Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! (2311 Views)

Rehabilitation Of Enugu-onitsha New Contract, Something Is Fishy Here... / The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) / GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
It is very curious and calls for serious investigation or possible cancellation/redrafting of the #106billion aviation loan process.If you ask me why,historically,if one can recall the grand corruption that follows the bloated cost of construction of the Abuja runway,the Delta state 'white elephant' liability called Asaba Airport,then you will know that the Nigerian Aviation sector is a cesspit of corruption.
Now to the #106 billion 'loan'.the curiousity arose from
1.Why go for loans in the first place when govt is planning to divest from public utilities and poor track records of management of such infrastructure.
2.Why go borrowing when the populace have earlier complained about the rising foreign and domestic debt.Is it sensible to exit from the west-sponsord loans and enter another loan trap from the chinese.
3.Why should the loan come from the Chinese in the first place,with the track record of chinese funded loans like the Nigerian railway modernization being constructed by loans provided by the chinese.Going to the chinese again just does not make sense undecided
4.Why would it be the chinese that would be the one to provide the loan and work out the cost of the project.Is it not sensible that an independent body do the costing of the project
5.Why sould it be a chinese company that would cost and executue the project at the same time.Clearly,the cost of the project would have been bloated and packaged in favour of the chinese company,economy and govt.
6.Why should such sensitive infrastructure be entirely left in the hand of a foreign nation.construction of 11 airports in one fell swoop is a serious security risk.In the face of the mounting security challenges we are currently facing,it is more sensible that sensitive issues should continue to attract serious consideration.clearly the whole original coy of the plan,the patent right will be owned and domiciled in a foreign nation shocked shocked shocked
7.Going by the way the chinese do their businesses,you can be rest assured that most of the support business and human resource requirement for this kind of huge project in a sane country should be skewded in favour of her nationals but knowing the unpatriotic nature of these corrupt govt officials,there will be no condition to enforce the local content role in the project.At the end of the day,most of the jobs and accrued economic benefits would be outsource to chinese companies.
8.The advertised 2% interest is only a bait to lure corrupt govt officials and provide them an excuse to explain to Nigerians that the loan is cheap whereas,at 2% interest loan of a bloated cost of project ,we are paying more cry cry cry,at the end of the day,Nigeria would be paying more for the project.The capital flight,the security risk and the entrapment of future generations of unborn citizen of the country to the payment of spurious loan debt.
9.Why is the national assembly not consulted for debate to seek the input of Nigerians into this loan deal through public debate before dragging the nation into the debt trap.
10.Why the rush to quickly get the job done when the citizens are not fully convinced it is a major compelling need we should go into a loan for.
I think,the national assembly should stop this project before Nigeria is dragged into another debt trap.Somebody please save this national from these unpatriotic govt officials.
[b]

The minister said that the first phase of the remodeling and construction of 11 airports would be completed in the next 90 days, while the contract for the second phase of another 11 airports would take two years before completion.

She explained that the projects were to be executed with a concessionary loan from China Nexim Bank in 22 years with 5 years moratorium at an interest rate of 2 per cent. Oduah added that mobilisation to site by the contractors was expected to commence in the next 90 days. ``What this means is that before the end of the lifespan of this administration, we would have been able to bequeath to Nigerians the airports of their dreams.

``Our dream is to also strive to transform Nigeria's aviation sector into a major contributor to the nation's GDP and the airports are pivotal to the actualisation of this dream. ``The award of contracts for the construction of the new international airport terminals will, therefore, be a significant first step in this direction,'' she said. Oduah said the third phase of the implementation strategy of the aviation transformation was the Aerotropolis project -- airport cities that provide clusters of businesses.

According to her, the Aerotropolis will provide businesses in manufacturing, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) amongst others. ``Recently, we embarked on an international Investors' Road Show to China, Canada and the United States of America (USA) to market the huge opportunities that abound for investment in the nation's aviation sector.

``Again, I am very happy to inform you that our team was not only well received in those countries, but also quite significant, is the fact that the trip has begun to yield great results.

``In a few days' time, I shall be returning to China to sign a contract for the take off of construction work on the five brand new terminals. We shall also use the opportunity to conclude discussions with the investors that have shown tremendous interest and enthusiasm to invest in the Aerotroplis project,'' Oduah said.

Eleven airports that are currently undergoing reconstruction are Murtala Muhammed International Airport and the General Aviation Terminal (GAT), Lagos; the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja; Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa; the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu and the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano. Others are Margaret Ekpo International Airport, Calabar, Yakubu Gowon Airport, Jos; the airports in Yola, Kaduna and Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri.

