Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience (9108 Views)

Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? / Your Worst Food Combination / Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? (2) (3) (4)

Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Piyke: 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
I have two eating-out experiences I never want to relieve.

1st- (Cardiff, UK.) I was in wales for two nights and looking for a cheap accommodation deal I paid for a Bed & Breakfast. I can never forget this breakfast angry , I'll even gist my grandchildren. I asked for English breakfast and was expectant. Next thing I saw was a splash of baked beens that tasted as though it was from the day before, the sausages were oversalted, the fried bread was a no no, lastly the tomato was...tasted somehow sad
No be person tell to bone the cooked breakfast option the next day.

2nd - (Enugu, Nigeria) This was at a popular eatery chain. I ordered fried rice which was basicly oversalted. I really wondered how that food was certified for customers.

Of the two, the jand one takes first place.
Let's here yours.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Piyke: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
Anyone?
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by yuzedo: 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Anytime i bought food and it didn't not fooool my bele! angry That is a worsted expirense that you can ever imagined! undecided

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
I remember ordering my favorite food in the world(rice) rice from a local booker. I tasted this food and swore with my life and only tomato was used to cook it. No salt, Maggi, onion etc. Nothing. Even the tomato did not taste cooked. Tufiakwa.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Went to a chinese restaurant,didn't undastand the menu,cos it was written in chinese. Ordered for items 6,and 1. Guess what,it was cigarette,and lighter. I wonder what others would be.

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Damselnoni(f): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
wen i travel to ondo state for my post utme exam,the rice wey i them go by 4 me don turn water and the meat almost remove my'Eyeen'
no coke 4 the area na 7up them they drink.any way am proud of my state and our 'iyan'
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by executinal(m): 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
funy commentsgrin grin
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yomieluv: Went to a chinese restaurant,didn't undastand the menu,cos it was written in chinese. Ordered for items 6,and 1. Guess what,it was cigarette,and lighter. I wonder what others would be.
Na lie go kill you...this is a popular joke.

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
Paris; Latin quarter. A rustic-themed french restaurant. I was a school kid so I forgive myself for falling for traps set for tourists. The filet mignon was smelly (puke) and the french onion soup was a brown coloured coagulated liquid with a thick skin on top, that tasted like... chemicals with a pinch of salt. And they had a cheek to garnish it with a soggy crouton *puke face*.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Libkid(m): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Am i mad to go eatery go eat make them poison with white maggi
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Quads: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
This was at the Chinese restaurant in Presidential Hotel PH, trying to be sophisticated I ordered something with a sophisticated name cheesy, and funny enough the order took forever to come, every other person had gotten their's and was making small talk waiting for me. Finally when it came it looked like an octopus in soured white rice - I kid you not. What came out of my lil niece mouth was "eewww", and everybody started laughing even the waiter. I think she saved the day if not I woulda being the butt of jokes.

Till date I wonder if they had an aquarium in their kitchen where they got that creature from.

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
Na here yhu go see liars. Dem no even know any chinese restaurant. How dem won com take go am? *SMH*

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by donigspain(m): 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Since I travelled to Benue state on the 2nd of this month, each passing day has presented me with WORST eat-outs ever; talk about TIVs and bad food (soup & stew alike).sadsadsad

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Boyoorisha: 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was in Sao Tome, I ate a fish with some leaves. Immediately I got to my room I started feeling bad; body weakness, headache and runny stomach. I was very afraid cos I thought the food was poisoned but I eventually regain my stability after some hours
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by omega25red(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
(Though the food was good but the service was really bad) when i lived in NYC i heard of this Nigerian restaurant in the Bronx so i picked up my friend for lunch and we went there. To start of, the place was empty and dark. There was no waitress and we just sat down waiting for services. While sitting the waitress finally arrived.
When she came to our table she didn't even apologize for us waiting or even say "hi my name is so and so i will be serving your table" she said "What do you want"

i couldn't help but to laugh out loud and she looked at me shocked. Needles to say her tip was less than my regular tip for good service.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by nuelkaosi(m): 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sorri bt I dnt eat out... I eat only what I cook.

