Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 (8693 Views)

Andy Murray Wins Great Britain's First Grand Slam In 76 Years; Defeats Djokovich / Tennis US Open 2012.. / Andy Murray Defeats Roger Federer To Win Olympic Tennis Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by elampiro(m): 2:07am On Sep 11, 2012
Andy Murray beat Djokovic to become the first British man to win a grand slam in 76 years.

Andy Murray jumped out to a two-set lead, watched it wither away, then turned up the heat again in the fifth set on his way to a 7-6 (12-10), 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2 victory against Novak Djokovic to win the U.S. Open.

It was a historic win for Murray, previously 0-4 in major finals, and for Britain, which hadn't had a male Grand Slam champion since Fred Perry in 1936.

Murray now can claim some bragging rights as the player of the year: A major title -- four different winners of majors in 2012 -- and an Olympic gold medal.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/us-open-live-blog-novak-djokovic-vs-andy-murray/1#.UE6QHXm3sQA
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by methodman(m): 2:19am On Sep 11, 2012
Wow...Victory At Last.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by kayswag100(m): 2:20am On Sep 11, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry

wanted 'the Djoker' to win his 6th. now Murray's up to No 3
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 11, 2012
Murray is just too talented to be 'grandslamless' - I'm happy for him, and his shot selection, serve, and baseline shots were outstanding tonight... The papers are going to be nuts in the morning..Bwahahahahahaha

Happy for him, and he deserves it - time to get that world number 1 spot..

Go Andy Murray!!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by trigar12(m): 2:21am On Sep 11, 2012
Thank God o...am tired of people calling him d british dream...he's not a dreamer again he's now a real CHAMPION. Kongrats 2 him

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by elampiro(m): 2:23am On Sep 11, 2012
I didn't sleep, it was a wake keeping for me to witness this happen. I wanted Murray to win and he did it. Sir Alex Ferguson was in the stadium.

Congrat to Murray, congrat to the British people.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by justwise(m): 2:25am On Sep 11, 2012
Andy has proved many people wrong, he is a true champion!! over 5hrs fighting and controlled his emotions.

Well-done Andy Murray !!!!!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by methodman(m): 2:29am On Sep 11, 2012
kayswag100: angry angry angry angry angry angry

wanted 'the Djoker' to win his 6th. now Murray's up to No 3
...Haba why u come step on Control P nah....E don reach dat level? Abeg allow Murray win some jare.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 11, 2012
haba, i wish it ws Federer dat won it, seriously dat man is good and talented. Anyways, congrats to D 'British Dream' Murray afta many yrs of waitin, Congrats
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by kayswag100(m): 2:36am On Sep 11, 2012
methodman: ...Haba why u come step on Control P nah....E don reach dat level? Abeg allow Murray win some jare.

u na CNTRL X u dey use abi? abegi!!!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by methodman(m): 2:40am On Sep 11, 2012
kayswag100:

u na CNTRL X u dey use abi? abegi!!!
...No offence bro but u just took it so Personal.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by mamagee3(f): 2:45am On Sep 11, 2012
Finally! !!

I think Murray has the potential of becoming world number one.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 11, 2012
shymexx: Murray is just too talented to be 'grandslamless' - I'm happy for him, and his shot selection, serve, and baseline shots were outstanding tonight... The papers are going to be nuts in the morning..Bwahahahahahaha

Happy for him, and he deserves it - time to get that world number 1 spot..

Go Andy Murray!!!! cool
YOU WENT FROM BEING PRO-BLACK TO A WHITE AZZ KISSER ? WELL DAYUMMMMMMMMMM. CONFUSION BREAK BONE

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by kosalabaro: 3:01am On Sep 11, 2012
yes, Andy is sure as hell talented and this is indeed a well-deserved victory! Congrats, Andy -the grand slams took a long time to come, but what d hell - U are now one of the all-time greats! Bravo!! i think also that Andy Murray should give 50% of his prize money to Rafael Nadal (i'm sure every Tennis fan out there knows what I mean). And by d way, this Serbian called Novak Djokovic appears burnt out, he's fast becoming a flash in the pan! Every Tom, Dick & Harry is just beating him - whatever happened to the '