(NAN)

www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44067-fg-approves-n106bn-for-construction-of-new-airport-terminals[/b]

I OPENED THIS THREAD OVER A YEAR AGO!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by werepeLeri: 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
lol. You cry on NairaLand like say anyone hears you? What a pity!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^ you are crying but sadly, you think you are laughing.I know you are one of the 40 laptop and your group constitute the greatest albatross to the clueless GEJ administration.I have raised salient issues that a responsible citizen should ask those who claim to be representing me and the least you could do is laugh at a serious issue.I pity you,I pity your parents who wasted money educating you,I pity your principal who you members of the 40 laptop crew continue to disgrace in intellectual arena.I will advice you to read today's punchnewspaper on 'Is the Presidency becoming Desperate and Jittery?http://www.punchng.com/opinion/is-the-presidency-becoming-desperate-and-jittery/
We will sustain call for investigation of this hurriedly packaged spurious loan from the chinese.The chines,I know,dont love my country more than I do.I know something is fishy!

1 Like

Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by warrior01: 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Op, the only thing 'fishy' here is for you to dump that fish brain and get a life

1 Like

Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by werepeLeri: 11:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
onomeasike: ^^^ you are crying but sadly, you think you are laughing.I know you are one of the 40 laptop and your group constitute the greatest albatross to the clueless GEJ administration.I have raised salient issues that a responsible citizen should ask those who claim to be representing me and the least you could do is laugh at a serious issue.I pity you,I pity your parents who wasted money educating you,I pity your principal who you members of the 40 laptop crew continue to disgrace in intellectual arena.I will advice you to read today's punchnewspaper on 'Is the Presidency becoming Desperate and Jittery?http://www.punchng.com/opinion/is-the-presidency-becoming-desperate-and-jittery/
We will sustain call for investigation of this hurriedly packaged spurious loan from the chinese.The chines,I know,dont love my country more than I do.I know something is fishy!

Crying? For that stoopid sh.it you just wrote up there? Its not your fault - its the fault of your cheap laptop and internet that is making you conjure nonsense that your likes will carry on their head for nothing.

...and whats that sh.it from Punch all about?
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 12:01am On Sep 08, 2012
I told you that the days of ignorance is gone.I know you are the descendant of David mark who is always at pain at the way the internet and social media is used to expose dubios people like you.I am sure if the money that would be paid to offset the loan is your father's money,you will not spend it this way.Most of the airports even up to the political 'airports' littering Nigeria like akwa-ibom airport,ilorin airport,maiduguri,delta etc are not income-generating,as a matter of fact most of them constitute a drain on the govt purse.Few of the viable airport can be concessioned to Nigerian companies like Obasanjo did with MMA2 concessioned to Bicourtney.I am sure this loan is not in the interest of Nigeria!!The national assembly will investigate this loan,I assure you.Where is it done anywhere in the world,most these corrupt leaders continue to make a mockery of this nation.Why should be the chinese that will cost the project,provide the loan and execute it!!!(haba) yet you think my laptop is to blame.All of you will be punished by God and man someday!!!
GEJ,if he is a diligent and patriotic leaders should have been the first to discover this anomaly but when the bubble eventually burst,you and your 40 laptop crew would ask us to leave GEJ out of it.Something is fishy in this loan deal,I insist!!

We all remember what they did with the contract of TOTAL RADAR COVERAGE PROJECT and the role played by govt officials in the case of aviation looting spreee involving past aviation ministers like Chief Fani-kayode, Dr. Aborishade,the former DG of NCAA,FAAN and the schneider.This was the same way they usually start,the amount Nigeria spent of the TOTAL RADAR COVERAGE was far far more than the amount most other countries like namibia spent,yet the money used for the fraudulent TOTAL RADAR COVERAGE was a loan!!!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 12:50am On Sep 08, 2012
aside the spurious nature of the loan,the decision to invest soverign borrowed funds in this project is another misplacement of priority,curretly,there is no single airplane servicing centre in Nigeria,all airplanes flying in Nigeria are serviced in other countries with Ghana being the closest.Nigerian aviation and foreign companies who operate in Nigeria pay millions of dollars on regular basis to service their airplanes in other nations,the attendant capital flight is monumental.This woman parading herself to be the Minister of Aviation did nothing about that.One can imagine the attendant economic and technological benefit that follows such pragmatic decision to support the setting up and operation of a world-class aeronautical service centre,airplane parts fabrication,sale and installation centre.This will surely serve us better than unviable airports,see http://nationalmirroronline.net/features/5780.html

furthermore,where nations like England are even selling off airports to private institutions,Nigeria,a land where the govt is of the greedy,by the greedy and for the greedy,is busy borrowing funds to build and refurbish airports

READ THIS!!

[b]Nigeria’s many unviable airports

Font size:
OLUSEGUN KOIKI 15/02/2011 09:05:00

Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.

Construction of airports in most states of the federation by state governments is seen as a major achievement by such governments, but sector experts say they are needless. OLUSEGUN KOIKI reports.

As at the last count, there are 22 operational airports in the Nigeria’s 36 states including Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), but of these numbers, only four are commercially viable while others are either dying or permanently inactive despite the years of operations.

