Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,509 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? (8491 Views)

Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? / Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience / Is Eating Hot Dog The Same As . . .dog Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by egift(m): 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
I admire very social individuals - I wish sometimes I could just be like them.

But fact is I enjoy being on my own (all by myself). Eat, stay or work. I do not have problem having people around (friends or enemies), but when am on my own - their will be no arguments, lousy discussions, insults, someone spoiling my gadgets or provocations.

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
preshuzpearl: I didn't know what section to put this in, but i thought that since it relates to lifestyle and sociality, it would fit in here.

Personally, i love staying on my own and i enjoy doing this a great deal although there are times when i have friends over or go over to see them, its no big deal, i do have fun in any case.
However I have noticed that whenever i tell my friends that i went to an eatery alone, they seem to have a problem with it. They think it's wrong for me eat out by myself.
So i want to know your take on this. Is it unacceptable to eat alone in a restaurant?

Much ado about nothing...anyway, maybe cos you are a female. Presently, I am in a very lively eatery relaxing alone & replying to your post and I feel even more comfortable. so dear, live your life away from peer-pressure if u want to live a good fulfilling life.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by k2039: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
*Shollypopz:
I love my "alone time" too. A lil too much than normal though, so I don't think it's weird @ all. I just say I'm having a date wiv d Holy spirit dat's all!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by dasparrow: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
preshuzpearl: I didn't know what section to put this in, but i thought that since it relates to lifestyle and sociality, it would fit in here.

Personally, i love staying on my own and i enjoy doing this a great deal although there are times when i have friends over or go over to see them, its no big deal, i do have fun in any case.
However I have noticed that whenever i tell my friends that i went to an eatery alone, they seem to have a problem with it. They think it's wrong for me eat out by myself.
So i want to know your take on this. Is it unacceptable to eat alone in a restaurant?

It is not unacceptable to eat alone in a restaurant. What kind of backward thinking friends do you have anyways? Do that which makes you happy as long as you are not breaking the laws of the land. After all, we only get to live life once so live life to the fullest.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by paris10: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2012

Seriously, its kinda odd not only for you but for your gender in general to eat out alone in a restaurant. Not concluding that you are selfish or stingy, but you got it written all over you.

In-as-much as it isn't a taboo for a lady to eat alone in a restaurant, it nevertheless portray such individual as an opportunist(seeking attention of guys and looking for free foods), a lazy woman who couldn't cook and a selfish person who would rather dodge her friends to eat alone.

However, you alone know your reasons! There's an adage that says eating with friends or family is better. Anyway, enjoy your life my sister
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by ZeusI: 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2012

Yes! If you feel that your purse/wallet cannot accommodate another, you should go alone and enjoy yourself. There is nothing bad with that.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Dazzled: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
When eva i want 2 giv myself a treat,i eat alone n its fun.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by ajlofty: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
my dear nothing goes wrong if one at a particular time eat out alone
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Sijo01(f): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
hornipipe: wow so u take your dvd, and laptop with u each time u go to an eatery to eat?
grin grin

yes deari. I take one of the two along, most especially d dvd because its vry handy. Btw, i dnt jst go out because am hungry n wanna eat but because i wanna relax/spend sometime alone.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by kabna(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
used to do it very often when i wasn't married still do it though what's the deal? most people today fear to be all by themselves hence make it seem like a taboo
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
I do it all the time.
Its really the only time I can use my iPad in peace.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Rossikk(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
ArQueBusieR: You worry too much. Just live your life.

KPOM!!!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
Well I enjoy eating alone and I enjoy my own company... It is what it is....Yep sometimes I go out to eat with my male friends...But I dnt like going out to eat with girls that are just friends....They'll be pressuring u to pay for their meals....And they won't ever pay for yours (atleast most but not all of them sha.) I'll take my gf out anytime I feel like cos we're dating and I enjoy going out with her But girls. that are just friends....NO.....Your guys that are just friends won't expect you to pay for their meals. All what of I've said is my opinion sha.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by simdam500(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
!t not bad, most especially for gals. Human need time alone to tink, absorb, meditate not even dis modern age we are into that different things are happenin around us. One need to think of tomorrow. So, it even d best!!!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sijo01:

yes deari. I take one of the two along, most especially d dvd because its vry handy. Btw, i dnt jst go out because am hungry n wanna eat but because i wanna relax/spend sometime alone.
cheesy good for u
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Theblessed(f): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
[size=16pt]No!

It's a mark of independence and confidence in yourself - enjoy your life and blessings!

If anyone has issues with that, tough!

Let them label what they like, it won't be as tough as the late Christian Essien, suffered in the hands of Nigerian men (with their name callings) at the peak of her career more than 40yrs ago. Remember, Nigerians weren't as enlightened as today with Satellite dish and Smartphones.

And now, look who got married, had the boys and still maintained her musical and, acting careers plus, a reputable business woman in her own right! Was it not Christiana Essien-Igbokwe? undecided undecided undecided

She had the last laugh so, go live your life and enjoy the blessing God gave you - but, remember to help others too!
[/size]
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by lawizle(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Flashaldrin:
you dont get it. I eat because i need to.

Confirm robot!!!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin why is every1 calling flash a robot
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by lawizle(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
2buff: I do it all the time.
Its really the only time I can use my iPad in peace.

Just to tell us say u get ipad

Yeye! mtchewest.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2012

Well,i do this all the time..as long as i could remember,i've always been a loner and i dont mix with people so i just carry myself to a good treat whenever i feel worthy
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
paris10:

Seriously, its kinda odd not only for you but for your gender in general to eat out alone in a restaurant. Not concluding that you are selfish or stingy, but you got it written all over you.

In-as-much as it isn't a taboo for a lady to eat alone in a restaurant, it nevertheless portray such individual as an opportunist(seeking attention of guys and looking for free foods), a lazy woman who couldn't cook and a selfish person who would rather dodge her friends to eat alone.

However, you alone know your reasons! There's an adage that says eating with friends or family is better. Anyway, enjoy your life my sister
u wicked o
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 09, 2012
lawizle:

Just to tell us say u get ipad

Yeye! mtchewest.

no jealous me tongue
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 09, 2012
Flashaldrin:
you dont get it. I eat because i need to.

We got it but you need to rephrase your comment...it's contradictory. When you say "you don't like eating", then obviously you must be a robot as the guy that replied you said.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Abbey2sam(m): 5:34am On Sep 09, 2012
i fink there's nuffin wrong in Eating out alone,personally i do eat out alone alot and i enjoy it.... I don't let people tel me wat to do,i do wat i feel is fun to me
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by bankyblue(m): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Eat out alone o, drinking out alone o. See, nothing is wrong with it. Since u own ur money, u can spend it the way u feel. Ok!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by DECOtech(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Abeg!...
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by RuuDie(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2012
preshuzpearl: So i want to know your take on this. Is it unacceptable to eat alone in a restaurant?

Except you're "eating" just for the fun of it or sitting inside that eatery to chill - else if hunger dey nack you akpa'ko, I doubt if you go send!
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by davidif: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2012
I only eat out by myself. Its very, very, very RARE that i eat with someone.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by Ninilowo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Nothing do you. That is what is killing us in AFRICA. When u cater for people doing nothing while you toil. I also do the same and I DO ENJOY DOING IT ALONE cos I wont need to be talkking trash after some bottles of whatever.
Re: Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? by shilling(f): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
It's not a taboo, I just don't do it cos it's boring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World / How To Make Nigeria Own Meat Pie / What Nigerians Don't Know About Orobo Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.