Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project (24596 Views)

Let Us Design Your Next Building Project / A Nairanlander Building Project / Why Soil Investigation Is Necessary For Your Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Delafruita(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2016
HomeOfMe:
4million for doing a foundation alone? This is scary! I have a plot in ikorodu,that means I would neetd such amount to start a foundation.
thats a raft foundation so it will cost that much especially since its planned as a storey building. There is no one size fits all pattern for building. Ikorodu is more uphill so depending on your own location, you wont need up to that
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by HomeOfMe(f): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Delafruita:
thats a raft foundation so it will cost that much especially since its planned as a storey building. There is no one size fits all pattern for building. Ikorodu is more uphill so depending on your own location, you wont need up to that
OK
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by WebSurfer(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2016
i noticed the cost/quantity of woods used at the decking process was not included, but anyway, was that included in the total decking cost ?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Gasout(m): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2016
A good project. I wish to build my own house next year too. Amen
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by erico2k2(m): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:

My oga,
Thanks. Yes, it's been a while. Was involved in other 'critical projects' and had to sacrifice something for something.

A duplex, 1 storey building in front with guest lounge, ensuite guest room, visitor's toilet, dining room, living room, pantry and kitchen on the lower floor. A family living room, 1 ensuite master bedroom, 2 ensuite bedrooms and an office on the upper floor.

Adjoining the duplex is a 3 bedroom flat on both the ground floor and upper floor.

The design is with the intention of having a two 3 bedroom flats connected wall to wall to a 4 bedroom duplex.

I will have a plan uploaded when opportuned
This what I had but manged to squeeze in a one bed flat in the middle and reduce the 3 bed to 2, we need to max the rental value , me I just adop Ijebuness into me No offenceeee grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Silumi(f): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Tnks for this inventory of ur building activity i just aquired a land to and i wud also like to start up a project, mine being a student accommodation but d price of ur foundation is scary pls tell me will it b d same for a simple repeating foundation for a student lodge. Tnks
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by LOGICALKEN: 11:12am On Apr 18, 2016
GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS MY HUSTLES
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by paix(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Congrats, but OP, is it DAIRY or DIARY?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Boyoski09: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
paix:
Congrats, but OP, is it DAIRY or DIARY?
ur mates dey find money to build house na person mistake u dey find... kwantinue

4 Likes

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by paix(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
Boyoski09:
ur mates dey find money to build house na person mistake u dey find... kwantinue
Just wanted to be sure, we're here to learn as well and not to look at pictures only.

2 Likes

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf The good Good that I serve will give you all the ability and resources to complete this your building project. Amen. Thanks for the step by step picture update I learnt a lot.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf The good God that I serve will give you all the ability and resources to complete this your building project. Amen. Thanks for the step by step picture update I learnt a lot.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
emmanuelajayi:
Hope you know you will fill the compound to the height of the building before doing your flooring. Just telling you so u don't freak out when u think u r done with the project.

Oh yes... I have actually been doing that slowly. At the moment, I have enough filling to meet the need of my site. As you might know, I still have to fill about 4 inch. thick granite dust before laying the interlock.

Thanks anyways
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by PRODUTIM1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Congrats Op, may God gives you strength 2 complete this project.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
WebSurfer:
i noticed the cost/quantity of woods used at the decking process was not included, but anyway, was that included in the total decking cost ?

I negotiated with the Carpenter. He reused planks from another site. To answer your question, yes, all inclusive.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by WebSurfer(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:

I negotiated with the Carpenter. He reused planks from another site. To answer your question, yes, all inclusive.
that was a smart one sir. But hope it didnt interfere with the smooth/orderliness in the job ?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Silumi:
Tnks for this inventory of ur building activity i just aquired a land to and i wud also like to start up a project, mine being a student accommodation but d price of ur foundation is scary pls tell me will it b d same for a simple repeating foundation for a student lodge. Tnks

The cost of foundation is dependent on several factors sir. Soil type, the intended structure, taste/quality, the level of the German floor compared to the environment. I have seen foundation costing less than #1.5m for the same size and another costing almost double what I spent.

Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
WebSurfer:
that was a smart one sir. But hope it didnt interfere with the smooth/orderliness in the job ?

That's the cost. Overall, it was marginally alright. That's what I did anyways.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Engineermbugame(m): 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Remain plumbing installation,quess is surface installation.cause u already completed de building
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
Engineermbugame:
Remain plumbing installation,quess is surface installation.cause u already completed de building

No... the plumbing has already been done and it is buried (superficial). The issue was that I got too carried away to take record and report same on this thread.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Engineermbugame(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
edshaf:

No... the plumbing has already been done and it is buried (superficial). The issue was that I got too carried away to take record and report same on this thread.
k brother
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by danny34(m): 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
Beautiful house I must say.....
Need quality painting for your building? we are one call away...
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by olumyde5(m): 12:10am On Apr 19, 2016
More grease to your elbow bro
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2016
Sorry please, must we do the DpK or German floor for all stores buildings?

Can't one just start building a storey building without German floor?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Anion(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Edshaf well done, it's not easy.
Pls what's the roof dimension in square metres?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2016
Anion:
Edshaf well done, it's not easy.
Pls what's the roof dimension in square metres?

460 sqmtrs.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2016
DrWise:

Dr Wise, I am not exactly a professional. I can ask my Engineer - but you are better off asking other nairalanders... like spyder880.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2016
DrWise:

It's good practice that you do it.more advantage of doing it than not doing it.

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by topaaz(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
edshaf:

Dr Wise, I am not exactly a professional. I can ask my Engineer - but you are better off asking other nairalanders... like spyder880.
I'm happy for you sir. I offer cleaning services, I can bring out the beauty in that house. 08123198896

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by FADEO: 5:10am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice knowledge sharing and transfer.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Exterior views... sorry for the poor quality.

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2016
Parlor, Kitchen, Family lounge and Tenant's living room POP designs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Computer Village Ikeja On Fire! / Prices Of Land In Lekki Increase By 500% In Just Five Years / Three-Storey Building Being Demolished Kills A Woman In Abia (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.