Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Test Naija Television Live For Us. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Test Naija Television Live For Us. (960 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Biafra Television Broadcasting (pics) / LIVE UPDATE!!! Obesere Performing Live For Teslim Folarin In My Neighborhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeriaone: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2008
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2008
watch now live
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
can you see the picture very well, i can see inside our network, can some tell me, if they can, and how is the sound,
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
did anyone tried to watch it, is it working.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Mamajama(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
Please do not try this nonsense, this crap crash my PC
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2008
Why dont you go and buy yourself good computer, It may help, Gateway or MGS. Then you would be able to see it,
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
Nigeria1, please get some inhouse testers for this thing. I opened it and one of my screens went blank. I Thought it killed my computer for a second there. It is not about the make or config of the computer at all but the site itself here. I have a late 2007 custom built machine that I use for all my development work and for hosting my work. I have cable internet connection too. The site needs serious redesigning and some serious work since it can even crash computers, LMAO!!! Abeg please do something to the site. It is JAM-PACKED  with TOO MUCH Information right there on the front page that do not need to be in big font at all too.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by presido1: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
Oboy this site nealy crash my pc, the only think i could see is my image. I have to remove the battery to re-start it. I no near this side again jo
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 18, 2008
nigeria1:

did anyone tried to watch it, is it working.

I clicked on the site this morning, was scrolling down the page, before I knew it, my screen went blank some Nigerian movie popped out of nowhere without my clicking anything. It nearly gave me heartattack. No commands on screen to tell me what to do with what was going on on screen. After panicing for a while (with my brother on my neck asking what did you do?) I just clicked my mouse and it disappeared. I signed out from this thread immediately, if something had happened to the PC , I would have entered hot pepper soup today in the hands of my family.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2008
Yes that is what it should do, It is not crashing your computer. I just make it change some function in your computer. All you need is wait and see what happen. No fear, This is called Technology. What i have written the program to do is turn your computer monitor into a television set. It would like a television set. If you now have a flat screen. You can watch it on it. If you have a AVG or S video cable. just connect it to your computer and connect the other end to your flat screen. And you should watch it. In some television , you may need to change the channel to channel 3. If you have an old television you can also watch. I call sell you a small devics if you live in USA or Canada for $40 US, and you would just connect it from your computer to television.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
nigeria1:

Yes that is what it should do, It is not crashing your computer. I just make it change some function in your computer. All you need is wait and see what happen. No fear, This is called Technology. What i have written the program to do is turn your computer monitor into a television set. It would like a television set. If you now have a flat screen. You can watch it on it. If you have a AVG or S video cable. just connect it to your computer and connect the other end to your flat screen. And you should watch it. In some television , you may need to change the channel to channel 3. If you have an old television you can also watch. I call sell you a small devics if you live in USA or Canada for $40 US, and you would just connect it from your computer to television.

The Last thing I want is some online program to auto turn my monitor to TV mode. I just got getting my monitor back to normal and I do not need that happening again. I don't know what you are trying to do but I suggest you instead allow people the choice to decide if they want their screen function changed or not. Technology is not ment to be invasive and from what happened when I tried to view the site, that was not right and should not be used at all by any site in the way you have it coded. I am a programmer myself and I know a lot about developing sites and that is one of the many NO NO's of web development. I am actually content at this time using Media Player or Real Player to watch videos online WHEN I WANT TO. I do not want to log on to a site and without my request have settings on my monitor altered for any reason whatsoever.

Your site needs a lot of work as suggested by the many people and it would be best if you get you some inhouse testers to help you with the testing work. That way you can get quicker feed back and be better able to make needed changes in time.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2008
THANK FOR THE SUGGESTION. BUT AIM IS TO RUN LIVE TELESION ONLINE,  TO RESET YOUR MONITOR BACK TO NORMAL COMPUTER USE. PLEASE PRESS THE "ESC " BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2008
why not get a video streamer, pls tell the crew, i want to be a sports analyst grin
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Jan 19, 2008
nigeria1:

THANK FOR THE SUGGESTION. BUT AIM IS TO RUN LIVE TELESION ONLINE, TO RESET YOUR MONITOR BACK TO NORMAL COMPUTER USE. PLEASE PRESS THE "ESC " BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD.

It if fine you have an aim but also aim to allow people choose what they want done to their computers. I have a TV which I use for all my TV viewing. Even though I have DVI monitors that allow me use for for viewing tv on my computer at high res, I do not want to use them for that and I would appreciate it if my choice be respected by sites that I choose to visit. I do not want to have to press the ESC button in panic. I want to, and I believe many people would rather they be given the chance to choose to allow there settings be modified or not. There is internet etiquette, you know.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2008
i see, but i would reply you later.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2008
Now I get time, please explain better
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2008
From the much I have seen of the site

1) Instead of having the screen switch user's screen to tv mode without user even clicking anything, inform user that to watch the videos, user would either have to choose to have screen set to tv mode or opt to watch it another way

2) Site Layout needs work. Links don't work well at all. You click on a link for radio and another window opens sending you to another site that has nothing to do with radio.

3) Font sizes need to be addressed. You have them all sizes all over and it does not look uniform at all.

I will continue later on
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2008
Can you point to anywhere , where you click and point to a different site. Please I would like to change it. Where?? and I do not want to embed . Sorry.
It is all about getting use to technology.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by nigeria1: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2008
we are back , enjoy it.
Re: Test Naija Television Live For Us. by bashali: 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2008
ok

(1) (Reply)

Gov Obi Vs Andy Uba: Supreme Court Blasts Okonkwo Of NAP / Obama 'outraged' By Wright's Remarks / 'Fighting' Envoy: The Story Is Exaggerated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.