Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / * (5059 Views)

Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / Christians Why Do Muslims ‘expect No Criticism’ And Why Do You Aid And Abet Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

* by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Please I would like to hear something else other than 'because you will burn in hell if you die a Muslim'. I just want to know what benefits I stand to gain in this life if I decided to abandon Islam and become a Christian.
What makes Christianity more rewarding to me than Islam?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: * by Bella3(f): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
No one is asking u to be a christian. U can do whatever u like jus dont force it on others,
Re: * by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
Bélla3: No one is asking u to be a christian. U can do whatever u like jus dont force it on others,
I didn't say anybody is asking me to be anything or that I want to force anything on others, what is with the defensive attitude?
Besides how can you say no one is asking me to be a Christian? Isn't one of your duties as a Christian to bring unbelievers to the light? How will I become a Christian if I don't know what I stand to gain?
Re: * by okosodo: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
a christian will never kill you for not being a christian
Re: * by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
okosodo: a christian will never kill you for not being a christian

They used to until they were enlightened, ironic isnt it.

Lemme remind you:

1. Salem witch trial
2. Crusaders
Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey: Please I would like to hear something else other than 'because you will burn in hell if you die a Muslim'. I just want to know what benefits I stand to gain in this life if I decided to abandon Islam and become a Christian.
What makes Christianity more rewarding to me than Islam?
Thanks.
I'm not in the mood to begin a debating session beteeen christianity and islam.

Matthew 16:24. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

I you're not fully convinced on why you should become a christian, then remain where you are...christianity is mainly about service and sacrifice.

Therefore, if you're going into it for benefits, I'm afraid to tell you that you'll be disappointed.

I can't speak much on islam...maybe the islam brethren in the house can enlighten you more on the benefits of islam.
Re: * by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
okosodo: a christian will never kill you for not being a christian
I don't understand how this is a benefit. . .
Re: * by Areaboy2(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
I'm actually quite disappointed by the response of christians on this innocent request/question.

You guys can do better

1 Like

Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Area_boy: I'm actually quite disappointed by the response of christians on this innocent request/question.

You guys can do better
Maybe you should read my post then...if I may ask, what kind of answers were you looking foward to hearing?
Re: * by Bella3(f): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
CrazyMan:

Matthew 16:24. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

I you're not fully convinced on why you should become a christian, then remain where you are...christianity is mainly about service and sacrifice.

Therefore, if you're going into it for benefits, I'm afraid to tell you that you'll be disappointed.

I can't speak much on islam...maybe the islam brethren in the house can enlighten you more on the benefits of islam.
bles u! The thread was just for argument purpose
Re: * by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
CrazyMan:

[b]Matthew 16:24. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Please what does 'deny yourself' and 'take up your cross' mean? Does it connote hardship of some kind?
Secondly, you are saying that I must be fully convinced to be a Christian before I become one, for me to be fully convinced, I have to understand what improvements the religion will make in my life, how it will help me in ways Islam failed me.
Thirdly, you say that if I am going in for benefits then I would be disappointed. I take it you mean that there are absolutely no earthly benefits to my becoming a Christian. . . . . . I see.
Thank you for your input.
Re: * by okosodo: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

They used to until they were enlightened, ironic isnt it.

Lemme remind you:

1. Salem witch trial
2. Crusaders
you just contradicted urself
Re: * by Bella3(f): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey:
I don't understand how this is a benefit. . .
it is... Ever heard of free will?
E_monkey:
I didn't say anybody is asking me to be anything or that I want to force anything on others, what is with the defensive attitude?
Besides how can you say no one is asking me to be a Christian? Isn't one of your duties as a Christian to bring unbelievers to the light? How will I become a Christian if I don't know what I stand to gain?
you dnt want to, so dnt.
Re: * by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
Bélla3: bles u! The thread was just for argument purpose
What the hell is your problem? Get off this thread if you only came here to make useless comments the way you usually do on this section.
Re: * by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
Area_boy: I'm actually quite disappointed by the response of christians on this innocent request/question.

You guys can do better
I tire o! I even tried my darndest to make the original post peaceful yet people are already drawing swords and putting up needless defences.
Re: * by Bella3(f): 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey: What the hell is your problem? Get off this thread if you only came here to make useless comments the way you usually do on this section.
you are begining to show why u created this thread
Re: * by Bella3(f): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey:
I tire o! I even tried my darndest to make the original post peaceful yet people are already drawing swords and putting up needless defences.
Re: * by Bella3(f): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey:
so the post wasnt meant to be peaceful? U just had to try ur best?[b]
Re: * by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
Op, are you for real?
Re: * by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
^Sure
Re: * by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey: ^Sure
From the discussion so far you've turned the opposite.
Re: * by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
Reyginus: From the discussion so far you've turned the opposite.
How? angry
Look if you don't want to answer the question then say so instead of making false accusations against me.
Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey:
No one is drawing any sword...we're all here for peace.
Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
E_monkey:
Please what does 'deny yourself' and 'take up your cross' mean? Does it connote hardship of some kind?
Not necessarily hardship...denying yourself means to forsake the things of the world.

I don't need to begin to explain the things of the world here, cos I believe you know them.

