Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People (36847 Views)

Things Successful People That Differentiate Them From Ordinary / 15 Surprising Ways Rich People Think Differently / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
e-mail:
I strongly disagree with your view. I mean, we go to school to become better individuals, the reason we read is to pass exams. For God sake, the Bible points the gate to heaven. Reading this and applying this piece guarantees you financial success. Except you did not acquire any knowledge in school then your point has value.

IF I MAY ASK. WHO IN THIS WORLD HAVE RU MET , OR HEARD OF HAS BECOME RICH SIMPLY BY READING THESE BOOKS AND APPLYING THE TIPS? SERIOUSLY
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by email1(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
grin
Babzilla:

IF I MAY ASK. WHO IN THIS WORLD HAVE RU MET , OR HEARD OF HAS BECOME RICH SIMPLY BY READING THESE BOOKS AND APPLYING THE TIPS? SERIOUSLY
I am happy to name myself..grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by k2039: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
whether you think you can or you think you can't,you are right.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by DavidPH: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=2mch]

These two points are a contradiction. Formal education and self education are almost the same thing. Where we draw the line is thinking outside of the box. life is not textbook.I think being rich is when opportunity meets preparation, hardwork and a dream. Besides the richest woman in the world inherited her money. She just used the already made connections by her fore fathers to build on the wealth. The real people that deserve the praise are those dead men who made something out of nothing.

TRUE TALK MAN
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
e-mail:
;DI am happy to name myself..grin
IF U SAY SO. I GUESS I HAVE TO TAKE UR WORD FOR IT undecided
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
grin grin grin [size=20pt]Average people have a lottery mentality. Rich people have an action mentality.
[/size]

Cancel the other bullcrap. This is it. grin grin grin
I mean even I have this mentality, just got rid of it recently.

I see a fine azzzz impossibly expensive car or house, first thing that comes to my mind, "I wish that was mine" grin

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Billyonaire: I am satisfied that 100% of those rules plus extra ones had always ruled my life. Little wonder I crossed that mark at just 25yrs of age, never to go back again.
YEAH RITE
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Babzilla:

Never mind them, nigerians can be as gullible as a toddler. that is why they enrich MOG in exchange for pastoral promises/prophecies.
reading books can only inspire and motivate one into certain actions but not to katapot them to instant riches! it can as well change the way people perceive and react to events around them. no book or article has ever made one suddenly and instantly rich. even the Law of Attraction takes time and concentration to manifest.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
Jimatex: Rich people fear wen sleeping
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
rokiatu: grin grin grin [size=20pt]Average people have a lottery mentality. Rich people have an action mentality.
[/size]

Cancel the other bullcrap. This is it. grin grin grin
I mean even I have this mentality, just got rid of it recently.

I see a fine azzzz impossibly expensive car or house, first thing that comes to my mind, "I wish that was mine" grin

according to the law of Attraction, thoughts become Realities, it doesn't matter whether one is rich or poor, even those with lottery mentality sometimes get lucky and win lotteries. my point is that life has no single formula. things occur to people differently.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
991:

according to the law of Attraction, thoughts become Realities, it doesn't matter whether one is rich or poor, even those with lottery mentality sometimes get lucky and win lotteries. my point is that life has no single formula. things occur to people differently.
Thanks for making me feel better. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by email1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
Babzilla:
IF U SAY SO. I GUESS I HAVE TO TAKE UR WORD FOR IT undecided
Well, I know I that from motivational speakers I have sat under with my current Entrepreneurship lecturer, books help to guide I tell you. Whether you believe it or not, I learnt 'thinking out of the box', 'view life differently' from a motivational speaker and since then I chose to be a problem solver just looking at my environment.