In spite of the fact that about 18 of the airports are unviable and their maintenance are a burden to the cash crunched Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), different state governments are still bent on constructing airports at their domains. At present, at least eight of such airports are in the pipeline and aviation analysts are divided on the continuous development of airports in most states of the federation. While a section of aviation professionals criticised the development and said the rush for airport constructions by the governments has political undertone, others claimed the idea of having airports either viable or not is good for the general developments of the concerned states.

Airports in the pipeline are Osogbo International airport, Osun State, Agro Cargo Airport, Sagamu, Ogun State, Bayelsa, Delta, Ekiti, Gombe, Niger and Zamfara airports. The active airports in the country today are Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos; the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja; Port Harcourt Airport, Port Harcourt and Aminu Kano Airport, Kano.

Documents at the disposal of National Mirror indicated that FAAN generates an average of N40bn as its annual revenue, which is principally generated by the Lagos airport and the three other viable airports in Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. The princely sums are being used to service other 18 airports. FAAN records indicated that while the authority made about N1m revenue from the Makurdi Airport in 2004, it spent over N70m on the development of the airport same year. It also in 2004 spent N90million on the development of the Kaduna airport, which according to FAAN records contributed less than N10million to the coffers of the agency the same year.

At the MMA, between 1993 to 2009, about 53,869,876 passengers pass through it, Abuja (23,520,70), Port Harcourt (9,443,069) and Kano had 5,629,096 in the same period. Airports like Katsina had 65,524, Akure (30,689), Minna (64,924), Ibadan (75,038), Ilorin (145,371), Sokoto (675,807), Yola (834,668), Maiduguri (1,320,149), Benin (1,154265), Calabar (2,244,205), Enugu (2,840360), Jos (1,100,679), passengers in 17 years while Owerri had 1,816,904 passengers in 16 years having commenced operations in 1994. Also, data obtained from the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) revealed that in 2001, neither cargo nor mail was moved through the 16 of the airports in Nigeria.

In that same year, only 325 passengers were flown through the Akure airport, 956 through Katsina airport, 573 by Minna, 866 through Markurdi and 4763 via Ibadan. The data, further disclosed that throughout 2002, only 466 passengers used the Makurdi airport, 1283 through Akure, 914 via Katsina and 1073 passengers through Minna. These statistics confirm the un-viability of these airports. Besides, even with the viability of the four airports in Nigeria, their growths can not be compared to that of Dubai Airport, which passengers’ volume increased by 15 per cent in 2004.Statistics obtained indicated that cargo traffic rose 17.7 per cent to 2.3 million tonnes in 2010 following a surge in air freight volumes during the first three quarters and passenger numbers totalling 47.2 million in 2010 beat the airport’s initial projection of 46.1 million and growth accelerated from a 9.2 per cent increase in 2009.

Analysts say passenger numbers should reach 52.2 million in 2011, up 11 per cent on 2010, and Dubai Airport could eventually become the world’s busiest international airport while the airport authority is already planning for the envisaged future growth. "As a result, we have plans to boost capacity on the ground and in the air to ensure we can accommodate the growth while improving service across the airport," the chief executive of Dubai Airport, Mr. Paul Griffiths said.

The Secretary General of Aviation Round Table (ART), Mr. Sam Akerele in an interview with the paper picked the Lagos airport as the only viable one in the country, saying that others are only struggling to survive. He decried a situation whereby a state government spends about N20bn on the construction of an airport only for the government to generate less than about N1bn from the airport in a year and warned that most of the airports might be diverted for other purpose in the future.

He said, "Either we like it or not, only one airport is viable in this country and that is the Lagos airport. For instance, a state government will construct an airport with about N20bn and makes less than N1bn from that airport in a year. Are we moving forward or backward? "If care is not taken, the airports will turn to football pitches in the future because the government might find it difficult to continue to maintain unviable airports when the viable ones are still been consistently maintained and upgraded by the government.

Most of these airports are unnecessary and have political undertone." Also, an aviation consultant, Engr. Lafeef Ejioye decried the construction of airports by state governments, stating that of all the airports in the country, only Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt airports are viable. Ejioye continued that rather than construct airports for economic reasons, state governments consider political purposes, adding that most of the state governments only waste tax payers’ money by constructing airports in their states. For instance, he criticised the planned construction of Osogbo airport by the Osun States government when Ibadan, Akure and Ilorin airports that are closed by are still unattractive to air passengers.

He emphasized further that these underutilized airports have full complements of staff while the usual government activities of contract awards and payments for services still on going in such airports. He queried the numbers of airlines and passengers that are flying into Akure, Benin, Ilorin, Bauchi and other underutilized airports. He challenged the government to divert the scarce resources in the country to other sectors that are crying for attention. "To me, it will end up being a white elephant project. There are other pressing issues in Osun State than for the government of the past government in the state, Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola to commit huge sums of money to building an airport passenger patronage. There is no point building an airport in a state where many public facilities like schools, water, agricultural produces, Medicare and others are crying for attention.

