Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 (8699 Views)

Andy Murray Wins Great Britain's First Grand Slam In 76 Years; Defeats Djokovich / Tennis US Open 2012.. / Andy Murray Defeats Roger Federer To Win Olympic Tennis Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by purplekayc(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Happy 4 him
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Delafruita(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2012
kosalabaro: yes, Andy is sure as hell talented and this is indeed a well-deserved victory! Congrats, Andy -the grand slams took a long time to come, but what d hell - U are now one of the all-time greats! Bravo!! i think also that Andy Murray should give 50% of his prize money to Rafael Nadal (i'm sure every Tennis fan out there knows what I mean). And by d way, this Serbian called Novak Djokovic appears burnt out, he's fast becoming a flash in the pan! Every Tom, Dick & Harry is just beating him - whatever happened to the '
you wanna imply murray won because nadal was absent?murray beat nadal enroute his first final at flushing meadows.he has beat him at a number of big games.
you call djokovic a flash in the pan?because he lost to murray?how many players can level a game from 2 sets down?djokovic is as good as they come and he's one of the best.by the way,andy murray isnt every "tom dicck and harry"
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2012
Reference:

I don't understand the guy. Why won't the British media celebrate their own and why won't the British media know the way to his village. And who says the Jamaican, Spanish and Serbian media do not have the pet dogs, goats and horses of Usain Bolt in the studio. The question he should ask. How much Serb-Croat do I speak and how many Spanish channels do I watch. If one watches pan european channels like Eurosport or global channels like CNN they do give balanced air time to all stars. CNN recently did an exclusive with Nadal right down to his Madiera (I think) village even when he was out injured and slap bang in the middle of the Olympics when other stars were on show.

Please lecture that individual. This is Andy's time and should be given the respect he deserved.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 11, 2012
Delafruita:
you wanna imply murray won because nadal was absent?murray beat nadal enroute his first final at flushing meadows.he has beat him at a number of big games.
you call djokovic a flash in the pan?because he lost to murray?how many players can level a game from 2 sets down?djokovic is as good as they come and he's one of the best.by the way,andy murray isnt every "tom dicck and harry"

I hope kosalabaro pays you for this lecture because i don't think he knew jack about tennis.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Delafruita(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2012
jamp:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much
nadal is tooooooooooooo much on claaayyyyyyyyyyyyy.he plays well on grass but not as well as the hard court.murray's best surface is on ashe and djokovic and admits same.federer plays better at wombledon.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by BabaOlowo: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Big Lesson, Never give up, Keep on pushing, one day the door will be opened. Congrats Andy!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Sike(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2012
Congrats Murray.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by mariamolat(f): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2012
Congrats Murray, so happy for u
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by 2goodbobo(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2012
Finally Andy Murray Goat has giving birth to a Lion!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Yoshiyuki(m): 9:23am On Sep 11, 2012
Character. Andy has lots of it. He may not be as talented as Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer but at least he's shown he has guts. I never expected Andy to win a grandslam and when he lost the Wimbledon final to Fed and cried like a baby, i said he could never win a major but he has proven me wrong. There's a lesson in life here, never give up. Even if others don't believe in you, believe in yourself and work hard. You can be so much more than you are. Nobody can say Andy didn't deserve the victory.

PS stay away from the British media for awhile, they gonna make you sick with all the Murray hype
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Olamiplenty1(m): 9:26am On Sep 11, 2012
There is reward for consistency. Murray enjoy your victory because you really deserve it. weldone!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by lbotus(f): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2012
yeah He's british cos he won and when he loses, he's Scot.
congrats Murray. kiss

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by kbdrim(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2012
ABEG MAKE UNA FREE MURRAY...MURRAY IS SCOTTISH SO CONGRATS TO SCOTLAND. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HEAR PEOPLE SAY DEVID BECKHAM THE BRITISH FOOTBALLER. WHEN THE GOING IS GOOD MURRAY IS BRITISH, WHEN IT IS BAD MURRAY IS THE SCOTTISH LAD. THE BRITISH MEDIA HAS BEEN MANIPULATING THIS FOR AGES. LEGENDS FROM SCOTLANDS WANT TO BE KNOWN AS SCOTTISH NOT BRITISH
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2012
What were other players doing that this overated, overhyped British guy ended up winning. I'm ashamed of Djokovic and Federer. This is a big blow to tennis. Now the British media will move their boastful disposition a notch higher. Tufiakwa.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: What were other players doing that this overated, overhyped British guy ended up winning. I'm ashamed of Djokovic and Federer. This is a big blow to tennis. Now the British media will move their boastful disposition a notch higher. Tufiakwa.

