Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? (2750 Views)

SHOCKING!!! The Etymological Origins Of The Word Nigeria / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please I have to start this thread in response to the silliest comment I've ever read in my life.. made by:

Re: Anambra/Kogi Oil Wells -
Ownership Still Unresolved by
okosodo : 6:35am

"If they are discussing , they should know that kogi is not supposed to be
a state."

Okosodo, as the name implies "fall inside a river" should be marked here on nairaland as the silliest indigene of his densely populated fraudulent catchment area.

For your Information, Kogi state is the first administrative capital of modern day Nigeria . It was in Lokoja, that the name Nigeria , was coined by Flora Shaw, the future wife of Baron Lugard , a British colonial administrator,while gazing out at the river that stretched before her in the late 19th century.

Mineral resources include coal, limestone, iron, petroleum and tin.

Now you wondering where I got these mineral resources from? well it has been their even before our fathers. The non-utilization is as a result of negligence, tribalistic cowards and the fraudulent pigs in the F.G who are "only" after their state and region.
Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by Dede1(m): 2:48am On Sep 07, 2012
Acidosis: Please I have to start this thread in response to the silliest comment I've ever read in my life.. made by:

Re: Anambra/Kogi Oil Wells -
Ownership Still Unresolved by
okosodo : 6:35am

"If they are discussing , they should know that kogi is not supposed to be
a state."

Okosodo, as the name implies "fall inside a river" should be marked here on nairaland as the silliest indigene of his densely populated fraudulent catchment area.

For your Information, Kogi state is the first administrative capital of modern day Nigeria . It was in Lokoja, that the name Nigeria , was coined by Flora Shaw, the future wife of Baron Lugard , a British colonial administrator,while gazing out at the river that stretched before her in the late 19th century.

Mineral resources include coal, limestone, iron, petroleum and tin.

Now you wondering where I got these mineral resources from? well it has been their even before our fathers. The non-utilization is as a result of negligence, tribalistic cowards and the fraudulent pigs in the F.G who are "only" after their state and region.

I guess you have to read between lines of recorded events about the Northern and Southern Protectorates when you are sober and free of unnecessary pressure from tribalism. There is a difference between Colonial Military, Administrative and Royal Niger Company headquarters. Remember Lord Lugard was a soldier.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2012
Dede1:

I guess you have to read between lines of recorded events about the Northern and Southern Protectorates when you are sober and free of unnecessary pressure from tribalism. There is a difference between Colonial Military, Administrative and Royal Niger Company headquarters. Remember Lord Lugard was a soldier.

Yes I know, but whatever regime you know and have to quote is still within this NIGERIA. And besides, does that justify the silly statement from the silly poster?
Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by bokohalal(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
I have a feeling that Lady Lugard was misbehaving and had named Nigeria after 'Nigger area' and not 'Niger area' as assumed. Even at that,'Niger' is a polite way of saying 'nigger'.
Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
bokohalal: I have a feeling that Lady Lugard was misbehaving and had named Nigeria after 'Nigger area' and not 'Niger area' as assumed. Even at that,'Niger' is a polite way of saying 'nigger'.

so your a nigga?
Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
bokohalal: I have a feeling that Lady Lugard was misbehaving and had named Nigeria after 'Nigger area' and not 'Niger area' as assumed. Even at that,'Niger' is a polite way of saying 'nigger'.
So are you saying that`s how the popular river got it`s name?
Re: Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? by bokohalal(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Brand_new: So are you saying that`s how the popular river got it`s name?
Acidosis:

so your a nigga?

I stand by my intuition. Niger=black.Nigger=you know,that black.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde / BREAKING: APC Presidential Campaign Timetable Released / Fayose Personally Raids Market, Impounds Traders’ Wares Over Support For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.