Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 (8697 Views)

Andy Murray Wins Great Britain's First Grand Slam In 76 Years; Defeats Djokovich / Tennis US Open 2012.. / Andy Murray Defeats Roger Federer To Win Olympic Tennis Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:27am On Sep 11, 2012
Congrats man
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by alaoeri: 6:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Watching it on ESPN yesternight its was like this must not loose, anyway really happy for him for breaking the 76years jinx. First its was gold medal in olympics & now a grand slam hope he 'll maintain the tempo.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by lynkyinka(m): 6:45am On Sep 11, 2012
Its so unbeleivable...ANDY actually won a Major after 5 attempts emulating his Coach Lendi to perform dis feat, such a proud year 4 British sport but 4 dere EUros performance
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by offshoreking: 6:48am On Sep 11, 2012
Andy, this is ur time to shine. Grab it and do to them what they did to u. I love t now.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2012
I now called 'Him The Golden Boy of Britain' you can just but imaqine so many names and Honour British people would give award him-trust them nah
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2012
Victory at last, am so happy for him. Congratulation
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Aifey(m): 7:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Nw we will see d british braggin media. They will intervie his mother, father, sister n even his pet dog n tel d world he is d greatest of all times. BBC n Aljazeera will hav special interview on his village. They are good in paintin other people black with ther media. Hav u ever seen Husain Bolts, rafa nadal n Djokovic parents on screen b4?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Terye(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2012
9ce 1 fwom Andy! He kept his nerves and emotions! He take every points as it comes! Use his grand strokes well and finish the points very gud too! Bt i tink if NOVAK should av played wit more intensity in d second set! He would av gained some momentum in the 3rd and 4th! Bt takin nutin away from Andy! He was brilliant yesta9yt! Bravo!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by latino91(m): 7:19am On Sep 11, 2012
FINALLY!! D Jinx is broken! Go MURRAY!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by sdiq: 7:21am On Sep 11, 2012
OMO ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT NAIJA PEEPS IS HOW THEY QUICKLY JOIN THE WINNING TEAM, HOW I WICH NAIJA IS A BETTER PLACE WHERE EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WE WILL BE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Alaafialoro(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2012
KingMEXX: haba, i wish it ws Federer dat won it, seriously dat man is good and talented. Anyways, congrats to D 'British Dream' Murray afta many yrs of waitin, Congrats
Federer ke? I like federer but winning a grandslam is long overdue for murray..anyway,congrats to andy murray.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2012
jamp:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much

Is this a joke or what? Did Roger pulled out as well? Has Andy not beaten Nadal before? Has Novak not beaten Nadal before?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by realsammie(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2012
now sky sport will not have any news again except andy andy andy.... though he deserve it . i always call him the sleeping giant.

NADAL ALL THE WAY.......
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by apoti(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2012
kosalabaro: All thanks should go to Rafael "Rafa" Nadal! that's the truth! Well, well, well, ourso-called "invincible" Novak Djokovic is fast becoming a BUM these days - his winning days seem to be over!

jamp:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much

Abegi you guys should stop this 'thanking Nadal' Rubbish. Nadal has played in every US open for the last 7 years and has only won once. He is not the defending champion, he is not currently World No 1. So what made you think he would win, if he didn't pull out. I'm sure you would have said the same if it was Novak or Roger that pulled out.
Murray deserves the win and let us give him credit for his hard work. And mind you Roger, Novak and Rafa all won their first grand slam against an opponent that has never won a grand slam before. Murray wins his first against the defending champion, who has won 5 grand slams.

Murray rocks cool

2 Likes

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by omodapson(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2012
Victory at last for the British!

In a very long while, the 4 top prize of tennis was equally shared among the top 4. Great!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by ochukoccna: 7:50am On Sep 11, 2012
Great one Andy wink wink
Couldn't stay up during the midnight hours to watch you bask in your finest hour yet smiley smiley
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by swoosh(m): 7:53am On Sep 11, 2012
Great news. He was quite determined despite all the disappointments and its victory at last. Im so happy for him
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by ochukoccna: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2012
realsammie: now sky sport will not have any news again except andy andy andy....
grin grin grin
Trust British press to go over hyping the poor chap
Recall a certain David Beckham na! undecided undecided
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by andyanders: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2012
He worked hard and it has paid off. Good work Murray.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by safarigirl(f): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2012
This win was long overdue for Murray, one can imagine how frustrated he might have been coming so close all the time, at a point I even pitied the guy. This year is his, one Olympic Gold and US Open in the bag, that Wimbledon will definitely come to daddy.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2012
sdiq: OMO ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT NAIJA PEEPS IS HOW THEY QUICKLY JOIN THE WINNING TEAM, HOW I WICH NAIJA IS A BETTER PLACE WHERE EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WE WILL BE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

