Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People (36845 Views)

Things Successful People That Differentiate Them From Ordinary / 15 Surprising Ways Rich People Think Differently / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Too much theories.
There are no rules/specific ways of thinking that guarantees you wealth.

I do not know if you are a Christian or not. If yes, have you ever come across a bible passage which says ''As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he''? What does that statement mean to you?

Think rich and become rich, think poor and become poor. Moreover, was any man born with a Dollar bill in his hands

What then decides at birth how rich a person will be when he grows up all things being equal

You cant even expect a potential billionaire like ''Seun'' to work with a local government secretariat as a clerk.
Of course, thinking comes in. A receptionist and a programmer cannot think alike. The millionaires have spoken(via interviews) so your belief matters little.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHAT!!!! Did you read the threads title?!

WAYS RICH PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM THE POOR.

When I was poor, I never could quite understand why I had to hold my fork in my left hand (as I obviously wasnt left handed and my knife in my right) and the case wasnt reverse for lefty's.. I never understood the difference between a salad fork, a dinner fork, a fish fork, a soup spoon etc.. Why not just use the same darn spoon for all.? The rich call it table manners, the poor call it unneccessary gra gra.

Now I am in a restaurant and see this guy eating GARRI with Ogbono soup with his bare hands. that shiit was just ghetto!! Like nigga get a GARRI spoon or GARRI fork for christ sakes!! Thats how the rich differ from the poor eating habit wise.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by uceee(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
Forget luck. If you do not think in these ways, you'll probably miss your opportunity to become rich when IF it comes knocking. And if perchance you inherit wealth from your folks you'll be totally unable to manage/increase it by yourself. U'll only be able to survive with other people managing the wealth for you (But then Rich parents don't let their kids not think in these ways). And if you win that lottery you've been hoping/praying to win, you'll probably spend most of the dough uselessly and go back to your middle class life existence. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by dondada78(m): 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
maclatunji: 11. Average people believe the markets are driven by logic and strategy. Rich people know they're driven by emotion and greed.

Investing successfully in the stock market isn't just about a fancy math formula.

"The rich know that the primary emotions that drive financial markets are fear and greed, and they factor this into all trades and trends they observe," Siebold writes.

"This knowledge of human nature and its overlapping impact on trading give them strategic advantage in building greater wealth through leverage."

12. Average people live beyond their means.
Rich people live below theirs.

"Here's how to live below your means and tap into the secret wealthy people have used for centuries: Get rich so you can afford to," he writes.

"The rich live below their means, not because they're so savvy, but because they make so much money that they can afford to live like royalty while still having a king's ransom socked away for the future."

13. Average people teach their children how to survive. Rich people teach their kids to get rich.

Rich parents teach their kids from an early age about the world of "haves" and "have-nots," Siebold says. Even he admits many people have argued that he's supporting the idea of elitism.

He disagrees.

"[People] say parents are teaching their kids to look down on the masses because they're poor. This isn't true," he writes. "What they're teaching their kids is to see the world through the eyes of objective reality––the way society really is."

If children understand wealth early on, they'll be more likely to strive for it later in life.

14. Average people let money stress them out.
Rich people find peace of mind in wealth.

The reason wealthy people earn more wealth is that they're not afraid to admit that money can solve most problems, Siebold says.

"[The middle class] sees money as a never-ending necessary evil that must be endured as part of life. The world class sees money as the great liberator, and with enough of it, they are able to purchase financial peace of mind."

15. Average people would rather be entertained than educated.
Rich people would rather be educated than entertained.

While the rich don't put much stock in furthering wealth through formal education, they appreciate the power of learning long after college is over, Siebold says.

"Walk into a wealthy person's home and one of the first things you'll see is an extensive library of books they've used to educate themselves on how to become more successful," he writes.

"The middle class reads novels, tabloids and entertainment magazines."

16. Average people think rich people are snobs. Rich people just want to surround themselves with like-minded people.

The negative money mentality poisoning the middle class is what keeps the rich hanging out with the rich, he says.

"[Rich people] can't afford the messages of doom and gloom," he writes. "This is often misinterpreted by the masses as snobbery.

Labeling the world class as snobs is another way the middle class finds to feel better bout themselves and their chosen path of mediocrity."

17. Average people focus on saving.
Rich people focus on earning.

Siebold theorizes that the wealthy focus on what they'll gain by taking risks, rather than how to save what they have.

"The masses are so focused on clipping coupons and living frugally they miss major opportunities," he writes.

"Even in the midst of a cash flow crisis, the rich reject the nickle and dime thinking of the masses. They are the masters of focusing their mental energy where it belongs: on the big money."

