Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

.... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / .... (2753 Views)

Ijebu Language Or Dialect / Ijebu People - The Most Industrious Beings On Earth. Please Let's Get Together / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: .... by Chanchit: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeew....!
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
He has a right to say he is Ijebu and not Yoruba. It's a pity you are seeing such for the first time. Take it or leave it, the Awujale of Ijebuland has spoken on their identity-that they are not Yorubas and that they came from Sudan.
Long live Ijebu ethnic nationality.
Re: .... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^Andre_Uweh, what's good? grin

When will I get an invite to the Igbo youth meeting in London?
Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ijebus are Yoruba.
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
shymexx: ^^^Andre_Uweh, what's good? grin

When will I get an invite to the Igbo youth meeting in London?
We are not same and am based in Nigeria. Carry time oo.
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Ijebus are Yoruba.
If their overrall paramount ruler and the custodian of their history says they are not yorubas, who are you to say what they are not. The Ijebu peoples right to ethnic nationality must be respected.
Re: .... by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ngodigha1:
If their overrall paramount ruler and the custodian of their history says they are not yorubas, who are you to say what they are not. The Ijebu peoples right to ethnic nationality must be respected.

I've seen the statement, and that was a political statement... I asked pops who's from a royal Ijebu family, and he said any Ijebu guy that says he isn't Yoruba is delusional... We're 100% Yoruba and one of the purest Yoruba sub-group.

I kind of seeing where the Awujale was coming from - because the Ijebu kingdom(Sungbo Eredo) in the ancient times was a massive Kingdom, and he was just trying to compete with other Yoruba Obas. And he was also trying to bring the Itsekiris back under the Ijebu tag, but saying Ijebus aren't Yoruba is ludicrous... That being said, we also have a right to be cocky because Ijebu Kingdom have controlled most of the sea access Yoruba people have from ancient times, till now - but we're Yoruba people..

Almost all the most respected leaders of Yoruba people also have Ijebu ancestry... Chief Awolowo and Chief Abraham Adesanya... We're are Yoruba people!
Re: .... by slimyem: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ijebu is not youruba?
..or am i not reading right?
Nansense!
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
It was in the late 30's that Ijebu monarchs started attending yoruba meetings and even at that they attended it as observers. Ijebus being Yoruba today is just political and that started during the Awoic era.
Ijebu is Ijebu and Yoruba is Yoruba.
Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ngodigha1:

it is not for the paramount ruler, or the people to decide. it is for history and genetics to decide.

history clearly dictates Yoruba ancestry, unless you have proof of otherwise. there is also one simple test: do Ijebus have a different Traditional religion because Pagan religions cannpt be proselytysed. it is solely acquired by birth, be it anywhere in the world. if they arefollowers of Ifa-Orisha, then they are Yorubas.
Re: .... by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
Yoruba leave Ijebu tribe alone the are not yoruba you people want to steal their lands

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Why are you people trying to claim other people's land

1 Like

Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is not for the paramount ruler, or the people to decide. it is for history and genetics to decide.

history clearly dictates Yoruba ancestry, unless you have proof of otherwise. there is also one simple test: do Ijebus have a different Traditional religion because Pagan religions cannpt be proselytysed. it is solely acquired by birth, be it anywhere in the world. if they arefollowers of Ifa-Orisha, then they are Yorubas.
They ijebus are neighbours to the Yorubas and as a result, they have exchanged cultural traits with their neighbours . Up till the early 30's , the Ijebus will fight anyone who identifies them as Yorubas.
They are not Yorubas, why is this hard to accept. W
Re: .... by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ijebu people have made it clear they are not Yoruba so why force them?
Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ngodigha1:
They ijebus are neighbours to the Yorubas and as a result, they have exchanged cultural traits with their neighbours . Up till the early 30's , the Ijebus will fight anyone who identifies them as Yorubas.
They are not Yorubas, why is this hard to accept. W

why are you saying they are not Yorubas it seems you are more worried about the land than the "Yorubas" themselves. and please dont talk about culture. i clearly mentioned "Yoruba religion". the only way to acquire Yoruba religion is by descent. culture can be copied.

also what is your basis on this claim?
Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
dazey: Ijebu people have made it clear they are not Yoruba so why force them?

who is forcing? isnt this thread created by an Ijebu
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

why are you saying they are not Yorubas it seems you are more worried about the land than the "Yorubas" themselves. and please dont talk about culture. i clearly mentioned "Yoruba religion". the only way to acquire Yoruba religion is by descent. culture can be copied.

also what is your basis on this claim?
Culture in this context is every aspect of life including religion. So the two nations have copied each other. You are not an Ijebuman and shouldn't be speaking for them. Aribisala0 etc who are Ijebus have made it clearly known to all that they are not Yorubas. It is a lack of total respect to refer the Ijebus as Yorubas while they are not. Dude, show some respect.
Re: .... by Antivirus92(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2012
Ijebu are NOT yoruba,simple and short. Even awori self!

