Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,076 members, 7,832,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated (7312 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Wike Visits Dilapidated Secondary School (photos) / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by redsun(m): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
Nigeria is in hands of gangsters and it seems to be worse off in places like abia state and all the horrible states like delta state,because their own gangsters seems very crude.They are not making efforts to conceal their atrocities and moral decdence at all.

Fashola is almost seen as a demi god by nigerians because he is making efforts.Despite the fact that criminals like tinubu are strongly in the picture,he is acting comparatively.

The money belongs to the people,anybody taht must manage it must be accountable to the last KOBO.There is no alternative,do it or you dont.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Godsbaby1(f): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2012
GOD HELP THE ROAD IS A SNARE,TRAP,ETC TO THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH EAST,
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ZUBY77(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think of all the geo-political zones, the south east has the worst federal roads.

Please can somebody tell me what OBJ did in/for the south east from 1999 to 2007 (apart from Onitsha-Owerri road)? Besides what we got in the general scheme of things (like GSM), that pot-bellied bastard did next to nothing: not 2nd niger bridge, not Onitsha river port, not upgrading the status of Enugu airport and reconstructing it, not Benin-Ore road, not Port Harcourt-Enugu road, not siting any federal industry/factory in the south east, not attracting nation building institutions to the south east like you have in Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos.....that man and his friends in the core north are the problem of Ndigbo, and have just been acting out the script of holding Igbos down and ensuring nothing happens in the south east.....and you wonder at the social/economic problems our youth are facing today?

It's only with the coming of GEJ that we finally have some sense of belonging.

God is watching, and no wicked deed goes unpunished!

Tell me any good thing a Yoruba man has done for an Igbo man.
Awolowo, OBJ and Tinubu. Even the lowly seun Osewa bans Igbos here on nairaland however he wants.
Those cowards hates Igbos as if we are their enemies while fulanis butcher their women in Ogun state.

Imagine how fast OBj and his two yoruba friends sold out Bakassi without care, i wonder if they could have done the same with Badagry or any other town in South west. Thieves and murderes

2 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by solomonkane(m): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Where is the buffoon called @dedeike to do a piss-poor PR job as usual?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
Relax guys Dedeike is preparing his speech

dedeike: I don't know the document you read but I will chronicle my own assessment for you.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, re award for reconstruction of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 26km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by alajor(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Oh my fatherland,my home, my nigeria. I weep for u.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Leboska(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
mikeywise:
what sense of belonging are you talking about? please if u have not, try and visit that Enugu - PortHarcourt road and see things for yourself.
please what is happening there?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Rhea(f): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
[size=16pt]We can start an enlightenment campaign by taking pictures of these sore sights in our environment and uploading them here for the world to see.
In addition, I also suggest we take pictures of both the good and bad sights around us and upload them for posterity. Let us put the cameras in our phones to use. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by otokx(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
is it only federal roads? state roads nko?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by omayyi: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
ZUBY77:

Tell me any good thing a Yoruba man has done for an Igbo man.
Awolowo, OBJ and Tinubu. Even the lowly seun Osewa bans Igbos here on nairaland however he wants.
Those cowards hates Igbos as if we are their enemies while fulanis butcher their women in Ogun state.

Imagine how fast OBj and his two yoruba friends sold out Bakassi without care, i wonder if they could have done the same with Badagry or any other town in South west. Thieves and murderes
muhehehehehe. What good has the igbo ever done to the Yoruba or any group in Naija apart from murdering their leaders. U guys are clowns. No one owe u anything. get that in that thick skull of urs.

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by taharqa: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2012
Rhea: [size=16pt]We can start an enlightenment campaign by taking pictures of these sore sights in our environment and uploading them here for the world to see.
In addition, I also suggest we take pictures of both the good and bad sights around us and upload them for posterity. Let us put the cameras in our phones to use. [/size]

Best comment so far...leave some of them; let them just be complaining instead of DOING something about it( aka being Involved).

Some of these roads have been ongoing for long cos the contractors( even the big time ones) said they have not been paid; most of the contractors have been substantially paid recently for the dry season- use your Camera phones, monitor the projects , keep the contractors and ultimately the Govt on their toes.

A people who have not bee really engaged in the governance of her country, deserves what they get from that country.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by mensdept: 12:47am On Oct 03, 2012
Yep, the truth is the SOuth East is nothing more than a local region in the sense of it being Villagistic.

No world class Int'l airport
No world class Cargo airport (for all those fools wanting to build cargo awpts everywhere)
No world class highways, bridges, roads, railways, seaports, nor bus system
No world class stadium, university, or mall
No world class city, clubs, libraries, churches, recreation centers, parks

Nothing but heavy pride price, Red caps to wear with feather, buying and selling, buying property in Abuja and Lagos and cry when Boko Haram takes what is theres...

Meanwhile Abia State alone has a yearly budget of US $800 Million, Imo $700 Million, Enugu, Ebonyi, the rest the same.

They are a disgrace compared to even the arm stickened Biafran Regime that operated an International Airport and stood against hell fire for 3 years.