E_monkey: Secondly, you are saying that I must be fully convinced to be a Christian before I become one, for me to be fully convinced, I have to understand what improvements the religion will make in my life, how it will help me in ways Islam failed me.
I would recommend that you read your scriptures...like I stated earlier, I'm not in the mood for a debating session about islam.

If you must come to christianity, come because you feel the urge to try something new. And not because you feel its better than islam.

E_monkey:
Thirdly, you say that if I am going in for benefits then I would be disappointed. I take it you mean that there are absolutely no earthly benefits to my becoming a Christian. . . . . . I see.
Thank you for your input.
That's not true...I don't believe that poverty can be likened to christianity because Jesus wasn't poor. He had a personal treasurer (Judas). Even during his death, his garment was so expensive that his killers had to gamble for it.

So if your master wasn't poor, then you have no reason to suffer.
Re: * by mkmyers45(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Bélla3: it is... Ever heard of free will? you dnt want to, so dnt.
What is free will? Its in the bible?
Re: * by 2good(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2012
Please I would like to hear something else other than 'because you will burn in hell if you die a Christian'. I just want to know what benefits I stand to gain in this life if I decided to abandon Christianity and become a Muslim.
What makes Islam more rewarding to me than Christianity?
Thanks.
Re: * by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2012
CrazyMan:
Not necessarily hardship...denying yourself means to forsake the things of the world.

What things? Money? Sëx? Position?
CrazyMan:

I don't need to begin to explain the things of the world here, cos I believe you know them.

I really wish you'd shed the paranoia. I don't know specifically what things of the world you are talking about, do you mean that I shouldn't pursue anything worldly at all?

CrazyMan:

I would recommend that you read your scriptures...like I stated earlier, I'm not in the mood for a debating session about islam.

If you must come to christianity, come because you feel the urge to try something new. And not because you feel its better than islam.

The truth is that I am not here to debate anything either. I just ask questions after reading your comments to understand you better.
@bold, I don't think something like religion should be undertaken for such a simple reason. I mean its the worship of God we are talking about here.

CrazyMan:

That's not true...I don't believe that poverty can be likened to christianity because Jesus wasn't poor. He had a personal treasurer (Judas). Even during his death, his garment was so expensive that his killers had to gamble for it.

So if your master wasn't poor, then you have no reason to suffer.
Ok, so wealth shouldn't be regarded as a thing of the world then.
Thank you Crazyman, for your replies.
Re: * by LagosShia: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2012
@OP

Sorry to disappoint you but you aren't going to get any answer from these people.the christians are already pissing in their pants.you can feel them shaking while they type.this is going to go on for many pages and you'd end up with no answer from them.you're going to have a similar thread to mine here:

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!"

https://www.nairaland.com/847520/lagosshia-embrace-christianity-two-little
Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2012
E_monkey:
What things? Money? Sëx? Position?

I really wish you'd shed the paranoia. I don't know specifically what things of the world you are talking about, do you mean that I shouldn't pursue anything worldly at all?
Galatians 5:19-21.  The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

That's what christ wants you to deny, if you choose to follow him.

You should know that christianity isn't slavery as most people think...you can aspire for top positions, become a billionaire, ride flashy cars, live in exotic houses etc...

The reason why people see christianity as punishment is because they lack proper understanding of the scriptures, and they also have evil intentions towards life.

If I may ask, is it difficult to acquire a B.sc, get a good job, hustle for genuine contracts, and live comfortable when your plans succeed?

When you begin reaping the fruit of your labour, does your exotic and luxury lifestyle sound like sin to you?

What christ is simply telling us is that though we're in the world, we shouldn't be like the world. Work hard and make genuine money, then spend it responsibly...that's all.

E_monkey:
@bold, I don't think something like religion should be undertaken for such a simple reason. I mean its the worship of God we are talking about here.
I'm not much grounded in islam so it would be useless trying to compare it with christianity...I might end up confusing us both.

E_monkey: Ok, so wealth shouldn't be regarded as a thing of the world then.
I never said that...Wealth becomes a thing of the world when you acquire it illegally.

E_monkey:
Thank you Crazyman, for your replies.
You're welcomed.
Re: * by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2012
@LagosShia, thanks for the link, will take a look at it.

CrazyMan:
Galatians 5:19-21.  The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. [/b]

That's what christ wants you to deny, if you choose to follow him.

I understand better now. However, these are things that Muslims are supposed to avoid and so I would basically be avoiding the same things in that respect to what you mentioned, if I was a Christian.
Cheers.

Re: * by LagosShia: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2012
E_monkey: @LagosShia, thanks for the link, will take a look at it.

You're welcome!
Re: * by CrazyMan(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2012
E_monkey: I understand better now. However, these are things that Muslims are supposed to avoid and so I would basically be avoiding the same things in that respect to what you mentioned, if I was a Christian.
Cheers.
You now see that christianity isn't as complicated as it seems...because you have the bible to guide every mile of the way.

The bolded word...are you already planing to give up your pursuit of christianity? Thought you said earlier that you want to become a christian?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baptism Does Not Wash Away Sin / Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. / Can God Resurrect A Beheaded Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.