18. Average people play it safe with money
. Rich people know when to take risks.

"Leverage is the watchword of the rich," Siebold writes.

"Every investor loses money on occasion, but the world class knows no matter what happens, they will aways be able to earn more."

19. Average people love to be comfortable. Rich people find comfort in uncertainty.

For the most part, it takes guts to take the risks necessary to make it as a millionaire––a challenge most middle class thinkers aren't comfortable living with.

"Physical, psychological, and emotional comfort is the primary goal of the middle class mindset," Siebold writes.

World class thinkers learn early on that becoming a millionaire isn't easy and the need for comfort can be devastating. They learn to be comfortable while operating in a state of ongoing uncertainty."

20. Average people never make the connection between money and health. Rich people know money can save your life.

While the middle class squabbles over the virtues of Obamacare and their company's health plan, the super wealthy are enrolled in a super elite "boutique medical care" association, Siebold says.

"They pay a substantial yearly membership fee that guarantees them 24-hour access to a private physician who only serves a small group of members," he writes.

"Some wealthy neighborhoods have implemented this strategy and even require the physician to live in the neighborhood."

21. Average people believe they must choose between a great family and being rich. Rich people know you can have it all.

The idea the wealth must come at the expense of family time is nothing but a "cop-out", Siebold says.

"The masses have been brainwashed to believe it's an either/or equation," he writes. "The rich know you can have anything you want if you approach the challenge with a mindset rooted in love and abundance."

From Steve Siebold, author of "How Rich People Think."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-ways-rich-people-think-differently.html?page=2

This was culled from Rich Dad poor Dad joor................
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Emmy9ite(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
Guys some people are born with a silver spoon, some people can never get poor in this life again cos their parents have laid the foundation. Op most of your points are for those in america, in 9ja if u wanna get rich you either hustle hard, get connections or you do yahoo yahoo/fraud. Even contracts are awarded to friends,money moves in a circle,if you are not in, forget it! Thank you!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
obadiah777: ONLY NUMBER 4 IS SPOT ON. THE REST ARE ATTITUDES YOU ACQUIRE WHEN YOU GET RICH AND MOST RICH PEOPLE GOT RICH DURING SLAVERY ERA IN AMERICA. AND THE REST OF THE WEALTH IS THEN GENERATIONAL WEALTH THAT IS PASSED DOWN FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION. AS SUCH THIS ARTICLE IS NONSENSE EXCEPT FOR NUMBER 4

Your statement sounded more like nonsense. Your analysis shows you know how every rich person in America made their wealth.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by bigx(m): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Emmy9ite: Guys some people are born with a silver spoon, some people can never get poor in this life again cos their parents have laid the foundation. Op most of your points are for those in america, in 9ja if u wanna get rich you either hustle hard, get connections or you do yahoo yahoo/fraud. Even contracts are awarded to friends,money moves in a circle,if you are not in, forget it! Thank you!

Another of them grin

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis:

No! He gives riches to those who are ready . .

I REFUSE TO JOIN THE RAT RACE!

RAT RACE : joining a formula 1 race track every 7am.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
Abujafood: As an official rich man, I can tell you everything written here about us is absolutely correct! OP these are the secrets the rich know and desperately try to keep secret why did you break our code?

Uno well. U better change ur username to Cassava bread because that is the real Abujafood.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ACM10: 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Where can I buy the book so that I will make the author richer? grin

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
WHAT IS FOREIGN AID? Answer= Money taken from POOR people in RICH countries and given to RICH people in POOR countries. Thats exactly the mentality of the average American. They think they are rich because they are in a rich country. But when you go closer to them, my brother; them no get shishi.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: I think it's bullshyte.
Rich people don't think differently from ordinary people. They like to put a spin on things, like they are mavericks or something. Fat chance. They just have some advantage or opportunity that's not available to everyone else. Many times it is not of their own doing, just circumstance that puts them in a position to make money.

Rich people also don't believe in fairness and equity. Always willing to go the extra mile, even dishonestly. What you would normally find reprehensible, or morally impossible, rich people have no problem doing it.

Imagine that woman blaming the middle class for drinking and socializing. Who throws elaborate and expensive parties more than rich people?
See? That, ladies and gentle men, is how the poor thinks.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
omodapson: @poster, what do you mean by 'ordinary' ppl? I think that word is demeaning. Let me ask, are you rich? If not, it would be right for me to call you ordinary?
Abeg rephrase your topic. Thanks.
The poor and the average earners equals= ordinary! Savvy? No rephrasal please.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
*solid*:
How do you take action on the ideas you have without money to so u cld be rich? Or better still how wld u use money in other peeps pocket to achieve ur money spinning ideas?

