Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” (1549 Views)

Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC / Court Reinstates Elected LG Chairmen In River State / Photos From A Protest In Rivers Against Wike Alledged Plan To Sack LG Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by mamikky: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu really lived up to expectation as leader of a strong opposition party in Nigeria when he stormed Chicago and Washington in the United State of America recently with strong delegation of his party (Action Congress of Nigeria). During the visit, he was a key speaker at a forum on True Federalism in Nigeria in Chicago where a book was also launched. Also in attendance was world famous Reverend Jesse Jackson. A day later, Tinubu bagged an honour, and after few days visit was made to White House in Washington to meet series of committee on development and strengthening of democracy in Africa.  Aside all these, what many people did not know however was; how large was the delegation that was in America to lend moral support to Asiwaju Tinubu. Prominent among the list of his entourage was; Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi; Ekiti state governor, Kayode Fayemi and Osun state governor, Omoluabi Rauf Aregbesola who breezed in and out of the country because of other pressing matter in Osun
This magazine exclusively gathered that the company (name withheld) that was responsible for the package of the trip and the lecture had requested that all the local government and local council development areas chairmen be compelled to attend the event. A letter to the Lagos Ministry of Local Government however got approval, mandating payment of N4.5million as participation fee to the company. The charge include return ticket,  accommodation and capacity building tour of the United States. Some of the local councils that could not afford the money as we were told were debited against their monthly JAAC. In total, about N288million went into the consultant’s purse for celebration of ‘True Federalism’ in America. As at last week, none of the chairmen is yet to return to the country while officials in councils say they expect their chairmen to start arriving this week.
During one of the fora in America, it would be recalled that the Oyo state governor, Alhaji Ajimobi had called on scrapping of local governments from the constitution to pave way for rapid development in Nigeria.

http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/?p=627
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Makzylopez: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is the same antagonist that criticizes every step GEJ takes. All this ex govs seriously need 2 be tried.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by apala911: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
Corruption commercialized, if ACN Tinubu can be doing this in Lagos and other ACN states for which he has hold, then what will happen on a large scale nationwide if the party is privilege.........Absolute corruption, yet he keeps casting the Govt without removing the mote in his eyes

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by truth4meal(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
i notice the recent desperate attempt to demonize Asiwaju but the truth of the matter is that it wont work.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by truth4meal(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
and only News of the People a tabloid carries the story...abegi Ayo dey for im office for Festac.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Idokojimmy: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
TINUBU would be the worst leader if given the opportunity again. We all know that as a Gov, he didnt do anything. The records are there. We thank God that Fashola came and cleaned up his mess, giving ACN a face lift. TINUBU na scam
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Stallion77(f): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
Money too much for this country...maybe we should start harvesting from past governors account cos something tells me,they can feed this country single handedly!
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by redsun(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is acn sponsored by lagos state?Why does the tax payers have to foot their bills?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by redsun(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
America is playing a shady game for recognising tinubu as a political bigwig in nigeria.I am very sure Obama does have a hint of this,if not i will lose my respect for him.

What they are saying to nigerians is that it is cool to be a political thief and traitor like tinubu.But like all true nigerians know,the only people that can solve nigerian syndomes are nigerians themselves,not some imperialists.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by bubadaniel13: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wayo.....I really don't know what is wrong with this ACN of a party,the other it was Oyo state Governor who wives of state legislators for shopping,now is the ACN godfather Bola Tinubu showing bad example,if it were to another political party Lai Mohammed will release a statement.We are just tired of Tinubu's hypocrisy they are the most corrupt politicians,this is squandamania....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Chyz2: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
He learned from jonathan.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by redsun(m): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
bubadaniel13: Wayo.....I really don't know what is wrong with this ACN of a party,the other it was Oyo state Governor who wives of state legislators for shopping,now is the ACN godfather Bola Tinubu showing bad example,if it were to another political party Lai Mohammed will release a statement.We are just tired of Tinubu's hypocrisy they are the most corrupt politicians,this is squandamania....

People got to bring these muderfuckers that are destroying the lives of nigerians unborn to book.Somebody got to ask what is truly going on?Even a roforofo lawyer ca do it,if truly we have a democratic system.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by EkoIle1: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
redsun: America is playing a shady game for recognising tinubu as a political bigwig in nigeria.I am very sure Obama does have a hint of this,if not i will lose my respect for him.

What they are saying to nigerians is that it is cool to be a political thief and traitor like tinubu.But like all true nigerians know,the only people that can solve nigerian syndomes are nigerians themselves,not some imperialists.