I have lots of stored up ideas which can fetch me 'a billion dollars'. They were what I read from books and motivational speakers that changed my reasoning. Everyday, I see opportunities. You can too.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by cecetanna: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
991:

True that! but seriously how many rich people do you know who made their money through winning lotteries? if several known rich people have actually achieved success through applying these formula then i guess it wont hurt me to try wink
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
cece.tanna:

True that! but seriously how many rich people do you know who made their money through winning lotteries? if several known rich people have actually achieved success through applying these formula then i guess it wont hurt me to try wink

1. Eddie Nabors of Dalton, Georgia, and Elaine and Harold Messner of Woodbine,
New Jersey, shared Mega Millions on March 6, 2007: $390 million
2. Jim and Carolyn McCullar, of Ephrata, Washington, won Mega Millions on Jan. 4, 2011: $380 million
2. Holly Lahti, of Rathdrum, Idaho, won Mega Millions on Jan. 4, 2011: $380 million
3. Eight workers from a ConAgra meatpacking plant in Nebraska, won Powerball on Feb. 18, 2006, and shared the winnings: $365 million
4. Joe and Sue Kainz of Tower Lakes, Illinois, and Larry and Nancy Ross of Shelby Township, Michigan, won The Big Game on May 9, 2000: $363 million
5.Louise White of Newport, Rhode Island, won Powerball onFebruary 11, 2012: $336.4 million

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2012/03/30/ten-biggest-lottery-winners-ever-how-they-planned-to-spend-the-money/

I can go on and on and on. most of the people we regard as rich people in our country dont even have 1/4 of the above lottery amounts but their names make frontpages of our local newspapers.
Like i commented earlier' "As beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so is wealth in the mind of the thinker" about 12yrs ago, a man called Clifford Orji was using 3 cellphones, has money and big-man connections around the countries for human parts, do you think he was a rich/wealthy man??
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by sunday002(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Only God teaches True Riches? What apply 2 Mr. A may nt apply 2 Mr B. 1 fact is that, there are hidden secrets !!!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by cecetanna: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
991:

1. Eddie Nabors of Dalton, Georgia, and Elaine and Harold Messner of Woodbine,
New Jersey, shared Mega Millions on March 6, 2007: $390 million
2. Jim and Carolyn McCullar, of Ephrata, Washington, won Mega Millions on Jan. 4, 2011: $380 million
2. Holly Lahti, of Rathdrum, Idaho, won Mega Millions on Jan. 4, 2011: $380 million
3. Eight workers from a ConAgra meatpacking plant in Nebraska, won Powerball on Feb. 18, 2006, and shared the winnings: $365 million
4. Joe and Sue Kainz of Tower Lakes, Illinois, and Larry and Nancy Ross of Shelby Township, Michigan, won The Big Game on May 9, 2000: $363 million
5.Louise White of Newport, Rhode Island, won Powerball onFebruary 11, 2012: $336.4 million

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2012/03/30/ten-biggest-lottery-winners-ever-how-they-planned-to-spend-the-money/

I can go on and on and on. most of the people we regard as rich people in our country dont even have 1/4 of the above lottery amounts but their names make frontpages of our local newspapers.
Like i commented earlier' "As beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so is wealth in the mind of the thinker" about 12yrs ago, a man called Clifford Orji was using 3 cellphones, has money and big-man connections around the countries for human parts, do you think he was a rich/wealthy man??

Hope the above lottery winners have what it takes to sustain their prize money and possibly turn it to even more millions but I doubt we'll read about them doing that.

Clifford Orji Ke? What does a mad, cannibal have to do with riches. Aren't we discussing sane men here?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by AjanleKoko: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
e-mail:
Well, I know I that from motivational speakers I have sat under with my current Entrepreneurship lecturer, books help to guide I tell you. Whether you believe it or not, I learnt 'thinking out of the box', 'view life differently' from a motivational speaker and since then I chose to be a problem solver just looking at my environment.

I have lots of stored up ideas which can fetch me 'a billion dollars'. They were what I read from books and motivational speakers that changed my reasoning. Everyday, I see opportunities. You can too.