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by devour129: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
This is a long story so you guys have to bear with me ! back at oau,there was this igbo(nnewi couple) near samtad that sold igbo food and delicacies.normally,when we go there to buy isi-ewu or nkowbi,we just order and they make it and bring it out for for us while we spent time gisting with the owners(as we are igbos too in a foreign town)i have lost count of how many times mi friends and i have bought food from so on this particular day,we just finished an exam so we passed tru there and we were in a hurry so we order but it was taking too long so i decided to go to the kitchen to hurry them up and up till today,i have never eaten isi-ewu again.i saw the lady taking water from a pool of dirty water in the sink and mixing the isi-ewu and when i screamed in horror,she claimed that there tap was bad so they store there water in the sink,was still trying to consider if i should run or throw up and the dad walked in (cos he was eating egwusi soup at the sit-out when we came in) and he went straight to the sink where the daughter was taking water from to make food for people and washed his egwusi hands while asking me why i screamed !!!!!! i took off and alerted mi friends and we all walked out but the worst was that the dirty drunk of a man started abusing us that we ordered food and now we are leaving ,who will pay him and i told him God go punish him.fast forward some months later,an nnewi friend invited to there cultural day loo and behold,it was this dirty wicked family that catered the food shocked shocked

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by tomsongz(m): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
If dis thread waz a restaurant, it would serve da worst food in da world
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by stupor(m): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yeah !

Went to a posh African canteen somewhere at Yaba,Lagos to eat black Amala'yam flour' Gbegiri and Ewedu''Veg and soya bean sauce' with a very big goat meat'Egufe' but,regretted after paying close to N1500 that afternoon,the goat meat was tòo hard to chew !

I shòuld have bought a Take-away which obviously would have allowed me to handle and churn the goat-meat comfortably well.

*Painful experience indeed*

I was forming Big boy as a Naija town boy!

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Kslib(m): 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Izrhiell: Na here yhu go see liars. Dem no even know any chinese restaurant. How dem won com take go am? *SMH*
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Damselnoni(f): 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
stupor: Yeah !

Went to a Behind African cantent somewhere at Yaba,Lagos to eat black Amala'yam flour' Gbegiri and Ewedu''Veg and soya bean sauce' with a very big goat meat'Egufe' but,regretted after paying close to N1500 that afternoon,the goat meat was tòo hard to chew !

I shòuld have bought a Take-away which obviously would have allowed me to handle and churn the goat-meat comfortably well.

*Painful experience indeed*

I was forming Big boy as a Naija town boy!
u be omo unilag ni?
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
yuzedo: [b]Anytime i bought food and it didn't not fooool my bele! angry That is a worsted expirense that you can ever imagined! undecided[/b]

bia...are u speaking Latin or your ancient language? undecided Get a grip of yourself and stop shelling all nairalanders with your oral bombs angry

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by pharuk: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Served in Abakaliki in Ebonyi state >>>> I decided to break my fast in a popular restaurant that all NYSC guys recommended, I entered there feeling dead because of hunger, ordered rice and beans with Fanta.
Rice was the famous abakaliki rice which in my opinion is dirty rice mixed with asphalt and gravel, I couldn’t chew the rice for the fear of losing my tooth, the beans tasted like it was soaked in kerosene.
2nd restaurant was in the UK, so called African restaurant, we ordered pepper soup, looks like the woman went to Africa to catch the goat, took forever, and when the food came, I decided it will be best to be a vegetarian.