What is the meaning if political thief and traitor? You fools just ran out of your reguler rubbish, its now political nonsense and traitor. lmao. You clowns are really funny.

God bless Asiwaju.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Acidosis(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
Stallion77: Money too much for this country...

BRT Lane
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Acidosis(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Chyz*:

No! He stole from Lagosians in disguise..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by truth4meal(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
redsun: America is playing a shady game for recognising tinubu as a political bigwig in nigeria.I am very sure Obama does have a hint of this,if not i will lose my respect for him.

The bolded words makes me conclude that you should be made to moderate the joke section...like say Obama send u grin cheesy you can use this your post to start a new topic in the Jokes section.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
I wonder why this didn't get to front page? nairaland and selective journalism...every person is just corrupt in these country. cos any tin abt pdp will make headlines while the criticising oppositions will be painted as saviour? SEUN and his moderators!!! God is watching.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Solemntee: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2012
Haba! Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, this is not good at all. This is another level of corruption, tax payers money meant for state infrastructure and development, this is highly unethical and uncivil . In fact u have done worse than pdp, even at the state level.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Israelmossaic: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2012
Hilarious! What beats my imagination is the way in which the Party hammers on internal democracy, devidens of democracy, and so on, but within them, they are bunch of thieves. For instance, what is the essence of going with almost all south west Govs to US? Remember that each Gov will also go with his aides, advisers, and security personnel. It didn't end there, local Govt chairmen too? Haba! And these council chairmen were forced to embark on th trip. Is this internal democracy. I feel TINUBU will make the worst leader if made a prominent national figure.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Noraokon: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2012
May God help us.this man is mean .
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Stallion77(f): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis:

BRT Lane

[size=14pt]meaning??[/size]
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by dtemidare: 10:12am On Sep 06, 2012
If Obama sees good in that fellow called tinubu it also means he is also guilty of the same corruption.

Obama should follow the foot steps of Desmond TuTu who refused tony Blair and bushe's invitation because of their invasion of Iraq. otrightly telling them that their actions were wrong.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Joeadamu86: 10:13am On Sep 06, 2012
Chyz*:
TINUBU was governor while Jonathan was still a deputy governor in Bayelsa,how can you say that,it's just he is a corrupt with corrupt tendencies who only look at other peoples fault without be mindful of recklessness,it's really really sad.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Omojuo: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2012
He ended up displaying stupidity. An invitation for an ordinary party endorsement, he is taking all the Westerners to US, what if he become the president? Tufiakwa. I see Americans discussing his stupidity while taking coffee. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by MurphyT1: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2012
i learnt the chairmen were made to pay a total of N4.5million to a particular company in connection with d america trip, i wonder wot d really went to do... tinubu stil gained sha..crafty man T grin grin
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by BeraBera(f): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2012
A.C.N. means "Always Chopping Naira". Too much money...I don't know how to spend it...maga don pay shout alleluya...owo mbeee
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Ikengawo: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2012
who is this monkey trying to impress?
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by apala911: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2012
Ikengawo: who is this monkey trying to impress?

I tire ooo, all na corruption na..... Using public funds
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by touchmehard: 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
While it has been made obvious that a letter to the Lagos Ministry of Local Government got approval, mandating payment of N4.5million as participation fee to the organizing company, which included return ticket, accommodation and "capacity building tour" of the US, how come the delegation went there to lend "moral support" to Asiwaju Tinubu? The support is so "moral" to the extent that local councils that could not afford the money were debited against their monthly JAAC. In total, about N288million went into the consultant’s purse.
Oh what a moral support!
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by BeraBera(f): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Maybe the company that was responsible for the package of the trip belongs to one of the ACN chieftains. That may be the reason why the name was withheld in the report. In that case, they have further enriched themselves with the money meant to be used by the LG chairmen to better the lot of the masses.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by usmanyaro17: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
I just can't believe this nonsense,this is clearly unforgivable,if TINUBU were to be in China when we returns he will be pelted with stones for wasting public.I use to admire the ACN but sincerely I am highly disappointed,I think the EFCC should visit him for extravagance.
Re: Lagos Treasury Loot: Acn Tinubu Storms America With 57 Lagos Lg Chairmen” by Vegetablesoup: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
it did not started today this looting business...it begining long time since!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: North's Economy Slumps(pics) / NLC Challenge Fashola Despite Warnings To Stop Smoking / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.