Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Second Coming In Nigeria. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming In Nigeria. (1831 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
I believe in the second coming. A change is coming.

My version of the second coming in Nigeria would be one man (or woman) backed by his peers in the revolution that is to come in Nigeria. This man (or woman) would be a Nigerian in diaspora. He or she would be an eclectic as he would learn from the successes and differences of various cultures around the world. His/her experience and intelligence would be used to inspire many to a silent revolution. This chosen one would be an irreligious person who uses logic and advanced strategies to undermine the dictatorial hold of religion and government on the masses.

Nigeria is not a country where people are ready to sacrifice themselves like the Arab uprising. A silent revolution is both practical and needed. Violence is not the way. A silent revolution is started with both information and discretion. Educating the masses without the government or religious overlords knowing who or what is informing the people about the injustice, corruption and evil that those in power do.

Unlike Jesus, the chosen one will not perform miracles but execute efficient strategies. Unlike Muhammad, he/she will not dominate through war but conquer with information on with the support of his peers. Unlike Moses, he/she will not rely on a spiritual being to lead his people to freedom, he/she would rely on both the wisdom and humanity of people including himself.

This chosen one could be one, he could be many. He could be you, he could be me, he could be you. I do not know who it is but I know that he is coming. I will lay the groundwork for this chosen one whether it would be me or many others. The question now becomes are you ready for a change or are you sitting down in your house worrying about hiding your irreligiousity? Why not educate those who are willing to be educated? Why not expose others to the horrors of religious and dictatorial controls on the masses? Why not use the anonymity and reach of internet to spread the truth? Why wait for others to do what you can do? time and change await no man.

I will lay the groundwork for the change. If Nigeria will not change in my generation, I will put the foundations for change so that my children can easily do it.

The most influential people in the world were people with revolutionary ideas that were non violent. Einstein did not use a gun to spread his theories around the world. Bill gates did not force tithes on people before giving the whole world windows. computers and technology have spread around the globe far more than the books of religion or the messages of Muahmamad/Bhudda/Jesus/Moses.

After writing all the above, I am going to start a blog. An atheist blog highlighting many problems in Nigeria both socio-political and religious. I will do my own part. Those who have the resources to educate young jobless men in their areas (towns,cities, villages) should do it. Those who have the money fund proper atheist/humanist organisations in Nigeria should do it. Use your resources for a better tomorrow.

A wise saying by Jay-z

"Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther King could walk. Martin Luther King walked so Obama could run. Obama ran so we can all fly."

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
mr man do u think only aethist are intrested in the future of nigeria i am christian but yet i believe in wat u ar saying pls do not make dis a one sided thing.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
dj militant: mr man do u think only aethist are intrested in the future of nigeria i am christian but yet i believe in wat u ar saying pls do not make dis a one sided thing.

Of course, christians want Nigeria to be better as well. However, they are part of the problem!

a) God is not going to do anything. It is man that can bring change, not the dead or spirits.
b) Christianity/religion is used to keep the poor in place. The poor believe that htere is a btter life after death and so they are less likely to fight for a btter life on earth when life becomes too difficult. The bible also tells people to respect leaders because the leaders are divinely chosen. It ensures slavery of the masses.
c) Churches are sucking the poor dry through tithes and offerings only for bishops and MOGs to live comfortable lives. The propaganda of christian charity is then used to block criticism of this embezzlement.

I can only respect a skeptic christian. A skeptic christian will keep god out of the laws of the land. A skeptic christian will follow his beliefs but stopping at the limit of going beyond the rights of others' religious freedoms

3 Likes

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
am not much of a sceptical christian but do u knw dat the problems is not even abt entirely abt enternal life in heaven generaly about our collectivesnes to work 2geder as a people and can we trust one anoder, are we wiln to help each other .
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
That's a nice dream you've got there, MacD. Are you prepared for resistance from every mog and member of cabals? Are you prepared for witch-hunts? Are you prepared for damage of property? Are you prepared for threats to your life? Are you prepared to die?
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
SimonAndal: That's a nice dream you've got there, MacD. Are you prepared for resistance from every mog and member of cabals? Are you prepared for witch-hunts? Are you prepared for damage of property? Are you prepared for threats to your life? Are you prepared to die?

How can they attack what they can not see? Do you know my real name? No, but my articles have changed a lot of people's religious thinking.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
SimonAndal: That's a nice dream you've got there, MacD. Are you prepared for resistance from every mog and member of cabals? Are you prepared for witch-hunts? Are you prepared for damage of property? Are you prepared for threats to your life? Are you prepared to die?
I found the bolded very funny, dunno why. But seriously OP, SimonAndal's questions are valid. Consider them.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
dj militant: am not much of a sceptical christian but do u knw dat the problems is not even abt entirely abt enternal life in heaven generaly about our collectivesnes to work 2geder as a people and can we trust one anoder, are we wiln to help each other .