The issue of airport is a misplaced priority in the state." Meanwhile, the Chairman of ART, Capt. Dele Ore believed opening of airports in some states would open them up to investors. According to Ore, every airport could be viable inasmuch as it is handled by private companies and government provided enabling environment for such company to succeed. Ore said provision of airport in the states would create jobs for the locals and open up such state for investors. He maintained that airports worldwide are handled by private companies, wondering why it is not so in Nigeria. "It may not be economically viable but yet politically expedient and very viable for that reason. We have 36 states and the Federal Capital; you can see that agitation would be for at least 36 airports in this country. You must be aware that there was Ido-Osun airstrip that has been there as early as early 1925 and I remembered in the 60s, I landed into that airstrip. "That is a potential site for an airport already, in which case you are not going to start acquiring lands, evacuating and paying compensation. Government should not have anything to do with managing an airport. Airports are not efficient because they are being managed by the government."

Another aviation stakeholder, Mr. Deba Uwadiae once told our correspondent that there was nothing wrong with the construction of airports even in the 36 states of the federation. He argued that for a country of 140million populace, there was nothing wrong if some states like Lagos had two airports.
[/b]
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 12:54am On Sep 08, 2012
aside the spurious nature of the loan,the decision to invest soverign borrowed funds in this project is another misplacement of priority,curretly,there is no single airplane servicing centre in Nigeria,all airplanes flying in Nigeria are serviced in other countries with Ghana being the closest.Nigerian aviation and foreign companies who operate in Nigeria pay millions of dollars on regular basis to service their airplanes in other nations,the attendant capital flight is monumental.This woman parading herself to be the Minister of Aviation did nothing about that.One can imagine the attendant economic and technological benefit that follows such pragmatic decision to support the setting up and operation of a world-class aeronautical service centre,airplane parts fabrication,sale and installation centre.This will surely serve us better than unviable airports,see http://nationalmirroronline.net/features/5780.html

furthermore,where nations like England are even selling off airports to private institutions,see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBDRNMEFLI,Nigeria,a land where the govt is of the greedy,by the greedy and for the greedy,is busy borrowing funds to build and refurbish airports

READ THIS!!

[b]Nigeria’s many unviable airports

Font size:
OLUSEGUN KOIKI 15/02/2011 09:05:00

Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.

Construction of airports in most states of the federation by state governments is seen as a major achievement by such governments, but sector experts say they are needless. OLUSEGUN KOIKI reports.

As at the last count, there are 22 operational airports in the Nigeria’s 36 states including Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), but of these numbers, only four are commercially viable while others are either dying or permanently inactive despite the years of operations.

In spite of the fact that about 18 of the airports are unviable and their maintenance are a burden to the cash crunched Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), different state governments are still bent on constructing airports at their domains. At present, at least eight of such airports are in the pipeline and aviation analysts are divided on the continuous development of airports in most states of the federation. While a section of aviation professionals criticised the development and said the rush for airport constructions by the governments has political undertone, others claimed the idea of having airports either viable or not is good for the general developments of the concerned states.

Airports in the pipeline are Osogbo International airport, Osun State, Agro Cargo Airport, Sagamu, Ogun State, Bayelsa, Delta, Ekiti, Gombe, Niger and Zamfara airports. The active airports in the country today are Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos; the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja; Port Harcourt Airport, Port Harcourt and Aminu Kano Airport, Kano.

Documents at the disposal of National Mirror indicated that FAAN generates an average of N40bn as its annual revenue, which is principally generated by the Lagos airport and the three other viable airports in Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. The princely sums are being used to service other 18 airports. FAAN records indicated that while the authority made about N1m revenue from the Makurdi Airport in 2004, it spent over N70m on the development of the airport same year. It also in 2004 spent N90million on the development of the Kaduna airport, which according to FAAN records contributed less than N10million to the coffers of the agency the same year.

At the MMA, between 1993 to 2009, about 53,869,876 passengers pass through it, Abuja (23,520,70), Port Harcourt (9,443,069) and Kano had 5,629,096 in the same period. Airports like Katsina had 65,524, Akure (30,689), Minna (64,924), Ibadan (75,038), Ilorin (145,371), Sokoto (675,807), Yola (834,668), Maiduguri (1,320,149), Benin (1,154265), Calabar (2,244,205), Enugu (2,840360), Jos (1,100,679), passengers in 17 years while Owerri had 1,816,904 passengers in 16 years having commenced operations in 1994. Also, data obtained from the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) revealed that in 2001, neither cargo nor mail was moved through the 16 of the airports in Nigeria.

