Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) (1051 Views)

It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) / "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" / Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Quincy37(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
In the real sense of it, the belief of christians should be thesame which is living Christ-like, but this is not so in the present day christianity. Men (christians) now see their pastors as a demmy god they never had!

To confirm my point, take your time one of these sunday and attend a different denomination (church), you will find out that a particular sermon topic you have heard before is being preach differently contrarilly to what you have heard before. I believe majority if not all can read the Holy Bible to their understanding and probably teach it!! What is ur take?
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Bella3(f): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2012
My frnd, first define christain before u talk about variation. Are refering 'church goers'?
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Delafruita(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
BĂ©lla3: My frnd, first define christain before u talk about variation. Are refering 'church goers'?
perhaps you can help out.who is a christian?does a christian go to church?
perhaps i dont understand what "church-goer" means.are some christians "mosque-goers" or "temple-goers"?
all christians are church-goers.this attempt at making a distinction between "christians and church-goers" is pathetic to say the least.whenever a professed christian falls short,they'd say he's not a true christian,he's just a "church-goer".pathetic bunch
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Bella3(f): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
Delafruita:
perhaps you can help out.who is a christian?does a christian go to church?
perhaps i dont understand what "church-goer" means.are some christians "mosque-goers" or "temple-goers"?
all christians are church-goers.this attempt at making a distinction between "christians and church-goers" is pathetic to say the least.whenever a professed christian falls short,they'd say he's not a true christian,he's just a "church-goer".pathetic bunch
you've made your conclusion, you dnt need an answer.
Op who are you refering as a 'christain.
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by EvilBrain1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
There is variation in belief because the bible is often extremely vague and most pastors end up freestyling and making stuff up when they preach.

Also, a lot of pastors have basic issues reading and understanding the English language which is where the the "women must not wear trousers" thing comes from. You'll notice that the more ajebo preachers who grew up speaking English tend not to preach that. Neither do British or American pastors who speak English natively.
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by saintvc(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
D devil iz d author of confusion.
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Delafruita(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
saintvc: D devil iz d author of confusion.
i am yet to read that book.
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
There is a a variety of belief in Christendom because people follow Men rather than the Holy Spirit.

In other words , men add or remove meaning from the word of God and their lazy followers cannot be bothered to check and validate doctrines using scripture and the wisdom of GOD.

God is not divided, so why should his children be ?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Quincy37(m): 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
shocked :oBella3 you shocked me with your response to me post! So Christianity now have a different defination from the one known generally! Check your dictionary very well and see if there is any word like muslim-christian which refers to a group of persons or one person!
When next you see a post and you have no opinion or idea, just shutup!! Who is a church goer? Who is christian? Even the so called church goers may be holier than the self acclaimed christians, that, You and I don't know for we are not God that we should judge!!
I posted what that which I noticed, instead of you to respond accordingly, you started blabbing. That bros that responded to your reply I give cudos to for being a reasonable nairalander, Guy you too much jorri!
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by MacDaddy01: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel: There is a a variety of belief in Christendom because people follow Men rather than the Holy Spirit.

In other words , men add or remove meaning from the word of God and their lazy followers cannot be bothered to check and validate doctrines using scripture and the wisdom of GOD.

God is not divided, so why should his children be ?

God is divided. He was power drunk in the old testament and gentle in the new testament.
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Bella3(f): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
Quincy37: shocked :oBella3 you shocked me with your response to me post! So Christianity now have a different defination from the one known generally! Check your dictionary very well and see if there is any word like muslim-christian which refers to a group of persons or one person!
When next you see a post and you have no opinion or idea, just shutup!! Who is a church goer? Who is christian? Even the so called church goers may be holier than the self acclaimed christians, that, You and I don't know for we are not God that we should judge!!
I posted what that which I noticed, instead of you to respond accordingly, you started blabbing. That bros that responded to your reply I give cudos to for being a reasonable nairalander, Guy you too much jorri!
yet another escapee. God help us!
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Quincy37(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2012
grin grin Bella mokopo! Na your father when escape from Uselu mental home for Edo State na im God go help you cure Amen!!! Another Amen somebody!!! Amen! Thank you!!winkwink
Re: Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

God is divided. He was power drunk in the old testament and gentle in the new testament.

No. Men were power drunk in the old testament but more civil in the new testament.

(1) (Reply)

Pope Escapes Hell With Style / Modern Church Practices Not Found in the Teachings of Jesus Christ / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 29th March 2013 Pains Of Ex-champions By Pasto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.