I dont mind working with a christian that is ready to use his or her brains.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
E_monkey:
I found the bolded very funny, dunno why. But seriously OP, SimonAndal's questions are valid. Consider them.

MacDaddy01:

How can they attack what they can not see? Do you know my real name? No, but my articles have changed a lot of people's religious thinking.

MacDaddy01:
Nigeria is not a country where people are ready to sacrifice themselves like the Arab uprising. A silent revolution is both practical and needed. Violence is not the way. A silent revolution is started with both information and discretion. Educating the masses without the government or religious overlords knowing who or what is informing the people about the injustice, corruption and evil that those in power do.

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
cool
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Una harsh ooooo! angry

I thought this was going to be another epic thread like the logicboy effect.

Kai, them fall my hand!
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01: Una harsh ooooo! angry

I thought this was going to be another epic thread like the logicboy effect.

Kai, them fall my hand!
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Bella3(f): 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eyaa no body is supporting u. Oya make i comment.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Kay17: 11:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
I'm suspicious of saviours and heroes, they tend to "keep the danger safe"
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I dont mind working with a christian that is ready to use his or her brains.

Also as long as they don't keep quoting from the bible whenever they get into a tight corner. People should be creative and not hide under religion.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=MacDaddy01][/quote]

The second coming is very near indeed. I myself foresee a true messiah coming to bail Nigeria out of her misery. A person with vision who will not only win the heart of Nigerians,but refresh her our ways of thinking.

No disrespect to Goodluck Jonathan,but it is obvious he hasn't got what it takes,in fact he is part of the old wine waiting to be thrown into the trash can

Nigeria needs a lot of patriotic free thinkers who will go at any length to secure a bright future for the next generation without war and bloodshed.

I hope some day we shall be free from religion,mental slavery,corruption,manipulation etc...Its possible.

I know someday,rather than wait in pain and vain for a God in the sky , we will instead build rockets like the Americans to visit other planets and universes.

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 5:14am On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

The second coming is very near indeed. I myself foresee a true messiah coming to bail Nigeria out of her misery. A person with vision who will not only win the heart of Nigerians,but refresh her our ways of thinking.

No disrespect to Goodluck Jonathan,but it is obvious he hasn't got what it takes,in fact he is part of the old wine waiting to be thrown into the trash can

Nigeria needs a lot of patriotic free thinkers who will go at any length to secure a bright future for the next generation without war and bloodshed.

I hope some day we shall be free from religion,mental slavery,corruption,manipulation etc...Its possible.

I know someday,rather than wait in pain and vain for a God in the sky , we will instead build rockets like the Americans to visit other planets and universes.

Nice

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by ijawkid(m): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

We are waiting for u to come and rule....

But ready to join ogboni 1st....lol.....

Satan rules d world.....all ya plans will end up being the wish of satan and his demons....

@macdaddy.....come and be president of 9ja na....u dey fear?
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Satan rules d world.....all ya plans will end up being the wish of satan and his demons....

You need to stop creating negative energies and mindset. Education doesn't really guarantee enlightenment,it comes from within. What you saying is really absurd. The fact that negative minded people are in power doesn't mean they will be there for ever!

I don't believe Satan rules the world,but negative minded people like you do. Rather than dream of the new earth promised to you in the bible, why not be a part of the change that will eventually happen. Africa will soon experience the rise like a phoenix from the ashes
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by ijawkid(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

You need to stop creating negative energies and mindset. Education doesn't really guarantee enlightenment,it comes from within. What you saying is really absurd. The fact that negative minded people are in power doesn't mean they will be there for ever!

I don't believe Satan rules the world,but negative minded people like you do. Rather than dream of the new earth promised to you in the bible, why not be a part of the change that will eventually happen. Africa will soon experience the rise like a phoenix from the ashes

I'm doing my part already to make 9ja a good place........I'm law abiding and I help my neighbours...

But I just told u a real fact...wether u got good intentions for 9ja or not,to rule this country u must be part of the ogboni frat....

Got it??

If not u'll be killed nigga....
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Smh....
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by ijawkid(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto:
Smh....

Na lie I talk??lol
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm doing my part already to make 9ja a good place........I'm law abiding and I help my neighbours...

But I just told u a real fact...wether u got good intentions for 9ja or not,to rule this country u must be part of the ogboni frat....

Got it??

If not u'll be killed nigga....

That is a reality you have created for yourself. In my own world,they will all evaporate with time
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

That is a reality you have created for yourself. In my own world,they will all evaporate with time

Dont mind Ijawkid, he has a limited brain. I am doing my best to educate him
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Dont mind Ijawkid, he has a limited brain. I am doing my best to educate him

Ha ha smiley I guess he was joking.

To be honest,i dont see anyone in Nigeria,who grew up in the system capable of helping Nigeria move forward. The right person as you said probably resides in diaspora.