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Na lie go kill you...this is a popular joke.
am disappointed at ur level of reasoning to have believed what I wrote in the first place. The topic itself aint worth being serious with.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by sleekch1c(f): 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
devour129: This is a long story so you guys have to bear with me ! back at oau,there was this igbo(nnewi couple) near samtad that sold igbo food and delicacies.normally,when we go there to buy isi-ewu or nkowbi,we just order and they make it and bring it out for for us while we spent time gisting with the owners(as we are igbos too in a foreign town)i have lost count of how many times mi friends and i have bought food from so on this particular day,we just finished an exam so we passed tru there and we were in a hurry so we order but it was taking too long so i decided to go to the kitchen to hurry them up and up till today,i have never eaten isi-ewu again.i saw the lady taking water from a pool of dirty water in the sink and mixing the isi-ewu and when i screamed in horror,she claimed that there tap was bad so they store there water in the sink,was still trying to consider if i should run or throw up and the dad walked in (cos he was eating egwusi soup at the sit-out when we came in) and he went straight to the sink where the daughter was taking water from to make food for people and washed his egwusi hands while asking me why i screamed !!!!!! i took off and alerted mi friends and we all walked out but the worst was that the dirty drunk of a man started abusing us that we ordered food and now we are leaving
,who will pay him and i told him God go punish him.fast forward some months later,an nnewi friend invited to there cultural day loo and behold,it was this dirty wicked family that catered the food shocked shocked

Ewwwww embarassed
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
pharuk: Served in Abakaliki in Ebonyi state >>>> I decided to break my fast in a popular restaurant that all NYSC guys recommended, I entered there feeling dead because of hunger, ordered rice and beans with Fanta.
Rice was the famous abakaliki rice which in my opinion is dirty rice mixed with asphalt and gravel, I couldn’t chew the rice for the fear of losing my tooth, the beans tasted like it was soaked in kerosene.
2nd restaurant was in the UK, so called African restaurant, we ordered pepper soup, looks like the woman went to Africa to catch the goat, took forever, and when the food came, I decided it will be best to be a vegetarian.
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Agbgift(f): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was my one year in law school, where we dnt cook but buy food all tru ur stay der. Na mami der u go chop rubbish wey dem call food wey go make purge pursue u from lecture hall. Indomie became d best solace@ dat tym.
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by symbianDON(m): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
a friend of mine made a stop at a restaurant to have lunch while he was on a journey (don't wanna mention d town). He ordered pounded yam and egusi soup. Soon after he finished d first wrap, he made to eat a generous piece from the 'smoked fish' in d soup. Turned out the supposed smoked fish was actually blackened snake lizard usually kept in d soup pot as a fetish charm to attract customers!!!! The newly employed waitress hadn't learnt d ropes well enough. Needless to say, d madam nearly swooned and made frantic efforts to mollify my friend to no avail. Anyway, till date, he has not eaten in any restaurant since then!!

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by hustla(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
yuzedo: Anytime i bought food and it didn't not fooool my bele! angry That is a worsted expirense that you can ever imagined! undecided

Is this English?
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Roach Drumstick...

1.) During my uni days...found a roach leg in my rice. Spat for a week.

Kick-áss prawns...

2.) One fine morning, was hungry. Entered this fancy restaurant in Accra. Looked at the the menu, and the devil pushed me to order some new shít.

I eat shrimps with no wahala. But didn't know I was allergic to their cousin prawns.

Took a few mouthfuls and the devil and his angels had a field day. My eyes immediately turned red, the insides of my throat started itching badly. The food passed right through and turned to molten lava.

I abandoned the food and put Usain Bolt to shame on my way to the toilet.

Moral: If you are a bushman, stick to rice & beans man!

Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
When I tasted what Nigerians refer to as hamburger....ewwwww, pukes, tufiakwa!!!
Re: Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience by sigba(f): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
symbianDON: a friend of mine made a stop at a restaurant to have lunch while he was on a journey (don't wanna mention d town). He ordered pounded yam and egusi soup. Soon after he finished d first wrap, he made to eat a generous piece from the 'smoked fish' in d soup. Turned out the supposed smoked fish was actually blackened snake lizard usually kept in d soup pot as a fetish charm to attract customers!!!! The newly employed waitress hadn't learnt d ropes well enough. Needless to say, d madam nearly swooned and made frantic efforts to mollify my friend to no avail. Anyway, till date, he has not eaten in any restaurant since then!!
Holy Moses.. shocked shocked

Nice Shawarma Joints / 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts / Favourite Nigerian Food

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51