Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Da Language Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Da Language Of Love (937 Views)

A Moment Of Love / Abortion: Now A Proof Of Love? / What is the Colour of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 8:06am On Sep 08, 2012
Information is power! To him that is informed, there is no end to his exploits. In romantic relationships, understanding between partners is crucial for an unending sparkle wink. Understanding is as a result θf communication and effective communication in this regard is a function θf learning the art θf speaking the language θf love! Your partner's love language.

I bring you the four basic languages θf love.

Words θf affirmation
Quality time
Gifts
Acts θf Service

Words θf affirmation: as it suggests, are words spoken to express and affirm your heartfelt emotions to your partner. They are the sweet nothings that makes your partner tick. Most often, we hear that ladies are moved by what they hear. How true is that? Well that is because this is the love language θf most ladies. People whose love language fall into this category mostly feel loved when they constantly hear affectionate words from their loved ones. An sms every now and then, a love note slipped in his/her wallet, pocket or purse and some whispering into the ear in public gathering when they least expect would guarantee you a permanent space in their hearts.

Quality time: a partner whose love language falls under this category would love the "you and me" time. You would most often here this person say, if he loves you, he would always spend some quality time with you. Well, that is the language θf love she understands.

Gifts: this person believes that loving is mostly about giving. That popular saying, "no romance without finance", was most likely invented by the person whose love language is gifts. We know that gifts could be monetary or material items. A gift is something you get for someone that reveals that you were actually thinking θf them when you got it. I recall a thread on NL that talked about the different ways to say I love you. There was a couple who shared that the lady bought a coffee maker for her boo and that was an expression θf the powerful three letter words to him.

Acts θf service: this person feels that "someone who loves me should do stuff for me". Stuff like domestic chores cheesy. The guy would feel that the lady truly cares if she washes, cooks and cleans. Most African, more specifically Nigerian men fall under this category grin. Ladies under this category would want the man to help out with domestic chores rather than sit crosslegged in the living room, sipping bear and watching TV with a firm grip on the remote. Lol.

So, which categories on love languages do you connect with? Which is/are your partners? An understanding θf this will do well to reduce conflict. Also, you wouldn't waste so much time chasing a lady when you speak her language! Its like having the right key to a door, just slot in the key, turn and the door opens. You would also be less critical θf people's actions. No more would you consider a lady a gold digger because she responds to gifts! That is simply her love language! If it doesn't suit you, just look around for a lady whose primary love language resonates with yours.

Do have fun as you explore yours and your partner's LL.kiss
Re: Da Language Of Love by Mynd44: 8:09am On Sep 08, 2012
Almost nice
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 8:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Awww sweetiiee, this is almost the nicest thing I have seen you typed on NL. You are doing great.
Re: Da Language Of Love by Flashaldrin(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2012
Duuhh, can we ban copy and paste please??
Re: Da Language Of Love by Dondav(m): 8:54am On Sep 08, 2012
Thanks for the lecture. I will effect them as soon as I get a girlfriend.
Re: Da Language Of Love by Mynd44: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2012
Dondav: Thanks for the lecture. I will effect them as soon as I get a girlfriend.
Lol
Re: Da Language Of Love by gigz31: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2012
spicy v: Awww sweetiiee, this is almost the nicest thing I have seen you typed on NL. You are doing great.
..are you alright?
Re: Da Language Of Love by Flashaldrin(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2012
gigz31: ..are you alright?
i wanted to ask that too
Re: Da Language Of Love by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2012
I love this..!
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2012
Acidosis: I love this..!

wink wink
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2012
[/quote]

Flashaldrin: Duuhh, can we ban copy and paste please??

Hating has never improved your life, don't you think its time you rid yourself θf all the hate? Only if you desire a better life though. smiley
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2012
gigz31: ..are you alright?

Now, I am wondering how you could ever conceive this sort θf question when it is glaring that you need HELP.

Anywayz if my thread was devoid θf the likes θf you, I mean your company θf critics with no idea θf civility, it would only mean that this was no good job! cool So take a message to your team mates for me, keep it coming! wink
Re: Da Language Of Love by greatgod2012(f): 4:00am On Sep 09, 2012
well done my sister, these are d type of write-up we need in romance section;motivation, enlightment,encouragement,reminder,eye-opener.................
As 4 me,d love language i enjoy is quality time and i get it fully frm my hubby, he's a very wnderful man, u know,reading together, sitting dwn with me in d kitchen when and if he's free, gisting me,even in d church, they know us,we gist, infact, he gives it to me big time.
As for him, language of service, and i also give it to him big time, u know, its about understanding each other, i can do anything(legal and acceptable)4 him to make him happy, d same way he always make me happy.
Shalom!!!
Re: Da Language Of Love by Mynd44: 5:39am On Sep 09, 2012
spicy v:

Duuhh, can we ban copy and paste please??

Hating has never improved your life, don't you think its time you rid yourself θf all the hate? Only if you desire a better life though. smiley
But madam, admit it you are not the author of this and stop blowing air
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
greatgod2012: well done my sister, these are d type of write-up we need in romance section;motivation, enlightment,encouragement,reminder,eye-opener.................
As 4 me,d love language i enjoy is quality time and i get it fully frm my hubby, he's a very wnderful man, u know,reading together, sitting dwn with me in d kitchen when and if he's free, gisting me,even in d church, they know us,we gist, infact, he gives it to me big time.
As for him, language of service, and i also give it to him big time, u know, its about understanding each other, i can do anything(legal and acceptable)4 him to make him happy, d same way he always make me happy.
Shalom!!!

Wow, sounds like a great relationship you have. I love quality time too and acts θf service. Infact, I love them all lol, but I def speak quality time most and thankfully, my man and I share same.

Between you and me, I dig your style seeing that we have a lot θf dysfunctional minds on this section. Lol.
Re: Da Language Of Love by spicyv1(f): 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
But madam, admit it you are not the author of this and stop blowing air

Myndd, I know you are an insecure-attention seeking-bottom licking juvenile. But I never expected you to be completely daft!

H-e-l-l-O! How can I be the author θf love languages? I mean anyone with sense that is common knows that this is actually a review! The article is my work but a review θf an original content! Even authors θf non fictional books often base their work on an already documented information!

Please pay more attention to your books and stop wasting mummy and daddy's money! This is the last time I will squander my valued time on an empty gong like you!
Re: Da Language Of Love by Mynd44: 6:51am On Sep 10, 2012
More hot air ma'am. But you have admitted the truth and does that not feel great?

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your New Gf Tells U She Has Been Raped Before? / Do they still exist? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.