In that same year, only 325 passengers were flown through the Akure airport, 956 through Katsina airport, 573 by Minna, 866 through Markurdi and 4763 via Ibadan. The data, further disclosed that throughout 2002, only 466 passengers used the Makurdi airport, 1283 through Akure, 914 via Katsina and 1073 passengers through Minna. These statistics confirm the un-viability of these airports. Besides, even with the viability of the four airports in Nigeria, their growths can not be compared to that of Dubai Airport, which passengers’ volume increased by 15 per cent in 2004.Statistics obtained indicated that cargo traffic rose 17.7 per cent to 2.3 million tonnes in 2010 following a surge in air freight volumes during the first three quarters and passenger numbers totalling 47.2 million in 2010 beat the airport’s initial projection of 46.1 million and growth accelerated from a 9.2 per cent increase in 2009.

Analysts say passenger numbers should reach 52.2 million in 2011, up 11 per cent on 2010, and Dubai Airport could eventually become the world’s busiest international airport while the airport authority is already planning for the envisaged future growth. "As a result, we have plans to boost capacity on the ground and in the air to ensure we can accommodate the growth while improving service across the airport," the chief executive of Dubai Airport, Mr. Paul Griffiths said.

The Secretary General of Aviation Round Table (ART), Mr. Sam Akerele in an interview with the paper picked the Lagos airport as the only viable one in the country, saying that others are only struggling to survive. He decried a situation whereby a state government spends about N20bn on the construction of an airport only for the government to generate less than about N1bn from the airport in a year and warned that most of the airports might be diverted for other purpose in the future.

He said, "Either we like it or not, only one airport is viable in this country and that is the Lagos airport. For instance, a state government will construct an airport with about N20bn and makes less than N1bn from that airport in a year. Are we moving forward or backward? "If care is not taken, the airports will turn to football pitches in the future because the government might find it difficult to continue to maintain unviable airports when the viable ones are still been consistently maintained and upgraded by the government.

Most of these airports are unnecessary and have political undertone." Also, an aviation consultant, Engr. Lafeef Ejioye decried the construction of airports by state governments, stating that of all the airports in the country, only Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt airports are viable. Ejioye continued that rather than construct airports for economic reasons, state governments consider political purposes, adding that most of the state governments only waste tax payers’ money by constructing airports in their states. For instance, he criticised the planned construction of Osogbo airport by the Osun States government when Ibadan, Akure and Ilorin airports that are closed by are still unattractive to air passengers.

He emphasized further that these underutilized airports have full complements of staff while the usual government activities of contract awards and payments for services still on going in such airports. He queried the numbers of airlines and passengers that are flying into Akure, Benin, Ilorin, Bauchi and other underutilized airports. He challenged the government to divert the scarce resources in the country to other sectors that are crying for attention. "To me, it will end up being a white elephant project. There are other pressing issues in Osun State than for the government of the past government in the state, Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola to commit huge sums of money to building an airport passenger patronage. There is no point building an airport in a state where many public facilities like schools, water, agricultural produces, Medicare and others are crying for attention.

The issue of airport is a misplaced priority in the state." Meanwhile, the Chairman of ART, Capt. Dele Ore believed opening of airports in some states would open them up to investors. According to Ore, every airport could be viable inasmuch as it is handled by private companies and government provided enabling environment for such company to succeed. Ore said provision of airport in the states would create jobs for the locals and open up such state for investors. He maintained that airports worldwide are handled by private companies, wondering why it is not so in Nigeria. "It may not be economically viable but yet politically expedient and very viable for that reason. We have 36 states and the Federal Capital; you can see that agitation would be for at least 36 airports in this country. You must be aware that there was Ido-Osun airstrip that has been there as early as early 1925 and I remembered in the 60s, I landed into that airstrip. "That is a potential site for an airport already, in which case you are not going to start acquiring lands, evacuating and paying compensation. Government should not have anything to do with managing an airport. Airports are not efficient because they are being managed by the government."

Another aviation stakeholder, Mr. Deba Uwadiae once told our correspondent that there was nothing wrong with the construction of airports even in the 36 states of the federation. He argued that for a country of 140million populace, there was nothing wrong if some states like Lagos had two airports.
[/b]
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by CyberG: 1:13am On Sep 08, 2012
onomeasike: ^^^ you are crying but sadly, you think you are laughing.I know you are one of the 40 laptop and your group constitute the greatest albatross to the clueless GEJ administration.I have raised salient issues that a responsible citizen should ask those who claim to be representing me and the least you could do is laugh at a serious issue.I pity you,I pity your parents who wasted money educating you,I pity your principal who you members of the 40 laptop crew continue to disgrace in intellectual arena.I will advice you to read today's punchnewspaper on 'Is the Presidency becoming Desperate and Jittery?http://www.punchng.com/opinion/is-the-presidency-becoming-desperate-and-jittery/

Onome: I (and a LOT of people) hear YOU! Your taking the time to put your thoughts in writing are much appreciated and we are taking NOTE! (Check the number of views). Learn to ignore the 40 lapdogs crew, they are the ones who sold their souls and an enslaved soul needs not even be engaged in any conversation!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:18am On Sep 08, 2012
this same Nigerian aviation sector is nothing but a curse to Nigeria,because the public is opposed to the country setting up a new national carrier,they now want to steal money through bogus loans and contracts.From the millions of dollars that went down the drain in the ill-fated Nigeria Airways to the opprobrium the sector brought Nigeria anytime anybody has a major dealing with Nigerian aviation ministry.The latest was the comment of Sir Richard Branson who had a dealing with Nigeria through her aviation sector.Read Richard Branson's comment below;

[b]
Nigerian Politicians Are Very Insane, They Kill Dreams – Richard Branson

The rich international businessman, Richard Branson, has lambasted the crop of leaders we have in Nigeria for their high level greed which, according to him, is killing big brands wishing to do business with the government of the country, for the growth of Nigeria’s economy.