Thinking... But i know its true. One major way is through stock floatation.... Or simply going public. Am thinking of other ways of using people's money as a starter.

The truth is that for you to be rich, you must use other people's head to get their money but in a legal way oo. I spent most of my time in 2010/2011 thinking, today it is paying off.

A rich man is also a very restless person, I have started thinking again 12months after birthing a major idea breakthrough. Wealth is truely in the mind.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
skydeep: And how about those that were poor before they became rich. How do they think?
As was written in this post!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Shaw007(m): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
omodapson: @poster, what do you mean by 'ordinary' ppl? I think that word is demeaning. Let me ask, are you rich? If not, it would be right for me to call you ordinary?
Abeg rephrase your topic. Thanks.
i think he said very clearly that he wasnt claiming to be rich. . .and besides he isnt the author of that article,he merely shared it
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHAT!!!! Did you read the threads title?!

WAYS RICH PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM THE POOR.

When I was poor, I never could quite understand why I had to hold my fork in my left hand (as I obviously wasnt left handed and my knife in my right) and the case wasnt reverse for lefty's.. I never understood the difference between a salad fork, a dinner fork, a fish fork, a soup spoon etc.. Why not just use the same darn spoon for all.? The rich call it table manners, the poor call it unneccessary gra gra.

Now I am in a restaurant and see this guy eating GARRI with Ogbono soup with his bare hands. that shiit was just ghetto!! Like nigga get a GARRI spoon or GARRI fork for christ sakes!! Thats how the rich differ from the poor eating habit wise.

Your eating habits cannot make you richer or poorer. Just accept that. The article is giving you a mindset you should acquire to accumulate wealth and eating habits isnt there.

Note that it aims at coaching an ordinary person to making wealth and not necesarrily refering to what a rich man does to ''act'' rich or living habits. Okay

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jimatex: Rich people fear wen sleeping
Which do you prefere? Securing yourself as a rich man and sleeping unsecured as a poor man. No other option!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Leobreezy: OMG! Anoda long prolix, how do i read this one now? @op Be considerate in d length of ur write-up na, eye don dey pain me o!

22. A rich man does not give up till he gets to the bottom line ''Results''. grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by vislabraye(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
What does Ibori or the late Abacha have to say to this ?

People like Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Roman Abrahamovic etc are some of individuals who worked their way to the top.
Its quite unfortunate that in Africa, many of the rich guys are into shady deals.

In a society that worships wealth, people look for short cut. A lot of yahoo yahoo guys or some malo millionaires are not necessarily smarter than the average Nigerian.

And the fact that someone is struggling today does not mean he lacks these qualit(ies)y or mindset.

Humility and the teachability is also a very vital mindset which is usually ignored.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: To me, the richest people in the world are people that added something to it.
I mean, the current richest person in the world, Carlos Slim Helu, is a Mexican robber baron. I wonder if this guy's going to tell us that, in a country riddled with ruthless drug barons, his own money is squeaky-clean.

Or our very own Dangotes and Adenugas. They think differently from the rest of us? Yeah right.

I think the biggest fraud is the whole you-can-be-rich-if-you-only-adjust-your-attitude gist. What a crock. Sure you can improve your life if you adjust your attitude. But to be rich, a whole lotta stuff is involved.

Riches is simply acquisition of resources. How do you get everybody in the world to give you their resources? Ask them nicely? tongue
I pity your mentality, i guess you have resigned yourself to penury already since you don't know how to acquire resources.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Shaw007(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
To become rich you must be very greedy and be worse than oliver,only that you shudnt be scared 2 lose money,cos u'l simply get it back ten-fold,even the bible says it in that parable about talents,that "to whom who has more,more shall be given unto him,and he that has little,even that little shall be taken awya from him" what that means is simple. . .invest! Make more. . .keep your one naira in hand and u'll end up spending that one Naira

and yes,an 'average' person thinks money cannot buy happines,i tell you. . .Money is the very road 2 happiness,and of course,GOD!