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Pergrace: 3:04am On Sep 11, 2012
Congrats Andy Murray...Sir Alex Ferguson,Sean Connery, Kevin Spacey were present to support Andy Murray.. The tension was tense.I couldn't count the number of times I went to wee wee. See me dey shake as if na Super eagles dey play world cup finals. grin grin grin
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Chaflyje(m): 3:08am On Sep 11, 2012
Wat better time could he have won a grand slam? It sure is a fulfilling year for the young man... Av always love to see records broken. Good one for his confidence, world no. 1 to be, congrats man.
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by kosalabaro: 3:15am On Sep 11, 2012
All thanks should go to Rafael "Rafa" Nadal! that's the truth! Well, well, well, ourso-called "invincible" Novak Djokovic is fast becoming a BUM these days - his winning days seem to be over!

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Olutala(m): 3:46am On Sep 11, 2012
Admire his never give up attitude. Congrats Andy
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by azimibraun: 3:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Chai! Na me happy pass and I hop dis marks unflamboyant djokovic's slide backward 2 unflyness... Hala murray!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by boron10(m): 4:29am On Sep 11, 2012
kosalabaro: All thanks should go to Rafael "Rafa" Nadal! that's the truth! Well, well, well, ourso-called "invincible" Novak Djokovic is fast becoming a BUM these days - his winning days seem to be over!
Now I'm confused. In what way has Rafael Nadal contributed to this victory? cry
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by umra8901(f): 4:38am On Sep 11, 2012
It was a brilliant game! The tension was like dayum shocked. I'm so glad he's finally broken 'the jinx'. Awesome year for him and hehe glad he's represented us well in the UK even though he's a Scot but oh well :-D

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by umra8901(f): 4:40am On Sep 11, 2012
boron10:

Don't mind him/her jare. Murray played and played well. Wanting to give Nadal his glory.
Rubbish angry
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 11, 2012
obadiah777: YOU WENT FROM BEING PRO-BLACK TO A WHITE AZZ KISSER ? WELL DAYUMMMMMMMMMM. CONFUSION BREAK BONE

My London doozy!! Fam, I'm still pro-black - but I rate Andy Murray for doing this against all odds.. grin

People were taking the piss on yahoo news, and the Scot did what bummy and overly hyped Tim Henman couldn't do for us..

And I'm a sport fanatic; I could care less about being pro-black when it comes to sport... To be honest, I would support a KKK member on my team in a sporting event.. grin **Just messing about**

Pro-black but not racist - peep the difference
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by SamMilla1(m): 5:13am On Sep 11, 2012
finally... Congrats.
Britain will brag about this for 76 years

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by toluxe0075: 5:19am On Sep 11, 2012
At last a grand slam title to murray's name,mehn dis british won't give 2day's news rest of mind o evrything wil b murray won,they might start naming him greatest of all tym o... novak seems to b fading away pls wat wrong wit d guy..when nadal return he is going 2 teach novak more lesson...congrats andy murray
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by muffins99(f): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2012
Where are the fortune-telling couch potatoes who said Andy could never win a grand slam? (https://www.nairaland.com/1009904/andy-murray-defeats-roger-federer} tongue tongue tongue tongue Guess who's having the last laugh now! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by jamp: 5:40am On Sep 11, 2012
boron10:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by BSF: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2012
jamp:

Because nadal pulled out of the tournament cos of injury. He would hv won it. Nadal is tooooooooooo much
^^^^
You do dey sleep lol! anyway , I think you are right!!!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 6:14am On Sep 11, 2012
-Am so thrilled for Him oooo after such a prolong battle and hope with sheer unwaivering perseverance,he has finally nail it right there in the face of fying sceptics who keeps writing him off-that's the price of Having that Dogged,,Rugged faith in GoD
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by ujukala: 6:19am On Sep 11, 2012
Sweet victory!
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by mumento007: 6:22am On Sep 11, 2012
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsx0KtINo1w via @youtube
Re: Andy Murray Wins US Open 2012 by Kenistry(m): 6:23am On Sep 11, 2012
Finally!! Am so so happy for him, lets now relax and watch him haul many more grand slams to his collectns. World no 1 to come soon. GO MURRAY!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanian Footballer Sulley Muntari Spotted With His Lamborghini Gallardo / Nigeria Versus Sierra Leone / Tread For Bet9ja Booking Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.