Can you imagine a Nigeria that no longer relying on crude oil to survive,a case whereby our graduates can actually build cars and export them like our vastly growing music industry. A case where we stopped relying on government funds. Every state being be self sufficient,youth building railways that links the whole country together(even underground if possible) School curriculum adjusted and religious studies thrown out of the window. A case where our 10 years old citizens are already computer gurus,Police actually protecting and friendly to the citizens. Electricity constant for ever...
Accountability in government offices,people obeying the rule of law. ETC Wont that be better than the heaven promised to the Christians and Muslims?

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
ifeness:

Ha ha smiley I guess he was joking.

To be honest,i dont see anyone in Nigeria,who grew up in the system capable of helping Nigeria move forward. The right person as you said probably resides in diaspora.

Can you imagine a Nigeria that no longer relying on crude oil to survive,a case whereby our graduates can actually build cars and export them like our vastly growing music industry. A case where we stopped relying on government funds. Every state being be self sufficient,youth building railways that links the whole country together(even underground if possible) School curriculum adjusted and religious studies thrown out of the window. A case where our 10 years old citizens are already computer gurus,Police actually protecting and friendly to the citizens. Electricity constant for ever...
Accountability in government offices,people obeying the rule of law. ETC Wont that be better than the heaven promised to the Christians and Muslims?

That would be 100 times better than waiting around for a sky daddy to take you to heaven

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 12, 2012
Probably why you're sitting on your backside spending daddy's money seeking cheap Internet popularity while children of God build up the land. When the work's done, in comes MacDaddy to claim the reward. grin

Dude, at least read your books first and get basic education so that you can build some useful skill. As it is right now, if you build rockets, they'll explode trying to take off.........if they start at all, that is grin
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 5:15am On Sep 12, 2012
Ihedinobi: Probably why you're sitting on your backside spending daddy's money seeking cheap Internet popularity while children of God build up the land. When the work's done, in comes MacDaddy to claim the reward. grin

Dude, at least read your books first and get basic education so that you can build some useful skill. As it is right now, if you build rockets, they'll explode trying to take off.........if they start at all, that is grin

Nigeria has the biggest church in Africa. Not the biggest bridge and not the best roads or the biggest library.

Religion is not the way forward. The children of god are not building up the nation. Shut up

4 Likes

Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2012
Ihedinobi: Probably why you're sitting on your backside spending daddy's money seeking cheap Internet popularity while children of God build up the land. When the work's done, in comes MacDaddy to claim the reward. grin

I have never spent daddy's money in my entire life.I am happy to say i went through the hardship every Nigerian Child-Adult went through,i do not have a single story like you . Call it religion, i have seen and done it all. I am privileged to realize how odd and deceiving the christian doctrine is. Well,it could be seen as the only escape of Christians in the sense that they are promised a better place. But how can you be a good parent to your kids if you yourself lack vision, you don't mind them joining you on the boat of ignorance

If you say i am dreaming,i would advice every Nigerian to dream big cos it does pay off. I hope you join us someday and see that we can all create a better world,even better than the heaven you have been waiting for!!!

Concerning reading books,i do not read book,especially the ones written by men. I may have read some,but i do not study them everyday like some people do. My DNA has got an unlimited storage capacity(i hope you understood what i meant)

Lastly, if you payed more attention to MacDaddy01 and a few others on this site,it would do you a lot of good smiley Common sense is very cheap,not necessarily written in books.
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
ifeness:

I have never spent daddy's money in my entire life.I am happy to say i went through the hardship every Nigerian Child-Adult went through,i do not have a single story like you . Call it religion, i have seen and done it all. I am privileged to realize how odd and deceiving the christian doctrine is. Well,it could be seen as the only escape of Christians in the sense that they are promised a better place. But how can you be a good parent to your kids if you yourself lack vision, you don't mind them joining you on the boat of ignorance

If you say i am dreaming,i would advice every Nigerian to dream big cos it does pay off. I hope you join us someday and see that we can all create a better world,even better than the heaven you have been waiting for!!!

Concerning reading books,i do not read book,especially the ones written by men. I may have read some,but i do not study them everyday like some people do. My DNA has got an unlimited storage capacity(i hope you understood what i meant)

Lastly, if you payed more attention to MacDaddy01 and a few others on this site,it would do you a lot of good smiley Common sense is very cheap,not necessarily written in books.

Sorry, but seriously, what are you on about?
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Nigeria has the biggest church in Africa. Not the biggest bridge and not the best roads or the biggest library.

Religion is not the way forward. The children of god are not building up the nation. Shut up

grin grin ........."mommy, I WANT ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!"......... grin grin

Go read your senior secondary biology, and math.........oh and english as well. Don't bother with physics or chemistry. Your brain'll probably implode if you do grin grin
Re: The Second Coming In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sorry, but seriously, what are you on about?

You live in a third world country,i hope you know that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visions Of Multiple Strange Lunar/solar Round Objects Appearing In The Sky. / Bible Secrets About Pentecostal Churches / On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.