The point i particularly liked,infact i still discussed it with a friend of mine 2day. . .follow your passion and then seek 2 get paid for it,u'l definitely turn out wealthy!!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by uceee(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: To me, the richest people in the world are people that added something to it.
Not necessarily.
I mean, the current richest person in the world, Carlos Slim Helu, is a Mexican robber baron. I wonder if this guy's going to tell us that, in a country riddled with ruthless drug barons, his own money is squeaky-clean.
Poor man's mode of thinking. "Rich guys are dishonest and evil". That's what you get when you take bible stories like "the Rich man and Lazarus" to heart or always read portions of the bible like: "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

Or our very own Dangotes and Adenugas. They think differently from the rest of us? Yeah right.
Of course they do. They contribute to the society and make money from goods sold/services rendered. They may be corrupt, but most of us are even more corrupt but cannot channel our corruption to fetch us billions.

I think the biggest fraud is the whole you-can-be-rich-if-you-only-adjust-your-attitude gist. What a crock. Sure you can improve your life if you adjust your attitude. But to be rich, a whole lotta stuff is involved.
Agreed. Not everyone will be rich, but we can all be comfortable if we change our attitudes

Riches is simply acquisition of resources. How do you get everybody in the world to give you their resources? Ask them nicely? tongue
No, you don't have to ask them. They'll be begging to give you their resources. Haven't you heard/seen how people queue outside apple stores to buy the latest gadgets or how people pre-order new games/movies released?

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by email1(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
vislabraye:

You speak like someone who's versed in the scripture. I like that.
God can make someone rich without fraud or dishonesty. Solomon is a good example and several others.
Thanks for the compliment. I wish I was more versed than the level I still find myself suprisingly. I just tried to point out that anointing from the head flows right down the beards. For pastors like Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, their members will have success mentality, but you can't rule out the fact that some read it from '...it is easier for a camel to pass through the eyes of a needle than for a rich man to inherit the kingdom of God.' (paraphrased) Mark 10:25.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
All those that questioned the authenticity of this post are the embroyos of wretchedness in our societies, most envious of all human class, and the laziest of all human family. Go to school without a specific God-given talent in mind to explore, hope on govt, hope on a relative, await break-through from some charlatans: so-called men of God(i wonder if you are a man of devil), and wait for lottery to shoot you to grandeur, then let's see what you become in life.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
All those who questioned this post are the problems of Nigeria and the cause of violence, hatred and backwardness of human race.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
uceee: Not necessarily.
Poor man's mode of thinking. "Rich guys are dishonest and evil". That's what you get when you take bible stories like "the Rich man and Lazarus" to heart or always read portions of the bible like: "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

Of course they do. They contribute to the society and make money from goods sold/services rendered. They may be corrupt, but most of us are even more corrupt but cannot channel our corruption to fetch us billions.

Agreed. Not everyone will be rich, but we can all be comfortable if we change our attitudes

No, you don't have to ask them. They'll be begging to give you their resources. Haven't you heard/seen how people queue outside apple stores to buy the latest gadgets or how people pre-order new games/movies released?

My guy, chop-knuckle.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by GARRISON2: 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
if you are rich, it means you like GARRI, but if you are poor it means you do not like garri. so anybody who likes garri is rich but if you do not like garri, (e.g seun and NL mods) then you are poor.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
*solid*:
How do you take action on the ideas you have without money to so u cld be rich? Or better still how wld u use money in other peeps pocket to achieve ur money spinning ideas?
Good! For instance, i have only #50,000:00 which is not sufficient to buy me enough goods, while the goods in question totaled #350,000:00, and i deposited the one i actually have with a plausible promise to pay off the rest after packing the goods, then i makes sales the whole day, and was able to pay more #200,000:00 that evening, giving the excuse that the banking network was not available or that the ATM machine is not disbursing, and that the balance would be payed tomorrow, and tomorrow, by mid-day, you make more sales and pay the wholesaler off. You made money using others pocket, that is how you grow in business. 'Using other peoples money to make more money'. There are others, but i can't put them to writing up-here.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
ebamma: ,what about our politicians and ex militants who have stole from us and become rich do the also follow the points made in this author's article?
Yes! They possesses courage which the mediocre others do not possess. 'In the real world, it is not the smart that prevails, but the bold'.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ZeusI: 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
b03liberty: 10. Average people believe you need money to make money. Rich people use other people's money.
People won't trust you with their money/wealth ,no matter how richly business idea you are having...OPM is only possible if you've started with let say substantial money...MONEY MAKE MONEY shocked shocked shocked
Think again, Idea makes money! If i see an opportunity that will fetch, say, twenty thousand naira, and i don't have a kobo, i simply call a guy who has money and we do the biz, and the share goes 40:60. I does that occasionally. How much did i put? Nothing. How much did i get? (do the math). Idea solves problems.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Garrilee: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2012
How does this affect the price of Garri sef......to much talk about money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / Female Welder, Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.