You seem to miss the point of our argument.
Everybody must see life as a problem to solve. However, it takes a lot of factors to enable you to convert those ideas of yours into actual cash, lots of it. Else they will remain just ideas.

Ever wondered why those motivational speakers always have a lot to say about business, but the only business they seem to be engaged in is the motivational speaking. The only exception would be Donald Trump, because at least he's a real billionaire and not a professional author. Which is why I take him a lot more serious than the others. Ironically, not too many people do.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
991:
at least both the rich and the poor are BOTHERED about something

Ofcourse they are both bothered about something, i am referring to them not being bother about the price of garri.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
XtremeBase:

Ofcourse they are both bothered about something, i am referring to them not being bother about the price of garri.

grin grin grin grin
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
cece.tanna:

Hope [/b]the above lottery winners have what it takes [b]to sustain their prize money and possibly turn it to even more millions but I doubt we'll read about them doing that.

Clifford Orji Ke? What does a mad, cannibal have to do with riches. Aren't we discussing sane men here?

the bold are qualities of the assumed average people in paraphrase of the OP's article. let me put them together for you...Hope to sustain money i doubt
you see, while people win millions and enjoy life, others are bothered and doubting.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by zubbainno123: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
nice piece
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Okay, hint taken.
I will henceforth desist from commenting on your threads grin

Dude, what are you bitter about? You made some comments and I am asking the basis on which you are making them. That is offensive in no way, it's a simple question, answer it.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
Babzilla: Im sure the OP thinks like the millionaires but is dirt poor.

How did you know? I hope you don't consider it a crime.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by omowolewa: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nice one
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by infogenius(m): 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by AjanleKoko: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2012
maclatunji:

Dude, what are you bitter about? You made some comments and I am asking the basis on which you are making them. That is offensive in no way, it's a simple question, answer it.

Wrong choice of words, ogbeni. Bitter ke?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2012
e-mail:

WHATEVER SHA. THIS IS THE INTERNET WHERE PEOPLE CAN COME AND CLAIM 2 B WHAT THEY ARE NOT BUT HERE ARE A FEW FACTS.
1. NO SUCCESSFUL MAN/WOMAN WILL HAVE THE TIME TO ENGAGE IN CAT FIGHTS ON AN INTERNET FORUM TRYING TO PROVE THAT HE/SHE IS RICH.
2. NO SUCCESSFUL MAN/WOMAN WILL HAVE THE TIME SIT DOWN WASTING PRECIOUS HOURS READING BOOKS ABOUT SUCCESS THOUGHTS AND TIPS OF OTHERS.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by 2sexy(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2012
Babzilla:

WHATEVER SHA. THIS IS THE INTERNET WHERE PEOPLE CAN COME AND CLAIM 2 B WHAT THEY ARE NOT BUT HERE ARE A FEW FACTS.
1. NO SUCCESSFUL MAN/WOMAN WILL HAVE THE TIME TO ENGAGE IN CAT FIGHTS ON AN INTERNET FORUM TRYING TO PROVE THAT HE/SHE IS RICH.
2. NO SUCCESSFUL MAN/WOMAN WILL HAVE THE TIME SIT DOWN WASTING PRECIOUS HOURS READING BOOKS ABOUT SUCCESS THOUGHTS AND TIPS OF OTHERS.
You are wrong... DEAD WRONG on number 2. Kai! Naija and their empty ideology! I wish you well.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Wrong choice of words, ogbeni. Bitter ke?

The other words I would have used are "whining" and "nagging". So bitter is even being nice.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by AjanleKoko: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2012
maclatunji:

The other words I would have used are "whining" and "nagging". So bitter is even being nice.

Na you sabi.
You don sabi talk tough now, I see. Well done, ehn.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by alexandershaw: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2012
k2039: whether you think you can or you think you can't,you are right.

The best comment for a post on nairaland, seun has to give you an award for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / Female Welder, Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.