That is alot of wishes grin grin
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by safarigirl(f): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2012
I'm not psyched up bout tennis, but men I wanted him to win something big finally! This win was long overdue for Murray, one can imagine how frustrated he might have been coming so close all the time, at a point I even pitied the guy. This year is his, one Olympic Gold and US Open in the bag, that Wimbledon will definitely come to daddy.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by ABsI1: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2012
Fantastic.what a TESTIMONY.What you lost@your backyard weeping along, the Lord has RESTORED to you.1st with an Olympic Gold@that same backyard of yours&now with dis Slam Gold by the Hands of The Most High moving you forward into the frontyard in the U.S. WHAT a DOUBLE PORTION.so SHALL my TESTIMONY be in JesusName.CONGRATS ANDY MURRAY
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Dhelake: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2012
at last ....... this dude finally wins a grandslam
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Goldieluks: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2012
Murray started very strongly, no doubt. Although I was hoping that Djokovic would emerge the winner as usual..

Well Done Magic Murray!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Reference(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2012
boron10:
Now I'm confused. In what way has Rafael Nadal contributed to this victory? cry

Because there's this thing going round that foursome. They hitherto seemed to have a large target on their backs visible to but one in the group. Nadal couldn't handle The joker, Fedex couldn't handle Nadal, The Joker couldn't handle Fedex and of course Murray couldn't handle Nadal. Obviously the status quo has been shaken up. Federer is certainly in terminal decline, The Joker is burnt out after his 2011 exertions and Nadal has peaked. Time for a new hero.

Congrats to Murray. The stars aligned perfectly for him quite literaly in Sir Alex and Sean Connery. Obviously Scottish solidarity was necessary to take out Murray's British Olympic wind and reassert his roots (jolly proud people) when many English doubters had said he probably could never do it.

Good for him. Great for the game. Watched three and half sets before I had to call it a night. Surely missed history being made. The only person to have won a slam apart from the three musketeers in close to a decade. Well done.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Sep 11, 2012
Aifey: Nw we will see d british braggin media. They will intervie his mother, father, sister n even his pet dog n tel d world he is d greatest of all times. BBC n Aljazeera will hav special interview on his village. They are good in paintin other people black with ther media. Hav u ever seen Husain Bolts, rafa nadal n Djokovic parents on screen b4?

You are such a sad loser, the British media praise and celebrate every champion, Bolts, Nadal...get news coverage when they win, maybe they want to keep their families out of media eyes as many people do.

Be matured enough to congratulate Andy Murray, it will actually cost you nothing.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by dont8(m): 8:18am On Sep 11, 2012
I'm really happy for him, hope my Gunners replicate same.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Goldieluks: 8:22am On Sep 11, 2012
ochukoccna:
grin grin grin
Trust British press to go over hyping the poor chap
Recall a certain David Beckham na! undecided undecided

That is British Press for you. Big time noise makers. Its going to be all about Murray this Murray that today, tommorow and in time to come. grin grin
Rafa get well and get back to the court, your fans miss you.
kiss kiss
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Gbawe: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2012
Superb achievement by Murray. He always had the talent but needed to seriously work on his physical endurance and mental frailty. It looks like he has done that . Now, hopefully, Britain has a Champion that can rack up some grand slams for a Nation that has suffered the indignity of hosting the World's most prestigious Tennis event (Wimbledon) yet seeing her representative fall short year in year out.

I watched Murray come up short in the recent Wimbledon finals against Federer and saw he was close to becoming a dominate force in Tennis. He has done extremely well to overcome that loss to Federer to then go on to defeat the same man for the Olympic title. Adding the US open to his Olympic title is just superb. Well done Murray.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Goldieluks: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2012
Aifey: Nw we will see d british braggin media. They will intervie his mother, father, sister n even his pet dog n tel d world he is d greatest of all times. BBC n Aljazeera will hav special interview on his village. They are good in paintin other people black with ther media. Hav u ever seen Husain Bolts, rafa nadal n Djokovic parents on screen b4?

These people you mentioned are not British Citizens, am very certain they would be interviewed by their country media.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Reference(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

You are such a sad loser, the British media praise and celebrate every champion, Bolts, Nadal...get news coverage when they win, maybe they want to keep their families out of media eyes as many people do.

Be matured enough to congratulate Andy Murray, it will actually cost you nothing.

I don't understand the guy. Why won't the British media celebrate their own and why won't the British media know the way to his village. And who says the Jamaican, Spanish and Serbian media do not have the pet dogs, goats and horses of Usain Bolt in the studio. The question he should ask. How much Serb-Croat do I speak and how many Spanish channels do I watch. If one watches pan european channels like Eurosport or global channels like CNN they do give balanced air time to all stars. CNN recently did an exclusive with Nadal right down to his Madiera (I think) village even when he was out injured and right in the middle of the Olympics when other stars were on show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tread For Bet9ja Booking Codes / Ghanian Footballer Sulley Muntari Spotted With His Lamborghini Gallardo / 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.