Below is the revelations by Mr. Branson on his experience in Nigeria…

The chairman of Virgin Atlantic said: “…we have virgin’s ill-fated footsteps by setting up a new airline in Africa in conjunction with Nigerian government…the details of the doomed attempts to crack the Nigerian market in the 2000s is better imagined…we put …together a very good airline-the first airline in West Africa that was ever IOSA/IATA operational safety audit accredited but unfortunately it got tied down to the politics of the country…we led the airlines for 11 years…

“We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour…watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn’t know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point…Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may be irony because the people make up the politicians…

“But those politicians are selfish…we did make N3billion for the federal government of Nigeria during the joint venture…realising that the government didn’t bring nothing to the table/partnership except dubious debts by the previous carrier, Nigeria Airways…The joint venture should have been the biggest African carrier by now if the partnership was allowed to grow, but the politicians KILLED it…Nigeria is a country we SHALL NEVER consider to doing business again..” [/b]

these corrupt Nigerian public officials know what they are doing by avoiding the western nations for this kind of dubious loans.The chinese business foriegn policy promotes corruption,no chinese company would be fined for bribing officials of countries where chinese companies have business interest!!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by ZeusI: 1:38am On Sep 08, 2012
That is a part payment for buying the Northern Nigeria. I dey LAUGH.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:40am On Sep 08, 2012
these corrupt govt officials deliberately avoided stating the chinese companies that would handle this huge contract and the cost they have already spent to process this bogus loans.It is not an oversight.If you doubt me let me refresh our minds with the background of the character in charge of the Aviation Ministry,that could give you an idea of the reason why much of this bogus loan is being hastily packaged in an opaque manner.Meet Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi ,this woman,apart from being a non-aviation expert-a round peg in a square hole, she is one of the promoters of SPG Petroleum,a company that was allegedly indicted by the Oil Subsidy probe report.In saner climes,that alone is enough to call for her sack,but this is Nigeria

Background

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, Ogbaru L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962.
Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

In 1992, she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi[10] and has children.

[edit]

Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 2:04am On Sep 08, 2012
CyberG:

Onome: I (and a LOT of people) hear YOU! Your taking the time to put your thoughts in writing are much appreciated and we are taking NOTE! (Check the number of views). Learn to ignore the 40 lapdogs crew, they are the ones who sold their souls and an enslaved soul needs not even be engaged in any conversation!

thank you sir.I just dont understand the reason why people who claim to have studied overseas,have a fairly impressive resume,like in the case of Stella Oduah-O,will now come to their fatherland and instead of using that education to liberate their people,will use their education to further pauperize the people.How on earth will a sane educated person drag his/her country into a bogus debt to finance white elephant and silly projects.That kind of education is clearly a waste.The national assembly who are the elected representatives must save us from the hands of these unpatriotic unelected elements.I recommend the investigate thoroughly the following;
1.How much of the tax payers money has already being expended in securing this loan.
2.What is the cost-benefit ratio and value derivable from such projects e.g why should billions of naira be borrowed to upgrade an airport that could barely make returns of up to 1million naira per year undecided
3.Investigate the rationale for sinking borrowed fund into unviable airports.Is it with the plan to build-operate and transfer or new insight that can make the unviable airports become viable e.g what is the new development taking place in kaduna state that can improve traffic in kaduna airport if the airport is upgraded?
4.Find out all the conditions attached to the loan,saying 2% interest is just not enough,the costing and cost evaluation process is the key.Who did the costing to arrive at #106 billion naira.If the condition mandates the Chinese to do the cost evaluation,that clause should be reviewed.Independent project evaluators be brought in so we can avoid the corruption that surrounded the Abuja runway project.
5.The Chinese should not be given the exclusive monopoly for this project if at all,it is approved,the bid should be thrown open to other bidders!!
6.The contract should make it mandatory that registered Nigerian construction companies and professionals be given at least 40% of some of the jobs.
7.The office of the National Security Adviser should be involved,some exceptions should be made to design and operations of sensitive units of these airports and original documents of such designs be domiciled in Nigeria.
8.Subsequent foreign loan acquisition should be endorsed by at least two-thirds of the national assembly.A lid should be placed on these spurious loans.
9.The number of airports to be upgraded or rebuilt should be reduced.Funding should be directed at establishment of a standard aeronautical services centre in Nigeria.
10.EFCC should be called in to investigate all the financial records submitted to the national assembly because clearly,something is fishy!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by CyberG: 3:04am On Sep 08, 2012
onomeasike:

