Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded (1550 Views)

Where Is Atiku Abubakar / Remember SA's Jacob Zuma Is Atiku Abubakar's Close Friend And Business Associate / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by Demdem(m): 9:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Ok, i have heard a lot about this man called Atiku. he is corrupt, he is a thief, womaniser and all sorts. Infact a thread on this has earlier been created to talk about this issue but nothing concrete.

https://www.nairaland.com/41595/atiku-abubakar-corrupt

All EFCC cases against him during OBJ's time has really gone cold and it makes me to ask if this guy is super corrupt the way many Nigerians sees him or just an impression OBJ instilled onto us all when he had issues with him. Dont get me wrong, Atiku is no saint like many of our politicians, however if names of Nigerian politicians that includes Atiku are placed infront of me today and asked me to select the most corrupt among them, Atiku will surely be part of those chosen however i have absolutely no reasons FOR NOW to do that.

Is Atiku Abubakar really Corrupt? Where did he steal us dry? We need to know the truth. help me out.

Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by Willy7(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2013
Its like asking if the devil is wicked.OBJ never instilled any impression in the minds of Nigerians against Atiku.Every ardent political follower knew what transpired when he was the vp then and what caused the fallout with OBJ.You must understand that Atiku was the de-facto president of Nigeria during OBJ's first tenure,reasons being that OBJ handed over everything that has to do with the economy to Atiku and it was even Atiku that recomended and brought the likes of Okonjo Iweala and Soludo.Atiku himself was the chairman of privatisation,and all he did was either selling the stuffs to himself using someone else as frontman or selling them to his friends and cronies.OBJ later got to know about this and it caused problem btwn them.This is exactly what would've happened btw GEJ and former power minister, Prof.Barth Nnaji if he hadnt own up and resigned for having an interest in biding for d purchase of PHCN.Talking about being a womanizer or gay as some people would make us believe then is his own private life,i dnt know about that.But for sure Atiku is no saint when it comes to looting Nigeria's economy.Ask him,lol.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by Demdem(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
Willy7: Its like asking if the devil is wicked.OBJ never instilled any impression in the minds of Nigerians against Atiku.Every ardent political follower knew what transpired when he was the vp then and what caused the fallout with OBJ.You must understand that Atiku was the de-facto president of Nigeria during OBJ's first tenure,reasons being that OBJ handed over everything that has to do with the economy to Atiku and it was even Atiku that recomended and brought the likes of Okonjo Iweala and Soludo.Atiku himself was the chairman of privatisation,and all he did was either selling the stuffs to himself using someone else as frontman or selling them to his friends and cronies.OBJ later got to know about this and it caused problem btwn them.This is exactly what would've happened btw GEJ and former power minister, Prof.Barth Nnaji if he hadnt own up and resigned for having an interest in biding for d purchase of PHCN.Talking about being a womanizer or gay as some people would make us believe then is his own private life,i dnt know about that.But for sure Atiku is no saint when it comes to looting Nigeria's economy.Ask him,lol.

[b]Thanks for ur response. The coloured part is exactly what i learnt happened. i learnt he used his position to corner juicy govt companies to himself and friends. However this companies to the best of my knowledge remain his till date. As revengeful i believe OBJ is, if he knew these establishments were illegally gotten, i believe he would have gotten them back in this second tenure. subsequent govts still havent done that till date. even EFCC cases leveled against him to the best of my knowledge were thrown out because the court believe their is simply no case.

So far the only thing i have against him is the impression given by the previous govt that Atiku sold national assets to himself and cronnies at ridiculous prices. Now the question right now is is it true?

Its interesting to note that no price tag like $12billion theft or N200Million theft etc have been alleged against this man so far in contrast to what we have against IBB, BAnkole and numerous thieves we all know about. if indeed he is a thief then he must be one smart thief no doubt.[/b]
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2013
@ Demdem, the EFCC cases were only thrown out because a pact of mutually assured destruction (MAD) exists.

You may recall that Nuhu Ribadu is reported to have made the following appraisal about his principal.

On former president Obasanjo, the Commissioner said, he really knew how to play the game.

Although he created the EFCC and understood its importance for him with the international community, Ribadu explained, that by far &even more than the Abacha days where he was the sole thief, corruption under Obasanjo,s eight years was far worse, because everyone stole, no doubt he did as well.8 However, he added, &Oba was a political machine and knew how to play the game for the international community, cover his tracks and for good or bad &got it8 as regards to what the EFCC,s role was and should be."
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by Demdem(m): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2013
^^

I feel u.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt - Reloaded by gbanikiti(m): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2013
is he really a womanizer?

(1) (Reply)

ddd / Police Brutality In Nig: PHOTOS: OLUFEMI AJASA (NATIONAL MIRROR) / What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.