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

who is forcing? isnt this thread created by an Ijebu

99% of ijebu and Awori don't see themselves as yoruba

1 Like

Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Culture in this context is every aspect of life including religion. So the two nations have copied each other. You are not an Ijebuman and shouldn't be speaking for them. Aribisala0 etc who are Ijebus have made it clearly known to all that they are not Yorubas. It is a lack of total respect to refer the Ijebus as Yorubas while they are not. Dude, show some respect.

it is non of my business as to what they re. but by my personal opinion they are Yorubas. you didnt even furninsh any proofs as to your claims and you expect us to believ you. angry
Re: .... by Ngodigha1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is non of my business as to what they re. but by my personal opinion they are Yorubas. you didnt even furninsh any proofs as to your claims and you expect us to believ you. angry
Go and check the list of Ijebu Awujales before 19th century and you will see that none of them bore a yoruba name. Forget about the yoruba people that have recently migrated to Ijebuland, the original ijebus knows that they are not yorubas.
Re: .... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Go and check the list of Ijebu Awujales before 19th century and you will see that none of them bore a yoruba name. Forget about the yoruba people that have recently migrated to Ijebuland, the original ijebus knows that they are not yorubas.

Andre, what's gwaning?
Re: .... by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
That's very good for you shymmex.
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ngodigha1: He has a right to say he is Ijebu and not Yoruba. It's a pity you are seeing such for the first time. Take it or leave it, the Awujale of Ijebuland has spoken on their identity-that they are not Yorubas and that they came from Sudan.
Long live Ijebu ethnic nationality.

interesting. lol
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

Andre, what's gwaning?

grin
Re: .... by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ngodigha1:

i will research this one.
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: I just saw a post by aribisala0 where he said; "he's Ijebu and not Yoruba." That's a fallacy that shouldn't be allowed to destroy the unity among the Yoruba Nation... Obanta, the progenitor of the Ijebu sub-group migrated from Ile-Ife, and we have been Yoruba since the beginning of time.. We the Ijebus also make up at least 25% of the people who first inhabitant of Ibadan... We're Yoruba people and we're very proud of our Yoruba heritage. cool cool

Hypocrisy, from lack of a better word.

Says that person who was trying to draw a line between Lagosians and Ekitis.

I guess unity has its time, when one decides to play the role of the unifier.

Phew!! NLers, very scary bunch.
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hypocrisy, from lack of a better word.

Says that person who was trying to draw a line between Lagosians and Ekitis.

I guess unity has its time, when one decides to play the role of the unifier.

Phew!! NLers, very scary bunch.

interesting.
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
BelaMorena:

interesting.

MzD,

Not sure if you have an issue with me or not, but I sense a tension. It's better to say it upfront than to slyly instigate an assumption you've carved up.
This is simply my observation.
And I chose to ignore when you said "I thought you were good pals" or sth like that because if anyone should know that it really is the "opposite", it would be you.
So any issues you want to clear up with me. . . . please do so.
Re: .... by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

MzD,

Not sure if you have an issue with me or not, but I sense a tension. It's better to say it upfront than to slyly instigate an assumption you've carved up.
This is simply my observation.
And I chose to ignore when you said "I thought you were good pals" or sth like that because if anyone should know that it really is the "opposite", it would be you.
So any issues you want to clear up with me. . . . please do so.

You know me long enough to know if I had a problem with you, you would know off gate wink.
I WAS really curious to know why you two fell off and that's it.
Re: .... by PeterKbaba: 1:26am On Sep 09, 2012
Beer Parlor talk...Ijebu's are 100 + 10 % Yorubas and no one can change that

(1) (2) (Reply)

ْ / My Father Sister Grand Children Are Called? / Oso Owo Tabi Asiri Bibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.