Dayum
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by amor4ce(m): 3:08am On Oct 03, 2012
If I remember correctly, contracts were awarded during OBJ's civilian regime for he rehabilitation/(re)construction of federal roads in the south east geopolitical region, some Igbo people accused him of marginalization because it appeared nothing was being done about those roads, only for him/his administration to reveal that the concerned contracts (not sure if ALL) were awarded to Igbo contractors. Perhaps Nairaland Ndigbo (I hope I used this term correctly) should investigate the contracts that have been awarded since 2009 for the roads, the contractors, and make public their findings so as to get to the root of the matter rather and avoid making unfounded allegations.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 03, 2012
mens dept: Yep, the truth is the SOuth East is nothing more than a local region in the sense of it being Villagistic.

No world class Cargo airport (for all those fools wanting to build cargo awpts everywhere)

Nothing but heavy pride price, Red caps to wear with feather, buying and selling, buying property in Abuja and Lagos and cry when Boko Haram takes what is theres...

Meanwhile Abia State alone has a yearly budget of US $800 Million, Imo $700 Million, Enugu, Ebonyi, the rest the same.

They are a disgrace compared to even the arm stickened Biafran Regime that operated an International Airport and stood against hell fire for 3 years.

Dayum

lol this is funny especially that of red cap cheesy

- you agree boko is taking what belong to them but when some future focused youth rise up in ND to take what belong to them by asking for 90% of their own stuff! Ppl like u makes a U turn and complain its for NIGERIA and has to be shared tongue cleanse ur mind with bro
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by basmong: 4:10am On Oct 03, 2012
My SE bros abeg who get HAPEL, NPS n others? Go n face who is killing all d contracts slowly n stop complaining on NL. For those complaining about Buhari n OBJ, PTF did street roads in Enugu (independence layout n new haven) while not even one new road was done in the whole of Akwa Abasi Ibom State yet u r complaining. During OBJ's time, Iwuanyawu did almost all d FG roads in that zone yet u say because he served at Abakiliki. I rest my case till I finish my tombo liquor. Over.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 03, 2012
mens dept: Yep, the truth is the SOuth East is nothing more than a local region in the sense of it being Villagistic.

Dayum

lol this is funny especially that of red cap cheesy

- you agree boko is taking what belong to them but when some future focused youth rise up in ND to take what belong to them by asking for 90% of their own stuff! Ppl like u makes a U turn and complain its for NIGERIA and has to be shared tongue cleanse ur mind with bro
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2012
amor4ce: If I remember correctly, contracts were awarded during OBJ's civilian regime for he rehabilitation/(re)construction of federal roads in the south east geopolitical region, some Igbo people accused him of marginalization because it appeared nothing was being done about those roads, only for him/his administration to reveal that the concerned contracts (not sure if ALL) were awarded to Igbo contractors. Perhaps Nairaland Ndigbo (I hope I used this term correctly) should investigate the contracts that have been awarded since 2009 for the roads, the contractors, and make public their findings so as to get to the root of the matter rather and avoid making unfounded allegations.

^^^Bruh, that's a cop out as far as i'm concerned. You award contracts to highly reputable construction companies in other zones....but when it comes to the south east, you go and award it to chiseling crooks that don't have a history of delivering on jobs; and then when they default you take no action, but tell Ndigbo that you awarded the contract to their son, and that they should go and meet him to ask 'Nna bros, how far?'.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
centje: you beef is really blinding your judgement. What has this thread got to do with election. The election waz won by GEJ the earlier you live with it the better for you.
Now dude most state that will undertake federal projects get or mobilize huge revenue monthly. Check how much a state like ebony gets annually and compare that with some other states including lagos. Same with other south east states.

On the other hand,has lagos state been able to recover their money since then?
Its nt as simple as you think,dude!

In life, IF YOU NEED SOMETHING REAL BAD, YOU GO GET IT YOURSELF!
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote
author=control_seven]PH-Aba road is a death trap! Aba-Umuahia road is a
nightmare! Umuahia-Enugu road is like a trip to hell. Enugu-Onitsha
road is an abandoned project!
Our govt, past & present are collective failures!! [/quote] Words, letters, acronyms or smileys alone can not depict, express or show how angry I am at you for not mentioning the -Enugu-Abakaliki Trunk A Expressroad. When built newly I heard, takes 1hr to ply on it, but now in it's present condition, it takes like 3hrs. *WEEPS IN ASHES*
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by geez1: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Any governor that is serious about developing his state will fix an economically important federal road and make claims from the FG later. Lagos has done this severally.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
geez*:

Any governor that is serious about developing his state will fix an economically important federal road and make claims from the FG later. Lagos has done this severally.
. if you would remember,state governments were banned from construction of federal roads during ngige/obj saga.now state government in the southeast require express consent from the fg to construct federal roads. take the enugu/onitsha road that has been constructed for nearly five years nw
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by geez1: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
liberty300: . if you would remember,state governments were banned from construction of federal roads during ngige/obj saga.now state government in the southeast require express consent from the fg to construct federal roads. take the enugu/onitsha road that has been constructed for nearly five years nw

They way I see it is like this. You work for a multinational and you have deliverables as a staff and you have to visit a particular client but at that point in time, there's no pool car available but then you decide you won't use your private car because the company will may not pay for it but then in the end, you fail to meet your target. Whose loss will be it? The company will lose a client but you may lose your job. For me I believe federal roads are the most economically important roads in different states from my local travels and if you as a governor fails to fix it, you will invariably be shooting your quest for private investment on the foot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Picture Of Donald Trump And Nnamdi Kanu As Friends Long Ago / Bangladesh Envoy Visits PMB, Promises Stronger Ties / New Heads Appointed For National Sports Commission, BPE, PTDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.