnt make sense to you.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by moderatorr: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: I think it's bullshyte.
Rich people don't think differently from ordinary people. They like to put a spin on things, like they are mavericks or something. Fat chance. They just have some advantage or opportunity that's not available to everyone else. Many times it is not of their own doing, just circumstance that puts them in a position to make money.

Rich people also don't believe in fairness and equity. Always willing to go the extra mile, even dishonestly. What you would normally find reprehensible, or morally impossible, rich people have no problem doing it.

Imagine that woman blaming the middle class for drinking and socializing. Who throws elaborate and expensive parties more than rich people?
sorry for your mentality

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by b03liberty(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
10. Average people believe you need money to make money. Rich people use other people's money.
People won't trust you with their money/wealth ,no matter how richly business idea you are having...OPM is only possible if you've started with let say substantial money...MONEY MAKE MONEY shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
991: LinkedIn is for the people you know, Facebook is for the people you used to know, Twitter is for people you want to know, Nairaland is for people you'd rather not know .......991

100% Truth!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
b03liberty: 10. Average people believe you need money to make money. Rich people use other people's money.
People won't trust you with their money/wealth ,no matter how richly business idea you are having...OPM is only possible if you've started with let say substantial money...MONEY MAKE MONEY shocked shocked shocked
You can do business with other people's money without putting a dime of your own, credit facilities are a clear example. Do you know about Private Placement Programmes and High Yield bullet alternative Investments ? Knowledge makes the difference
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: What he wrote made sense to me, but I can understand why it doesnt make sense to you.
I mistook the disjointed words in the first phrase but later understood what he meant. wat can a man like me tell a billionaire like u.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Leobreezy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
OMG! Anoda long prolix, how do i read this one now? @op Be considerate in d length of ur write-up na, eye don dey pain me o!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Emmy9ite(m): 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
So on point. I need to write this smiley
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Cleverley(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Being rich shape people's thinking,
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHAT!!!! Did you read the threads title?!

WAYS RICH PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM THE POOR.

When I was poor, I never could quite understand why I had to hold my fork in my left hand (as I obviously wasnt left handed and my knife in my right) and the case wasnt reverse for lefty's.. I never understood the difference between a salad fork, a dinner fork, a fish fork, a soup spoon etc.. Why not just use the same darn spoon for all.? The rich call it table manners, the poor call it unneccessary gra gra.

Now I am in a restaurant and see this guy eating GARRI with Ogbono soup with his bare hands. that shiit was just ghetto!! Like nigga get a GARRI spoon or GARRI fork for christ sakes!! Thats how the rich differ from the poor eating habit wise.
Sir, the rich man in skokie Illinois has a different eating culture from the billionaire from hadieja jigawa. It's pretty straight forward isn't it?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by DeGenius3(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
The truth is "as a man Thinks, so he is"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by kaeto(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich people don't think differently from ordinary people. They like to put a spin on things, like they are mavericks or something. Fat chance. They just have some advantage or opportunity that's not available to everyone else. Many times it is not of their own doing, just circumstance that puts them in a position to make money.

Rich people also don't believe in fairness and equity. Always willing to go the extra mile, even dishonestly. What you would normally find reprehensible, or morally impossible, rich people have no problem doing it.

Imagine that woman blaming the middle class for drinking and socializing. Who throws elaborate and expensive parties more than rich people?
an extremely poor sense of judgement, I don't buy this crap,
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2012

Spoken like a true middle class, life isn't fair and the rich know this, when the rich throw parties, trust me its for business purposes, they are with like minds and intend to mingle with new like minds for the purpose of discussing new acquisitions, pending business deals and growing their business empire. They dont have the time to drown their sorrows in a couple of beers at the pub or be surrounded by gloom, or people who suck up to them which is what the middle class is all about all the time.
No offence, i totally agree 1billion and 1 percent with what Siebold wrote, he said the whole truth. I am not rich yet, but i know i would be some day, i would also live below my means in luxurious comfort and have some king's ransom stash in some place somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by kaeto(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
Article 22, The rich hates accademic portfolios and protocols, they often bypass and break rules, not legal laws o, but some neck stiffening bow tie shit . Out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Pervert Manager / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job / Where And Which Organisation / Company Is Recruiting : Help Someone In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.