One word: Loser!!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by solomon111(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2012
That over-hyped scottish bum has stained the history of the U.S grand slam with this win.
What a sad day for tennis.!
Hope we never see amything like this ever again.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by solomon111(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: What were other players doing that this overated, overhyped British guy ended up winning. I'm ashamed of Djokovic and Federer. This is a big blow to tennis. Now the British media will move their boastful disposition a notch higher. Tufiakwa.
+100000
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2012
solomon111: That over-hyped scottish bum has stained the history of the U.S grand slam with this win.

Another sad loser
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by danjalingo: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2012
jamp:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much
are you sure? because i dont think he has won every competetion he entered. cross check!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by elampiro(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2012

The boy has grown. Winning the Olympic gold and US open cannot be a mere luck.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2012
Aifey: Nw we will see d british braggin media. They will intervie his mother, father, sister n even his pet dog n tel d world he is d greatest of all times. BBC n Aljazeera will hav special interview on his village. They are good in paintin other people black with ther media. Hav u ever seen Husain Bolts, rafa nadal n Djokovic parents on screen b4?
Did u forget your brain in the loo bruh? All i see above is poo. SMH!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2012
...and this is coming from a product of british colonization, am totally shocked.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Gbawe: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Murray has been 'knocking on the door' of late. Genuine sports fans, able to appreciate effort, can see that it appears Murray has finally added the missing ingredient to take his game to the next level. Against Federer in the Wimbledon Finals, after Murray had beaten Djorkovic to get that far, it was obvious Murray deserved to be playing at that level.

Abeg, some Nairalanders should simply learn to give credit where due. It will now be interesting to see if Murray has the focus and strength of character to dominate like others. Certainly, his talent cannot be denied even if some here show an aversion to admitting the truth.

Can he maintain form, intensity, hunger and focus to win at Wimbledon next year?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2012
elampiro:

The boy has grown. Winning the Olympic gold and US open cannot be a mere luck.

No doubt about it. He beat d lad that beat Federer right? then beat Djokovic to win it. He deserves credit. After Federer defeated Andy at the Wimbledon finals I knew he was going to come back stronger. Though He cries like a baby, he plays good tennis.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Maidamma: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2012
The US open is always breath taking,players are always @ their best. Andy played his best and won for the Queen.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by sessydoo(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2012
Im happy for Andy Murray. Congrats man! you have shut the mouth of your critics especially those that said Federrer willingly allowed you to win the olympic just for you to have a feel of being a champion. Victory at last. Sososo happi for u man
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2012
umra_8901: It was a brilliant game! The tension was like dayum shocked. I'm so glad he's finally broken 'the jinx'. Awesome year for him and hehe glad he's represented us well in the UK even though he's a Scot but oh well :-D
And Scots aren't Brits right?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2012
MManuel:
...and this is coming from a product of british colonization, am totally shocked.
I never knew you were a proud slave.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2012
solomon111: That over-hyped scottish bum has stained the history of the U.S grand slam with this win.
I think this win has brought the value of the US open a step lower because it will make it seem as if the US open is not competitive and is for Amateurs.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I think this win has brought the value of the US open a step lower because it will make it seem as if the US open is not competitive and is for Amateurs.

Andy Murray is a US Open champion!! Get used to that, loser!!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

Andy Murray is a US Open champion!! Get used to that, loser!!
I didn't compete oo. Abi did you see any black man there?
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Delafruita(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Yoshiyuki: Character. Andy has lots of it. He may not be as talented as Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer but at least he's shown he has guts. I never expected Andy to win a grandslam and when he lost the Wimbledon final to Fed and cried like a baby, i said he could never win a major but he has proven me wrong. There's a lesson in life here, never give up. Even if others don't believe in you, believe in yourself and work hard. You can be so much more than you are. Nobody can say Andy didn't deserve the victory.

PS stay away from the British media for awhile, they gonna make you sick with all the Murray hype
he is every bit as talented as djokovic and nadal.just needed a good coach to finetune his forehand game and work on his temperament.lendl made it clear judy murray had to steer clear of his sessions and evidence of that is already visible within 9months.a great semifinal in australia that could have gone either way,a wimbledon final,an olympic gold and now the US open.makes you wonder what he would have achieved if he had lendl four years ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tread For Bet9ja Booking Codes / Ghanian Footballer Sulley Muntari Spotted With His Lamborghini Gallardo / 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.