thank you sir.I just dont understand the reason why people who claim to have studied overseas,have a fairly impressive resume,like in the case of Stella Oduah-O,will now come to their fatherland and instead of using that education to liberate their people,will use their education to further pauperize the people.How on earth will a sane educated person drag his/her country into a bogus debt to finance white elephant and silly projects.That kind of education is clearly a waste.The national assembly who are the elected representatives must save us from the hands of these unpatriotic unelected elements.I recommend the investigate thoroughly the following;
1.How much of the tax payers money has already being expended in securing this loan.
2.What is the cost-benefit ratio and value derivable from such projects e.g why should billions of naira be borrowed to upgrade an airport that could barely make returns of up to 1million naira per year undecided
3.Investigate the rationale for sinking borrowed fund into unviable airports.Is it with the plan to build-operate and transfer or new insight that can make the unviable airports become viable e.g what is the new development taking place in kaduna state that can improve traffic in kaduna airport if the airport is upgraded?
4.Find out all the conditions attached to the loan,saying 2% interest is just not enough,the costing and cost evaluation process is the key.Who did the costing to arrive at #106 billion naira.If the condition mandates the Chinese to do the cost evaluation,that clause should be reviewed.Independent project evaluators be brought in so we can avoid the corruption that surrounded the Abuja runway project.
5.The Chinese should not be given the exclusive monopoly for this project if at all,it is approved,the bid should be thrown open to other bidders!!
6.The contract should make it mandatory that registered Nigerian construction companies and professionals be given at least 40% of some of the jobs.
7.The office of the National Security Adviser should be involved,some exceptions should be made to design and operations of sensitive units of these airports and original documents of such designs be domiciled in Nigeria.
8.Subsequent foreign loan acquisition should be endorsed by at least two-thirds of the national assembly.A lid should be placed on these spurious loans.
9.The number of airports to be upgraded or rebuilt should be reduced.Funding should be directed at establishment of a standard aeronautical services centre in Nigeria.
10.EFCC should be called in to investigate all the financial records submitted to the national assembly because clearly,something is fishy!

Guess what, you make a lot of SENSE. Even if everyone does not agree to all the 10 points you listed here but it would be a very strong position from which other issues could be addressed. I understand your point on keeping the design documents in Nigeria but you know the kind of leaders in Nigeria? Too stupid, they are the ones that place all our secrets at jeopardy to the outside world and we needed WikiLeaks to find out how the so called leaders sabotage and sell out the country at will. Most of Nigeria's leaders and people are too concerned about stealing or making a quick buck but NOT the long term implications for the country or coming generation. Sadly, it is a reflection of the type and quality of leaders Nigerians have now. To make matters worse, the current administration is led by a clueless man who cannot even appreciate the value of the intellectual property rights or "secrets" involved here. Things cannot change until Nigerians demand a radical change from the status quo and only elect leaders who truly care about the country and people and will have them on their toes for the entire period of their administration.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
the national assembly must save us from these unpatriotic elements before the chinese make a mockery of our soverignity.
@ modrator,if the announcement of the proposed bogus #106 billion loan made the front page,please,there is no reason that the call for investigating this chinese loan should not made the front page.Corruption thrives when things are made opaque,every patriotic Nigerian should resist attempt by unpatriotic elements to drag us into debt again albeit through a phoney contract for unviable airports.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
and still,the loan keep rising.The House of reps plenary starting next week tuesday must discuss these chinko debts with a view of stopping all these reckless borrowing,they are the ones we elected to protect our collecive interest not the anarchistic Sanusi Lamido,confused Okonjo-Iweala,degenerate oil cabals!!!It is plain madness for Okonjo-Iweala to use her first term as finance minister to preach against rising debt and working hard in her second coming as finance minister to mount up debts for coming generations of Nigerians.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by zakkyboy: 11:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
The Nigerian infrastructural deficit is so high. We need to give it all it takes to bring it to its righful place. That is why I support the effort of the Minister of Finance.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 12:57am On Oct 22, 2013
I OPENED THIS THREAD OVER A YEAR AGO .I KNEW THIS WOMAN IS A ROGUE
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:03am On Oct 22, 2013
she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi and has children.

This woman has been stealing govt money for a long time. Every day for the thief, one day for the owner of the house.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:09am On Oct 22, 2013
Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

She was trained to steal and wreck our common patrimony.This woman has never worked to earn legitimately all her life! !
What do you expect from anyone starting and ending her working career in NNPC and from her "salary" she could start an oil company. Haba!! Nigeria!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2013
Now some silly folks are bringing tribalism into it.
Her investigation shouldn't start from the inflated cost of armored bullet proof cars.Even this padded loan must be investigated!!! My children will not swallow garri for a loan Stella oduah claimed to have collected and looted in my lifetime.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:31am On Oct 22, 2013

NIGERIA
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
President

Date of Birth: 20/11/1957
Place of Birth: Bayelsa
Education: St Stephen’s Primary School, Otuoke, 1961-65; St Michael’s Primary School, Oloibiri, 1966-69; Mater Dei High School, Imiringi, 1971-75; BSc, Zoology, University of Port Harcourt, 1977-81; MSc, Hydrobiology, University of Port Harcourt, 1983-84; PhD, Zoology, University of Port Harcourt, 1987-95.
Career: Preventive Officer, Department of Customs and Exise, 1975-77; Science Inspector, Education, Rivers State Ministry of Education, Port Harcourt, 1982-83; Lecturer, Department of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt, 1983-93; Department of Environment Protection, Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (OMPADEC), 1993-98; Deputy Governor, Bayelsa State, 1999-2005; Governor, Bayelsa State, 2005-2007; Vice-President, Nigeria, 2007 to date, Acting President, Nigeria, February 2010 to date.

As at 1983, where was our president Goodluck Jonathan. This president should never have approved the insatiable appetite of Stella oduah.
How does one relate the background of Goodluck Jonathan and this silverspoon theif?
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 1:34am On Oct 22, 2013
As at 1983, Gej was just an ordinary Postgraduate student of biology while Stella Oduah was already a big fish stealing money in NNPC!!!
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 22, 2013
onomeasike: As at 1983, Gej was just an ordinary Postgraduate student of biology while Stella Oduah was already a big fish stealing money in NNPC!!!

Chai! See levels oh. That means Stella could have paid GEJ's tuition at the time. grin
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by onomeasike: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2013
While Stella was already using Mercedes Benz; Goodluck Jonathan was using 'legedes' Benz
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by Mynd44: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2013
It is worrying that these issues have been pending since last year.
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by cjrane: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2013
suleiman16: ASUU STRIKE | Okonjo-Iweala
Attack Nigeria Mosques.
===============
=============== =======
"Nigerian Mosques Now 'Camp
Base' for ASUU Activities" ~
Okonjo Iweala
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala has accused the
Muslims of using their places of
Worship as a 'Camp Base' for
ASUU to carry out their illegal
activities.
In a statement yesterday, the
Coordinating Minister of Economy
and Minister of Finance said, the
Muslim Mosques are now center
for publication and distribition of
pamphlets and flyers with abusive
and inflammatory messages
against her person.
Reacting to the Minister's
accusation, some Muslims has
challenge the Minister to name the
Mosques that are now being use
as 'Camp Base' for ASUU activities.

[size=18pt]Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the next Igbo Minister on yorubas' list if

they succeed in their attack to get Princess Stella Oduah to resign.
[/size]
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by ballabriggs: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Prophet Onome, I greet you. May your days be long. May your okpekesis always remember your walking stick.

Walk and never stumble. Nwannemus you are jah.

1 Like

Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by cjrane: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
If Princess Oduah were FFK type, she would not have remodelled any airport in Nigeria or at best would have stopped at the exquisite re-modelling of the airports in the country going on.

But no, she is determined to make Nigeria's airports one of the best in the world.To put Nigeria on the world map,in spite of the limited resources at her disposal. Thus, the new international terminals being built.

The cost of remodelling Phuket airport in Thailand is more than $600 million dollars! Yet it still looks like shyt! Meanwhile behold the midas touch given to our Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos by our Princess Stella Oduah !!! Enemies of progress always playing tribalism to ruin any good work or any attempt to develop Nigeria by trying to tarnish the image of our achieving minister should please go and hug a transformer! We are marching on!

Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
^^^
So because the Thai allowed themselves to be scammed means we should? We are fighting corruption here and that's what this is about.

Should we turn a blind eye to financial misappropriation because she modified the airports?

What kind of precedence are you setting for the future generation
Re: ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! by cjrane: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^^
So because the Thai allowed themselves to be scammed means we should? We are fighting corruption here and that's what this is about.

Should we turn a blind eye to financial misappropriation because she modified the airports?

What kind of precedence are you setting for the future generation

[size=14pt]C'mon stop pretending!
You must think you are talking to a kid!

If she corruptly enriched herself with aviation ministry funds, why don't you allow the EFCC to investigate her and pronounce her guilty of corrupt enrichment? You have jumped to the conclusion that she is corrupt without investigations because of two reasons;

1. She is one of the IGBO Ministers that are targeted for elimination by Yoruba men

2. She had the guts to make Enugu International which yoruba think might affect Lagos traffic!

GASKIA!!!
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr President's Friend Has A Business Card? / BREAKING NEWS- Boko Haram Guns Down Five Persons Playing Cards In Gombe / Daylight Robber Caught, Beaten, Till He Bleeds In Delta State (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.